PDA

View Full Version : Nash to back up Tony?

Ocotillo
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Will Steve Nash join Kevin Willis, Jerome Kersey, Glenn Robinson, Michael Finley and once he is a washed up vet free agent join the Spurs to get that ring that eluded him his whole career?

Character-wise, I think he fits, defense-wise, I guess he won't be playing in San Antonio like ever.

ForeignFan
04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
let me think ...
no

gmanrulz
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
u gotta be an idiot to not want nash, especially in a backup role

WildcardManu
04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
whoa nash backing up TP

ForeignFan
04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
being a backup PG? He will not even think about it, he still has a couple of good years. He needs a good backup PG

Sausage
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I seriously doubt Steve Nash would come to San Antonio. You have to believe he still has something left in the tank, and some team would be willing to give him a starting job somewhere.

But then again, everyone said the same thing about Michael Finley, but I seriously doubt Nash would come here.

my2sons
04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
guess people didn't read once he is a washed up old point guard. People forget that kerr didn't play defense, barry is not a defensive jaugernaut, ferry didn't play defense, glen robinson didn't play defense, they just have to buy into the scheme and direct their man to a particular spot on the floor. Plus nash will always be able to shoot the ball and pass instinctively. So not only yes, but HELL YES

xtremesteven33
04-30-2008, 12:25 PM
it would definitely be a limited role,,,,proboby around 10-15 minutes a game. i can see it, but i doubt it would happen due to he probably is going to retire soon. it seems that his desire for a championship is not as strong as some other players. he seems dissapointed he loses but not like his world came down on him like other players.

i think next year is his last year....

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Nash still has one season remaining before his contract can be bought out by the Suns ups. San Antonio can't trade for him now, and, in another season, there will be much better franchises to be a backup PG for than San Antonio. No offense, but Tim Duncan isn't getting any younger. Tack on another deep playoff run, another season and another playoff run and I think Duncan will be productive, not not capable of being that commanding presense to guide this team to the Finals.

Go to the Lakers, the Hornets, the Jazz... Not the Spurs. Not in another year or two.

rAm
04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Nash still has one season remaining before his contract can be bought out by the Suns ups. San Antonio can't trade for him now, and, in another season, there will be much better franchises to be a backup PG for than San Antonio. No offense, but Tim Duncan isn't getting any younger. Tack on another deep playoff run, another season and another playoff run and I think Duncan will be productive, not not capable of being that commanding presense to guide this team to the Finals.

Go to the Lakers, the Hornets, the Jazz... Not the Spurs. Not in another year or two.

The link in your sig doesn't work! I want to see those things bounce!

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 03:29 PM
The link in your sig doesn't work! I want to see those things bounce!

All Fixed...