PDA

View Full Version : why spurs fans should worry

coachmac87
04-30-2008, 01:02 PM
1) chris paul...on another level right now. nobody can stop him this kid scares me more than any player the spurs have ever faced.

2) rebounds- spurs have to win the boards so we can control the game..hornets have chandler who is excellent at offensvie rebounding and bonzi may see time because he plays good against the spurs.

3)david west- other than duncan spurs really have nobody who can hang....and i dont want duncan on him cause we need duncan to stay out of foul trouble.

4)home court- new orleans seems really tough to beat at home and they have the advantage with the home court... means spurs need to win possibly 2 games to win the series.

And they have chris paul

Sausage
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
What the Spurs have that the Hornets don't:

1. Tim Duncan

2. Four Championships

3. The Heart of a Champion

and oh yeah, Tim Duncan

slayermin
04-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Spurs should be able to defend the pick n roll with Paul and Chandler much better than Dallas. Also, playoff experience will cost the Hornets one game in this series.

Spurs in six.

some_user86
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Ugh. I hate the layoff days between games. It's round of speculation followed by rounds of counter-speculation of the "We have Tim Duncan/Championships/Playoff Experience/etc" variety.

BlackSwordsMan
Forgot
5)Stern wants celtics vs Lakers

Budkin
"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion."

- Rudy T.

June 1995

coachmac87

1. Tim Duncan

2. Four Championships

and oh yeah, Tim Duncan

ok...whats ur point?

Teal Street
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM

1. Tim Duncan

2. Four Championships

and oh yeah, Tim Duncan

Scratch #3 BAAAAAAA. Wrong

michaelwcho
04-30-2008, 01:13 PM
To me, the main question is:
Did the Spurs just prove they still "have it", or did the Suns just show that the still don't? In other words, did we just beat an elite team or a mediocre one? After all, the Suns were a Frankenstein monster there at the end. You normally just can't change your complete identity in a month and expect to win a championship.

The Hornets series, in my opinon, will answer that question.

bus driver
04-30-2008, 01:13 PM
1) chris paul...on another level right now. nobody can stop him this kid scares me more than any player the spurs have ever faced.

2) rebounds- spurs have to win the boards so we can control the game..hornets have chandler who is excellent at offensvie rebounding and bonzi may see time because he plays good against the spurs.

3)david west- other than duncan spurs really have nobody who can hang....and i dont want duncan on him cause we need duncan to stay out of foul trouble.

4)home court- new orleans seems really tough to beat at home and they have the advantage with the home court... means spurs need to win possibly 2 games to win the series.

And they have chris paul

...if you dont believe then i can stop the bus????

:flag::lobt2::flag:

ChumpDumper
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm not worried.

slayermin
04-30-2008, 01:14 PM

:lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2:

peskypesky
04-30-2008, 01:15 PM

And they have chris paul

What. Ever.
:flag:

bus driver
04-30-2008, 01:15 PM
"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion."

- Rudy T.

June 1995

this is what the boss says at work everytime the spurs win :lol

:flag::lobt2::flag:

TampaDude
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
It's gonna be a tough series...I'm still going with Spurs in 6. :flag:

NoMoneyDown
04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
I just keep thinking about the Hornets/Dallas series vs. the Spurs/Suns series. Dallas looked completely dismantled - especially in the last game. Plus they have no history of defense, per'se. The Suns looked slightly worse than in previous PO's against the Spurs (mainly because of Shaq), but, IMHO, looked a lot better than Dallas in their series. Paul is a great player, no doubt about it, but I just don't think he (and West) will be enough to win 4 games against this Spurs team. Many people outside of the Spurs fan base don't realize just how much more mentally focused this Spurs team is during the PO's vs the RS. It's unreal. I think the Spurs will "steal" G1 or G2 (maybe even both) and go on to win the series (probably drop another game along the way).

Spurs in 6

CP3_Bourbon_St.
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I think a lot of surprises are in store for both teams.

Budkin
04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I think a lot of surprises are in store for both teams.

For sure... the Hornets are not to be taken lightly... talk about playing with heart!

Jimcs50
04-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Forgot
5)Stern wants celtics vs Lakers

Obviously, they want Celtics, how else can you explain why KG was not suspended for his shove of an NBA ref on Monday????

Had that been Rasheed, he would have been suspended for 3 games.

spursfan09
04-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I am worried the Spurs will take the Hornets likely. But if they are considered the underdogs in this series, then that usually bolds well for them

urunobili
04-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Spurs should be able to defend the pick n roll with Paul and Chandler much better than Dallas. Also, playoff experience will cost the Hornets one game in this series.

Spurs in six.

+1

ambchang
04-30-2008, 01:44 PM
This series reminds me quite a bit of the Utah series last year.
Supremely talented young point guard.
Scoring PF (though in different ways).
Tough defensive style (rough you up, not necessarily strong defense).
Long athletic defensive big (though Chandler >>>> AK47)
Both are young and talented teams.
A shooting big (Okur and Peja).

On the other hand, I think NO is much more dangerous than Utah was last year, could be a 6-7 game series.

boutons_
04-30-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm sure Pop will get the Spurs prepared well.

Condemned 2 HelLA
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM

Louis!!!!
You've regrouped!
Good to see you back!

GinobiliLooms
04-30-2008, 01:56 PM
The spurs win this in 4 games.

Geeboy
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
No pressure. For me SAS and the PHX are the team to beat this playoff series and now that PHX are planning their vacation to Argentina, France, and Virgin Islands (to know our secret), the next series is no brainer. One game at a time boys, surely we will get there.

SPURS in 6.