PDA

View Full Version : D'Antoni to Mavs? Avery to Suns?

Tacker
04-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Avery already got the axe and I can see D'antnoi getting it by next week. You guys think Suns and Mavs could switch their coaches around with each coaching the other team. I can see this happening and it would be interesting.

Findog
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
D'Antoni goes to Toronto.

Tacker
04-30-2008, 03:48 PM

no

sribb43
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM

perfect fit, personnel and GM

Xylus
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM

I see that as a very, very likely scenario.

JamStone
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Is Mitchell going to get fired?

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 03:53 PM

On the surface it does make sense, but I seem to recall there being a bit of animosity twixt he and Bryan Colangelo. BC left because of Sarver, but I think D'Antoni's refusal to play young players and whatnot annoyed Colangelo.

Sausage
04-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Last report I saw was D'Antoni to the Knicks, but I can see him going to the Raptors.

As far as these two teams switching coaches, no way.

ata
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Is Mitchell going to get fired?

It is about time!

Unfortunately, D'Antoni means change from bad to worse :bang

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2008, 04:58 PM
AJ to the Suns could be intriguing. It's a high risk proposition but Kerr seems to love those these days. One the one hand you can look at what he did in his first year with the Mavs, taking a defensive joke of a team and turning it into Finals material. Or you can look at how he overcoached and alienated his players in the time following that.

There's no doubt Phoenix needs a heavy dose of defense if they want to win titles and AJ could bring that. Or he could get into a pissing contest with the PG whose been running the show and I'd love to see what happens the first time he called Shaq out.

Mike in Dallas seems a little more doubtful. For starters I think that most of the Dallas faithful would just view his offense and lack of postseason success as Nellie 2.0. But he is a players coach and a good motivator, something that would be good for a team that just quit on their coach this year. I think that Chicago would be a good fit for D'Antoni. It's a team full of athletes he could play small ball with, and having more shots to go around might help their chemistry issues.

resistanze
04-30-2008, 05:11 PM
First Mitchell then him? :depressed

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Avery is coming back to the Spurs as an assistant coach. :hungry:
And Pringles to the Raptors.

angel_luv
04-30-2008, 06:54 PM

Ew- No!!!!!!!!!!

Radiosparks
04-30-2008, 07:02 PM

There are lots of speculation going around that Toronto is his next stop.

Xylus
04-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Ew- No!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? D'Antoni is a really good coach, and would instantly improve the Raptors' offense. He'd make them a 55-win team in the East, in my opinion.

The only team D'Antoni seems to have problems with is the Spurs...

Armando
04-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Why not? D'Antoni is a really good coach, and would instantly improve the Raptors' offense. He'd make them a 55-win team in the East, in my opinion.

I agree given the state of the East he would have easier path to the Finals.

21GoSpursGo9
04-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Everyone needs to stay away from the Bulls unless it is a bad coach. That team isnt going anywhere after screwing up possible trades in landing a star. They have decent players that might be good enough to contend for the 8th seed. That is the best it is going to get for that team.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Ew- No!!!!!!!!!!

It gets better!
Avery will come back to the Spurs! :danceclub

resistanze
04-30-2008, 08:09 PM

As shitty as the East is, Toronto is crappy due to their atrocious defense. They were already 7th in FG%, 2nd in 3PT% and FT% and usually have no trouble scoring. Unless you're saying he could perhaps maximize their offensive potential even more, but I'd still prefer a defensive-minded coach.