PDA

View Full Version : Rockets vs Jazz Game 6 Thread

Indazone
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
With the Rockets facing elmination, they came back and buried the Jazz by 26points for the first blowout of the series. Can the Rockets do it again? The Rockets seemed to have found that 22 game win streak magic again in game 5. More motion, more hard cuts, less pick and roll and predictability. The bench was huge and got all the loose balls. The defense came up huge. Adleman has adjusted to the double teaming of T-Mac by calling Scola and Landry's number. The shooting has picked up in large part because of getting a lot better looks.

Meanwhile Sloan and company will be trying like crazy to close out the series in Utah because they definately do not want the series to be tied 3-3 and having to play the Rockets on their own home floor to close the series out.

The Rockets are incredibly banged up with the announcment today that Battier, Alston and T-Mac will require surgery in the offseason and are all playing hurt right now. Yao, Francis lost for the season and an aging Mutumbo locking down the post. Getting past the first round would be considred a success with this amount of injuries. Everything else is gravy. Heck just getting this far is a testament to Adleman and the heart of this team.

ArgSpursFan.
04-30-2008, 02:55 PM
they better win this one and next game
I've got a bet to win,god damnit!

robbie380
04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
battier will tough it out. he always does. i have developed a new level of respect for him this year.

i would love to see another dominating defensive performance by the rockets. last night's game was the best game the rockets have played since the streak. who knows how it will go with the refs since the game is in utah. all we can hope for is that the game gets called equally rough and no flopping is allowed.

DaDakota
04-30-2008, 03:42 PM
They are 2 and 2 in Utah this season, they can do it.....The Refs will decide....will they let Utah mug the perimeter players, or will they call them for the touch fouls? This benefits Houston and Tmac a lot.

DD

armand0
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
it has nothing to do with refs or rockets, if jazz wants, they(we) win.(full stop)

DaDakota
04-30-2008, 04:22 PM
it has nothing to do with refs or rockets, if jazz wants, they(we) win.(full stop)

LOL - you have been hanging out with Josh Howard and hitting the peace pipe.

These teams are about as evenly matched as you an possibly get.....every game is a toss up...every one.

DD

atxrocker
04-30-2008, 04:25 PM
utah is so lucky that yao is hurt. houston is a really dangerous team. if they can win on friday, i got them to win game 7 in utah. this team has tons of heart. i'll be rooting for them.

Indazone
04-30-2008, 04:43 PM
LOL - you have been hanging out with Josh Howard and hitting the peace pipe.

These teams are about as evenly matched as you an possibly get.....every game is a toss up...every one.

DD

LOL! Not the last one.

Indazone
04-30-2008, 04:43 PM
utah is so lucky that yao is hurt. houston is a really dangerous team. if they can win on friday, i got them to win game 7 in utah. this team has tons of heart. i'll be rooting for them.

Well you almost got it right. Game 6 is in Utah and Game 7 is in Houston.

Girasuck
04-30-2008, 05:27 PM
lol...I love it. More announcments from Rockets camp that players are injured. You haven't heard a damn thing from the Jazz side about DWill's tailbone, Boozer's back, AK's hip, or Brewer's hamstring pull. They don't use injuries as an excuse. All the Rockets are doing is setting themselves up for excuses when they don't win Friday night.

Houston is playing the sympathy card pretty heavy right now.

DOMINATOR
04-30-2008, 06:02 PM
lol...I love it. More announcments from Rockets camp that players are injured. You haven't heard a damn thing from the Jazz side about DWill's tailbone, Boozer's back, AK's hip, or Brewer's hamstring pull. They don't use injuries as an excuse. All the Rockets are doing is setting themselves up for excuses when they don't win Friday night.

injuries from flopping don't count :lol

Armando
04-30-2008, 06:14 PM
WTF is Utah doing? Is Alston really outplaying Williams?

Girasuck
04-30-2008, 06:20 PM
injuries from flopping don't count :lol

HAHA!! Very funny. Deron and AK must've flopped on flagrant fouls then because that's when the injuries took place.

Indazone
04-30-2008, 08:33 PM
It's done, 26 pt. blowout victory for the Rockets. I hope that this means that they have figured out the Utah Jazz defense and can blow right by them now. Motion, motion and more motion. Adleman did say that the Rockets are quicker than the Jazz and that's what they have to do. Play to their strengths and not to run the pick and roll set offense which the Jazz can just manhandle and foul to their hearts content. With the sharper cuts, the running and the speed, a Jazz player has to reach in or get a body in which is much more evident to a ref than in the other offense. No more pick and roll ...defend that Jazzholes!

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
lol...I love it. More announcments from Rockets camp that players are injured. You haven't heard a damn thing from the Jazz side about DWill's bruised vagina, Boozer's bruised ovaries, AK's breast-bruise, or Brewer's clitoral-soreness. They don't use injuries as an excuse. All the Rockets are doing is setting themselves up for excuses when they don't win Friday night.

How many of your players have missed multiple games this year with those so called pussy injuries you talk about? How many of them have missed the first two games of the playoffs? How many of them are all stars AND will miss all of the post season?

dude, why don't you go buy some tampons for your 8 fat wives and stf:lmao

your team is pathetic, losing by 26 to a team missing Yao, francis.:lmao

pauls931
04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
honestly, I view the Jazz and to some extent houston as both overrated. There are/were 4 teams better than both in the west as far as I'm concerned.

Spurs
Phoenix
New Orleans
Lakers

GuerillaBlack
04-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Don't think New Orleans is better than a healthy Houston team. I think Phoenix is not better either than a healthy Houston team.

Armando
04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Don't think New Orleans is better than a healthy Houston team. I think Phoenix is not better either than a healthy Houston team.

Except that Yao can't defend Amare but then again Amare can't defend Yao either.

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 09:58 PM
honestly, I view the Jazz and to some extent houston as both overrated. There are/were 4 teams better than both in the west as far as I'm concerned.

Spurs
Phoenix
New Orleans
Lakers

I agree with you on the jazz......If yao and tmac can stay healthy along with the young talent the team has........just wait and see who's dominant next year.......Its all about staying healthy for the rox.
fuck phoenix, you guys are old and DONE. We owned new orleans this year with and without yao. We crushed the Lakers a few times too.......

You are full of it...........

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 10:01 PM
A healthy Rocket team???

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Do you believe in unicorns too?

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
A healthy Rocket team???

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Do you believe in unicorns too?

stop being a dick,
watch out b/c Karma is a motherfucker....

Keeping making fun and your little bitch center will roll his ankle again or kobe blow out a knee....its a fragile thing here staying healthy. I have no control over it, other than to hope they stay healthy. Props to your team for being almost as healthy as you could want going into the 2nd round.

btw, yao has had the injury bug bite hard, but each injury that he has healed from has not come back...the injury site has gotten stronger and its new freaky unrelated shit like tim thomas crashing down on his knee last year, then someone kicking his foot the year b4 that and toe nail infections from bad shoes/people stepping on him.
I'm glad you seem to take pleasure in the injuries of other teams.

pauls931
04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
I agree with you on the jazz......If yao and tmac can stay healthy along with the young talent the team has........just wait and see who's dominant next year.......Its all about staying healthy for the rox.
fuck phoenix, you guys are old and DONE. We owned new orleans this year with and without yao. We crushed the Lakers a few times too.......

You are full of it...........

See ya next year. The only think old about Phoenix is shaq. Nash never clears more than 1" off the ground.

GuerillaBlack
04-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Except that Yao can't defend Amare but then again Amare can't defend Yao either.

Not!

Rockets split the series with the Suns this year, and the only time the Rockets played the Suns on a night not on a back to back, the Rockets won...without Yao.

Rockets are a better team than the Suns (both teams at full strength).

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
See ya next year. The only think old about Phoenix is shaq. Nash never clears more than 1" off the ground.

Yeah, this is not old:lmao
shaq 36
r.bell 32
g.girasuck 32
grant OvertheHILL 36
steve nash 34
eric pieholkowski 38
b.skinner 32

barbosa, amare, and diaw 26......not exactly fresh young talent there...

wgas if nash plays below the rim, way, way below the rim........he is old and turnover prone.....

TampaDude
04-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Once again, the Jazz show us all how much they suck on the road... :lol

Indazone
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM

This thread is a testament to the pansies that are the Utah Jazz. Yeah we don't like your city. Your milk toast crowd. Your multiple wives. Your flopping basketball play. Your coach who teaches his players to foul as much as possible because the ref's can't call every foul or the game would be too long.

This thread is a testament to the cheaters that call themselves the Jazz and the entire city of Salt Lake. Your crybaby Kirilenko and your Ashton Kutcher wannabes. Yes we hate your powder puff blue gay uniforms, the name of your team which you stole from New Orleans, your strange fans who are at best creepy. Like who the hell does this???

http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ty/k/p/2008-04-25/U2136P6T12D3622308F44DT20080425125624.jpg

or this

Like yeah, this is typical...and just wrong on so many levels lol

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/31/fullj.f9e64fc0f9e6e8ee91c68e981a3ba0da/f9e64fc0f9e6e8ee91c68e981a3ba0da-getty-80358536mm019_rocketsjazz.jpg

Can't you just feel the love! :toast

Armando
04-30-2008, 11:53 PM
If Utah is this bad on the road they don't stand a chance @ LAL

Indazone
05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Lets bring it! Over..nothing is over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtP3whUbgZE

Borosai
05-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm just gonna say Utah will win tonight, 94-88.

robbie380
05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm just gonna say Utah will win tonight, 94-88.

i'm cool with that just as long as we win friday.

Borosai
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
i'm cool with that just as long as we win friday.

Ouch... subtle, but ouch. :lol

DaDakota
05-01-2008, 06:20 PM
We got this...Deke guaranteed a win.

DD

Indazone
05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
IT"S TIME!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_MBueN2-Ns34/RipAaPlN9mI/AAAAAAAAATk/FLUCAQTOi34/s400/Rockets+Logo.JPG

Indazone
05-02-2008, 10:42 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20080502/HOUUTA/preview.html

Jazz try to close out Rockets at home
By DOUG ALDEN, AP Sports Writer
Posted May 1 2008 6:37PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Celebrate the Tradition

Jazz Home
Rockets Home
2007-08 Stats at a GlanceSALT LAKE CITY (AP) The playoff series the Utah Jazz appeared to have firmly in their control could be teetering.

The Jazz host the Houston Rockets on Friday in Game 6 of the best-of-7 series. Utah leads 3-2 and is just one victory away from advancing to the second round, but the Jazz are also only one loss away from a winner-take-all Game 7 back in Houston.

"We have home-court advantage right now and we don't want to lose it. We need to treat it really like Game 7,'' Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko said.

The Rockets not only staved off elimination by winning Game 5, they did it by dominating more than either team had through the first four games. The 95-69 win Tuesday was an example of how quickly Tracy McGrady and the Rockets can pull away in a game.

The Jazz know it could also be pivotal in a series they have led 2-0 and then 3-1.

"They're just playing better and better every game. That's where we've got to be concerned,'' guard Deron Williams said. "After those first two losses, it seems like they're a different team - a more determined team.''

One thing in the Jazz's favor is they haven't had trouble regrouping after losses this season. Utah has not lost back-to-back games since the end of December.

That could easily change if the Jazz play like they did Tuesday. The Jazz have gone 58-for-146 over the past two games, making only two of 23 3-pointers. On Tuesday, the Jazz were 27-for-74 and committed 18 turnovers while scoring the fewest points they have all season.

With the woeful outside shooting, Houston has been able to back off a little on defense and focus more on shutting down the Jazz in the paint.

The shots that went in earlier in the series haven't been going in lately.

"Let's not concentrate on that. Let's get inside,'' Kirilenko said. "We've never been like such a great team from the 3. We've always been successful from the paint.''

Utah still leads the series and has a chance to clinch at home, but the Rockets are unlikely to be rattled by the rowdy fans that cheered on the Jazz to a 37-4 home record during the regular season. Houston split the two games here last week and is one of the few teams to win in EnergySolutions Arena during the regular season.

"This is going to be their best shot. They really think they have to win this game,'' Houston coach Rick Adelman said.

McGrady had his left knee wrapped during a light practice Thursday in Houston. He said the soreness that kept him out of 12 games midway through the season has returned, although it didn't seem to slow him much as he scored 29 on Tuesday.

For a team that won 22 in a row this season, a three-game winning streak sounds quite possible, even with the pressure of having the season on the line.

"We've stayed confident. When we were down 3-1, we were confident. We never lose our confidence. We feel that we can win in that building,'' McGrady said.

If Houston wins Friday, the Rockets will host the Jazz in a Game 7 for the second straight year. Utah came up with a road win and advanced a year ago, but having to repeat that would be daunting.

"It'd be great for us if we could come back with a game. That means Game 7 is on our home court and we get a chance to redeem ourselves (from last year),'' McGrady said.

Despite any confidence the Rockets gained Tuesday, they are still playing an elimination game. If the Jazz win, they will be headed to Los Angeles to start the Western Conference semifinals against the Lakers on Sunday.

The Jazz know they had a lackluster outing in a game the could have ended the series. They still have home-court advantage, thanks to opening the series with two wins at Houston and don't want to give it back to the Rockets.

"You've got to take care of it when you have the opportunity for it. You can't say 'well we'll get them next game,''' Utah coach Jerry Sloan said.

Today is the day! 10:30 PM ET

robbie380
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
this really is game 7. if we are able to pull this game out i envision game 7 would be like game 5. it should be a hell of a game tonight and i think deron's quote says it all...

"They're just playing better and better every game. That's where we've got to be concerned,'' guard Deron Williams said. "After those first two losses, it seems like they're a different team - a more determined team.''

but all the determination in the world won't make you win if you can't hit a shot like the rockets in game 4. if rafer is hitting his shots early then the rockets will win.

SpursDynasty
05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm so sick and tired of these idiot Rockets. Time for Utah to send them home tonight. Stupid flukes.

Indazone
05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm so sick and tired of these idiot Rockets. Time for Utah to send them home tonight. Stupid flukes.

LOL I have been waiting for this post. Thank you!! We are guaranteed the win tonight courtesy of SpursDynasty :)

Allanon
05-02-2008, 03:55 PM
The Rockets won't win in Utah but they gave it a good try.

On the positive side, I think the Rockets have one of the best looking uniforms. The Jazz have one of the uglier ones.

#1 Lakers Sunday White jersey
#2 Rockets Red and Silver

#1,000 Washington Wizards Gold jersey

boutons_
05-02-2008, 04:33 PM
the arena will be insane.

impossible to know which way it will go.

If the Rockets bet the game on their defense, and McGrady is hitting, they could pull it off.

great playoff drama!!

Lakers loving the rest and their HCA.

robbie380
05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
the arena will be insane.

impossible to know which way it will go.

If the Rockets bet the game on their defense, and McGrady is hitting, they could pull it off.

great playoff drama!!

Lakers loving the rest and their HCA.

i disagree about t-mac hitting. obviously if he is hitting then we are great but it's all about rafer, bobby jackson, and scola. i've said it a ton of times about rafer...i don't think there is another non-superstar player that has more effect on the success of his team. if rafer plays well the rockets are a VERY tough team, but if he is off. :hang

and if scola has another game where he doesn't flop :pctoss and actually stays upright and plays defense then that will be a huge benefit for the rockets.

but no matter what the outcome is i hope the refs call a consistent game. if they have another terrible game where they can't decide on what level of tough plays and flopping they are going to allow then it will make the game pretty hard to watch. hopefully, they will ignore all flopping....but being in utah i doubt that will happen.

Indazone
05-02-2008, 06:34 PM
The Jazz are sure to double T-Mac as in all the other games. This one is on Scola and Landry!

robbie380
05-02-2008, 09:52 PM
fuck...this is a bad situation. refs are certainly calling the game for the jazz.

robbie380
05-02-2008, 09:58 PM
i will be amazed if we win. that last play would have been a foul on the rockets if it was okur going to the basket. instead it was scola going to the basket and getting hacked but no call.

at least scola isn't flopping so far.

anyhow...the jazz are getting the calls. we are going to have to turn the tide somehow.

SAtown
05-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Does ESPN do the whole "fishing pictures" like TNT? If so, they should do one of Tmac, Princess Pimp, and Spurs_Dynasty_21 (with a Scola jersey) crying while they're fishing.

armand0
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM

:rolleyes

trueD
05-02-2008, 10:23 PM
This thread is a testament to the pansies that are the Utah Jazz. Yeah we don't like your city. Your milk toast crowd. Your multiple wives. Your flopping basketball play. Your coach who teaches his players to foul as much as possible because the ref's can't call every foul or the game would be too long.

This thread is a testament to the cheaters that call themselves the Jazz and the entire city of Salt Lake. Your crybaby Kirilenko and your Ashton Kutcher wannabes. Yes we hate your powder puff blue gay uniforms, the name of your team which you stole from New Orleans, your strange fans who are at best creepy. Like who the hell does this???

http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ty/k/p/2008-04-25/U2136P6T12D3622308F44DT20080425125624.jpg

or this

Like yeah, this is typical...and just wrong on so many levels lol

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/31/fullj.f9e64fc0f9e6e8ee91c68e981a3ba0da/f9e64fc0f9e6e8ee91c68e981a3ba0da-getty-80358536mm019_rocketsjazz.jpg

Can't you just feel the love! :toast

Funny pics, nice post.

Can't you just feel the passion!

BonnerDynasty
05-02-2008, 10:24 PM
wtf is that old over-tanned white haired guy in the stands. The dude that wears all the leather and is always at NBA games? I can't remember.

He just looked like the jeepers creepers creature.

trueD
05-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Looks like the Jazz all the way so far. Though the Rockets have fought hard and already won in Utah and are not to be discounted.

I gotta study for a thing tomorrow but will check back in later.

GO UTAH!

DAF86
05-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Scola's choking? give me a break

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2008, 10:28 PM
So much for Tmac's 2nd round hope.

Dude's just got bad first round mojo for his teams.
Doesn't make sense, the way they compete in one game, and then they just lay down and the die the next.

SAtown
05-02-2008, 10:29 PM
The dude that wears all the leather and is always at NBA games? I can't remember.

If your talking about the dude that sits in the front row at all the important playoff games, wearing a leather outfit with a cowboy hat, I once pulled him towards me and asked him what he does for a living, and all he said was "I have fun."

DAF86
05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
The rockets looking like pussies out there

DAF86
05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
The rockets are the unluckiest team ever

DAF86
05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
The rockets are the unluckiest team ever

And if the win this game they're also the gutsiest.

ShoogarBear
05-02-2008, 10:47 PM
AK choke!

Warlord23
05-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Here come the Rockets ... lol @ the Jazz

01Snake
05-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Nice comeback!

Armando
Apparently the crowd thinks Jazz never fouls

Pistons < Spurs
Of all the series in this years playoffs, I've had the most difficult time watching this one. It just hasn't been all that exciting. Probably doesn't help that it's been the last game every night, but it's just been boring to me. I watch for 10 or 15 minutes and have to turn the channel.

ShoogarBear
05-02-2008, 10:49 PM
wtf is that old over-tanned white haired guy in the stands. The dude that wears all the leather and is always at NBA games? I can't remember.

There've been articles on that guy. I'll see if I can dig them up.

01Snake
05-02-2008, 10:51 PM

Thats Jimmy Goldstein. Dude gets access to everything.

Here is his site: www.jamesfgoldstein.com

DAF86
05-02-2008, 10:52 PM
The Rockets'd be a lot better with Mutombo shooting all the Free throws.

ShoogarBear
05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
There've been articles on that guy. I'll see if I can dig them up.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Goldstein

Here's his web page: http://www.jamesfgoldstein.com/

td4mvp21
05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
The Rockets just won't give up. Imagine what they would be doing with Yao.

Allanon
05-02-2008, 10:57 PM
This is craziness.

ShoogarBear
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM
This is craziness.

http://www.qarl.com/qLab/pile/300/SPARTA.jpg

"This is UTAAAAAH!!!"

DAF86
05-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Jackson is sucking badly. Put head or somebody instead of him

DDS4
05-02-2008, 11:26 PM
D Will is on fire. Houston is toast.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Utah's the better team. Sorry Rockets fans

DAF86
05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Alston's injury really hurt the rockets, Brooks and Jackson've missed 100 wide open 3's.

DazedAndConfused
05-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Lakers are going to obliterate UTA. 5 games is my prediction.

Armando
05-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Rockets are done

jman3000
05-02-2008, 11:44 PM
tmac

l
m
a
o

Armando
05-02-2008, 11:44 PM

As long as the Jazz spoil Kobe's MVP presentation I don't care if they lose in 5.:lol

jman3000
05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
i just love how at halftime they were saying that tmac is doing everything in his power to win this game and not be the cause of the loss.

and he has 3 points up to this point in the half.

DazedAndConfused
05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
As long as the Jazz spoil Kobe's MVP presentation I don't care if they lose in 5.:lol

Don't you have bigger fish to fry? Your fucking headcoach is about to get fired and your team's championship window has been completely closed.

jman3000
05-02-2008, 11:47 PM
tmac is probably thinking "i can score 13 points in a minute... we'll be just fine"

Crookshanks
05-02-2008, 11:48 PM
But man - the Jazz are literally beating the crap out of the Rockets! I'm so glad the Lakers have them in the next round. Utah is such a physical team - and the refs seem to be letting them get away with an awful lot.

ChumpDumper
05-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Don't you have bigger fish to fry? Your fucking headcoach is about to get fired and your team's championship window has been completely closed.I'm sure he can multitask.

trueD
05-02-2008, 11:54 PM
McGrady=no lift.

trueD
05-02-2008, 11:56 PM

Noted and recorded. :king

DAF86
05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
How can McGrady suck so bad at the FT line?

Don Quixote
05-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Fork. Rockets.

I'm sure you two have met.

trueD
05-03-2008, 12:00 AM
Who doesn't like the new quit-smoking commercials? The one of the guy in the cafe trying to drink coffee is frigging hilarious!

trueD
05-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Fork. McGrady.

I'm sure you two have met.

Fixed.

DazedAndConfused
05-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Eh this loss is not McGrady's fault at all. Rockets are simply undermanned and to banged up to take on a fully healthy UTAH team. The fact that they took this to 6 games shows how much heart they have.

When Yao gets back and IF by some miracle they can get to next year's playoffs healthy they will get out of the 1st round for once. This team can defend with the best of them, they are missing their #1 offensive weapon and cannot manufacture any easy points. That's why they lost.

trueD
05-03-2008, 12:05 AM
What did the Jazz fans at get tonight @ Energy Solutions Arena, little tiny Joseph Smith lapel pins?

trueD
05-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Eh this loss is not McGrady's fault at all. Rockets are simply undermanned and to banged up to take on a fully healthy UTAH team. The fact that they took this to 6 games shows how much heart they have.

When Yao gets back and IF by some miracle they can get to next year's playoffs healthy they will get out of the 1st round for once. This team can defend with the best of them, they are missing their #1 offensive weapon and cannot manufacture any easy points. That's why they lost.

I haven't watched all 6 games, but the three I've seen McGrady has not really hleped...much...imo. On paper it probably looks like he helped, and some games maybe he was the high scorer... but expectations being what they are of a player of his caliber, he fell short. Haven't really looked at his numbers, but I will and get back to you.

Bobby Jackson is a streaky player who can give lots of help but sometimes he comes off too sideways; too eager, he tends to make big mistakes. They probably really missed Alston in the 2nd half tonight, that was tough.

A healthy Yao takes them past Utah and maybe even beyond.

Roxsfan
05-03-2008, 12:21 AM

Yes sir.

Good luck to the lakes against the jizz. I will now be rooting for the lakers to beat their fucking asses down.

:toast

Indazone
05-03-2008, 04:02 AM
freaking Rockets. It's a good thing I went out tonight and partied instead of giving a crap about the Rockets. Yeah I watched the game at a bar but they plain sucked. Coudln't hit a shot if their lives depended on it. So props to the Jazz. Now I am the biggest fan of the only Texas Team left alive in this series.

GO SPURS!!!

GuerillaBlack
05-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Game sevens over the last few years have been rough for us. But I'm extremely proud of what this team has accomplished this season. Coming into this year this team was considered a legitimate contender but after our slow start people started to doubt them. Even I started to question Rick Adelman's coaching abilities. Well they proved us wrong and did some great things this season.

The 22 game winning streak was wonderful and that's something no one can take away from us. All the things we accomplished without our best players should say something about our team's makeup. It's disappointing now and I thought if we had made enough of our freethrows and rebounded better we could've at least won one of the first two games of this series.

Anyway, this team next year should be even better because guys like Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks got invaluable playoff experience that will only help them grow as players. It should be an exciting season next year if we can keep enough guys healthy. Go Rockets!!!