PDA

View Full Version : trouble in az

ducks
04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
But Stoudemire made it a point to praise the Spurs three times Tuesday night for being “well-coached.” He also didn’t seem happy that the Suns had leaned their offense toward his French teammate. “Even though your style may change a little bit, you should still have your same go-to guy,” Stoudemire said. “That shouldn’t change at all. That’s what the Spurs have.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsDC9yoKX5CWCLysuzyQbrG8vLYF?slug=jy-dantonifuture043008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 03:38 PM
What a prick...you exploit the missmatches in the playoffs. Sometimes you can't always be the man Amare. Rather than do the little things like box out, battle for boards and set good picks for guys getting it done like Boris, you complain about touches. Learning from Shaq I see. Hmm....Shaq was the same way with the lakers when Kobe was the main threat later on.

Xylus
04-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Stoudemire's 100% correct.

The Suns played a certain style for most of the regular season, and then completely changed their style in the postseason. As good as Boris Diaw was, the offense ran entirely through him in Game 5... and that's just not what the team is used to.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Stoudemire's 100% correct.

The Suns played a certain style for most of the regular season, and then completely changed their style in the postseason. As good as Boris Diaw was, the offense ran entirely through him in Game 5... and that's just not what the team is used to.

Yeah, but you were in a position to win the game were you not.

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but in saying you can't always have the same guy, perhaps he's acknowledging he can't always be it for Phoenix, while also criticizing D'Antoni for being predictible. By making mention of the Spurs, he's saying San Antonio has three players that they rely upon. Not just one.

Maybe I'm naive, or maybe I just like his dig at D'Antoni, but I don't really see a problem here. He's throwing a coach under a bus who needs to be axed. He's adding that other players have value to be added and that going to one player exclusively, whether mismatch or not, isn't smart. That's one of D'Antoni's flaws as a coach. He can't adjust. Hell, even starting Diaw in game three came out of necessity, not the identification of a mismatch.

ambchang
04-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Sounds more like "Coach didn't give me the ball enough" talk though. Though he does word it much better than Shaq usually words it.