PDA

View Full Version : Hack A Shaq isn't good coaching - Phil Jackson

Pages : [1] 2

Jayem
04-30-2008, 04:50 PM
phil was criticizing pop on PTI just now

"i know some will say i've done it too but it was always on the ball fouls not away from the ball..."

reck21
04-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I kind of agreed.

I dont like the hack-a-shaq business. I rather see the Spurs defend then "buying" some points.

nfg3
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
And do we really care what this man says?

SouthernFried
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
phil was criticizing pop on PTI just now

"i know some will say i've done it too but it was always on the ball fouls not away from the ball..."

Well, goddamn Phil...If you'd a just told us the proper way to purposely foul sooner!!

Phil just rules man.

DudleyDawson
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
He's right. While it may be good strategy, it's mainly just fucking tacky, and frustrating to watch as a fan. I'm pretty confident in saying that the forefathers of the game probably didn't have it in mind when they created the game. I feel like we don't need to stoop to that level to be successful. Then again, this is the first time I remember Pop doing it for a sustained period of time, and I doubt we'll see it again. Now, I know 98% of this board would eat Pop's feces if he asked them to, so I don't expect many to agree with me in criticizing his choice to do it.

sa_kid20
04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I can't stand Phillis. I'm so glad the Lakers are good again so we can kick their ass in the Playoffs :hungry:

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Phil is right....

Peja On A Stick
04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Spurs are cheap. Pop is a COWARD, HACK A SHAQ IS A JOKE.

You don't see the Wizards, HACK A BEN WALLACE. He shoots worst than Shaq. Atleast some teams still have respect for the game.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Well, what the hell were we supposed to do? It's not Pop's fault that Shaq is no longer good enough to actually warrant throwing him the ball.

Phenomanul
Phil is a hypocrite....

Fixed...

He used the strategy against Shaq (Chicago vs. Orlando)
He used the strategy against Bowen in 2003 & 2004

midgetonadonkey
Who gives a shit if it's good coaching or not? Winning is all that matters.

And I know I'm repeating what many other have said for years, if Shaq or his coach don't want this tactic employed, teach the fat fuck to hit a free throw.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Not many good things come out of his mouth. He's a guy who takes himself for granted all the time.

Phenomanul
04-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Phil is such an ego centric coach he doesn't want others claiming success for using his strategies...

Phil has never ever ever ever wanted to give the Spurs their due.... he has always publically lambasted, criticized and belittled the Spurs.

koriwhat
04-30-2008, 05:04 PM
SHAQ IS A JOKE.

fixed.

ps: fuck phil. without kobe/mj he'd be nothing.

anjlbitz
04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
It's only good coaching if HE is the one using it. Doesn't matter if it's effective, or not. As long as Col. Sanders does it, it's the only way that it's good coaching.

Geez Pop. Get a clue.

DazedAndConfused
Kick their ass in the playoffs again?

Pop has only beaten Phil Jackson ONCE in the playoffs, and that was when the 3-peat Lakers were at their weakest in terms of a supporting cast. Phil Jackson, OTOH, has beaten Pop 3 times. If there is any ownage going on, it's Phil owning Pop.

I don't expect most Spurs fans to actually agree with what Phil is saying. But deep down I know you are all embarrassed that your coach and organization would have to stoop to such tactic for such a sustained period of time just to get a win.

shaq_h8ter
The Pop hack a Shaq is all about getting into Shaq's head and raising the pressure on him so doesn't have chance to get rolling in the game and less about getting the ball back on offense.

I love how people cry about it now even though I don't remeber any talking about rule changes back when they did it to Timmy.

Go SPURS!
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::flag:

Medvedenko
Just starting his mind games....and Phil did foul when the player actually got the ball in their hands...not off the ball. I may be mistaken but that's what I've seen, which is nothing new as wilt was hacked the same way back in the day.

reck21
04-30-2008, 05:06 PM

You don't see the Wizards, HACK A BEN WALLACE. He shoots worst than Shaq. Atleast some teams still have respect for the game.

The difference there is that both Wizards and Cavaliers are average teams. Those two can fight it out. Kind of like the best of the worse.

Phenomanul
04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Just starting his mind games....and Phil did foul when the player actually got the ball in their hands...not off the ball. I may be mistaken but that's what I've seen, which is nothing new as wilt was hacked the same way back in the day.

Remind me which plays the Spurs run for Bowen where that would actually apply? Phil wouldn't have his team foul Bowen while he was in the act of shooting his corner threes now would he?

Again, Phil is a lying hypocrite. Bowen has always been 'hacked' off the ball.

reck21
04-30-2008, 05:10 PM

Pop has only beaten Phil Jackson ONCE in the playoffs, and that was when the 3-peat Lakers were at their weakest in terms of a supporting cast. Phil Jackson, OTOH, has beaten Pop 3 times. If there is any ownage going on, it's Phil owning Pop.

I don't expect most Spurs fans to actually agree with what Phil is saying. But deep down I know you are all embarrassed that your coach and organization would have to stoop to such tactic for such a sustained period of time just to get a win.

Again the difference then was Shaq and Kobe and oh may I remind you that Rick Fox, Derek Fisher and even our own Robert Horry was part of that team that beat the Spurs all those times.

Lakers at the time had a wayyy more in-depth bench then the Spurs.

Now its a different story. Now they have Kobe and Pau.

Phenomanul
04-30-2008, 05:12 PM

If not for a Fisher miracle they would be tied in playoff series head-to-heads....

CubanMustGo
Selective memory forum.

koriwhat

not embarrassed one bit... we won the series right? that's all that counts. i could care less how.

SpursChampsIII
The Zit Master is a gravy-training punk. Do the people who didn't like Pop's strategy realize that after Mike the Woodchuck had to take Fat O'Neal out of the game, Parker drove to the basket for two layups shortly thereafter? It's called strategy.

ClingingMars
04-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Selective memory forum.

SouthernFried
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Anyone who thinks Phil is right...is an imbecile.

Basketball at the NBA level is all about mental toughness. If your in the NBA, your one of the best players in the world, after that, it's all in the head. Anyone who takes it for more, or less, than what it is...is a fool. The NBA has been about mental toughness since it began.

Everybody plays mind games in the NBA. And every fucking moron that is agreeing with Phil just don't have the common sense God gave a goose.

Cuz Phil is playing those same mind games, right now.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM

Hi Princess Pimp. Didn't take you long. :sleep

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh, but he did when Shaq caught the ball and was about to score, so it's completely justified :rolleyes

Jayem
And do we really care what this man says?well he is the best coach in the nba and we'll probably have to go throw him to reach the finals

Fixed...

He used the strategy against Shaq (Chicago vs. Orlando)
He used the strategy against Bowen in 2003 & 2004yeah thats what he said.. "i used it against shaq in orlando but it was always when he had the ball looking to score. fouling away from the ball isn't good coaching and bad for the game"

DazedAndConfused
If not for a Fisher miracle they would be tied in playoff series head-to-heads....

No it wouldn't. Fisher's shot was in Game 5, which was not the elimination game of that series. The Spurs lost the following game which eliminated them from the playoffs. Next.

ClingingMars
04-30-2008, 05:20 PM
No it wouldn't. Fisher's shot was in Game 5, which was not the elimination game of that series. The Spurs lost the following game which eliminated them from the playoffs. Next.

Come on, don't give us that shit. .4 was a momentum changer and there was no way even the Spurs could pick themselves up after that dagger.

- Mars

Ryvin1
04-30-2008, 05:21 PM
When he used it against Bruce it was AWAY FROM THE BALL..

gmanrulz
04-30-2008, 05:23 PM
y doesnt he keep his dipshit mouth shut. Im sure pop doesnt like many aspects of his coaching too but theres no point to say anything. What does he know. When you can win championships without the greatest 2 players to ever play the game on your team you can talk.

CubanMustGo
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
"Do as I say, not as I did" forum.

ryder004
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
theres no rules against it....YET.
but if i were greg popavich then i would do anything to win as well, including hack a shaq. as of right now it aint cheating, its more of a stratagy

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Someone needs to remind Phil that the Spurs won the series 4-1.

I'd bet a paycheck that Phil will use a similar strategy at some point in a Spurs/LA series should those two matchup. Bowen will be on the floor a lot more against Kobe, and I'd be shocked if Phil doesn't try to send Bowen to the line in an attempt to get the Lakers back into the game.

DazedAndConfused
Like Pop hasn't had transcendent talent to work with???

Tim Duncan - Greatest PF of all time
David Robinson - HOF
Ginobli - HOF
Parker - HOF

Pop has had just as much talent to play with. You don't win in this league without superstar talent, it's very rare that a team like DET who has no superstar wins a championship.

And Mars, you gotta make your breaks in the playoffs. The Suns could say the same thing about Game 1, had it not been for a lucky ass Tim Duncan shot they would have won the 1st game and the momentum would have swung their direction. Don't give me this woulda-coulda-shoulda BS.

The Truth #6
Our strategy for the whole series was to go at Shaq. Get to the rim. Have Tim post him up often to get him in foul trouble. Shaq's presence on the court obviously took the Suns out of their normal superfast style of playing. Hacking Shaq only brought their personality complex to the forefront. And if this strategy can be interpreted by some as fuck you to Shaq, then I'm cool with that too.

To summarize, this strategy amplified their inherent confusion and lack of confidence. We beat them in 5, and though this strategy isn't the #1 reason, I'm not going to start nit-picking the results.

Louie Vega
04-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Phil is right....

Coach Phillis Coattails is fucked...............if the Lakers play the SPurs!:flag:

Phenomanul
04-30-2008, 05:29 PM

After being robbed of the 'swing' game which statistically speaking produces the series winner 86% of the time... (93% when the Game 5 victory is a road steal in a 2-2-1-1-1 format).

The Lakers needed that gimme' from the time-keepers to steal the series. A Game 6 victory for the Spurs at the Staples center ('ala 2003) was almost impossible given the context of the Laker's Game 5 victory (see Lakers in 2003 after losing in such a dramatic fashion against the Spurs in Game 5).

Supergirl
04-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Phil Jackson is just being Phil again - playing head games. The Spurs beat the Suns 4-1 and that including some hacking, so I guess it turned out to be pretty good coaching, hmmm? If they had lost, maybe you could have called it bad.

What people fail to recognize often is that hacking is not simply about seeing whether the person makes their FTs or not - you'll notice Pop continued to do it, at times, regardless of whether Shaq (or Skinner) was making them. It served another, more important purpose: It disrupted the offensive rhythm. Pop was very specific about using the hack-a-Shaq technique whenever the Suns seemed to be surging, or about to surge, because Phoenix's offense thrives on momentum. And I'd say --given the outcome--his plan worked beautifully.

Phenomanul
04-30-2008, 05:31 PM
y doesnt he keep his dipshit mouth shut. Im sure pop doesnt like many aspects of his coaching too but theres no point to say anything. What does he know. When you can win championships without the greatest 2 players to ever play the game on your team you can talk.

Pop addresses these issues with class and wouldn't ever stoop to criticize another coach in the media.

Phil Jackson has always been a classless jerk.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-30-2008, 05:32 PM

And I know I'm repeating what many other have said for years, if Shaq or his coach don't want this tactic employed, teach the fat fuck to hit a free throw.

Completely agree. :tu

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Why would anyone expect Phil to compliment or agree with anything the Spurs do? He's the douche that labeled our '99 championship an "asterisk" (you know, because the Spurs had a clear advantage that year-it's not like every other team in the league had the same opportunity as the Spurs).

Supergirl
04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
After being robbed of the 'swing' game which statistically speaking produces the series winner 86% of the time... (93% when the Game 5 victory is a road steal in a 2-2-1-1-1 format).

The Lakers needed that gimme' from the time-keepers to steal the series. A Game 6 victory for the Spurs at the Staples center ('ala 2003) was almost impossible given the context of the Laker's Game 5 victory (see Lakers in 2003 after losing in such a dramatic fashion against the Spurs in Game 5).

The best team always wins in a 7 game series. If a team can't bounce back from a .4 situation, or a game in which its players are suspended, or an injury, or whatever else, then they aren't the best team in the NBA that year.

Spurs weren't the best team in 2004 and 2006. They were close - damn close - but not the best.

The Suns have been damn close for several years now. But they have never been the best.

Phenomanul
04-30-2008, 05:37 PM
The best team always wins in a 7 game series. If a team can't bounce back from a .4 situation, or a game in which its players are suspended, or an injury, or whatever else, then they aren't the best team in the NBA that year.

Spurs weren't the best team in 2004 and 2006. They were close - damn close - but not the best.

The Suns have been damn close for several years now. But they have never been the best.

I would agree, except for the fact that DazedAndConfuzed is trying to suggest that Phil >>>>>>>>>> Pop. When really I see them as equals...

Jayem
04-30-2008, 05:39 PM
I would agree, except for the fact that DazedAndConfuzed is trying to suggest that Phil >>>>>>>>>> Pop. When really I see them as equals...9 doesn't equal 3 1/2

camarosuper6
04-30-2008, 05:40 PM

Embarrassed.

No.

If anyone should be embarrassed it should be Shaquille for never have improving his free throw shooting over a 13 year span.

The way I see it, is that we are giving someone two FREE baskets.

Strategy and winning has nothing to do with what is enjoyable to watch.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 05:43 PM
I would agree, except for the fact that DazedAndConfuzed is trying to suggest that Phil >>>>>>>>>> Pop. When really I see them as equals...

Phil has a better Win% in reg season and playoffs
Phil has the most wins than anyone else in the playoffs.
Phil has the head to head edge
Phil has more rings and is tied for most all time

Does that mean Pop is not a great coach, nope, but not on Phil's level.

It's like Kobe compared to Jordan

Ronaldo McDonald
04-30-2008, 05:44 PM

Phil was lucky.

Never played a team with an all-star level Tony Parker and Ginobili during his threepeat.

jcrod
04-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Why do you seem suprised PJ said something negative about the Spurs/Pop. He's always trying to make them look bad.

Think about it, he hates the Spurs and/or Pop. Everybody is always raving about the best run organization that starts with Pop. He has Head Coaches, assistants and GM's all over the league that are directly related to Pop/Spurs. He's freaking hates that.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Phil was lucky.

Never played a team with an all-star level Tony Parker and Ginobili.

No he played on a team with an all star level Stockton/Malone...

Oh and Gino and Tony are going to need to play at that level against the hornets.

Pero
04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Mind games... It was good coaching.

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Pop addresses these issues with class and wouldn't ever stoop to criticize another coach in the media.

Phil Jackson has always been a classless jerk.

He may not criticize other coaches in the media, but he certainly has no problem trashing GM's and other teams as a whole.

"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension," Popovich told SI.com. "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade."

Pero
04-30-2008, 05:48 PM

Huh?

Ronaldo McDonald
04-30-2008, 05:48 PM

Oh and Gino and Tony are going to need to play at that level against the hornets.

Phil's legacy can certainly be attributed to not having to face as talented a Spurs team as it is now.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM

I would wish you actually think a little before posting anything.

I don't agree with Phil because of what he said: "i know some will say i've done it too but it was always on the ball fouls not away from the ball..."

What's the fucking difference????? you wait until the big guy has the ball under the rim and hit him hard so he can't score. Then it becomes 2 FTs.

So essentially it's exactly the same - just trying to fly under the radar.

If there's a coach who has an ego bigger than himself thats Phil Jackson. Only has been able to win anything with big time players in his teams. That's all. He talks too much and he takes himself for granted 9 out of 10 times.

Pero
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
He may not criticize other coaches in the media, but he certainly has no problem trashing GM's and other teams as a whole.

"What they did in Memphis is beyond comprehension," Popovich told SI.com. "There should be a trade committee that can scratch all trades that make no sense. I just wish I had been on a trade committee that oversees NBA trades. I would have voted no to the L.A. trade."

He's stating the obvious and what everyone else thinks. And this is one case only. Phil is an asshole all the time.

rAm
04-30-2008, 05:54 PM

Are you saying the Heat were the best team in 06? Laugh.

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Phil's legacy can certainly be attributed to not having to face as talented a Spurs team as it is now.

Lay off the crackpipe Biff.

2000 WCF against the Portland Trailblazers

Arvydas Sabonis C
Rasheed Wallace PF
Scottie Pippen SF
Steve Smith SG
Damon Stoudamire PG

Jermaine O'Neal C
Brian Grant PF
Detlef Schrempf SF
Bonzi Wells SG
Greg Anthony PG

2002 WCF against the Sacramento Kings

Vlade Divac C
Chris Webber PF
Predrag Stojakovic SF
Doug Christie SG
Mike Bibby PG

Scot Pollard F - C
Lawrence Funderburke PF
Hidayet Turkoglu SF
Gerald Wallace SF
Bobby Jackson PG

peacemaker885
04-30-2008, 05:55 PM
He can pretty much say anything...he's rich...he's got the rings..he has the boss's daughter..

Having said that, F u Phil. I can say whatever I want too.

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Spurs fan is jealous of Phil Jackson. They wish their coach wasn't an ugly acne ridden control freak with zero personality.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-30-2008, 05:57 PM

Arvydas Sabonis C
Rasheed Wallace PF
Scottie Pippen SF
Steve Smith SG
Damon Stoudamire PG

Jermaine O'Neal C
Brian Grant PF
Detlef Schrempf SF
Bonzi Wells SG
Greg Anthony PG

Vlade Divac C
Chris Webber PF
Predrag Stojakovic SF
Doug Christie SG
Mike Bibby PG

Scot Pollard F - C
Lawrence Funderburke PF
Hidayet Turkoglu SF
Gerald Wallace SF
Bobby Jackson PG

Yea, you just proved my point.

Not one of those teams are as good as us, which is exactly why they won nothing. Nada. Zip.

Pero
04-30-2008, 05:58 PM

Refs won that for you. :lol

They wish their coach wasn't an ugly acne ridden control freak with zero personality.

If being an asshole is considered personality then I'm glad Pop doesn't have one. :lol

Borosai
04-30-2008, 06:00 PM
It's all about gamesmanship. Pop likes to do it on the court (including intentionally fouling a shitty free throw shooter) and Phil likes to do it off the court. Nothing new, and Phil's strategy is not better or holier than Pop's: it's all a game.

Bartleby
04-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Coaches who comment (negatively) on the coaching performances of their colleagues show a tremendous lack of class and respect. But I guess that doesn't really matter to Lakers fans since they focus on the really important things, like the way a coach looks or whether or not he has "personality."

Pero
04-30-2008, 06:02 PM
But I guess that doesn't really matter to Lakers fans since they focus on the really important things, like the way a coach looks or whether or not he has "personality."

Well, in their defense, it's LA after all. :lol

ducks
04-30-2008, 06:03 PM

It's like Kobe compared to Jordan:sleep:sleep:sleep

ducks
04-30-2008, 06:03 PM

mj was greater then stockton and malone combined

rAm
04-30-2008, 06:05 PM

Arvydas Sabonis C
Rasheed Wallace PF
Scottie Pippen SF
Steve Smith SG
Damon Stoudamire PG

Jermaine O'Neal C
Brian Grant PF
Detlef Schrempf SF
Bonzi Wells SG
Greg Anthony PG

Vlade Divac C
Chris Webber PF
Predrag Stojakovic SF
Doug Christie SG
Mike Bibby PG

Scot Pollard F - C
Lawrence Funderburke PF
Hidayet Turkoglu SF
Gerald Wallace SF
Bobby Jackson PG

Those are your best examples?? :lmao

I have met Pop several times, and he is a genuine nice man, and always makes me and everyone around him laugh.

I guess it all depends on where you are coming from, but I bet if you approached Phil he would laugh at you, and bitch you out for trying to talk to him.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 06:09 PM

I don't think the Spurs did it just to get a win. I think they did it to embarass a classless opponent, and I love it. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of losers.

On a mildly unrelated note, the best quote from Phil Jackson happened today.

Tony K: When Mitch Kupchak came to you and said "I can get Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown," What did you say to that?

Phil: "No, you can't."

:lol

camarosuper6
04-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Opinions are like a$$holes.

Everybody has one, and they all stink.

Even Phil Jackson.

Really though, its all a matter of opinion. It always makes me chuckle to see how hyped and aggrivated people around the league/fans get anytime phil jackson says anything regarding the Spurs.

Who CARES.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh and for the record. The spurs team is better than the Laker team this year. However, Phil is the better coach.

Pero
04-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh and for the record. The spurs team is better than the Laker team this year.

That remains to be seen. :lol

However, Phil is the better coach.

Possibly.

Phil Hellmuth
04-30-2008, 06:15 PM
"YOU PLAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOO WINNNNNNN THE GAMEEEEEEEE...

HELLLLLLLLLOOOOO...

YOUUUUUUUUU PLAY TOOOO WIN THEEE GAME..."

- Herm Edwards

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

the fvck what KFC man has to say.

Obstructed_View
Oh and for the record. The spurs team is better than the Laker team this year. However, Phil is the better coach.
Every coach in the NBA is overrated. Phil included.

Phenomanul

That one is the only one Pop has any sayso in... And what I'm saying is that it required a miracle for the head to head not to be 2-2.

But that's right... Phil Jackson is a lying jerk... he does have that going for him as well.

SPARKY
04-30-2008, 06:16 PM
ROFL. He always talks shit when he's afraid.

Louie Vega

They don't call him Coach Coattails for nothin!

Louie Vega

Exactly! They won't make it past Utah though!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-30-2008, 06:17 PM
It's the playoffs. You do what you can to win. It's the other team's job to adapt. Phoenix could have adapted by taking Shaq out of the game or teaching him how to shoot free throws.

Who gives a damn what Phil Jackson said? Spurs win it all and no one will remember Hackashaq 5 or even 10 years from except pissy Suns fans, they'll only remember the Spurs repeated in 2008 and won their fifth ring in ten years.

When will people learn to just ignore Phil Jackson? The only time he talks shit about other teams and coaches is when he's afraid of them and feels he needs to start playing mind games.

camarosuper6
04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Spurs fan is jealous of Phil Jackson. They wish their coach wasn't an ugly acne ridden control freak with zero personality.

I think Phil is a great coach, one of the best ever, no doubt.

BUT.

Even I could coach Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen to a couple of titles.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Maybe phil should start a committe regarding the hack a shaq.......

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 06:19 PM

He tweaks teams that he feels threatened by. How they and their fans respond to it is very telling.

BonnerDynasty
04-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Phil always talks shit about Pop.

Fuck him. Just make it to the WCF and Spurs will try to do the same.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Even I could coach Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen to a couple of titles.

No, you couldn't.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Phil always talks shit about Pop.

Fuck him. Just make it to the WCF and Spurs will try to do the same.

Here, here....

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 06:21 PM
^:lol

Phil is better than Pop. He's not lightyears ahead of Pop but he is a better coach. He's better at figuring out a team's weakness and exploiting it and he's quicker to make adjustments in a series (Pop is good at in game adjustments). I do think Phil has had better overall talent than Pop has had with the Spurs, but even then, he won 3 in a row THREE SEPARATE TIMES. That is an unbelievably hard task. Pop is a HOF coach just as Phil is but unfortunately I would have to think Phil is a better coach than Pop.

Phenomanul
04-30-2008, 06:23 PM

You certainly don't understand the concept of collusion. Not only does it break the CBA's rules, it is a form of fraud - a crime.

The Lakers raped the league to snatch a legit all-star in Pau Gasol for scrubs. Your analogy is invalidated by that context.

Obstructed_View
04-30-2008, 06:26 PM
^:lol

Phil is better than Pop. He's not lightyears ahead of Pop but he is a better coach. He's better at figuring out a team's weakness and exploiting it and he's quicker to make adjustments in a series (Pop is good at in game adjustments). I do think Phil has had better overall talent than Pop has had with the Spurs, but even then, he won 3 in a row THREE SEPARATE TIMES. That is an unbelievably hard task. Pop is a HOF coach just as Phil is but unfortunately I would have to think Phil is a better coach than Pop.

If the year that they threw those double teams at Timmy in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter to fuck him up, as well as the series against the big 4 weren't enough to make me think Pop's looking up at Phil, then Pop's complete fuckup of the 2006 season was.

camarosuper6
04-30-2008, 06:27 PM
No, you couldn't.

Yes I could.

And Im only HALF kidding.

rAm
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM

rofl

Armando
04-30-2008, 06:32 PM
I am missing something? I get the feeling PJ has no love lost for Pop.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 06:40 PM
If the spurs and the lakers meet in the WCF....I'm sure "Laker God" will be back.....than all shit will hit the fan.

Bartleby
04-30-2008, 06:43 PM
What is becoming annoying is to see Parker and Manu flop on every single goddam play. Its one thing to flop on offense and try to draw a charge. You atleast have to make it look real, but these two fags flop while have the ball. I mean every single time. I cant wait to knock these fags out of the playoffs.

This belongs in the premature ejaculation/repressed homosexual Laker troll forum.

Phil Hellmuth
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Well Shaq should learn to shoot free throws, or better yet, find a back up center, Suns. What is becoming annoying is to see Parker and Manu flop on every single goddam play. Its one thing to flop on offense and try to draw a charge. You atleast have to make it look real, but these two fags flop while have the ball. I mean every single time. I cant wait to knock these fags out of the playoffs.

tell derek fisher to do the same.

Medvedenko
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
This belongs in the premature ejaculation/repressed homosexual Laker troll forum.

You belong in the under 20 post forum that has issues with gender.

Bartleby
04-30-2008, 06:49 PM
You belong in the under 20 post forum that has issues with gender.

Yeah, whatever. I just think the whole "fag this" and "fag that" is somewhat juvenile.

camarosuper6
04-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, whatever. I just think the whole "fag this" and "fag that" is somewhat juvenile.

agreed

reminds me of a bunch of angry teenagers banging away at their computer between rounds of the latest online RPG.

diego
04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
i love how the smack talking laker fans wont even address pjax fouling bowen off the ball. you could at least attempt to refute the claim guys.

raspsa
04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Its the military man in Pop. Capitalize and exploit your enemy's weakness. This was a war and ultimately the victory is all that matters. Also, I think Manu is hurt more than they let on. He couldn't let this series go any further. Jackson just has a big mouth.

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
If the year that they threw those double teams at Timmy in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter to fuck him up, as well as the series against the big 4 weren't enough to make me think Pop's looking up at Phil, then Pop's complete fuckup of the 2006 season was.

:tu

DespЏrado
04-30-2008, 07:08 PM
And so it begins...Pop and Phil are going to get another chance at their rivalry, and it should be fun to watch.

But about this:
1) Phil is lying to say he always fouled on the ball...hack a bowen was used when he didn't have the ball.

2) The hack a shaq strategy was effective, smart, ugly, and weak all at the same time. I think it weakens the Spurs over the long haul for a short term gain, that won't be available in the later rounds. The Spurs face a real risk of losing their ability to close out teams at the end of the first half if they hesitate for even a moment expecting to rely on hack a shaq.

3) Phil has had more time and been blessed with better teams than Pop to know what they would have done in the other's position. But I would think that they are both good enough to have nearly the exact same accomplishments in the other's shoes.

4) Phil would probably be the only coach I would take over Pop, because Pop is slow to react at times when his team needs to react, but you can't argue that Pop is the best damn systems approach guy in the league. Pop puts his team in the position to win every year, and leaves it up to the players to get them over the hump. His system and structure are what make this team so damn flawless, and you can't really argue with the results.

5) The Spurs are going to take the Lakers out next round without fail, and it's going to be fun to watch.

lefty
04-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Phil doesn't care about the hack-a-Snaq

He is just trying to get in our heads.

urunobili
04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
1) i knew he would say something like this
2) he hates that we dismantled PHX in 5 when he was unable to, on 2 consecutive 1st rounds against them
3) he is starting the mental games just in case we meet in the WCF

cherylsteele
04-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Like Pop hasn't had transcendent talent to work with???

Tim Duncan - Greatest PF of all time
David Robinson - HOF
Ginobli - HOF
Parker - HOF

Pop has had just as much talent to play with. You don't win in this league without superstar talent, it's very rare that a team like DET who has no superstar wins a championship.

And Mars, you gotta make your breaks in the playoffs. The Suns could say the same thing about Game 1, had it not been for a lucky ass Tim Duncan shot they would have won the 1st game and the momentum would have swung their direction. Don't give me this woulda-coulda-shoulda BS.
Those 4 players only played together for a short time. Parker and Manu came on board some 5-6 yrs after Pop became coach.

Agloco
04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

What makes you think that the Spurs wouldn't have won without the strategy? Gimmie a break......

SpurOutofTownFan
04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I have no respect for Phil and I can challenge anyone on this. And if you are going to challenge me now, you can go fuck yourself first because I don't give a shit about what you might think about this dude so fuck off already.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Phil respects one person and one person only, himself. He is an egomaniac and a jerk, nothing he says shocks me. He basically wants an asterisk on every title he has not won.

Capt Bringdown
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
I was very happy to see Pop go with Hack a Shaq. It was a creative, bold risk that paid off with us winning the series - that's the bottom line.

When teams compete, they attack each other's weaknesses. FT shooting is part of the game - if a team can't compete with their FT shooting skills, then they'll have a diminished chance of winning. It's the same when teams can't compete with their FG shooting, rebounding, defense, or any other aspect of the game.

Shaq can't hit FTs and the Spurs punished him for it.

I've noticed that Kobe likes to punish teams who can't defend his drives, dunks, 3 pt shooting etc. He's just attacking the other team's weaknesses, just as the Spurs attacked Shaq's FT weakness in the last series. Hey Laker fanboys, should we implement rule changes to stop Kobe from attacking the opposition's defensive weaknesses?

DAF86
04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
It worked pretty good for us so Gayckson needs to shut the fuck up.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Again, Phil is a lying hypocrite.

Makes him the perfect LA coach.

Avitus1
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
I remember Hack-A-Bowen.... many times he didn't have the ball.

DespЏrado
04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
It worked pretty good for us so Gayckson needs to shut the fuck up.

Gayckson??? :lol:lol No really Gayckson?

I mean that doesn't really work. it just doesn't flow off the tongue like a good insult should.

I mean Fagson would have at least a little more punch to it. But using gay as a derogatory term is just lame in general. Stick with Col Sander's until you can come up with something a little more creative. :toast

21GoSpursGo9
04-30-2008, 08:16 PM
:lol:lol I love Phil Jackson. One thing I have missed is Phil's jabbing at the Spurs. That really got this rivalry with the Lakers going. Phil loves playing mindgames so people shouldnt really take this guy seriously. If you do, then he achieved his goal. Phil respects the Spurs and gives them their credit when it is due.

GSH
04-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Jackson also said our first championship didn't count because he wasn't coaching a team at the time.

21GoSpursGo9
04-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Jackson also said our first championship didn't count because he wasn't coaching a team at the time.

Another mindgame by the Zen Master. I thought it didnt count because it wasnt a full 82 game season? :lmao It was one of those comments

JMarkJohns
04-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Maybe it's already been said, but I don't recall Phil saying it wasn't good coaching. He said it surprised him that Pop did it. He said he didn't like it. He explained why, the instances and context with which he used similar and how the tactic affected the Suns, but I never heard him say it was bad coaching.

Maybe I missed it?

Kyle45
04-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Phil lets the inmates run the asylum. There's no question he's a great coach, having developed the Triangle to best utilize Jordan in Chicago without making him just create shots the way Doug Collins had. All the credit goes to Phil for maximizing everything Chicago could be, and for getting two of the biggest egomaniacs in NBA history to play nice long enough for a three-peat.

That said, the only thing resembling the Phil of old is his obnoxious mouth. The reason he's not retired now is Wifey.

The inmates run the asylum because he's going through the motions. He's a coach who couldn't accomplish shit with the best player in the NBA until the GM traded garbage for an All-Star -- which was able to occur because that joke of a franchise in Memphis wants to move again and purposely put together the worst team it could.

DAF86
04-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Gayckson??? :lol:lol No really Gayckson?

I mean that doesn't really work. it just doesn't flow off the tongue like a good insult should.

I mean Fagson would have at least a little more punch to it. But using gay as a derogatory term is just lame in general. Stick with Col Sander's until you can come up with something a little more creative. :toast

I knew somebody was going to point that out.

I like to call Jackson that way 'cause I hate him and I like to mispronunce the word gay 'cause I found it funny (I'm not asking you to do the same). Anyway I agree that using the word gay as a derogatory term is lame but Phil's so stupid that he'd find it ofensive (I know he won't read this anyway but I don't care).

What do you think 'bout Suckson?

NRHector
it was just a matter of time that fucker was going to open his big mouth all his trying to do is work the ref and the media because he knows how to do that, just like Shaq did after game one and all Phil is trying do is get the atmosphere ready because he knows that we are going to meet in the conference finals:ihit

21GoSpursGo9
Phil lets the inmates run the asylum. There's no question he's a great coach, having developed the Triangle to best utilize Jordan in Chicago without making him just create shots the way Doug Collins had. All the credit goes to Phil for maximizing everything Chicago could be, and for getting two of the biggest egomaniacs in NBA history to play nice long enough for a three-peat.

That said, the only thing resembling the Phil of old is his obnoxious mouth. The reason he's not retired now is Wifey.

The inmates run the asylum because he's going through the motions. He's a coach who couldn't accomplish shit with the best player in the NBA until the GM traded garbage for an All-Star -- which was able to occur because that joke of a franchise in Memphis wants to move again and purposely put together the worst team it could.

All coaches need to have a superstar, around 1-2 sidekicks, and a good supporting cast to win in this league. No matter how great they are, they need that to win. Nothing wrong with that.

Kyle45
04-30-2008, 08:32 PM
All coaches need to have a superstar, around 1-2 sidekicks, and a good supporting cast to win in this league. No matter how great they are, they need that to win. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't disagree at all. The Lakers did have solid role players though, namely Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, but neither seemed to be used as anything but parsely, and not the potatoes to the Kobe steak '05-'07. My point bringing up the Gasol trade was that the Lakers are a very good team (obviously), but this season isn't an example of Phil Jackson: Master Coach. It's the same reason I feel Chris Paul is more worthy of MVP than Kobe:of course you're going to excel when you give up a lazy piece of garbage and get an All-Star in return.

DespЏrado
04-30-2008, 08:32 PM
I knew somebody was going to point that out.

I like to call Jackson that way 'cause I hate him and I like to mispronunce the word gay 'cause I found it funny (I'm not asking you to do the same). Anyway I agree that using the word gay as a derogatory term is lame but Phil's so stupid that he'd find it ofensive (I know he won't read this anyway but I don't care).

What do you think 'bout Suckson?

Good times. :lol

Keep 'em coming I was just laughing about how bad Gayckson was...So bad it was funny.

DAF86
04-30-2008, 08:33 PM

Which was the superstar in the Pistons team of 04?

21GoSpursGo9
04-30-2008, 08:59 PM

The amazing balance of their starting 5 is the closest thing I can say on that team. The 60 or so years the league has been alive, the superstar factor has been proven right about 98-99% of the time. 2004 doesnt change that.

If you had a gun to my head and forced me to name the closest superstar on that team, Id say Billups and at some points Sheed. Overall the balance is my ultimate answer though.

21GoSpursGo9
04-30-2008, 09:01 PM

On a side note, your flag says your from Argentina. What part are you from? I have a good friend of mine studying abroad in Buenos Aires.

kingmalaki
04-30-2008, 09:55 PM

He didn't develop the traingle. That is all Tex Winter.

Phil is great at winning when he has the most talent, and losing when he doesn't....just like every other coach.

Banzai
04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
fixed.

ps: fuck phil. without kobe/mj he'd be nothing.

what if GP didn't have Duncan?

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Newsflash Spurs fan, YOU NEED TALENT TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. In fact, you don't just need talent.......you need SUPERSTAR TALENT.

David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen.......these are not fucking scrubs you dumbshit hokeys.

m33p0
04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
it worked. stfu, you cunt.

slayermin
04-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Newsflash Spurs fan, YOU NEED TALENT TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. In fact, you don't just need talent.......you need SUPERSTAR TALENT.

David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen.......these are not fucking scrubs you dumbshit hokeys.

You'd better be here if and when the Spurs and Lakers play.

Kyle45
04-30-2008, 10:29 PM

At least you're rational. :rolleyes

Of course you need talent to win. I think that's the whole point. Phil runs his mouth more than most of the players he's coached, save Kobe and Shaq, as if it's him winning the games and NOT the talent on the floor. He and Pat Riley are the only coaches I can think of who put themselves at the forefront in such a manner.

peskypesky
04-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Phil Jackson is a douche. He's as classless as Shaq.

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 10:58 PM
At least you're rational. :rolleyes

Of course you need talent to win. I think that's the whole point. Phil runs his mouth more than most of the players he's coached, save Kobe and Shaq, as if it's him winning the games and NOT the talent on the floor. He and Pat Riley are the only coaches I can think of who put themselves at the forefront in such a manner.

Really? Prove it. Just because you say something about Phil Jackson doesn't make it true. I've noticed Spurs fan likes to do that a lot on this board without backing up what they say.

Not saying it isn't true, but I"d like to see some proof because from what I can remember Phil has been pretty tame since he came to LA. Maybe in his CHI days he was a different man, but he's been all zen every since he started coaching the Lakers.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Really? Prove it. Just because you say something about Phil Jackson doesn't make it true. I've noticed Spurs fan likes to do that a lot on this board without backing up what they say.

yes because all Spurs fans act and think the same. :rolleyes

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:06 PM
He's right. While it may be good strategy, it's mainly just fucking tacky, and frustrating to watch as a fan. I'm pretty confident in saying that the forefathers of the game probably didn't have it in mind when they created the game. I feel like we don't need to stoop to that level to be successful. Then again, this is the first time I remember Pop doing it for a sustained period of time, and I doubt we'll see it again. Now, I know 98% of this board would eat Pop's feces if he asked them to, so I don't expect many to agree with me in criticizing his choice to do it.

Spurs fan. You can't have it both ways. You want the Spurs to win. When they win, with the strategy you do not seem to approve, you pout. You grumble. You side with the dark side, Phil Jackson! :bang :bang :bang

If you want to coach, get your ass on the sideline. Get a life! Enjoy the game.

Kyle45
04-30-2008, 11:08 PM

Not saying it isn't true, but I"d like to see some proof because from what I can remember Phil has been pretty tame since he came to LA. Maybe in his CHI days he was a different man, but he's been all zen every since he started coaching the Lakers.

http://i43.tower.com/mm/1005/100570997.jpg

All zen. Proof enough?

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Phil Jackson is a douche. He's as classless as Shaq.

He of the "asterisks"...:toast

K-State Spur
04-30-2008, 11:13 PM
what if GP didn't have Duncan?

Pop would be the first to admit that he wouldn't have any rings without Duncan.

As opposed to Phil who can barely fit his ego into the Staples.

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Pop would be the first to admit that he wouldn't have any rings without Duncan. As opposed to Phil who can barely fit his ego into the Staples. :toast :toast :toast

Very true.

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Phil has every right to think he is the shit because he IS the shit.

9 motherfucking championship rings, 3 MOTHERFUCKING 3-PEATS. He's taken two completely different teams to the promise land, which is more than you can say for Pop who has been riding on the coattails of Duncan ever since they drafted him.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM

9 motherfucking championship rings, 3 MOTHERFUCKING 3-PEATS. He's taken two completely different teams to the promise land, which is more than you can say for Pop who has been riding on the coattails of Duncan ever since they drafted him.

Ok, you can't have it both ways. Pop coattails on a hall of famer but Jackson doesn't? Its the same thing. All championship coaches have the benefit of superstars but its how they handle those stars that separate them from those who don't win. LA had the same cast of characters in 99 when they got swept as they did in 2000 when they won. Have Jackson and Popovich benefited for the players around them? Absolutely. Have they done superior coaching jobs with those players? Absolutely.

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:30 PM

Aha...how fast you forget. 6 of nine comes courtesy of Mr. MJ. A more adept will be to compare MJ's 6 rings vs Pop/TD's 4 rings and counting. We'll see.

Another think: just because you have rings on all your fingers, you can still play nice. And that is what Pop is all about. Playing nice and admit that he is ready to bolt when DUncan retires. Will Phil say the same thing? Yes, when the hell freezes over. Phil got too much shit in his head to admit what Pop readily did.

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:32 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao @ at all these stupid spurs fans getting their panties in a bunch.

Pop better than Phil :wtf
.04 only reason you lost against the Lakers :wtf
spurs deserve 3 more trophies :lol:lol

I thought Cali had the best chronic, but it looks like everybody in S.A. is high as a kite.

Get used to it spurs fans, this is a Laker world and spurs fans are nothing but second class citizens. Phil will prove again why the Lakers are the best Franchise in all of sports.

14 :lobt2:'s already with #15 on the way.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao @ at all these stupid spurs fans getting their panties in a bunch.

I thought Cali had the best chronic, but it looks like everybody in S.A. is high as a kite.

Get used to it spurs fans, this is a Laker world and spurs fans are nothing but second class citizens. Phil will prove again why the Lakers are the best Franchise in all of sports.

Saying Phil Jackson is a good coach is having my "panties in a bunch"?

um...ok.

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Ok, you can't have it both ways. Pop coattails on a hall of famer but Jackson doesn't? Its the same thing. All championship coaches have the benefit of superstars but its how they handle those stars that separate them from those who don't win. LA had the same cast of characters in 99 when they got swept as they did in 2000 when they won. Have Jackson and Popovich benefited for the players around them? Absolutely. Have they done superior coaching jobs with those players? Absolutely.

:wtf :wtf He pointed out that Pop had great talent as well because for whatever reason spur fans think PJ is the only coach that's ever had talent.

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:36 PM

Phoenix Suns said the same thing over and over. They are the better team and what not. What do they get in return? A good old fashion spanking!

Let's get too carried away. We have our hands full with the Hornets. And you better pray that Houston beats Jazz. Pau is too soft to handle Carlos.

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Saying Phil Jackson is a hall of fame coach is having my "panties in a bunch"?

um...ok.

If the shoe (or panties) don't fit, don't wear 'em.

Brutalis
04-30-2008, 11:37 PM

Pincess Pimp is back bitches

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:38 PM
:wtf :wtf He pointed out that Pop had great talent as well because for whatever reason spur fans think PJ is the only coach that's ever had talent.

yes because ALL Spurs fans think alike. :rolleyes

He was implying that Duncan was the only reason for Pop's success which is wrong, just as implying the only reason for Jackson's success is his players is wrong.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Phil Jackson is one smarmy bastard.

he always has something to say :lol
He'll never change!

samikeyp
If the shoe (or panties) don't fit, don't wear 'em.

That is my point. I wasn't, I was actually agreeing with D&C that Jackson was a good coach.

Purple & Gold
Phoenix Suns said the same thing over and over. They are the better team and what not. What do they get in return? A good old fashion spanking!

Let's get too carried away. We have our hands full with the Hornets. And you better pray that Houston beats Jazz. Pau is too soft to handle Carlos.

Comparing the Lakers to the suns. COMICAL. You might wanna look up at the rafters at the Staples Center. Now compare that to the suns arena.

Jazz will get slaughtered. Only a spur or jazz fan would think they have a chance. And classic how you call Pau soft, but make no mention of Boozer's D.

Kyle45
04-30-2008, 11:40 PM
That's an awfully broad brush you're painting with there, Purple & Gold. The criticisms of Jackson these last few pages have had nothing to do with his coaching abilities. In fact, pretty much everyone has lavished praised on him -- mostly Spurs fans, to boot. Rightfully so, he's obviously a great coach. But he hasn't conducted himself with class, that's my argument.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Pincess Pimp is back bitches

So the Louis guy is into dudes?

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
That is my point. I wasn't, I was actually agreeing with D&C that Jackson was a good coach.

Well then it wasn't addressed to you. There's many spurs fans here, where the "panties" fit.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Well then it wasn't addressed to you. There's many spurs fans here, where the "panties" fit.

yes but you didn't say many, you implied all. My point is that all Spurs fans do not think alike and to think they do is ignorance as some who visit here do. If you are smarter than that which apparently you are, then :toast

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:44 PM
That's an awfully broad brush you're painting with there, Purple & Gold. The criticisms of Jackson these last few pages have had nothing to do with his coaching abilities. In fact, pretty much everyone has lavished praised on him -- mostly Spurs fans, to boot. Rightfully so, he's obviously a great coach. But he hasn't conducted himself with class, that's my argument.

:rolleyes:rolleyes Ohhh I forgot how classy Pop is. Trade committee comes to mind. Especially after the way you guys got Duncan and even have Dallas footing Finley's bill.

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:45 PM

Very well put Kyle. This is exactly what I am thinking!!!!
Aside from his great coaching, Phil is no more than a flip-flopping "Kobe is not coachable" kind of a person.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:46 PM
:rolleyes:rolleyes Ohhh I forgot how classy Pop is. Trade committee comes to mind. Especially after the way you guys got Duncan and even have Dallas footing Finley's bill.

Hey, don't blame Pop for Cuban being a dumbass! :)

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:46 PM
yes but you didn't say many, you implied all. My point is that all Spurs fans do not think alike and to think they do is ignorance as some who visit here do.

Semantics. Do you really think I believe every spur fan shares one brain. I know sometime it seems like they do, but trust me I know you guys don't. And if you didn't get your panties in a bunch, then it doesn't apply to you.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:47 PM

You guys? Sorry, im not in the Spurs organization. I wish I was....then I wouldn't live in the arctic! :lol

Duncan was acquired in the draft, which last I checked was perfectly legal.

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:48 PM

You guys get a great hesit on Pau and that naturally breeds jealousy, inlcuding Pop. Even a class act can be jealous, no?

It is not Spurs fault that Cuban wants to fit the bill. No?

Think before you talk Purple & Gold.

Kyle45
04-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Uh, Dallas is footing the bill because Mark Cuban is the one who opted to sign Finley to such ungodly money. That's a beef with the league, not Gregg Popovich. Don't pull a hamstring on that stretch. And the way you guys got Duncan? By winning the draft lottery? Elliott and Robinson were injured that season, and the Spurs still didn't have the worst record -- that'd be Boston.

As for the trade committee, well...Memphis is trying to move (again), and a good way to keep fans away from FedEx was to trade its best player for one of the biggest buckets in league history. Was Pop right? That's debatable. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but hit me back when he starts trashing other coaches' gameplans and writing books that trash his players.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Semantics. Do you really think I believe every spur fan shares one brain. I know sometime it seems like they do, but trust me I know you guys don't. And if you didn't get your panties in a bunch, then it doesn't apply to you.

That was my point. There is no way to know what one is thinking strictly by reading typed words. That is why I sought clarification.

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM

Well if you are not a stupid spur fan with your panties in a bunch, then it wasn't addressed to you. :toast

Brutalis
04-30-2008, 11:50 PM

Out of curiosity how many of those trophies have you seen in your own fan era with the Lakers?

Every team has it's homers but mostly the homers come from the standpoint of LA being .. Los Angeles. Big time and marketable. You speak from some place as if where you are doesn't matter. Look at recent championship teams and tell me the worst market of them all? We're going back a ways right.. other than San Antonio.
Players will play for whats rich and gold and that's LA and the Lakers. They have traditionally had success at obtaining talent and keeping it. Nobody is taking anything away from that.

It comes down to mainly the little guys tired of being stepped on. We have been making a big splash since Robinson came aboard and regardless of records since then and accomplishments by both franchises the Lakers fans as well as players and even a coach publicly discredit the Spurs and as if that isn't enough some fans start throwing the history report at us like we don't know.

Again, nobody can say the Lakers aren't the shit of a franchise. Given your status you have one overwhelming number of dumb asses talking shit constantly and mumbling on about world dominance and 3 reasons why this is the way it is. Nobody gives a fuck when you do it either.

Moving on, ... you got yours, and we got ours. Respect it or you will get more and you get to watch. You carry a 1 seed out of a brutal conference this season, as if your trade and status is elite and untouchable. Your record since and accomplishments to the point of the beginning of the 2nd round is admirable..

But we are the NBA Champions. The Lakers might be every 'experts' pick, and every line in Vegas can turn up purple and gold, but among NBA fans and players in the league as well as coaches and owners, LA will be the ones fighting an uphill battle.

Not talking shit, just stating the facts.

Purple & Gold
That was my point. There is no way to know what one is thinking strictly by reading typed words. That is why I sought clarification.

Well I'm glad things are clear now :king

Kyle45
Well if you are not a stupid spur fan with your panties in a bunch, then it wasn't addressed to you. :toast

Fair enough. Best of luck against the Jazz.

samikeyp
Well I'm glad things are clear now

me too. :toast

Purple & Gold
04-30-2008, 11:51 PM
You guys? Sorry, im not in the Spurs organization. I wish I was....then I wouldn't live in the arctic! :lol

Duncan was acquired in the draft, which last I checked was perfectly legal.

Legal yes. But tanking games for a draft pick. :nope:nope

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 11:51 PM
None of which involved collusion with another team.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 11:52 PM

proof, please.

SRJ
04-30-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying that the forefathers of the game probably didn't have Hack-A-Shaq in mind when they created the game.

DR. JAMES NAISMITH: Gentlemen! We are convened here to-day so that we may now forge the path our beloved pastime shall e'er follow.

PHOG ALLEN: Indeed, Doctor. We should see to it that the doings on the floor shall not be run afoul by the very butchers who have sullied the likes of Foot-ball and Fisticuffs.

AMOS ALONZO STAGG: A fine sentiment, Allen. Let's begin with Mr. Rupp. What sort of base element shall we keep out of our game?

ADOLPH RUPP: Negroes.

NAISMITH: Get the fuck out of here, you asshole. Now, what say you, Stagg?

STAGG: Just suppose - let us say a player were to be fouled and perhaps was not skilled at the practice of "Free Throws". Why, a very scoundrel might catch on to the notion of fouling him again and again! Do we want that?

ALLEN: Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh, Stagg, you are rich!

NAISMITH: Ha! Ha! Ha! Indeed, Stagg! The "Free Throw", why, 'tis nought but a stationary hurl just five yards from the peach basket! What imbecile could not succeed at the practice?

ALLEN: The very idea, Stagg!

STAGG: Ha! Ha! Ha! Of course, 'twas a mere jest on my part!

NAISMITH: You devilish rascal, you!

Brutalis
04-30-2008, 11:55 PM
^ I felt really gay reading that as it is wrote in my head. Not that there's anything wrong with it. /George

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Out of curiosity how many of those trophies have you seen in your own fan era with the Lakers?

Every team has it's homers but mostly the homers come from the standpoint of LA being .. Los Angeles. Big time and marketable. You speak from some place as if where you are doesn't matter. Look at recent championship teams and tell me the worst market of them all? We're going back a ways right.. other than San Antonio.
Players will play for whats rich and gold and that's LA and the Lakers. They have traditionally had success at obtaining talent and keeping it. Nobody is taking anything away from that.

It comes down to mainly the little guys tired of being stepped on. We have been making a big splash since Robinson came aboard and regardless of records since then and accomplishments by both franchises the Lakers fans as well as players and even a coach publicly discredit the Spurs and as if that isn't enough some fans start throwing the history report at us like we don't know.

Again, nobody can say the Lakers aren't the shit of a franchise. Given your status you have one overwhelming number of dumb asses talking shit constantly and mumbling on about world dominance and 3 reasons why this is the way it is. Nobody gives a fuck when you do it either.

Moving on, ... you got yours, and we got ours. Respect it or you will get more and you get to watch. You carry a 1 seed out of a brutal conference this season, as if your trade and status is elite and untouchable. Your record since and accomplishments to the point of the beginning of the 2nd round is admirable..

But we are the NBA Champions. The Lakers might be every 'experts' pick, and every line in Vegas can turn up purple and gold, but among NBA fans and players in the league as well as coaches and owners, LA will be the ones fighting an uphill battle.

Not talking shit, just stating the facts.

I've been around to remember, enjoy, and live with the great Lakers/Celtics rivalries of the 80's.

And Facts?? I hear spurs fans here talking all day as if their shit don't stink. You guys are last years Champs not this years Champs. So please stop calling yourself the NBA Champions. This year you're just another team trying to get a trophy. Those are the facts.

As for being stepped on. I could care less what type of inferiority complex you guys have. And you should really care less what other people or other fans think. You guys have 4 rings in a short span. Very very impressive. Not as impressive as the Lakers, but still very impressive. You should be happy with being a great Franchise, just not the best Franchise. That Title belongs to the Lakers. As well as another Team of the Decade Title that is just around the corner. :toast

wijayas
05-01-2008, 12:01 AM
DR. JAMES NAISMITH: Gentlemen! We are convened here to-day so that we may now forge the path our beloved pastime shall e'er follow.

PHOG ALLEN: Indeed, Doctor. We should see to it that the doings on the floor shall not be run afoul by the very butchers who have sullied the likes of Foot-ball and Fisticuffs.

AMOS ALONZO STAGG: A fine sentiment, Allen. Let's begin with Mr. Rupp. What sort of base element shall we keep out of our game?

ADOLPH RUPP: Negroes.

NAISMITH: Get the fuck out of here, you asshole. Now, what say you, Stagg?

STAGG: Just suppose - let us say a player were to be fouled and perhaps was not skilled at the practice of "Free Throws". Why, a very scoundrel might catch on to the notion of fouling him again and again! Do we want that?

ALLEN: Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh, Stagg, you are rich!

NAISMITH: Ha! Ha! Ha! Indeed, Stagg! The "Free Throw", why, 'tis nought but a stationary hurl just five yards from the peach basket! What imbecile could not succeed at the practice?

ALLEN: The very idea, Stagg!

STAGG: Ha! Ha! Ha! Of course, 'twas a mere jest on my part!

NAISMITH: You devilish rascal, you!

hahaha... very original!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :toast :toast :toast

SRJ
05-01-2008, 12:04 AM
I felt really gay reading that

That's fair. But when another poster invokes "the Founding Fathers of basketball" as an argument against strategy, well, sometimes you just have to fight gay with gay.

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Actually the term is "defending champions" which is correct. While I feel that the Spurs run is as impressive as the Lakers, no one here is saying the Spurs are the franchise of all time. If we are doing that, then I would say Boston and their 16 titles. I do think that the Spurs are the best franchise currently in the NBA. Let's be honest though, P&G, even if the Spurs won the next three in a row, you still would think LA's run this decade was more impressive but hey, you have that right. Just as I have the right to disagree. That is what makes it fun. :toast

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Uh, Dallas is footing the bill because Mark Cuban is the one who opted to sign Finley to such ungodly money. That's a beef with the league, not Gregg Popovich. Don't pull a hamstring on that stretch. And the way you guys got Duncan? By winning the draft lottery? Elliott and Robinson were injured that season, and the Spurs still didn't have the worst record -- that'd be Boston.

As for the trade committee, well...Memphis is trying to move (again), and a good way to keep fans away from FedEx was to trade its best player for one of the biggest buckets in league history. Was Pop right? That's debatable. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but hit me back when he starts trashing other coaches' gameplans and writing books that trash his players.

Please...... Everybody and their mom knew the spurs were tanking games for Duncan. Robinson was held out for an extremely long and questionable time. Duncan was a bonified/sure thing NBA HOF'er when he was still in college. He would have been the easy #1 pick a year earlier as well. At the time it was the consensus that the spurs were tanking for Duncan.

So know PJ is trashing other coaches game plans. :wakeup

He said it was not in the spirit of the game to foul off the ball. I agree it's not. But it's legal so whatever floats your boat. As for trashing Kobe in a book. So what. They get paid millions to deal with that type of shit. And they seem to have looked past it and not let it affect their relationship at all.

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Please...... Everybody and their mom knew the spurs were tanking games for Duncan. Robinson was held out for an extremely long and questionable time. Duncan was a bonified/sure thing NBA HOF'er when he was still in college. He would have been the easy #1 pick a year earlier as well. At the time it was the consensus that the spurs were tanking for Duncan.

He said it was not in the spirit of the game to foul off the ball. I agree it's not. But it's legal so whatever floats your boat. As for trashing Kobe in a book. So what. They get paid millions to deal with that type of shit. And they seem to have looked past it and not let it affect their relationship at all.

When your two best players only play 45 games total, you have such stellar names as Jamie Feick, Gaylon Nickerson and Steven Howard suit up for your team and your leading scorer is 37 years old.....you don't have to tank. :lol

Actually, you don't know the Spurs were tanking.....no one here does. You are of the opinion they were and it is very possible. I don't think they were but that is just my .02.

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Actually the term is "defending champions" which is correct. While I feel that the Spurs run is as impressive as the Lakers, no one here is saying the Spurs are the franchise of all time. If we are doing that, then I would say Boston and their 16 titles. I do think that the Spurs are the best franchise currently in the NBA. Let's be honest though, P&G, even if the Spurs won the next three in a row, you still would think LA's run this decade was more impressive but hey, you have that right. Just as I have the right to disagree. That is what makes it fun. :toast

Actually I made a thread about it before. You guys have 4 titles, while the Lakers have 3. The threepeat is the tiebreaker in the run for Team of the Decade. So the spurs are actually ahead in that category.

:ihit:ihit But not for long

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Remember back in the day when this thread was about the hack-a-shaq ploy?

:lmao

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:11 AM
When your two best players only play 45 games total, you have such stellar names as Jamie Feick, Gaylon Nickerson and Steven Howard suit up for your team and your leading scorer is 37 years old.....you don't have to tank. :lol

Actually, you don't know the Spurs were tanking.....no one here does. You are of the opinion they were and it is very possible. I don't think they were but that is just my .02.

I'm sure you remember what most were thinking and saying at the time though.

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Actually I made a thread about it before. You guys have 4 titles, while the Lakers have 3. The threepeat is the tiebreaker in the run for Team of the Decade. So the spurs are actually ahead in that category.

:ihit:ihit But not for long

I know....I discussed this with you in that thread. I do agree though, this playoffs will settle that because I think either SA or LA will win it all.

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:13 AM
You guys get a great hesit on Pau and that naturally breeds jealousy, inlcuding Pop. Even a class act can be jealous, no?

It is not Spurs fault that Cuban wants to fit the bill. No?

Think before you talk Purple & Gold.

It's called Mitch being shrewed and the Laker organization having a "Non Panic" approach concerning Kobe. I would understand why Pop would be jelous though.

Kyle45

Dominique Wilkins couldn't carry that load alone in '97 :lol

I felt the Hack-a-Shaq was overrated. The off-the-ball fouls were, at most, four times a game, not really the disruption to the "entertainment" as some (not Jackson) have claimed. So in that essence, I feel like the whole thing has been overblown.

Point taken on Kobe getting over it.

samikeyp
I'm sure you remember what most were thinking and saying at the time though.

Absolutely and if I were looking at it from outside Spur Nation, I can see where people say that and it is entirely possible it was true. It is equally possible that Robinson was actually injured and could not play. The thing is, the people who do know, will never tell so the thought will always linger.

DespЏrado
Hey Lakers fans you don't like us calling the Spurs the champions. I have just one thing to say to you: Come and get it.:lobt:

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:14 AM
None of which involved collusion with another team.

So which teams were involved in collusion??

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 12:14 AM
It's called Mitch being shrewed and the Laker organization having a "Non Panic" approach concerning Kobe. I would understand why Pop would be jelous though.

Pop is a lot of things, but I doubt he was jealous.

Was the deal shady? Maybe but hey, the NBA allowed it so nothing else matters. You still have to play the games.

Kyle45
05-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Absolutely and if I were looking at it from outside Spur Nation, I can see where people say that and it is entirely possible it was true. It is equally possible that Robinson was actually injured and could not play. The thing is, the people who do know, will never tell so the thought will always linger.

Right. It's not like watching Charlie Villanueva walk up and down the court, not crash the boards and take possessions off.

Then again, that could be because Villanueva is just lazy :lol

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:18 AM
I know....I discussed this with you in that thread. I do agree though, this playoffs will settle that because I think either SA or LA will win it all.

I agree it will be a great series. Jazz are an easy matchup for the Lakers. Kobe destroys them every time. NO is a bit harder matchup for the spurs, but I still think their inexperience will be their downfall. I've been waiting for another Laker/spur series for a long time. I'm positive it won't disappoint.

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 12:19 AM
True

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey Lakers fans you don't like us calling the Spurs the champions. I have just one thing to say to you: Come and get it.:lobt:

Nobody says they don't like it. I'm just pointing out facts.

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:23 AM

It was a big deal at the time and will probably always be used to downplay the spurs of this decade. Fair or not it is what it is. Especially between fans of opposing teams. We are called fanatics for a reason. :lol:lol

Demo Dick Marcinko
05-01-2008, 12:25 AM

I felt the Hack-a-Shaq was overrated. The off-the-ball fouls were, at most, four times a game, not really the disruption to the "entertainment" as some (not Jackson) have claimed. So in that essence, I feel like the whole thing has been overblown.

I agree with all you're points. As far as the Hack-a-Shaq, it worked it and disrupted the suns runs, it got Shaq off the floor and most importantly it resulted in a Spurs win and subsequently winning the series 4-1 in minimal time. The reason that is epic is because I think Manu is more hurt then we're being told. Pop wanted to get this thing over at any cost so Manu could get the rest and treatment that he needed. It's called strategy, and I would say it worked and netted the desired result.

On another note, Phil may be the best coach and he probably is, he certainly has the most rings. But I'm betting that if Pop had had the luxury of coaching Jordan and Pippen for 7 or 8 years then he would have added a few more rings to the 4 that he has now. That damn Phil Jackson, lucky Johnny on the spot.

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Pop is a lot of things, but I doubt he was jealous.

Was the deal shady? Maybe but hey, the NBA allowed it so nothing else matters. You still have to play the games.

Agree

It's time to get it on. And the shit talking will be at an alltime high. :lol

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:28 AM

To be honest it's a non-story. Phil is just being Phil and fucking with Pop and the spurs organization. He wouldn't fuck with your team if they didn't have any rings.

Demo Dick Marcinko
05-01-2008, 12:29 AM
I agree it will be a great series. Jazz are an easy matchup for the Lakers. Kobe destroys them every time. NO is a bit harder matchup for the spurs, but I still think their inexperience will be their downfall. I've been waiting for another Laker/spur series for a long time. I'm positive it won't disappoint.

I think you're right, the lakers will destroy the Jazz, though I hope they take you to 5-6 games, because I'm pretty sure that the Hornets will drag our series out to 5-6 games. Before the Spurs and Lakers meet up we need to get Manu well. Will be the best conf finals in a long time.

Kyle45
05-01-2008, 12:29 AM
To be honest it's a non-story. Phil is just being Phil and fucking with Pop and the spurs organization. He wouldn't fuck with your team if they didn't have any rings.

Excellent point. Here's to a potentially stellar WCF. :toast

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:31 AM
I think you're right, the lakers will destroy the Jazz, though I hope they take you to 5-6 games, because I'm pretty sure that the Hornets will drag our series out to 5-6 games. Before the Spurs and Lakers meet up we need to get Manu well. Will be the best conf finals in a long time.

From "reliable internet sources" :lol:lol Bynum will be ready by then. It will be a great series.

Demo Dick Marcinko
05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
From "reliable internet sources" :lol:lol Bynum will be ready by then. It will be a great series.

Like a great American by the name of Mills Lane once said, "Let's get it on!":toast

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
Excellent point. Here's to a potentially stellar WCF. :toast

Lakers will be waiting :smokin

Allanon
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
In the words of the Great Chuckster about Phil:
"If I had Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan on my team, I'd talk trash too"

Jazz should fold pretty easily, I don't want to see the Rockets. Lakers should be waiting again for the Spurs/Hornet series. Just for my own selfish reasons, I'd like Lakers/Spurs WCF but Hornets would be easier.

For the first time since Shaq left, the Lakers have a comparable amount of talent compared to the elites like Spurs, Suns, Celtics, Pistons.

This year will be the start of "Winner of the 2000-2010 decade", Spurs or Lakers, Pop or Phil, Kobe or Duncan. So far, it was Lakers early on and the Spurs the last couple of years.

Should be fun and Phil's already got his mindgames rollin' so I'm sure he's fairly certain the Spurs are up next. Heck he might even throw in some Hack a Bowen's for fun :D

Purple & Gold
05-01-2008, 12:41 AM

Classic :lmao:lmao I hadn't heard that one before.

Demo Dick Marcinko
05-01-2008, 12:41 AM

Jazz should fold pretty easily, I don't want to see the Rockets. Lakers should be waiting again for the Spurs/Hornet series. Just for my own selfish reasons, I'd like Lakers/Spurs WCF but Hornets would be easier.

For the first time since Shaq left, the Lakers have a comparable amount of talent compared to the elites like Spurs, Suns, Celtics, Pistons.

This year will be the start of "Winner of the 2000-2010 decade", Spurs or Lakers, Pop or Phil, Kobe or Duncan. So far, it was Lakers early on and the Spurs the last couple of years.

Should be fun and Phil's already got his mindgames rollin' so I'm sure he's fairly certain the Spurs are up next. Heck he might even throw in some Hack a Bowen's for fun :D

Provided the Spurs and Lakers get past our next opponents, and they will, it's like the WCF have already started and the whistle hasn't even blown yet.

wijayas
05-01-2008, 12:49 AM

I sure hope Bynum will suit up against the Spurs. Lakers won't have the "victim" mentality (ask the Suns) when they lose...

hsxvvd
05-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Fuck Phil Jackson, when we're done with the Whorenuts, the Colonel like-a-like cripple is next.

freemeat
05-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Phil Jackson loves getting "under the skin" of the Spurs, like he did when he said there should be an asterisk next to the '99 ring (he was the first to imply this). I think he's just prepping himself for a WCF showdown with his (0-12 against the Spurs) Gasol-Lakers.

O-Factor
05-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Fuck Phil, he's a tool.

Spurs will be too tough for the Lakers to come close to beating.

O-Factor
05-01-2008, 01:07 AM

What the hell do you think Phil did with the best player ever in Jordan, or Shaq in his prime WITH Kobe approaching his prime. Are you that stupid??? Are you???

Fucking idiot, if any coach has ridden coattails to championships, its Phil Jackson.

DazedAndConfused
05-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Phil Jackson is 3-1 against Pop in the playoffs. The only reason a series between LAL and SAS would be competitive is because Bynum won't be there.

A healthy, integrated, gelled Laker team consisting of Bynum, Pau, Kobe, Odom, and Fish will beat anything the Spurs put on the floor until Kobe/Pau/Odom are out of their prime. If the Lakers can rise to the #1 spot in the WC with the lineup they have on the floor now, they will only be that much better than the rest of the league when they get their starting center and best perimeter defender back. Too talented, too deep, too well coached.

Pop knows this is his last shot at a ring with the Spurs. He wants to solidify his legacy and finally get the repeat that has so eluded him. Thus, it should be no surprise that he is pulling every rabbit out of the hat he can.

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2008, 01:11 AM
how come this douchebag always open his mouth not crediting the spurs when ever we win, tactics are tactics, a win is a win, i seriously hope we meet his douchebag fakers in the western conference finals to sweep his fakers team 4-0 so they can go fishing and see kobe cry again on national television, epic failure.

Princess Pimp
05-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Damn cheaters!

21GoSpursGo9
05-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Phil Jackson is 3-1 against Pop in the playoffs. The only reason a series between LAL and SAS would be competitive is because Bynum won't be there.

A healthy, integrated, gelled Laker team consisting of Bynum, Pau, Kobe, Odom, and Fish will beat anything the Spurs put on the floor until Kobe/Pau/Odom are out of their prime. If the Lakers can rise to the #1 spot in the WC with the lineup they have on the floor now, they will only be that much better than the rest of the league when they get their starting center and best perimeter defender back. Too talented, too deep, too well coached.

Pop knows this is his last shot at a ring with the Spurs. He wants to solidify his legacy and finally get the repeat that has so eluded him. Thus, it should be no surprise that he is pulling every rabbit out of the hat he can.

Agreed with mostly everything you said outside of the first thing you posted. You seriously are saying Bynum's abscence is the only reason why the Spurs would even compete against the Lakers in a 7 game series? I dont even mind if you say the Spurs cant beat a fully healthy lakers team 4 times, but saying they wouldnt even compete is being biased in an unrealistic manner. Of course deep down inside you KNOW that isnt true. If you deny that then you are lying to yourself.

Spuradicator
05-01-2008, 01:28 AM
how come this douchebag always open his mouth not crediting the spurs when ever we win, tactics are tactics, a win is a win, i seriously hope we meet his douchebag fakers in the western conference finals to sweep his fakers team 4-0 so they can go fishing and see kobe cry again on national television, epic failure.

Because this douche(D&C) is a troll. Nothing more, nothing less......

freemeat
05-01-2008, 01:33 AM

That rabbit's gonna take a crap on your home court.

DazedAndConfused
05-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Agreed with mostly everything you said outside of the first thing you posted. You seriously are saying Bynum's abscence is the only reason why the Spurs would even compete against the Lakers in a 7 game series? I dont even mind if you say the Spurs cant beat a fully healthy lakers team 4 times, but saying they wouldnt even compete is being biased in an unrealistic manner.

I'm sorry I just don't think the series would be competitive at all if Bynum were anchoring the paint and we had Ariza to use as our own "Bruce Bowen" to give Kobe rest on defense. We'd have enough defenders to slow down Manu and Duncan, and Parker would certainly have a hell of a time trying to score in the paint against 3 seven footers. Our offense is more versatile and harder to defend than the Suns, and we'd have a distinct rebounding advantage with three 7 footers crashing the boards constantly. I just don't see how SAS could manufacture enough pts to keep pace with LA.

The Suns lost because they couldn't defend SAS, they couldn't make SAS rely on their bench to produce. Any team that can do that has an excellent chance at beating the Spurs. The fact that the Spurs big 3 averaged 80+ pts against the Suns says it all.

freemeat
05-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Damn cheaters!

eKgPY1adc0A

21GoSpursGo9
05-01-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm sorry I just don't think the series would be competitive at all if Bynum were anchoring the paint and we had Ariza to use as our own "Bruce Bowen" to give Kobe rest on defense. We'd have enough defenders to slow down Manu and Duncan, and Parker would certainly have a hell of a time trying to score in the paint against 3 seven footers. Our offense is more versatile and harder to defend than the Suns, and we'd have a distinct rebounding advantage with three 7 footers crashing the boards constantly. I just don't see how SAS could manufacture enough pts to keep pace with LA.

The Suns lost because they couldn't defend SAS, they couldn't make SAS rely on their bench to produce. Any team that can do that has an excellent chance at beating the Spurs. The fact that the Spurs big 3 averaged 80+ pts against the Suns says it all.

You are lying to yourself again dazed.
It's not a good habit to be in denial about that. Deep down under all that Laker pride you know it wouldnt go that way. :)

td_tp_manu
05-01-2008, 01:47 AM

1999 and 2003 - that's twice (maybe i'm wrong; can't remember clearly)

and last year Phil obviously wasn't able to survive to meet with Spurs in the conf semi.

God bless him

O-Factor
05-01-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm sorry I just don't think the series would be competitive at all if Bynum were anchoring the paint and we had Ariza to use as our own "Bruce Bowen" to give Kobe rest on defense.

:lmao, already making excuses. Bad excuses at that. Yeah, because Bynum is better than Playoff Tim Duncan. :lol

In any series, nobody owns the paint like Tim Duncan. If you don't know that by now, you don't watch the basketball.

T Park
05-01-2008, 01:53 AM
amazing how Bynum and Gasol can all of a sudden "guard" Tim Duncan.

Clueless and confused as always myopic and retard.

O-Factor
05-01-2008, 02:00 AM

Yeah, he needs to.....

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/crazycraker42069/crack_pipe.jpg

DazedAndConfused
05-01-2008, 02:23 AM

April 11th - Spurs vs Lakers

Tim Duncan - played 31 minutes, shot 6-19 from the field (31%), 16 pts
Pau Gasol - played 28 minutes, shot 7-15, 14 pts, 2 blocks (both against TD)

Pau guarded Duncan the entire time he was out there on the floor. He anticipated Duncan's moves well and even managed to block a few of them. He is just as cerebral a player as Duncan is and is not fooled by any of Duncan's post moves. He is also mobile enough to not be beat off the dribble by Duncan. In short, he actually does a better job defending Duncan than he does younger and more athletic/explosive players. I'm not going to get into Bynum defending Duncan since I don't have any relevant stats in front of me, but I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to guard Duncan. He's got the height, length, athleticism, and smarts to bother Duncan and given how he's fared against the top C's in the league this year I'm confident he'd do well against Duncan.

Don't worry I already know your response. It was the regular season and Duncan wasn't even trying.

J.T.
05-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Don't worry I already know your response. It was the regular season and Duncan wasn't even trying.

Tim Duncan starts collecting game checks in late April.

Jdspur20
05-01-2008, 02:43 AM

I don't expect most Spurs fans to actually agree with what Phil is saying. But deep down I know you are all embarrassed that your coach and organization would have to stoop to such tactic for such a sustained period of time just to get a win.i

sure....thats it....were so embarrassed.....go find a nice laker form for yourself.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 03:22 AM

Tanking games for the third worst record in the league to win the draft lottery has to be the greatest move in the history of sports, particularly for a team that isn't in a market that draws other teams' franchise players via free agency. I was in Orlando the week that Shaq left, and what LA did was far far worse.

Fernando TD21
05-01-2008, 04:10 AM
"AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Lakers left the court in pieces. Karl Malone kept his head down, Shaquille O'Neal absently slapped a few high-fives and Kobe Bryant jogged in late, encased in his own thoughts."
^ Isn't good coaching.

How to Shoot a Free Throw in Basketball

By eHow Sports & Fitness Editor

Rate: (155 Ratings)

Free throws are crucial to a team's success. Making these unguarded shots 15 feet from the hoop separates the winners from the losers.
http://www.ehow.com/how_3046_shoot-free-throw.html

DAF86
05-01-2008, 04:24 AM
On a side note, your flag says your from Argentina. What part are you from? I have a good friend of mine studying abroad in Buenos Aires.

I'm from Trelew, Chubut in Patagonia but I'm studying in La Plata, very close to BS As.

21GoSpursGo9
05-01-2008, 04:25 AM
Phil Jackson is 3-1 against Pop in the playoffs.

Phil Jackson is 1-1 against Pop with the big 3 of Parker/Manu/Duncan.

Phil Jackson is 2-0 against Pop with either 1 or 2 of the big 3 prior to the 2002-2003 season.

Phil Jackson is 0-1 against Pop with Speedy Claxton on the team.

See there are so many ways to use the numbers game.:toast

cherylsteele
05-01-2008, 04:33 AM
1999 and 2003 - that's twice (maybe i'm wrong; can't remember clearly)
Phil was hired by the Lakers after the 1999 finals. Kurt Rambis was the Laker coach in the 1999 playoffs.

Strike
05-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Well Shaq should learn to shoot free throws, or better yet, find a back up center, Suns. What is becoming annoying is to see Parker and Manu flop on every single goddam play. Its one thing to flop on offense and try to draw a charge. You atleast have to make it look real, but these two fags flop while have the ball. I mean every single time. I cant wait to knock these fags out of the playoffs.

Did you, or will you hear "happy 11th birthday" sometime this year?

MissouriSpur
05-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Laker fans how the hell can you be proud of Kobe after all the shit he has done in his career? No smack from you La fans.

Str8Ballin
05-01-2008, 09:07 AM
I would just like to say that the Hack-a-Shaq was a good idea. Getting the suns out of their rhythm was its real value.

Str8Ballin
05-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Do you think Phil Jackson wears "Lakers" underwear?

Kermit
05-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Do you think Phil Jackson wears "Lakers" underwear?

As long as they're made out of hemp.

bus driver
05-01-2008, 09:17 AM

amen :tu

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
1. It's interesting to me to see Phil Jackson's pervasive need to talk about/denigrate the Spurs -- are they on your mind, Phillip?

2. For all of the Lakers fans (Dazed & Confused) screaming about Pop's comments about the Gasol trade, not one acknowledges the fact that Pop's comment was entirely tongue-in-cheek. Of course, that wouldn't support your argument, so why not just go ahead and presume that Pop meant every word that he said -- particularly when I'd defy you to find any other comment from Pop's career in which he says any similar thing.

3. The idea that Pop and Phil have worked with equal talent during their championship runs is laughable. For all of the Lakers' fans pointing to Tony Parker as a superstar, I'd suspect that I could find an equal number of discussions in which Parker is excluded from the conversation as a All-Star or anything better than the 5th best point in the West. Is the 5th best player at any position really a superstar? The same is true of Ginobili. Suddenly, there's a need to claim talents are equal (that Parker or Ginobili now is the functional equivalent of 1st Team All-NBA Kobe between 01-04) and Parker and Ginobili are among the best players to ever play the game (despite neither ever having been All-NBA on any level). It's an interesting turn of rhetoric.

degenerate_gambler
05-01-2008, 09:47 AM
1. It's interesting to me to see Phil Jackson's pervasive need to talk about/denigrate the Spurs -- are they on your mind, Phillip?

He's kept his piehole shut about SA for awhile...especially since LA hasn't had a quality team in some time.

"Simulator crew" smack can't be far off..

wijayas
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Phil Jackson loves getting "under the skin" of the Spurs, like he did when he said there should be an asterisk next to the '99 ring (he was the first to imply this). I think he's just prepping himself for a WCF showdown with his (0-12 against the Spurs) Gasol-Lakers.

I think he will a grave mistake by ignoring Jazz/Rockets.

1Parker1
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
No one mentioned the other thing Phil said that surprised him about the series? He said how he was surprised that all of a sudden the league started calling Shaq on his lane violations (stepping over the foul line before the ball hit the rim), when he's been doing it forever. He basically said it in a way that implied the Spurs are little "tattle-tails" :lol

Phil gets my props for being the most subtle digger in coaching. He can hit a team or player or coach with an insult and they wouldn't know it until 5 minutes later...:lol

DazedAndConfused
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM

2. For all of the Lakers fans (Dazed & Confused) screaming about Pop's comments about the Gasol trade, not one acknowledges the fact that Pop's comment was entirely tongue-in-cheek. Of course, that wouldn't support your argument, so why not just go ahead and presume that Pop meant every word that he said -- particularly when I'd defy you to find any other comment from Pop's career in which he says any similar thing.

3. The idea that Pop and Phil have worked with equal talent during their championship runs is laughable. For all of the Lakers' fans pointing to Tony Parker as a superstar, I'd suspect that I could find an equal number of discussions in which Parker is excluded from the conversation as a All-Star or anything better than the 5th best point in the West. Is the 5th best player at any position really a superstar? The same is true of Ginobili. Suddenly, there's a need to claim talents are equal (that Parker or Ginobili now is the functional equivalent of 1st Team All-NBA Kobe between 01-04) and Parker and Ginobili are among the best players to ever play the game (despite neither ever having been All-NBA on any level). It's an interesting turn of rhetoric.

1. They asked him a question and he answered it truthfully. It's not like he volunteered this information freely. The Spurs are probably on his mind as much as the Lakers are on Pop's mind at this point.

2. Joking or not, we all know he meant exactly what he said. He was the 1st GM to openly criticize the trade in such an open manner. I don't care if he's never said things like this before, he's never used hack-a-shaq like this before either. There is a 1st time for everything.

3. Having Parker and Ginobli is as good as having just Kobe Bryant IMHO. And Duncan ~ Shaq, Duncan had better D at the time but Shaq was better on offense. So yes, Pop has had equal talent to work with.

FromWayDowntown
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
1. They asked him a question and he answered it truthfully. It's not like he volunteered this information freely. The Spurs are probably on his mind as much as the Lakers are on Pop's mind at this point.

2. Joking or not, we all know he meant exactly what he said. He was the 1st GM to openly criticize the trade in such an open manner. I don't care if he's never said things like this before, he's never used hack-a-shaq like this before either. There is a 1st time for everything.

3. Having Parker and Ginobli is as good as having just Kobe Bryant IMHO. And Duncan ~ Shaq, Duncan had better D at the time but Shaq was better on offense. So yes, Pop has had equal talent to work with.

1. You're a homer.

2. You're a homer.

3. You're a homer.

DazedAndConfused
05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Phil Jackson is 1-1 against Pop with the big 3 of Parker/Manu/Duncan.

Phil Jackson is 2-0 against Pop with either 1 or 2 of the big 3 prior to the 2002-2003 season.

Phil Jackson is 0-1 against Pop with Speedy Claxton on the team.

See there are so many ways to use the numbers game.:toast

Phil is 3-1 against Pop, get your facts straight. Don't give a fuck who was on the team at the time, he's beaten Pop 3 times and lost once.

Ronaldo McDonald

The, "we're better on paper, so we should win" argument has never been that effective when applied to the the Spurs.

They win because of their superior basketball intelligence. That can't be shown on paper.

DazedAndConfused
1. You're a homer.

2. You're a homer.

3. You're a homer.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao