PDA

View Full Version : NO troll to tell you how it is

LSUhornetSaints
04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey there Spurs fans. let me just say first how awesome it is for my team to be able to take on the defending champs in the playoffs like this. Like they say if you want to be the best you've got to beat the best regardless of how unlikely that may be.

I thought for sure the Suns-Spurs series was going to be incredibly hard fought and most likely go to seven games with Spurs pulling it out in the end. Needless to say I was wrong and you guys pretty much dominated them. Although I also thought the NO-Dallas series would go to seven as well an d the Hornets ended up dominating them. The difference is of coarse you guys dominated a much better team in my opinion. Congratulations.

For those of you all cracking jokes that NO fans didn't know they had a team until a few weeks ago, please keep in mind that we only had the Hornets for one year (in which they were God awful) before Hurricane Katrina took them to OKC for the past two years. The first half of this year everyone expected them to be awful again and so we were dead last in attendance. However, as soon as people realized how good thi team was we ended the year with 22 strait sell-outs.

My keys to the series for the Hornets are 1. How well can Tyson Chandler (an excellent defender) keep Duncan under control 2. How successful will Popovich (probably the most underrated coach ever) find unique ways to disrupt and slow down Paul. 3. On any given night if Paul and West are just doing there average thing, if Peja gets hot the Hornets are almost guaranteed to win that game. This will definitely happen once and if we ca two of these games from Peja then I believe that NO can make it a series. 4 And finally Cris Paul and his incredible desire to win can hopefully pull us through if #'s 1-3 come through for us. Look forward to a great series and some good BBall talk over the next week. Non Homer prediction Spurs in 7.

P.S. NO fans really are nice people, but I will warn you that some people are still pissed about your mayor making a play for the saints while they were in S.A. I really don't blame him because if you've got a chance to get an NFL team for your city you pretty much have to jump on it. But you have to understand NO people were dealing with the worst disaster in U.S. history, and thought of losing the Saints (who mean so much to this city) just pushed some people over the edge. Just know that I and a vast majority of NO people do not put any blame on the people of S.A. just on the Mayor. Thanks

Sorry it was so long.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Nice post, not trollish at all.

I don't blame people for being pissed at Hardberger, you should know though that there were quite a few of us who, while longing to have pro football here, did not approve of the Mayor's actions.

Enjoy. :toast

ClingingMars
04-30-2008, 09:03 PM
good post.

- Mars

BonnerDynasty
04-30-2008, 09:05 PM
If Manu is on. Ohhhhh shit.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 09:07 PM
If we like some of your players, maybe we'll try to take them too. When is West a free agent?

VoiceofReason
04-30-2008, 09:09 PM
If we like some of your players, maybe we'll try to take them too. When is West a free agent?

:lol

See, I have a sense of humor.

slayermin
04-30-2008, 09:10 PM

West would look great in silver and black.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 09:11 PM
West has already said a few things, like how he would look forward to a Detroit-SA Finals, and how he studies Tim Duncan, to make you think he's a closet Spur at heart.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome..good post.

BTW, hope you aren't putting a lot of hope on Peja...He and the Spurs have a long history and he usually chokes on his nutsack when he plays the Spurs.

Other than that, your Hornets are my second favorite team in the NBA. I would be rooting for them if we weren't playing them.

bdictjames
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Glad what you said about Pop, and welcome to the board.

EDIT: It may hurt for you to make that prediction, lol, I couldn't imagine picking against the Spurs in the series if I were another fan of another team.

m33p0
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
My keys to the series for the Hornets are
1. How well can Tyson Chandler (an excellent defender) keep Duncan under control
tough for Chandler. I suspect Scott will not expose Chandler on Duncan until late in the game. This is playoff Duncan we're talking about here.
2. How successful will Popovich (probably the most underrated coach ever) find unique ways to disrupt and slow down Paul.
Bruce Bowen.
3. On any given night if Paul and West are just doing there average thing, if Peja gets hot the Hornets are almost guaranteed to win that game. This will definitely happen once and if we ca two of these games from Peja then I believe that NO can make it a series.
Spurs defend the 3 better than any team in the league. Ask Ray Allen for confirmation.
4 And finally Cris Paul and his incredible desire to win can hopefully pull us through if #'s 1-3 come through for us.
Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili are no pussies either.
Look forward to a great series and some good BBall talk over the next week. Non Homer prediction Spurs in 7.
Spurs in 6

LSUhornetSaints
04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
If Manu is on. Ohhhhh shit.

Ya, I forgot to talk about him. Manu in particular, but also Tony parker really scare me in this series. It seems that one of them always has a monster game, and if they both do it's vitually game over. Although Cris Paul is absolutely awesome at getting steals, he's really not the kind of defender that can shut a player like Parker or Manu down. God forbid we have to put Peja on Manu defensively and this series is over

Another I overlooked in my first post that really kind of scares me is Bruce Bowen guarding Cris Paul. Paul was able to school Kidd in the Mavs series, but Kidd is not on the same level as Bowen. Bowen has the ability to shut down Kobe in some games an Paul offensive repertoire is not in Kobe's league. Also the fact that Paul is so short and has a small reach seems to me like he is the perfect size player for Bowen to give tons of trouble to. Hope not.

anakha
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Considering Chandler is more effective coming from the weakside instead of defending straight up, I expect to see a lot of David West on Duncan.

And if I'm the Spurs, I'd want to involve Chandler's man in as many PnR situations as possible, to draw him away from the basket.

ClingingMars
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
this guy is like the Xylus of NO.

- Mars

m33p0
04-30-2008, 09:29 PM
this guy is like the Xylus of NO.

- Mars
One thing's for sure. You make mistake OP for PrincessPimple :lol.

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the board.

TKG
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I think it's going to be a hell of a series. Both teams are excellent at what they do. I think it's going to come down to youth vs. experience. I love my Spurs, but I wouldn't put money on either team this series. It's nice to see people with an open mind, not the typical [insert your team] are infallable attitude.

td4mvp21
04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
I've never seen NO fans on this board before. I'm glad the ones that have showed up seem to be very reasonable and intelligent.

CosmicCowboy
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
This could be good...kind of reminds me of Detroit a few years ago...I really enjoyed those guys after they figured this place out...

Lakers_55
04-30-2008, 09:40 PM
great post. although there are trolls here, if you keep showing respect here, you will be a welcome addition. We're all basketball fans here and our Spurs hosts are pretty damned cool to chat with.

Guajalote
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Classy post. Welcome here.

You'll forgive a few of us if we don't immediately roll out the red carpet. We're used to some pretty classless Suns and Mavs trolls coming in here and popping off (cough, cough, Princess Pimp, cough cough).

By the way, check out the link below to see how the Hornets began preparations for their first game against the Spurs. I guess if you shoot enough of them, sooner or later they'll go in. Kind of like the old Michael Jordan vs. Larry Bird McDonald's commercials. :lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3375691

GSH
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
P.S. NO fans really are nice people, but I will warn you that some people are still pissed about your mayor making a play for the saints while they were in S.A. I really don't blame him because if you've got a chance to get an NFL team for your city you pretty much have to jump on it. But you have to understand NO people were dealing with the worst disaster in U.S. history, and thought of losing the Saints (who mean so much to this city) just pushed some people over the edge. Just know that I and a vast majority of NO people do not put any blame on the people of S.A. just on the Mayor. Thanks

Sorry it was so long.

Fuck that. There was talk about bringing the Aints here a decade before Katrina. And a whole shitload of people there were over the edge long before the levee broke.

And our mayor was doing his job. What the fuck was yours doing?

I've never seen NO fans on this board before. I'm glad the ones that have showed up seem to be very reasonable and intelligent.

Sorry, the first few who showed up were OK. They were the exception. I would post a copy of the latest PM I got from their fans, but I got bumped from their board.

ClingingMars
04-30-2008, 09:46 PM
This could be good...kind of reminds me of Detroit a few years ago...I really enjoyed those guys after they figured this place out...

they were so great we made them a forum, lol.

- Mars

metalzo
04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Longtime Hornets fan here...and I agree with most points of the OP. I'm not from N.O. so don't really have an opinion on the Saints.

As for this series, it's going to be rough for the Hornets. The Spurs are the champs and though I think we can win this series I'm not expecting it. Hopefully we compete but if I had to call it I'd say Spurs in 6.

And in the paraphrased words of The Godfather, best of luck insofar as your interests don't conflict with ours ;)

LSUhornetSaints
04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Fuck that. There was talk about bringing the Aints here a decade before Katrina. And a whole shitload of people there were over the edge long before the levee broke.

And our mayor was doing his job. What the fuck was yours doing?

Damn dude, What's your problem? Did you not see in my post where I said your mayor was just doing his because if you have a chance to snag an NFL team for your city then you have to jump on it? All I was saying after that is you can't expect the people from New Orleans who have been Saints fans for 50 years not to view this move as anything but a low class, scumbag attempt to kick us while were down. What the fuck do you expect? Why do you think Tagliabeau stepped in and said no dice? And as for there was talk of moving the Saints to S.A. years before Katrina that is because Benson has many businesses there, and every time he wanted to get more money out of the state of LA he would threaten to move the team to S.A. Which never even came close to happening. Again no one blames the people of S.A. for wanting an NFL team, and at the time it looked like the Saints might never make in NO. This has been proved false.

samikeyp
04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Damn dude, What's your problem? Did you not see in my post where I said your mayor was just doing his because if you have a chance to snag an NFL team for your city then you have to jump on it? All I was saying after that is you can't expect the people from New Orleans who have been Saints fans for 50 years not to view this move as anything but a low class, scumbag attempt to kick us while were down. What the fuck do you expect? Why do you think Tagliabeau stepped in and said no dice? And as for there was talk of moving the Saints to S.A. years before Katrina that is because Benson has many businesses there, and every time he wanted to get more money out of the state of LA he would threaten to move the team to S.A. Which never even came close to happening. Again no one blames the people of S.A. for wanting an NFL team, and at the time it looked like the Saints might never make in NO. This has been proved false.

I guarantee you no one has been a fan of the Saints for 50 years.

They have only been around for 40. :)

I keed, I keed. :lol

LSUhornetSaints
04-30-2008, 10:37 PM
They have only been around for 40.

I keed, I keed.

Thanks for the humorous response. The last thing I want is S.A. Saints war on this board.
I just mentioned it in the OP because I know that there are still some NO fans who hold a grudge against the whole city of SA for this incident, and I wanted to point out that us intelligent New Orlinians know htat the far away #1 person to blame is our scumbag owner Tom Benson, who if it were not for the great human being Paul Tagliabeau would of sold our beloved team down the river inwithout a second thought, during the worst time in NO history. I think it's also legitimate for us to be mad at the mayor to, but like I said he was just doing his job which is to help his city, SA, as much as possible.

I am sincerely going to try and not talk about this issue again. it's just hard because if there is one thing we are passionate about in NO, it's our "lovable losers" THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS and o yeah hornets to.

SPARKY
04-30-2008, 10:48 PM
http://www.brucebowen.com/images/image_bio_pic01.gif

You will hate this man by the end of the series.

metalzo
04-30-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.brucebowen.com/images/image_bio_pic01.gif

You will hate this man by the end of the series.

Most Hornet fans already do. I'm in the minority among Hornet fans and NBA fans in general since I respect Bowen's game. I don't quite get why getting into other player's heads and playing smothering defense is "dirty". Like any smart defender he does what he can get away with (usually anyway). His outside corner shot hasn't been as money this year it seems but he's still one of the best defenders in the NBA.

Question for you Spurs fans...if Ginobili is indeed injured then why doesn't Finley get more time especially in situations when you guys are up 3-0 or 3-1? Seems like that might be the time to give Ginobili at least somewhat of a breather and Finley is no slouch.

ShoogarBear
04-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the humorous response. The last thing I want is S.A. Saints war on this board.

It wouldn't be allowed here.

You'd have to go to the NFL Forum.

peskypesky
04-30-2008, 11:07 PM
This should be a fun series. I respect the hell out of Chris Paul and Byron Scott, and I've been saying for months that Paul deserves the MVP and Scott deserves Coach of the Year.
I also like a lot of other players on the Hornets and I like the way the team plays. I also love New Orleans.

All that being said, once the war begins, it's war. Let's just hope that it doesn't get ugly in any way. Let's hope it's a hard-fought, but classy series.

WildcardManu
04-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Paul-Chandler-West trio is a sick passing-rebounding-scoring machine

SequSpur
04-30-2008, 11:51 PM
whatever...............

wijayas
04-30-2008, 11:51 PM
NO troll, it is no troll.