PDA

View Full Version : Suns Get Jim Jackson

tsb2000
01-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Probably won't affect tonight's game. Casey Jacobson going to NO for Jim Jackson. Lock if already posted. :spin

link (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0121sunstradeonline0122.html)

ChumpDumper
01-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I wonder who else is going from PHX to make the numbers work. I don't think they have a trade exception.

bigzak25
01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
what's up with Jim Jackson....he doesn't last anywhere he goes.....

usckk
01-21-2005, 04:50 PM
There's a lot more to the trade. Here is the specifics:

Suns get: Jim Jackson
Hornets get: Jacobsen, Lampe, Vroman

Further, the Suns are also talking with the 76ers to get Dalembert for Joe Johnson.

usckk
01-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Jim Jackson would not report to the Hornets when the Rockets traded him, so the Hornets could do nothing but trade him again.

boutons
01-21-2005, 04:54 PM
damn, the Haitian could develop his raw athleticism into some real contributions. damn, damn, Suns getting some more inside presence.

ChumpDumper
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Great trade for the Hornets. Good for them to hold out for the right deal.

FromWayDowntown
01-21-2005, 04:58 PM
I guess when you have no real depth, trading several bench players to get a 6th man makes some sense. For all the hype about Lampe last year, he's already moving along to his 3rd team in a season and a half. Upside, upside, upside.

With the way Phoenix plays offense, Johnson for Dalembert doesn't appear to make much sense. Dalembert is an above-average defender, but Johnson allows the Suns to run-and-gun much more than Dalembert would. I guess they'd match up a bit better with people, but Dalembert won't be able to play 40+ minutes at a fast pace like D'Antoni seems to want to play, meaning their lack of depth would likely be exposed.

Spurminator
01-21-2005, 05:01 PM
The Johnson for Dalembert deal surprises me, since it would change a dynamic that has seemingly been pretty successful so far.

Good trade for the Sixers though.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Damn.

I want Joe Johnson to play with AI.

Useruser666
01-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh well the first trade makes sense. You get a good back up. The second one doesn't make sense to me as much.

Rick Von Braun
01-21-2005, 05:13 PM
what's up with Jim Jackson....he doesn't last anywhere he goes.....This is a question that I have always asked myself. Jim Jackson is no star, but I consider him an above average player, worst case scenario an average player in his position. That means he is equal or better to more than half of the players playing his position.

Having said that, I don't understand why he doesn't last and become a core member of a group anywhere he goes. There must be something else going on. He is either a drama queen, or a cancer, or something like that. I think he is articulated, and he is usually quite discrete with the media.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiconfused.gif

Useruser666
01-21-2005, 05:17 PM
I think he is articulated, :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Jim Jackson is gonna retire with more teams than seasons.

Useruser666
01-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Can a NBA team make a trade with the Globetrotters? :lol

Rick Von Braun
01-21-2005, 05:36 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifI meant in reference to his eloquent and fluent interviews, not in reference to any china doll fame he may have. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gif

Matrix
01-21-2005, 05:43 PM
the first trade is being confirmed but suns talk on the radio said the second trade is not going to happen. the suns are interested in dalembert but are not willing to give up jj...

Suns will sign Paul Shirley to sit on the bench in place of lampe and vroman...Nash is still game time decision but since the game was moved back they think he will play Xtra sports 910 here in the valley said they called and it was 50/50 but they think he will play because of the late start. He better because they will be short 3 guys and Jackson not expected to be here for this game....

spur219
01-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Man if the Suns get Dalembert and now with Jim Jackson they will be even stronger.

exstatic
01-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Man if the Suns get Dalembert and now with Jim Jackson they will be even stronger.

Jim Jackson is a servicable swingman, but the Dalembert deal is rumored to be for Joe Johnson, which would be a HUGE subtraction. Other than Nash and whatever PG is on the bench, he's really their only other ball handler. Marion really has average handles, being more of a spot up or post up player.

I'm kind of surprised with all of the PHO players being named, and with Nash's history of non-durability, that they aren't trying to acquire a solid backup PG.

Sense
01-21-2005, 06:22 PM
They just made the team better by adding jackson..

Then again, the team is always on the run, and I don't know if Jackson will be used to that, plus he ain't that Young.

Good trade for the Suns...who need bench points.

Matrix
01-21-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm kind of surprised with all of the PHO players being named, and with Nash's history of non-durability, that they aren't trying to acquire a solid backup PG.

I agree

usckk
01-21-2005, 06:34 PM
i'm suprised the Suns didn't go after Arroyo

Matrix
01-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I know they have 2 number one picks and thats what they wanted???dunno what they were thinking, maybe the jazz didn't want to keep him in the western conference

T Park
01-21-2005, 06:58 PM
jazz didn't want to keep him in the western conference

Im gonna guess thats it.

Countdown to someone coming into this thread ripping the Spurs for not making a trade yet.

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Jim Jackson for those three is a bad trade for the Suns. Jackson is not a savior, he's a cancer.

SequSpur
01-21-2005, 07:52 PM
BS. Jim Jackson is a good player.

Another team making deals while the Spurs overpay Rasho and Malik.

Typical.

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah he's so great that he's been traded 11 times. :rolleyes

There's a reason why stuff like that happens.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 07:54 PM
I agree with Sequ, I like Jim Jackson.

I don't know why every team trades his ass over though.

SequSpur
01-21-2005, 07:56 PM
How do you know he's a cancer? Because he gets traded?

Dude has a tradeable salary, Houston needed to make a change, it was easier to move him than suck ass Yao and Super Star McGrady.

Spurs need to make a change but continue to hold on to Rashosoft and Malik Net Worth.

Late.

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 07:57 PM
He's been traded more than ten times. He puts up decent numbers and then he doesn't work out anywhere. Sort of like Ron Mercer.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Spurs need to make a change but continue to hold on to Rashosoft and Malik Net Worth.

Sequ, explain to me why the Spurs need to change things around?

SequSpur
01-21-2005, 07:59 PM
When he drops 15 in the fourth quarter of Game 7 in the West Finals over the Spurs and the Spurs are sent home packing, you let me know what kind of chemotherapy that Pop should have gotten to kill that cancer.

Schwing.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
When he drops 15 in the fourth quarter of Game 7 in the West Finals over the Spurs and the Spurs are sent home packing, you let me know what kind of chemotherapy that Pop should have gotten to kill that cancer.

Schwing.
Manu would never let him score 15 points, what's in your blunt?

SequSpur
01-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Oh.. I forgot...

Manu is God.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh.. I forgot...

Manu is God.
Yeah, you should remember next time.

But without sarcasm, Manu WOULD NOT let Jim Jackson score 15 points in one quarter.

Keep dreaming...

SequSpur
01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Manu couldn't stop Jim Jackson. Dude is a very good offensive player and Manu probably would foul him on a screen roll up by one with 2 seconds left. That is Manu for you.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Manu couldn't stop Jim Jackson. Dude is a very good offensive player and Manu probably would foul him on a screen roll up by one with 2 seconds left. That is Manu for you.
No he won't, so your saying Manu doesn't play defense.... ok.

Now I see why you hate Rasho so much.

If Manu can't play D, than Rasho can't tie his own shoes, right?

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Probably won't affect tonight's game.

The Suns will play tonight’s game with eight or nine players, depending on the availability of Steve Nash.

Is Nash still questionable?

The Suns will have to pick someone else up to fill out their roster. It's interesting that the Hornets waived Junior Harrington (along with Freije). Someone will probably pick up Harrington quickly.

Dre_7
01-21-2005, 08:23 PM

Schwing.

PHX wont make it that far in the playoffs w/out a bench, inside presence, or defense.

They cant run all year for 43 minutes per starter and expect to go to the finals. Plus, no bench, no d = big problems if a starter gets hurt or burns out.

SA on the other hand are deep as hell and play D. I'll take SA over PHX in the playoffs if they even make it past th first round.

ShoogarBear
01-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Jackson is a good deal for the Suns.

Losing Joe Johnson for Dalembert would be a bad deal, at least for this season. I agree, it would completly change the whole dynamic which has been so sucessful so far.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-21-2005, 08:28 PM

Schwing.

I can't wait to get that picture of you with your arms raised screaming "Beno!"

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Jackson is a good deal for the Suns.

Losing Joe Johnson for Dalembert would be a bad deal, at least for this season. I agree, it would completly change the whole dynamic which has been so sucessful so far.
I agree, they Dalembert is a great shot blocker if he gets playing time, but the suns already have Amare.

I hope this trade goes down because i am also a Sixers fan, and I want what AI wants.

Iverson said he urges Billy King to make a move this season because he needs talent playing with him.
He requested another good player to help the team.

Matrix
01-21-2005, 09:47 PM
PHX wont make it that far in the playoffs w/out a bench, inside presence, or defense.

They cant run all year for 43 minutes per starter and expect to go to the finals. Plus, no bench, no d = big problems if a starter gets hurt or burns out.

SA on the other hand are deep as hell and play D. I'll take SA over PHX in the playoffs if they even make it past th first round.

Amare-36
Marion-39
JJ-39
q-37.5
Nash-33.9

Don't think anyone is playing 43 min....probably should trim down marion and jj
about 5 min but they're young...
No bench, they're working on that, and dunno if they care to work on d, i would rather them work on rebounding especially amare, there d is alright, its all the offensive rebounds they give up that just kills, 25 against Detroit...perfect example...

JsnSA
01-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I know Jackson has been traded a lot but I think he has just been really unlucky.

He has talent...and WILL make the Suns a deeper team which will help them in the playoffs.

I still dont think they will get past us...but that trade does help them out.

td4mvp21
01-21-2005, 09:59 PM
sequspur, its embarrassing that you call yourself a spurs fan when you constantly trash them. Thats what lakers fans do NOT Spurs fans

tsb2000
01-21-2005, 10:07 PM
The Suns will play tonight’s game with eight or nine players, depending on the availability of Steve Nash.

Is Nash still questionable?

The Suns will have to pick someone else up to fill out their roster. It's interesting that the Hornets waived Junior Harrington (along with Freije). Someone will probably pick up Harrington quickly.

According to Nash himself, it's "still up in the air," even though the coach expected him to play. That was in the AZ Republic today. I suppose we'll all find out soon enough. :)

tsb2000
01-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Check that- Nash will try to play (from ESPN tv) :)

myhc
01-21-2005, 10:41 PM
How do you know he's a cancer? Because he gets traded?

I don't know if he's a cancer on every team he's been with but refusing to report to a team you've been traded to is one sign of his immaturity.

exstatic
01-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I know Jackson has been traded a lot but I think he has just been really unlucky.

I don't know if he's a cancer on every team he's been with but refusing to report to a team you've been traded to is one sign of his immaturity.

As is holding out for 54 games in your rookie year for more Benjamins. That was the kind of entrance that Jackson made into the league. As Kori said, there is a reason that he puts up decent numbers everywhere, yet is not welcomed back. Besides that, he only has one knee to speak of. BUM WHEEL.

He has been traded in the middle of the season FOUR TIMES, five if you include his non-report to N.O. That makes two trades this year for those counting.

JoeChalupa
01-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I've followed Jimmy Jackson since his days as Mr. Baskbetball in Ohio and his days at Ohio State. Good solid player.