gmanrulz
04-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Celtics' Pierce denies gesture was gang-related
Associated Press

Updated: April 30, 2008, 8:22 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
BOSTON -- Celtics forward Paul Pierce, fined $25,000 for what the NBA called a "menacing gesture" during Game 3 of Boston's playoff series against Atlanta, denied that the sign was gang-related.

"I 100 percent do not in any way promote gang violence or anything close to it," Pierce said in a statement issued Wednesday before Game 5 of the series. "I am sorry if it was misinterpreted that way at Saturday's game."

The league fined Pierce for flashing a hand gesture toward Atlanta's Al Horford, holding up his right hand, forming an "O" with his thumb and index finger and extending the other three fingers. Although the gesture has been interpreted as a gang sign, Celtics basketball boss Danny Ainge said the three fingers represented "blood, sweat and tears."

Pierce does it before every game, Ainge said, adding that the fine would be appealed after the season.

Pierce said he didn't want to take any focus away from the playoffs, and added that his foundation is committed to helping urban youth stay away from gangs.

"I am extremely proud of the work I have done through the foundation to provide positive influences and safe havens for inner city kids," he said.

PGAPpfrf4fk

Marklar MM
04-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Lmfao

Armando
04-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I like how Stern at Game 4 said that menacing gestures are whatever Stu Jackson says are menacing gestures.

duncan228
04-30-2008, 11:49 PM
More conversation here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93449

baseline bum
04-30-2008, 11:50 PM
So Pierce is a slob?

gmanrulz
05-01-2008, 12:06 AM
More conversation here:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93449

my fault

duncan228
05-01-2008, 12:26 AM
my fault

No, no fault. It's buried. I only linked it because there was conversation. :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2008, 12:46 AM
25 k for that? I'd hate to see what would happen if he did something serious like starting a fight, or pushing a ref.

Indazone
05-01-2008, 01:08 AM
25 k for that? I'd hate to see what would happen if he did something serious like starting a fight, or pushing a ref.

You mean like Kevin Garnett? Seriously the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

Indazone
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
I still say that they should have fined Garnett 50,000 dollars for pushing the ref. As for the gang sign, he can hang out with his Buddy Josh Howard and Jamal Tinsly in the off season toking and brandishing their guns. What a waste of humanity. Stupid Thugs

PlayoffEx-static
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
:loserPierce is from Inglewood CA, an area well know for its blood gangs. I was shocked when I saw him throw up the B-sign during that game. I had no idea Stu knew what that meant. They should have fined his ass more for promoting gangs. Fuccing loser

Someone associated with this site knows a player that's tight with Pierce and talks to him on a regular basis. It was definitely Blood signs. The player is currently out of the country playing internationally, and hadn't seen the video, but immediately said that it was gang signs when told about the flash. Subsequent viewing of the video only confirmed it for him. He says Pierce does this all the time.

Thanks, NBA for ignoring your model franchise for the last 10 years and pimping these gang bangers. I guess anything is worth a rating point, eh Mr. Stern?

Armando
05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Someone associated with this site knows a player that's tight with Pierce and talks to him on a regular basis. It was definitely Blood signs. The player is currently out of the country playing internationally, and hadn't seen the video, but immediately said that it was gang signs when told about the flash. Subsequent viewing of the video only confirmed it for him. He says Pierce does this all the time.

Thanks, NBA for ignoring your model franchise for the last 10 years and pimping these gang bangers. I guess anything is worth a rating point, eh Mr. Stern?

Who is this player?

PlayoffEx-static
05-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Who is this player?

Check your PMs.

PlayoffEx-static
05-04-2008, 02:57 PM
This source also told me that the player source said that another player who flashes a similar sign, JR Smith, is NOT flashing gang signs. His only symbolizes a made 3 pointer.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 02:59 PM
The "blood, sweat and tears" thing is funny.

Who the hell glares at someone who trash-talks you, walk over to their bench with a swagger and then suddenly say "Blood, Sweat, and Tears!" That doesn't even sound believable.

PlayoffEx-static
05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
The "blood, sweat and tears" thing is funny.

Who the hell glares at someone who trash-talks you, walk over to their bench with a swagger and then suddenly say "Blood, Sweat, and Tears!" That doesn't even sound believable.

Well, the "Blood" part is right, anyway...

TDMVPDPOY
05-04-2008, 09:12 PM
PP is a punk, what gang does he belong to?

yeh where was his gang when he got stab?

dirk4mvp
05-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I'd rather have a pothead than a fake thug on my team :lol

Fillmoe
05-04-2008, 09:19 PM
fake thug = still in playoffs

pothead = at home smoking pot

dirk4mvp
05-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I'd rather have a pothead than a fake thug on my team :lol

You're right.

I'd take Josh Howard over Fillmoe too.

samikeyp
05-04-2008, 10:32 PM
:lol

Dumbass.

GuerillaBlack
05-04-2008, 10:45 PM
:loserPierce is from Inglewood CA, an area well know for its blood gangs. I was shocked when I saw him throw up the B-sign during that game. I had no idea Stu knew what that meant. They should have fined his ass more for promoting gangs. Fuccing loser

So you decide to not use "CK" in "fuck"? You promotin, too?

JackArse
05-04-2008, 11:17 PM
This source also told me that the player source said that another player who flashes a similar sign, JR Smith, is NOT flashing gang signs. His only symbolizes a made 3 pointer.

aye, Q richardson does the same as doe... did air mcnair. it's from their fraternity.

paul pierce also grew up with 'the game' who in his raps also talks about this set of the bloods from the oakland area.

and i doubt that stu or spern knew it was a gang sign, someone else probably emailed them to tell them.

jmard5
05-04-2008, 11:21 PM

Same as Jose Calderon.

dallaskd
05-04-2008, 11:25 PM
no way that means "sweat blood and tears"

and if it does...why do it then?

dirk4mvp
05-04-2008, 11:37 PM
:lol I like how he brings up work he's done for the city's kids after this. Like that's supposed to save him or something? :lol

Red Hawk #21
05-04-2008, 11:41 PM
"Blood, Sweat and tears lmao, what a joke lol

BlackSwordsMan
05-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Does Paul Pierce have to choke a bitch?

mavs>spurs2
05-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm a blood and don't see what the big deal is. He probably joined as a young teen living in the projects looking for some protection, and once you join death is the only way out. It's not like it's something he can just denounce and pretend he's not.

GuerillaBlack
05-04-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm a blood and don't see what the big deal is. He probably joined as a young teen living in the projects looking for some protection, and once you join death is the only way out. It's not like it's something he can just denounce and pretend he's not.

You're not a blood. Shut the hell up.

BlackSwordsMan
05-05-2008, 12:11 AM
rofl a blood living in dallas

BlackSwordsMan
05-05-2008, 12:11 AM
myspace.com/wehatecrips
Is that how you joined the bloods?

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 12:13 AM
rofl a blood living in dallas

Are you high? You don't think theres bloods living in Dallas? Besides, I don't even stay in Dallas, I'm from Forest Hill.

GuerillaBlack
05-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Are you high? You don't think theres bloods living in Dallas? Besides, I don't even stay in Dallas, I'm from Forrest Hill.

Forest Hill? Ahahaha. You ain't a blood.

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Forest Hill Bounty Hunters that's my set

GuerillaBlack
05-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Forest Hill Bounty Hunters
Bull fucking shit. Don't play. The bloods on that side of Funky Town stay near Truman Street (TSB). Stop making shit up.

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Bull fucking shit. Don't play. The bloods on that side of Funky Town stay near Truman Street (TSB). Stop making shit up.

Sounds like you don't know your shit

GuerillaBlack
05-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Sounds like you don't know your shit

I know damn well not to false claim like you. Security of the internet.

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I know damn well not to false claim like you. Security of the internet.

No one is false claimin busta. We're all over south fort worth and forest hill

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 12:31 AM
The bloods on that side of Funky Town stay near Truman Street (TSB).

You're thinking of the texas head bustas aka truman street bloods

GuerillaBlack
05-05-2008, 12:34 AM
^^That's what I said. TSB.

No one is false claimin busta. We're all over south fort worth and forrest hill

Oh really? I go to the barber shop on Forest Hill drive and 20, and have not seen a single one of you BH. All C^. Do you hide in houses?

Findog
05-05-2008, 12:36 AM
wow you guys are real close to where I grew up. My parents live off of McCart and Altamesa.

GuerillaBlack
05-05-2008, 12:37 AM
wow you guys are real close to where I grew up. My parents live off of McCart and Altamesa.

I'll say hi.

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 12:39 AM

Oh really? I go to the barber shop on Forest Hill drive and 20, and have not seen a single one of you BH. All C^. Do you hide in houses?

Bullshit. That's right over by TCC south, where I go to school. Maybe you aren't lookin hard enough or you tryin to fuck with me.

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 12:41 AM

I go to the barber shop on Forest Hill drive and 20

Wait, Jack's?

GuerillaBlack
05-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Bullshit. That's right over by TCC south, where I go to school. Maybe you aren't lookin hard enough or you tryin to fuck with me.
I don't ever see you BH. That's why I get my cuts at. I'm going tomorrow actually.

MajicMan
05-05-2008, 01:02 AM

stupid....you can be in a gang and not bang anymore. he flashed his gang sign as if he were still 18 yrs old. that just goes to show how dense and stupid this guy is. he prob deserved to be shanked 11 times. guy is dumb and still hasn't learned his lesson. putting your business out there on national tv ain't a smart thing. what if a crip decides to take him out just for the glory. loser needs to flash his set because he can't deal with Horford himself. it's not like Horford did something to one of family members or kicked his puppy that requires your peopl getting involved. pierce=wanksta

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 01:26 AM
stupid....you can be in a gang and not bang anymore. he flashed his gang sign as if he were still 18 yrs old. that just goes to show how dense and stupid this guy is. he prob deserved to be shanked 11 times. guy is dumb and still hasn't learned his lesson. putting your business out there on national tv ain't a smart thing. what if a crip decides to take him out just for the glory. loser needs to flash his set because he can't deal with Horford himself. it's not like Horford did something to one of family members or kicked his puppy that requires your peopl getting involved. pierce=wanksta

This is all true. Throwing it up on national tv probably wasn't the smartest idea.

jmard5
05-05-2008, 01:45 AM

If he is indeed a gang member, and he denied outright that he flashed it because it symbolizes something else... would they consider him denouncing his gang?

mavs>spurs2
05-05-2008, 01:50 AM
If he is indeed a gang member, and he denied outright that he flashed it because it symbolizes something else... would they consider him denouncing his gang?

Yes. I didn't even think about that at first, but you're right.

jmard5
05-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Yes. I didn't even think about that at first, but you're right.

My bad, it was Doc Rivers that said it was blood, sweat and tears. Dunno if that would let him off the hook.