PDA

View Full Version : Duncan/Garnett commercial

xtremesteven33
04-30-2008, 11:55 PM
ucgIER7ZiQU

i love this commercial, maybe a foreshadowing of things to come?

Garnett dominates the East and then meets his arch nemesis in the Finals.....

Brutalis
04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Nah that's so old.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2008, 12:11 AM
KG has not done enough against the shitty Hawks, he better pray he does not see TD in the finals, he will get his ass kicked.

SPARKY
05-01-2008, 12:15 AM
The Hawks might just take them 7 games. It'll be interesting to see how they perform in a close out game against the 8th seed in the East.

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 12:16 AM
How do they fare against each other? I heard Garnett guards him really well but I hope that really hope that isn't the case :)

m33p0
05-01-2008, 02:43 AM
How do they fare against each other? I heard Garnett guards him really well but I hope that really hope that isn't the case :)
head-to-head, duncan has the advantage, some would even say duncan has dominated. also, playoff duncan is a totally different beast. he's nothing like the bored duncan of the regular season.

*cue 228 with the stats*

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 03:23 AM
Duncan doesn't like KG, and makes a point of playing well against him. Boston isn't making it out of the east without a LOT of help, though. They are just too easy to rattle.

xtremesteven33
05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
i think they respect each other but you wont see them exhanging christmas cards

duncan228
05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
*cue 228 with the stats*

:lol

I don't know the head-to-head stats off the top of my head, I'll see if I can post them later.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2008, 11:18 AM
KG is a very good guy off the court but man on the court he is a big time trash talker and a hot head. You get in that guys face and is willing to throw down right then and there. He threw a ref out of his way just so he could go back into the fray and talk more shit to the Hawks.

JamStone
05-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I thought KG and Tim actually do like each other.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Didn't they get into it some years back?? I remember a game where KG got in Tim's face and they both got tossed or one of them got tossed. THey have done some of those Addidas Ads together and i remember watching the behind the scenes they seemed to be talking and getting along well. I would bet though there is some competitive jealousy on KG's part since Tim has all the rings and he has yet to win one.

duncan228
05-01-2008, 11:30 AM

They do a lot of stuff together for adidas. Anything I've read or seen looks like they get along fine. I think off the court is different than on the court. When they're playing against each other it's all business. But when they're hanging around at the All Star break or doing adidas publicity it's friendly.

BiZNicK
05-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Duncan > KG

Even without being biased.

duncan228
05-01-2008, 11:32 AM
dbreiden83080, I type too slow. :lol

dbreiden83080
05-01-2008, 11:33 AM
dbreiden83080, I type too slow. :lol

That's ok keep posting the articles with the Hornets acting overconfident, they are making me smile bigger and bigger. :toast

JamStone
05-01-2008, 11:33 AM
I also recall an interview with KG, Tim, and T-Mac several years ago for either SLAM or maybe SI, and KG and Tim seemed more than just "friendly." The article made it seem like they were really cool with each other. The article was maybe 2-3 years ago, possibly more.

JamStone
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Duncan > KG

Even without being biased.

Considering Duncan > any power forward in the history of the game, and considering 99.9% of the known universe would agree, I don't think you needed to type that, Captain Obvioius.

still.focused
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Ahhh the old Nike days

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I also recall an interview with KG, Tim, and T-Mac several years ago for either SLAM or maybe SI, and KG and Tim seemed more than just "friendly." The article made it seem like they were really cool with each other. The article was maybe 2-3 years ago, possibly more.

I think the "you're tripping'' double technical changed Timmy's attitude toward KG. He's stepped it up against him ever since.

NoMoneyDown
05-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Didn't they get into it some years back?? I remember a game where KG got in Tim's face and they both got tossed or one of them got tossed. THey have done some of those Addidas Ads together and i remember watching the behind the scenes they seemed to be talking and getting along well. I would bet though there is some competitive jealousy on KG's part since Tim has all the rings and he has yet to win one.

I vaguely recall a PO game years back (maybe 1999?) in Minnie where the refs were discussing a call and Tim and a few other players were surrounding the refs. KG comes up behind Tim and smacks him (with an elbow?) behind his neck.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I vaguely recall a PO game years back (maybe 1999?) in Minnie where the refs were discussing a call and Tim and a few other players were surrounding the refs. KG comes up behind Tim and smacks him (with an elbow?) behind his neck.

Yep, that was in '99. KG's response to Robinson pushing him away by the face was to hit Timmy from behind. Wouldn't surprise me if that enters into it as well.

Strike
05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
KG is a very good guy off the court but man on the court he is a big time trash talker and a hot head. You get in that guys face and is willing to throw down right then and there.

After he backs off, then tries to get back into it when his other 4 teammates get into it. He's a much bigger bitch than people think he is.

duncan228
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Garnett speaks on not getting along with Duncan. From October '07. He says they get along now, for the last 4-5 years, but before that they didn't speak. It was a competitive thing. Click the link for the video, it won't embed.

http://dimemag.com/2007/10/26/more-with-kg/

More With KG
By Patrick Cassidy

Kevin Garnett’s competitive nature is the stuff of legend - it’s something that’s brought up in almost every single KG story ever written. It’s definitely not an act. I’ve seen the competitive nature first-hand multiple times, from when he put his own sister “in the chamber” on the Target Center’s court after our photo shoot for his Dime cover story last season to this past summer in LA on the adidas “Brotherhood” commercial set when he was beasting high school kids in a pickup game.

When I interviewed him out in LA though, I was surprised when Kevin admitted to me that he goes at his friends differently than he does strangers and that, for a long time, he wasn’t cool at all with Tim Duncan …

Killakobe81
05-01-2008, 12:33 PM
of course duncan is better but KG would be highly motivated

JamStone
05-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Garnett speaks on not getting along with Duncan. From October '07. He says they get along now, for the last 4-5 years, but before that they didn't speak. It was a competitive thing. Click the link for the video, it won't embed.

http://dimemag.com/2007/10/26/more-with-kg/

More With KG
By Patrick Cassidy

Kevin Garnett’s competitive nature is the stuff of legend - it’s something that’s brought up in almost every single KG story ever written. It’s definitely not an act. I’ve seen the competitive nature first-hand multiple times, from when he put his own sister “in the chamber” on the Target Center’s court after our photo shoot for his Dime cover story last season to this past summer in LA on the adidas “Brotherhood” commercial set when he was beasting high school kids in a pickup game.

When I interviewed him out in LA though, I was surprised when Kevin admitted to me that he goes at his friends differently than he does strangers and that, for a long time, he wasn’t cool at all with Tim Duncan …

Good video. That's how I viewed the relationship between KG and Tim. I think KG definitely is jealous of Tim, but also respects the hell out of him. And, for a long time it was his competitive nature that wouldn't allow him to be friends with him for a long time.

duncan228
05-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Good video.

I like hearing it from the player. It's still easy to interpret what he says different ways but at least it's a solid start.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Good video. That's how I viewed the relationship between KG and Tim. I think KG definitely is jealous of Tim, but also respects the hell out of him. And, for a long time it was his competitive nature that wouldn't allow him to be friends with him for a long time.

THey definately are cooler with eachother now. Like i said before i have seen those behind the scenes clips of the commercials they shot and they were cool with eachother. I also remember at the All star game some years back neither of them played in the 2nd half and they were next to eachother on the bench chatting for basically the whole 2nd half. They are not friends but a good healthy respect is there and i think they get along fine.

oboymeetsogirl
05-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, I don't blame Garnett for being unruly around Timmy. Must be downright irritating playing against another big guy, only with with four rings to your none (correct me if I'm wrong: Garnett has yet to take a team past the first round?).

That said, I won't think about it anymore... not until we get past the Hornets and whoever comes up next. And besides, at the moment the Celtics seem to have their hands full themselves... finding that it's a lot tougher beating on a team in the postseason than it is in the regular season.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
(correct me if I'm wrong: Garnett has yet to take a team past the first round?).

That is correct. He's been to the WCF before, but Sprewell and Cassell took the team there.