PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Spurs Fans?

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Hi, Ive been reading stuff on these forums for quite some time now and it seems like there are a lot of Filipinos around here which made me happy considering how much of a Spurs fan I am as well. Just sharing. :) and it's funny how all you guys own the trolls around here.

Ignignokt
05-01-2008, 12:33 AM
i knew you were asian all along.

TexSports
05-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Mabuhay Nikegirl!

anakha
05-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Musta?

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 12:45 AM
i knew you were asian all along.

How so?

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Nasa Philippines ba kayo or US? Nakakatuwa lang na may mga Pinoy na Spurs fans at nagpopost pa dito. :)

genomefreak13
05-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Welcome to spurstalk... nasa philippines

Ignignokt
05-01-2008, 02:00 AM
How so?

The nike in nikegirl probably refered to your employer.......

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:n0KQ99HcdZWq_M:http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/incrediblenyc3/master_shake.jpg
oh!!!!! I RULE YOUR WORLD!!!!

m33p0
05-01-2008, 02:01 AM
present loc: philippines. :D

L.I.T
05-01-2008, 02:04 AM
Hi

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 02:27 AM
The nike in nikegirl probably refered to your employer.......

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:n0KQ99HcdZWq_M:http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e325/incrediblenyc3/master_shake.jpg
oh!!!!! I RULE YOUR WORLD!!!!

No not really i just like nike stuff. I actually work in a bank.

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 02:28 AM
present loc: philippines. :D

Cool kala ko nasa US kayo haha so madami pala nasa pinas dito :)

Emeyin
05-01-2008, 02:38 AM
Hello and welcome!

carina_gino20
05-01-2008, 03:25 AM
singapore, pero pinas na in a couple of weeks time. woohoo!

Dim Tuncan
05-01-2008, 03:37 AM
pilipino ako!

when the spurs win i go celebrate @ jollibee

yummy yummy in my pacific islander tummy :bking

flipcritic
05-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Based in Malaysia right now.

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2008, 04:37 AM
post pics to prove ur asian?

Brox6
05-01-2008, 04:46 AM
Ako Bisaya....pero nasa UAE ngayon...

caŽlo
05-01-2008, 05:14 AM
hey nikegirl! yeah madami pinoys dito :)

last year during the spurs championship run we even had a get together :)

sayang cant find the pictures anymore :)

i'll probably set something up again :) hope you can join us :)

Geeboy
05-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Apir!

m33p0
05-01-2008, 06:03 AM
welcome dun sa mga bago. as you can see by reading the threads here, free for all dito. so if you'll be dishing out some smack, be sure you're able to take some too. have fun.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

as for the trolls, just post the recipe of your favorite dishes. :lol

Brox6
05-01-2008, 06:07 AM
matagal na akong guest mode dito sa Spurstalk. I read too many smack here especially when Mavs defeated the Spurs.

m33p0
05-01-2008, 06:12 AM
hindi na natin sila problema :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2008, 06:29 AM
damn islanders.... :D:D:D:D

Axl Van Dam
05-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi, Ive been reading stuff on these forums for quite some time now and it seems like there are a lot of Filipinos around here which made me happy considering how much of a Spurs fan I am as well. Just sharing. :) and it's funny how all you guys own the trolls around here.

:downspin: Musta Nike Girl Axl Van Dam po at ako'y purong pinoy na nasa 'Pinas. Patuloy natin suportahan ang San Antonio para sa ikalimang :lobt2: SUGOD SPURS SUGOD :flag::flag::flag:

TheTruth
05-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Filipino living in America here. Welcome to the board.

fyatuk
05-01-2008, 07:42 AM

One of my friends is a filipino Spurs fan. It's weird, but for some reason, i've met a lot of filipinos in my life. Not sure how that worked out.

Okay, that was a tangent, I'm done now :toast

jmard5
05-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the forums.

m33p0
05-01-2008, 08:13 AM
hick. :lol

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2008, 08:14 AM

KUMUSTA!...i've been here in san antonio since 1995 and became an instant SPURS fan. i've been a season ticket holder since 2003...GO SPURS GO!!!:flag:

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Really? You guys had a get together when the Spurs won the championship? Thats really cool I hope they win this year so I get to go this time. :)

Wow I'm surprised that there really are many Filipino Spurs fans around here. I mean all of my friends either like the Suns, Cavs or whoever's hot right now. The only other people I know who like the Spurs are those who used to root against the Lakers, hence, ending up rooting for the Spurs and also those who have crushes on Parker and Manu.

But me, I'm a Tim Duncan fan. It's appalling how he is so underappreciated even by Spurs fans. I think that he is and will always be the Spurs' MVP. It starts and ends with him. But thats just me. :)

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Ako Bisaya....pero nasa UAE ngayon...
pareho ta, ako gikan sa bohol...:flag:

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2008, 08:17 AM

wuz up maggot:nope

m33p0
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
KUMUSTA!...i've been here in san antonio since 1995 and became an instant SPURS fan. i've been a season ticket holder since 2003...GO SPURS GO!!!:flag:
shyeeetttt! inggit ako.

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 08:24 AM
How did you end up in San Antonio? :) lucky you. It took me forever to find a Duncan jersey here and I had to buy from Adidas so no small size for me.

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2008, 08:27 AM
shyeeetttt! inggit ako.
mahal pare. i started in 2003 at $1600/season now it's $2500/season..i'm at section 115 lower level...awesome atmosphere inside. can't beat the energy when you're at the game esp. in the playoffs...my memorable moment? when i met manu in person... :flag:

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2008, 08:35 AM
How did you end up in San Antonio? :) lucky you. It took me forever to find a Duncan jersey here and I had to buy from Adidas so no small size for me.
i'm a registerd nurse...i was initially sent to a small city of lubbock,tx some 9 hours away from san antone. i stayed there for two months before i gave my employer a word that i can't stay in that city coz i don't like it. no fun, it's a dry county, no liqours or beer are sold in stores, parang langit walang beer...hehe..he gave me choices dallas,houston or san antone, i picked san antone mainly to the weather and the spurs esp. i'm an avid basketball fan...:flag:

nikegirl
05-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Wow thats really cool you get to be a part of the Duncan Era you really are lucky. I will be going there one day. Hopefully soon while Duncan is still a beast. :) I just watched YouTube videos of downtown San Antonio after the Spurs win a championship and it's really wild, crazy, loud and fun over there! Everybody's yelling, cheering all over traffic which is totally awesome.

BiZNicK
05-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Spurs are awesome.
Spurs fans are awesome.
Therefore you are likely to be awesome as well!
Welcome.

fyatuk
05-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Spurs are awesome.
Spurs fans are awesome.
Therefore you are likely to be awesome as well!
Welcome.

Hey, I take offense to that!

I most certainly am not awesome, I completely refuse to be. I categorically deny any possibility of me being awesome!

Therefore, I claim the right to be the exception that proves the rule! :downspin:

SpursIndonesia
05-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Hmm, a lil Tagalog language lesson.

Ako = Me/I ?

Sayang = Too bad/unfortunately ?

Mahal = Expensive ?

If that's correct, hey, then our language share some similar vocabulary. :D

L.I.T
05-01-2008, 10:43 AM

Ako = Me/I ?

Mahal = Expensive ?

Malay root I think.

Duncanoypi
05-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Welcome mga pinoys!

We're the elite fans! fuck Lakers...fuck the big market!

Go SPURS Go!

Mabuhay Filipino!

JamStone
05-01-2008, 11:01 AM
baho ang puwet mo

carina_gino20
05-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Ako = Me/I ?

Mahal = Expensive ?

Yup. Spot on. I've got a lot of Indonesian friends and they are always surprised when I begin asking them if a word means this or that.

carina_gino20
05-01-2008, 11:02 AM
baho ang puwet mo

:lmao JamStone, are you Filipino? Or did you just specifically learn that phrase?

JamStone
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Tunay Pilipino. Pero ipinanganak ako dito sa Detroit.

jmard5
05-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Tunay Pilipino. Pero ipinanganak ako dito sa Detroit.

I'd believe you if you translate into Tagalog the title under your Avatar. :p:

Southwest Texas Fan
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
singapore, pero pinas na in a couple of weeks time. woohoo!

Been to Singapore its beautiful. Sentosa Island.

anjlbitz
05-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Pinay in the US..

Madami din pala Spurs fans.. Akala ko puro Laker fans :lol:

Alamo Boy
05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
pinoy here in united states, born in houston, went to college in san antonio, now working in new jersey :)

my dad is from mindinao and my mom is from iloilo

im planning to go to philippines this fall, who wants to party with me in makati :) first couple rounds on me

Alamo Boy
05-01-2008, 10:22 PM
i'm a registerd nurse...i was initially sent to a small city of lubbock,tx some 9 hours away from san antone. i stayed there for two months before i gave my employer a word that i can't stay in that city coz i don't like it. no fun, it's a dry county, no liqours or beer are sold in stores, parang langit walang beer...hehe..he gave me choices dallas,houston or san antone, i picked san antone mainly to the weather and the spurs esp. i'm an avid basketball fan...:flag:

i cant believe they gave you an option to let you leave like that :lol are you from bohol? ive got a lot of family friends in houston from there

JamStone
05-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I'd believe you if you translate into Tagalog the title under your Avatar. :p:

"Walang sinungaling ang bola"

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2008, 10:34 PM
i cant believe they gave you an option to let you leave like that :lol are you from bohol? ive got a lot of family friends in houston from there
yup. my employer had no choice. i know there's a lot of pinoys from bohol in houston i know some who are from my hometown...you know bohol is a nice tourist island? white sand beaches etc...check it out...:flag:

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2008, 10:35 PM
"Walang sinungaling ang bola"
mali:lol

Alamo Boy
05-01-2008, 10:35 PM
yup. my employer had no choice. i know there's a lot of pinoys from bohol in houston i know some who are from my hometown...you know bohol is a nice tourist island? white sand beaches etc...check it out...:flag:

yes i do know bohol is a nice area....are your friends part of the houston bohol organization?

JamStone
05-01-2008, 10:49 PM
mali:lol

Why is it wrong?

SpursHI21
05-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Aloha, everyone!

I'm also a Filipino Spurs Fan from Hawaii. People here are mostly Laker fans. Some i know are Suns fans or Cavs fans. Or just a bandwagoner.

Mabuhay, Spurs!

SPURSCHAMPS
05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Mabuhay mga kababayan. I'm also a Filipino currently living here in Tennessee.My home town back home is Baguio City.Been an avid fan of the Spurs since they won the championship in 2003.Came here in the US in 2002. Go Spurs Go at mabuhay tayong lahat!!!!

FilSpursFan
05-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Apiiir mga kababayan! From Butuan City....! Matagal na rin akong lurker dito...:rollin

GO SPURS GO :flag::flag::flag:

Alamo Boy
05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Mabuhay mga kababayan. I'm also a Filipino currently living here in Tennessee.My home town back home is Baguio City.Been an avid fan of the Spurs since they won the championship in 2003.Came here in the US in 2002. Go Spurs Go at mabuhay tayong lahat!!!!

what brought you all the way to tennessee

Alamo Boy
05-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Aloha, everyone!

I'm also a Filipino Spurs Fan from Hawaii. People here are mostly Laker fans. Some i know are Suns fans or Cavs fans. Or just a bandwagoner.

Mabuhay, Spurs!

ive always thought of moving to hawaii...i heard they dont like outsiders, how true is that

circles_eternal
05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
i've been a lurker here for a while. :]
there's no place like ST for spurs fans!

carina_gino20
05-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Why is it wrong?

"Walang sinungaling ang bola" sounds awkward and would roughly translate to "There is no lie in the ball"

"Ball don't (doesn't) lie" would translate to "Hindi nagsisinungaling ang bola."

carina_gino20
05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Been to Singapore its beautiful. Sentosa Island.

Singapore is a pretty nice place to live in--safe and very clean. The cost of living is a bit expensive though.

But it would suck to be an NBA fan, even more to be a Spurs fan, here, if you don't have the internet. I'd probably go crazy without it. It's pretty much all football here. The Sports page is about 90% football.

pawe
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Hey hey! Im from Cavite but Im presently residing here in Phoenix,AZ right now..yeah I know, im in enemy territory! hehe
Malas nila kasi eliminated sila lagi sa atin so I have all the bragging rights and the mantle to talk smack whenever I want to..til the playoffs next year though.

milkyway21
05-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Nice of you for joining us, Nikegirl.

pawe
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Its amazing to see a lot of Spork fans here from the PI considering we are notorious for picking teams hyped up by the media. I remember nakikipag pustahan ako dati on playoff games with the same person since '99 and with all those years, he would not stick to one team. I asked him about it and his answer is because they're the team that's everyone's been buzzing about year.
*waiting for see a shrink reply* :lol

SequSpur
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Well, I like the buffet.........

jbspurs
05-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Cool kala ko nasa US kayo haha so madami pala nasa pinas dito :)

Pinoy here!!! musta ? California

jbspurs
05-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey hey! Im from Cavite but Im presently residing here in Phoenix,AZ right now..yeah I know, im in enemy territory! hehe
Malas nila kasi eliminated sila lagi sa atin so I have all the bragging rights and the mantle to talk smack whenever I want to..til the playoffs next year though.

Noveleta ako!

milkyway21
05-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Well, I like the buffet.........NikeGirl, let me introduce you to SequSpur,

who likes fortune cookies, wanton soup and rice:hungry: other than pies...

wijayas
05-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Singapore is a pretty nice place to live in--safe and very clean. The cost of living is a bit expensive though.

But it would suck to be an NBA fan, even more to be a Spurs fan, here, if you don't have the internet. I'd probably go crazy without it. It's pretty much all football here. The Sports page is about 90% football.

Very true. I live in Singapore too although I am not Filipino. DO you know a sports bar or a place where we can watch the Spurs? There is no NBA TV here and the ESPN only show one NBA game a week, if we are lucky.

JamStone
05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
"Walang sinungaling ang bola" sounds awkward and would roughly translate to "There is no lie in the ball"

"Ball don't (doesn't) lie" would translate to "Hindi nagsisinungaling ang bola."

So it's wrong on technicalities of translation? Sabi ko na. Ipinanganak ako dito sa States. Hindi naman mahusay ako magsalita. Considering I don't get a lot of practice speaking, that's a pretty decent translation.

jmard5
05-02-2008, 02:41 AM
So it's wrong on technicalities of translation? Sabi ko na. Ipinanganak ako dito sa States. Hindi naman mahusay ako magsalita. Considering I don't get a lot of practice speaking, that's a pretty decent translation.

Well, it's close. But, ok. I believe you. :toast

SpursHI21
05-02-2008, 03:17 AM
ive always thought of moving to hawaii...i heard they dont like outsiders, how true is that

Not true. If you're Pinoy, you'll fit in perfectly pero 'pag puti or itim ka, you'll experience culture-shock talaga. Kahit na Pinoy ka but you're used to Mainland style, you'll experience culture-shock pa rin pero konti lang or you adjust a little better. Mga Pilipino dito, karamihan ay mga Ilokano. I'm Ilokano myself.

If you're a laid back person, you'll love the easy, living. There are so many kinds of Asian ancestry and Pacific Islanders living in here. We have this thing called "Aloha" spirit that we share no matter what race you are. Aloha means sharing your love/compassion/hospitality sincerely, gracefully with someone no matter who or what they are. The only problem with people from the mainland is sometimes, not all the time, they act like they know better or they feel like they deserve better just because they're from the Mainland. Pero pag-humble ka lang, kool ka dito. Just my 2 cents....

Brox6
05-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Mabuhay ang Pilipino!!

genomefreak13
05-02-2008, 03:55 AM
im planning to go to philippines this fall, who wants to party with me in makati :) first couple rounds on me

Hey...Are you true to your word? Count me in hahaha!

ilovethespurs
05-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Hi sa lahat ng mga Pinoy dito na Spurs fans din!
Sa mga taga- Metro Manila, kitakits tayo pag nakalima na ang team natin.

:flag::lobt2:

m33p0
05-02-2008, 06:23 AM

closest idiomatic translation is "Bilog ang bola".

carina_gino20
05-02-2008, 06:27 AM

Yup. Not a bad one. And from the way you speak Tagalog, seems like you're really just out of practice. Pero kahit papano, alam mo pa rin. :toast

Very true. I live in Singapore too although I am not Filipino. DO you know a sports bar or a place where we can watch the Spurs? There is no NBA TV here and the ESPN only show one NBA game a week, if we are lucky.

I'm still in uni, so I don't really know about good sports bars to watch basketball. And I think it will still be all football. My first year here, I pretty much relied on live updates. Thank God for streaming sites.:lol

TheTruth
05-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Apiiir mga kababayan! From Butuan City....! Matagal na rin akong lurker dito...:rollin

GO SPURS GO :flag::flag::flag:

My family is from Butuan City.

My dad was in the US Air Force stationed in Manila when he met my mom. I lived on the islands for 3 years before we moved. I've lived all over the world, but San Antonio is now my home. GO SPURS GO!

Cr0vax
05-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Hello guys!

matagal na ko member, di lang me nagpost palagi.

Hintayin ko ung gathering pag nanalo spurs!!!

Brox6
05-02-2008, 08:00 AM

My dad was in the US Air Force stationed in Manila when he met my mom. I lived on the islands for 3 years before we moved. I've lived all over the world, but San Antonio is now my home. GO SPURS GO!

Mga kabs..asa diay mo sa Butuan?

Amo kagikan sa Butuan man sad ..taga Guingona mi..

nikegirl
05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Nice of you for joining us, Nikegirl.

Thanks very much! I never thought I'd find a place with this many Spurs fans! We could make village already. :)

nikegirl
05-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Pinoy here!!! musta ? California

Haha astig! Where in California? I've always wanted to live there after I got hooked to The OC. Very nice houses indeed. But for now, Punta Fuego would do. Haha

nikegirl
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey...Are you true to your word? Count me in hahaha!

Me too! :)

Duncanoypi
05-02-2008, 09:58 AM
pag nakaabot tayo ng finals....GTG! wohoooo!

milky will be the organizer!...hehe

abelle23
05-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Noveleta ako!

indang, cavite...:toast

welcome to the forum nikegirl! yey dami na natin pinay dito!

jbspurs
05-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Haha astig! Where in California? I've always wanted to live there after I got hooked to The OC. Very nice houses indeed. But for now, Punta Fuego would do. Haha

IM a die hard Spurs fan living here in the Bayarea.. Northern Cali. You should come here and visit sometime. I'll show you around "kung hot ka"! J/K

jbspurs
05-02-2008, 10:37 AM
indang, cavite...:toast

welcome to the forum nikegirl! yey dami na natin pinay dito!

I remember we used to go there like every other week. If I am not mistaken, I think it was the Ravelo's and Mojica's we used to visit.

SpursIndonesia
05-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Bola = Ball, another shared word beetween our languages. :D

Supreme_Being
05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Ako. From bonifacio global city. :P

SPURSCHAMPS
05-02-2008, 12:01 PM
what brought you all the way to tennessee
I'm a registered Nurse and was able to land a job in one of the hospitals here.I'm an hour drive north of Memphis.

Alamo Boy
05-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Me too! :)

i'll be true to my word as long as everyones having fun and not there just to get drinks and leave :lol

i went there in 2005 and went to the fort and i want to go back this fall, do yal go to the fort

Alamo Boy
05-02-2008, 12:52 PM
how old is everyone here

abelle23
05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
old enough to drink :hat

caŽlo
05-02-2008, 01:12 PM
hey guys!

glad to see andami na natin sobra dito :)

last championship run ng spurs sobrang hirap maghanap ng mga sasama :)

right milky? hehe

pero if u guys maski naman hindi pa championship pwede naman tayo mag organize.

watch in a fella members thread or sumtin :)

tapos chip in na lang for everything.

sagot ko na beer :) hehe

Man In Black
05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Family is from Kawit, Cavite but now we call San Diego, California home.

Spurs...ITO ANG TEAM!!!

cnyc3
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
wow i didn't realize there were so many!

kamusta kayong lahat??

i'm Filipino located in Steve Nash's Backyard :D

BOHOLANO#21
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
wow i didn't realize there were so many!

kamusta kayong lahat??

i'm Filipino located in Steve Nash's Backyard :D
kumusta ka rin! must be hard to wear a spurs jersey there huh...:flag:

krinkx
05-02-2008, 10:18 PM
nagado nga spurs fan ah... taga-baguio ak! umali kasna!

gl0b3_tr3kk3r
05-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Go Spurs Go!!!

gl0b3_tr3kk3r
05-02-2008, 10:49 PM

hi bro, your avatar looks familiar...:lobt2:

nikegirl
05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
i'll be true to my word as long as everyones having fun and not there just to get drinks and leave :lol

i went there in 2005 and went to the fort and i want to go back this fall, do yal go to the fort

Of course! We're partying for the Spurs!:flag: Yup it's okay over there. :)

Flux451
05-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Mahal Kita.

dallaskd
05-02-2008, 11:47 PM
ngha lospo hupou kaseta dobpo kolo kita!!!

pawe
05-02-2008, 11:51 PM
dang, dami palang pinoy dito kaso halos lahat yata lurker like me. anyways, it's nice to know di lang argies ang madami dito (coz of Manu). Pano pa kaya if the Spurs drafted a player from the PBA..pero i highly doubt that..hehe

FilSpursFan
05-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Mga kabs..asa diay mo sa Butuan?

Amo kagikan sa Butuan man sad ..taga Guingona mi..

Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post

My parents are Boholanos, I'm now Alviola Village. Its nice to know there are fellow Butuanons here.

GO SPURS GO :flag:

caŽlo
05-02-2008, 11:58 PM
diba dati dapat si johhny abarientos? hehee

FilSpursFan
05-03-2008, 12:00 AM
pag nakaabot tayo ng finals....GTG! wohoooo!

milky will be the organizer!...hehe

San ang venue?

SequSpur
05-03-2008, 12:01 AM
egg rolls.

anjlbitz
05-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Egg Rolls = Chinese

Lumpia = Pinoy

Brox6
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
diba dati dapat si johhny abarientos? hehee

Wala, invite lang iyun sa training camp pero walang kasiguraduhan. alam mo naman pag training camp kailangan talaga mag stand out ka sa lahat para makita ka ng scout.

:flag::flag:

L.I.T
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
I live in makati.

Some decent places in the fort, Boni high and serendra. Not sure for game watching though...

SequSpur
05-03-2008, 12:22 AM
whatever, an egg roll is a fukin egg roll...

oriental is oriental.

rice is rice...

late...

milkyway21
05-03-2008, 12:52 AM
whatever, an egg roll is a fukin egg roll...

oriental is oriental.

rice is rice...

late...
we are on panic-buying on rice right now sequ.
I heard the Igorots turned to singing rap than plant rice :lol

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/77/168049995_f591181d4f_m.jpg

that's why we are importing from you (U.S.).but your rice is not rice.

so right now , I eat quaker oats or pasta :hungry: :lmao

pasta -my forefather's(Italians), favorite.

m33p0
05-03-2008, 12:58 AM
"there is no rice shortage."
:flipoff

Brox6
05-03-2008, 01:01 AM
"I am Sorry"

Alamo Boy
05-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I live in makati.

Some decent places in the fort, Boni high and serendra. Not sure for game watching though...

damn i forgot what club i went to at the fort, i think it was called embassy, anyone go there? i liked that nightclub alot

im 25, i feel like im among the younger ones in this thread though :lol

milkyway21
05-03-2008, 01:06 AM
"there is no rice shortage."
:flipoffthere is...(in the markets acc. to..):lol

are you angry with me...? :depressed :D

milkyway21
05-03-2008, 01:09 AM
damn i forgot what club i went to at the fort, i think it was called embassy, anyone go there? i liked that nightclub alot

im 25, i feel like im among the younger ones in this thread though :lolyeah, Embassy. It's one of the best, right now.

pawe
05-03-2008, 01:34 AM
costco even limits their sale on rice right now so i think there is major rice shortage. Its funny coz the Philippines is an agricultural country but cant even supply our own nation with rice. damn corrupt gov officials!

m33p0
05-03-2008, 01:38 AM
there is...(in the markets acc. to..):lol

are you angry with me...? :depressed :D
that's what the 'quote unquote' AD-MINIS-TRA-SHUN said a couple of months ago. fuck em. fuck em all to hell.

what kind of an agricultural society are we if we can't even feed ourselves?

m33p0
05-03-2008, 01:39 AM
costco even limits their sale on rice right now so i think there is major rice shortage. Its funny coz the Philippines is an agricultural country but cant even supply our own nation with rice. damn corrupt gov officials!
*points at the constitution and in particular, the CARP, as the freaking reason.*

Brox6
05-03-2008, 01:40 AM
yeah, Embassy. It's one of the best, right now.

yeah..maraming rin hotties diyan...:downspin:

Rice shortage no more..:ihit

milkyway21
05-03-2008, 01:40 AM
that's what the 'quote unquote' AD-MINIS-TRA-SHUN said a couple of months ago. fuck em. fuck em all to hell.

what kind of an agricultural society are we if we can't even feed ourselves?

IT'S ABOUT THE 2010 you know!

Alamo Boy
05-03-2008, 01:57 AM
we are on panic-buying on rice right now sequ.
I heard the Igorots turned to singing rap than plant rice :lol

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/77/168049995_f591181d4f_m.jpg

that's why we are importing from you (U.S.).but your rice is not rice.

so right now , I eat quaker oats or pasta :hungry: :lmao

pasta -my forefather's(Italians), favorite.

if i was visiting my relatives and was forced to eat pasta i would go insane

pawe
05-03-2008, 02:22 AM
This is why I love the Spurs! With all the negative things happening everyday in the world, I can always find my happy place whenever I watch them play.
*thanks again milky for the championship DVD i won from you* :)

L.I.T
05-03-2008, 04:13 AM

im 25, i feel like im among the younger ones in this thread though :lol

25 too. Embassy is ok. There is also a place called ascend i think up in boni high.

L.I.T
05-03-2008, 04:15 AM
*points at the constitution and in particular, the CARP, as the freaking reason.*

ah yes, that and the provincial politicians. Gotta love it.

Ignignokt
05-03-2008, 04:42 AM
One dolla make you holla!!

m33p0
05-03-2008, 05:02 AM
One dolla make you holla!!
:nope:nope:nope
that's vietnam. we're from the philippines, you dumbass.

and that is not very funny.

jbspurs
05-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Family is from Kawit, Cavite but now we call San Diego, California home.

Spurs...ITO ANG TEAM!!!

Alumni ako sa SAINT MARY MAGDALENE SCHOOL

jbspurs
05-03-2008, 10:44 AM

WALA NA PURO SUBDIVISION NA!

Ignignokt
05-03-2008, 05:17 PM
where do i find some filipino brides?

cnyc3
05-04-2008, 11:00 PM

it's alright, most of the suns fans out here are not really "basketball" fans anyway.. they're like real life trolls lol :rollin

pawe
05-04-2008, 11:22 PM
where do i find some filipino brides?

haven't you heard of google yet? You fail at the internets.

Brox6
05-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Mukhang alanganin ang Spurs sa Hornets...

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 11:50 PM
haven't you heard of google yet? You fail at the internets.

It's Internet there is only one.:toast

pawe
05-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Nah, they'll come through! See, Duncan had a miserable game, that wont happen anytime soon against the hornets. All he needs to do is stop whining to the refs, get into the game and stay focused. He's been double teamed a lot of times and he knows how to handle that. Believe my friend!

pawe
05-05-2008, 12:06 AM
It's Internet there is only one.:toast

The president of the United States of Earth doesn't think so

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/-/bush_internets.jpg

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 01:58 AM
diehard Spurs fan here.

I'm amazed there are actually a lot of filipino spurs fans here.. what with Filipinos usually preferring the Kobe's, the Lebron's, et al. of the NBA.

Brox6
05-05-2008, 02:17 AM
diehard Spurs fan here.

I'm amazed there are actually a lot of filipino spurs fans here.. what with Filipinos usually preferring the Kobe's, the Lebron's, et al. of the NBA.

Kobe who?? Lebron who?? Never heard of them..I only know TD21, Manu, TP and Spurs in NBA...:flag:

pawe
05-05-2008, 02:21 AM
diehard Spurs fan here.

That's why Pinoy basketball is fucked up. Emulating high flyers, dunkers and flashy players rather than a team play approach like what argentina does. Don't they realize we lack the size and athleticism to do those things? :lol

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Homerism :/

Not that they aren't good players in their own right. But.. I agree with you, pawe. I lol at freaking EVERYONE (from your standard high school varsity kid trying to do 360's, to pretty much everyone in a pick up game) trying to emulate those people.

Not to mention most of us think "OMG Wade's team won! He's the best!" or similar stuff. I can die happy the day I meet a basketball purist here in the Philippines. There just aren't many people who appreciate the impact Duncan has on the game.

Brox6
05-05-2008, 02:47 AM
That's why Pinoy basketball is fucked up. Emulating high flyers, dunkers and flashy players rather than a team play approach like what argentina does. Don't they realize we lack the size and athleticism to do those things? :lol

Argentina? Manu & Delfino are both high flyers, dunkers and flashy players, Argentina have the Size and Athleticism to do those things....Maybe you mean Korea team approach on basketball..WE have the same size with the Koreans maybe we are more athletic but they beat China.

pawe
05-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Are there still a lot of Fil-am players in the PBA? I was a big Alaska fan back when I was still in the Philippines..I still hate Ginebra though :lol

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 03:19 AM
WOW that's old school. Hating Ginebra, I mean, hahah (Alaska fan, too) So you live in the states now? Yes, of course. Menk, who used to be an import, is now officially a Fil-Am, Hatfield's back, Kelly Williams is tearing it up.. Ginebra is still the team you either love, or love to hate. But let's get back to Spurs talk :))

Brox6
05-05-2008, 03:31 AM
yeah..Spurstalk..Hope Pop will have new tricks to show David WEst for tomorrows ball game..

pawe
05-05-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah, im here in Phoenix. Enemy territory kaya di ko maisuot yung Ginobili jersey ko e ..hehe

- I don't think TD's gonna be on West tom. although West is gonna have a hard time with TD on him, the downside is he's gonna draw out TD away from the paint. IMO just make it simple, put Bowen on Peja to shut him down, make West score as much as he can ala amare '05, TP will cancel out Paul and make plays for Manu coz nobody can guard him.

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Phoenix? Holy shit, yeah, better not wear that Gino jersey :))

Putting TD on West reminds me of how the Mavs put Dampier on him - it simply opened up the lane in that series. Hope it doesn't happen here.

I think that the best option would be to take away Paul's passing and make HIM score. I'd rather he put up 60 than get his teammates going.. Incidentally this reminds me of when Nash torched the.. was it the Mavs? for 48. It almost worked, too - I just forgot what was it that messed it up :))

pawe
05-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Paul's gonna score regardless. I just hope Bonzi wakes up tom and forget he's a Spurs killer. I hate that goofy looking lazy fat ass.

Brox6
05-05-2008, 04:46 AM
I hope Manu will try more on taking strong to the basket rather than shooting 3's...

DRod
05-05-2008, 09:13 AM
i knew you were Hispasian all along.
:wakeup

milkyway21
05-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Pinoy Spurs fans here would like to say

welcome back, San Antonio!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs ReIncarnated. :worthy:

nikegirl
05-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Homerism :/

Not that they aren't good players in their own right. But.. I agree with you, pawe. I lol at freaking EVERYONE (from your standard high school varsity kid trying to do 360's, to pretty much everyone in a pick up game) trying to emulate those people.

Not to mention most of us think "OMG Wade's team won! He's the best!" or similar stuff. I can die happy the day I meet a basketball purist here in the Philippines. There just aren't many people who appreciate the impact Duncan has on the game.

I truly appreciate Duncan's impact on the game. Whether it shows in his stats or not, Spurs aren't goin anywhere without him so for me he will always be the MVP of this team.

SequSpur
05-09-2008, 12:06 AM
everybody was kung fu fighting......wa chaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!1