PDA

View Full Version : Bench Interference?

TexSports
05-01-2008, 12:55 AM
I've noticed two NBA playoff teams that have their bench players to stand up scream and move toward an opposing player as he is shooting a three. The Celtics and Mavericks do this regularly. I don't recall seeing this occur before this season? It seems like this would be against the league rules, but I guess as long a they are out of bounds it is allowed? I have never seen the refs do anything about it, but it just seems so Little League to me. Has anyone else notice this happening?

I have certianly seen the bench players jump and celbrate shots, blocks, etc, but not until this year have I seen them actually stand up and move toward the shooter yelling (trying to distract them).

Comments anyone?

Matchman
05-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Winning is the only thing that matters, check the spurs fans at the "hack a shaq" threads :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-01-2008, 01:05 AM
It's kinda stupid and immature IMO, but I don't think it's particularly terrible. I think it makes the guys doing it look dopey more than it really impacts a player. Basketball fans are practically right on the court. The extra ten guys yelling probably doesn't make that much difference on top of the fans that are a few feet farther but being twice as loud and obnoxious. Any real player can deal with it. In fact someone had a great sig around here: a gif of Bowen draining a corner three right in front of the Suns bench last year as they were trying to distract him.

Allanon
05-01-2008, 01:09 AM
I haven't noticed it.

But if you get easily distracted by things happening off the court, you shouldn't be shooting 3's :D

Red Hawk #21
05-01-2008, 01:24 AM
That's why its so sweet for me when Joe Johnson or Bibby drain a crucial 3 and then give the opponents bench that dagger stare. Nothing like it...

m33p0
05-01-2008, 02:25 AM
remember shaq whistling when timmy was taking his free throws? :lol

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 03:05 AM
How does a Spurs fan not remember Bowen's three last year with the Suns bench and assistant coaches screaming at him? If you can't hit a shot with people screaming at you then you shouldn't be in the NBA.

carina_gino20
05-01-2008, 04:02 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/540/bowenedmr2.gif

m33p0
05-01-2008, 04:50 AM
How does a Spurs fan not remember Bowen's three last year with the Suns bench and assistant coaches screaming at him? If you can't hit a shot with people screaming at you then you shouldn't be in the NBA.
he gve them the death stare afterwards. :lol
who could forget reggie miller's choke sign against the knicks? classic.

endrity
05-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Yeah this is old, I saw GS do it to the Mavs all the time last year. I guess it helped them cause we couldn't shoot for shit that series.