PDA

View Full Version : Trade proposal for Mavs and Nuggetts

DAF86
05-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Now that you can start thinking 'bout next season tell me what you think 'bout this?:

What 'bout a J-Kidd/J-Terry for AI/Nene trade?

Mavs side: I see Iverson (unlike Kidd) fitting perfectly into the "iso" offense of the Mavs and as someone that could divide the job of "taking charge" in crunch time with Dirk.
And the arrival of Nene would help the lack of big men in the Mavs roster.
Besides having Iverson and Terry on the same roster would be redundant.

Nuggetts side: You have enough scorers, what you need is a quality PG that plays an "up-tempo" style and good D.
A Kidd, Smith. starting backourt seems much better than a Carter, Iverson one.
And for the other side of the trade: You have an unnecessary amount of talented big men, so you'll just be giving one of them for a great shooter than can came off the bench and play PG and SG.

Mavs and Nuggetts fans I want to hear what do you think 'bout this.

sribb43
05-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Now that you can start thinking 'bout next season tell me what you think 'bout this?:

What 'bout a J-Kidd/J-Terry for AI/Nene trade?

Mavs side: I see Iverson (unlike Kidd) fitting perfectly into the "iso" offense of the Mavs and as someone that could divide the job of "taking charge" in crunch time with Dirk.
And the arrival of Nene would help the lack of big men in the Mavs roster.
Besides having Iverson and Terry on the same roster would be redundant.

Nuggetts side: You have enough scorers, what you need is a quality PG that plays an "up-tempo" style and good D.
A Kidd, Smith. starting backourt seems much better than a Carter, Iverson one.
And for the other side of the trade: You have an unnecessary amount of talented big men, so you'll just be giving one of them for a great shooter than can came off the bench and play PG and SG.

Mavs and Nuggetts fans I want to hear what do you think 'bout this.

Avery is gone and so will be the iso offense

DAF86
05-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Avery is gone and so will be the iso offense

So you don't like the trade?

sribb43
05-01-2008, 07:25 AM
So you don't like the trade?

interesting but only if the mavs can get an outside shooter to replace JET bc other than Dirk the mavs would be left with nothing on the outside to spread the D

manufor3
05-01-2008, 07:32 AM
you just got kidd man... let him fit into your system before you start making trade proposals for him.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-01-2008, 07:59 AM
:lol no way. I want AI gone but not for someone like Jkidd and especially not with Nene as well.

Nene will be shipped for expiring contracts or be healthy and end up being the lowpost presence the Nuggets need.

DAF86
05-01-2008, 08:11 AM
:lol no way. I want AI gone but not for someone like Jkidd and especially not with Nene as well.

Nene will be shipped for expiring contracts or be healthy and end up being the lowpost presence the Nuggets need.

How much better than Kidd could you do? I can see Kidd at his best playing along so many talented and athletic players.

Findog
05-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Assuming that works under the cap, hell fuck yes.

DAF86
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Assuming that works under the cap, hell fuck yes.

It works perfectly: J-Kidd and AI 19M - Terry and Nene 8M - That's why I came up with this.

confined
05-01-2008, 09:31 PM
:toast:toast:toast

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Nuggets don't need a trade. What they need is to learn how to play defense. Going the all-offense-Suns route NEVER works. Why hasn't this team figured it out yet?

JamStone
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Doesn't make sense for Denver. Camby is old and K-Mart just isn't very good. Nene should have a bigger role for the Nuggets next year if healthy. They need his inside presence. Kidd pretty much proved he is very close to being done. Bad deal for the Nuggets to trade AI and Nene for basically Jason Terry.

peskypesky
05-01-2008, 10:29 PM

Maybe my Spurs can find some expiring contracts to give you for Nene. I'd love to see him in a Spurs uniform.

boris.zhou
05-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I dont think Mavs will agree this trade, because Cuban just fired A.J, this means he still believe J.Kidd. If he trade immediately, it means the 1st round lose is not A.Js responsiblity.
So, I think Mavs will not trade Kidd.

my suggestion is: trade the 2 J.Howard + Stackhouse+magloire to Jazz for AK47+ Milsop.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Nuggets don't need a trade. What they need is to learn how to play defense. Going the all-offense-Suns route NEVER works. Why hasn't this team figured it out yet?

Actually, their offense isn't all that great either. They were ranked 11th in Off Eff and 9th in Def Eff in reg season.

peskypesky
05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
I dont think Mavs will agree this trade, because Cuban just fired A.J, this means he still believe J.Kidd. If he trade immediately, it means the 1st round lose is not A.Js responsiblity.

my suggestion is: trade the 2 J.Howard + Stackhouse+magloire to Jazz for AK47+ Milsop.

I can't see Utah wanting a pothead like Jho.

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Nuggets are ranked 2nd in PPG under Warriors. Suns are third. Notice how all three of those teams don't play as good defense as they should and all three are fishing right now.

BUMP
05-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Nuggets are ranked 2nd in PPG under Warriors. Suns are third. Notice how all three of those teams don't play as good defense as they should and all three are fishing right now.

youre really really smart

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 11:44 PM
youre really really smart

I know, because I just proved my argument. Thanks :)

DAF86
05-02-2008, 03:46 AM

I think you're right, but I also think the Mavs'd be a lot better with Iverson and Nene instead of Kidd and Terry

sribb43
05-02-2008, 08:27 AM
dont give up on kidd yet...wait to see if another coach will use JKidds strenghts and not make him a spot shooter in the corner...He does have an expiring contract so if at mid season the team is struggling, you can ship him out and maybe get a steal from a team looking to clear caspace ala Grizz/lakers trade. Otherwise let his contract run out and clear the cap space on your own team

Indazone
05-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Great trade for the Mav's. From the Nuggets side not so much.