PDA

View Full Version : Fix the Nuggets

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Well it seems like GK is coming back :pctoss

So the changes will be made with the team itself. What realistic changes should they make?

- Id start by trading Camby for a PG (maybe Hinrich)

- Let AI walk if he opts out or trade him as an exp if he stays

- Resign JR and promote him to starting SG where he belongs (played his best ball as a starter alongside Melo b4 AI came)

- Trade Melo IF the package is right but i doubt that happens and so id say he stays

- Start Nene at C and make sure he doesnt do anything but focus on the Nuggets

- Let Carter walk

Starting 5 of Hinrich/JR/Melo/K/Nene

bench of Atkins/LK/Najera (resigned for cheap)/Hunter (or another big man through a draft or a trade)

BiZNicK
05-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Iverson trade....epic fail

GinobiliLooms
05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I think if they get rid of Melo, Martin, and AI, and deal for some other Marquee players that understand the importance of defense and teamwork a little better they will be in good shape.

JamStone
05-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Camby doesn't exactly have much trade value at his age.

I'd try to dump Kenyon Martin's contract to the first available taker, but he's extremely difficult to move as well.

I would keep Allen Iverson and keep him at shooting guard. He won't be the same player at point guard.

Get a multiple "big" point guards. I'd target Keyon Dooling in free agency, Kyle Weaver in the draft, and/or possibly Jamaal Tinsley in a trade.

I'd let JR Smith walk before Iverson. He did actually play well, but he has no basketball sense at all. If you want to somewhat change the philosophy of the team into a smarter one, JR Smith should go.

Get some perimeter defenders to come off the bench. They have hustle guys like Najera and Kleiza, but they're not great perimeter defenders. Karl never even thought to use Diawara to help play defense.

Fire George Karl and bring in someone like Jeff Van Gundy. Instill some defensive discipline.

Start Nene over Kenyon Martin. If K-Mart bitches, offer him a buyout.

SpursIndonesia
05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Why everybody talk so lightly about trading players, lopsided trade like KG & Gasol cases don't happen everyday -esp. if your franchise isn't named Lakers or Celtic. It's very hard to get equal value back, especially when your assets are not looking good in the first place.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Camby doesn't exactly have much trade value at his age.

I'd try to dump Kenyon Martin's contract to the first available taker, but he's extremely difficult to move as well.

I would keep Allen Iverson and keep him at shooting guard. He won't be the same player at point guard.

Get a multiple "big" point guards. I'd target Keyon Dooling in free agency, Kyle Weaver in the draft, and/or possibly Jamaal Tinsley in a trade.

I'd let JR Smith walk before Iverson. He did actually play well, but he has no basketball sense at all. If you want to somewhat change the philosophy of the team into a smarter one, JR Smith should go.

Get some perimeter defenders to come off the bench. They have hustle guys like Najera and Kleiza, but they're not great perimeter defenders. Karl never even thought to use Diawara to help play defense.

Fire George Karl and bring in someone like Jeff Van Gundy. Instill some defensive discipline.

Start Nene over Kenyon Martin. If K-Mart bitches, offer him a buyout.

i guess having a taller, defensive PG would help with the AI situation. He is definately better at SG but if we end up with a midget PG then we need a bigger SG. The constant mismatches in the backcourt are killer.

I like the idea of starting Nene/Camby (assuming he cant be traded) and bringing K off the bench if he also cant be traded.

MajicMan
05-02-2008, 12:50 AM
do what the jailblazers did. get rid of all the thugs. trade camellas fat thug poser ass. build a basketball team that plays with heart and discipline. you can't change the stripes on a zebra no matter how hard you try. just look at the mavs. they are what they are. carmella is a big fat cancer. get a nice package for him. hire a new coach. the team is full of career losers

Pistons < Spurs
05-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Probably not very likely, but ....

Lose AI, Kenyon Martin and JR Smith.

Resign Najera. Target Redd (New Bucks GM likely in the mood to make some changes), Shawn Marion and Jose Calderon.

Calderon--Atkins
Redd--(drat pick), Klieza
Mello--Klieza
Marion--Najera
Camby--Nene

jbspurs
05-02-2008, 02:34 AM
KEEP KLEIZA, CAMBY, NAJERA, NENE, AI, maybe Martin and trade the Rest.

DAF86
05-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Considering that you didn't like my trade proposal I've another idea to improve Nuggetts team (it's very unlikely to happen but not impossible).

-Get rid of Iverson and Carter
-Sign Calderon and Quinton Ross
-resign Najera and Smith
-AND MAKE THEM PLAY D

Starting lineup: Calderon, Smith, Anthony, Martin and Camby
Bench: Atkins, Ross, Kleiza, Najera and Nene.

P.S: You could trade for Baron Davis, Elton Brand.

DBryant88
05-02-2008, 07:17 AM
stop crying just because the lakers kicked your ass 4-0

ForeignFan
05-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Keep Diwara (he plays defense)

TheMACHINE
05-02-2008, 11:24 AM
we'll give you DJ Mbenga for Camby.

nil.ball
05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I say first of all, you need to straight out Carmelo Anthony.
Look at Tracy Mcgrady who has much worse supporting cast this year, yet he's battling with Utah in game 6 tonight. I mean he has a team with 41 old center, rookie power foward, a dukie who has won nothing in nba, a street baller handling the rock.
where Carmelo has a Defensive Player of Year center, an ex-all-star power forward, and a all-star, future hof point guard, and a bench full of talent.
and you can't win one against a lakers, didn't you have like two all-star players this year where rockets currently has none? Under-achieving at its best