PDA

View Full Version : Celtic's PA Announcer

Thunder Dan
05-01-2008, 12:30 PM
does anyone else think the Celtics have the most annoying PA announcer in all of the NBA? I couldn't even watch the game last night because he was making me go insane. I hope he gets hit by a bus so I don't have to hear him all next week.

xtremesteven33
05-01-2008, 12:44 PM
kgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

paul pieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerce

Thunder Dan
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
why didn't you watch the game on Tnt? And yes they have the worst announcers ever:bang

no the guy that announces in the arena itself

Leon Pooooooooooowwwwweeee for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Red Hawk #21
05-01-2008, 12:52 PM
The Celtics have the worst commentators, damn those guys are so biased against other teams. The worst PA announcers are the Hornets, they say ''Whooooooo" almost every time they make a field goal and even sometimes they say it during freethrows.

Thunder Dan
05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
The Celtics have the worst commentators, damn those guys are so biased against other teams. The worst PA announcers are the Hornets, they say ''Whooooooo" almost every time they make a field goal and even sometimes they say it during freethrows.

I like the Celtics' tv guys because of the thick Boston accents...maybe the worst accent possible to develop

xtremesteven33
05-01-2008, 01:01 PM
I like the Celtics' tv guys because of the thick Boston accents...maybe the worst accent possible to develop

how can anyone like a boston accent....

Thunder Dan
05-01-2008, 01:15 PM
how can anyone like a boston accent....

by like it I mean I like to laugh at it

Armando
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM

Yeah you know is almost like they are on the Celtics payroll.

shelshor
05-01-2008, 01:24 PM
We were mercifully spared the most annoying PA announcer in the league when the Mavs were eliminated

xtremesteven33
05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
how bout stan kelly....not really the most admirable voice....sounds like someone is dunking him in water while groping his groin.....

DazedAndConfused
05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
The Spurs have by far the gayest sounding announcer.

"HERE COME THE SPURS!!!!"

Thunder Dan
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
just wait, I don't think any of you have any idea what I'm talking about. Listen for Rondo to score his first basket- It might be enough for you to turn the tv off.

Rajon Rondooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bdubya
05-01-2008, 01:42 PM
He's no Mason, that's for sure.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
how bout stan kelly....not really the most admirable voice....sounds like someone is dunking him in water while groping his groin.....

Stan is awful. Kevin McCarthy is out there somewhere, probably needing work.

GinobiliLooms
05-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I like Stan Kelley.....

Spurs Ball! SPUUURRRRRSSSS BALLLLLL!!!!!!

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 03:44 PM
I like Stan Kelley.....
I like him, but that doesn't mean he isn't awful. I thought he had Parkinsons at one point and didn't want to make fun of him.

GinobiliLooms
05-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Without Stan's bingo hall voice it just wouldn't be the same....

T Park
05-01-2008, 05:30 PM
he Spurs P.A. announcer always sound drunk... TOONEEEEE... DEEEEFENSE!!!!!

You know its the playoffs when Stan just says

TIIIIIMMMMDUNCAN

TONNNYYYYY

or his favorite

GINOBILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

Stan brings his best game during the playoffs. Like when Diaw threw the ball out of bounds. "Incomplete, its now SPUUUUUUUUUUURSSSS BALLLL"

Burn531
05-01-2008, 06:06 PM
That guy reminds me of the Miami Heat PA announcer. They're both awful.

TampaDude
05-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Tom Heinsohn...most annoying fuck on TV...

Lakers_55
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Tom Heinsohn...most annoying fuck on TV...

Heinsohn sounds a lot like Fred Flinstone.
http://www.healthbolt.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/fred_flintstone.jpg

ClingingMars
05-01-2008, 07:47 PM
TIMMMM DUNCAN! TMIMMMM DUNCAN! TIMMMM DUNCAN!

(after THE THREE)

- Mars

m33p0
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
The Spurs P.A. announcer always sound drunk... TOONEEEEE... DEEEEFENSE!!!!!

I hate those Boston commenttators foreal. Give me a Fuccen Tommy point. True story... they asked Tommy Hiensen who were the top MVP candidates in the league and he replied...

"Well, KG has been outstanding all year long. And Pierce, he's been unstoppable, and dont forget about Ray Allen too. Then you would have to mention Chris Paul... but KOBE AND LEBRON JAMES ARE NOT EVEN IN THE RUNNING!!!"

If that guy had a heart attack while screaming at the refs from the sidelines like he so often does... I would have a grin on my face.:downspin:
mute button whenever i'm forced to watch the celtics.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 07:59 PM
or his favorite

GINOBILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he yelled MANUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Holmes_Fans
05-01-2008, 09:57 PM
does anyone else think the Celtics have the most annoying PA announcer in all of the NBA? I couldn't even watch the game last night because he was making me go insane. I hope he gets hit by a bus so I don't have to hear him all next week.

Miami's announcer

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM

Amen.

The Spurs haven't had a good PA guy since the late, great Pat Tallman.

Thunder Dan
05-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Miami's announcer

I'm fully aware of Miami's announcer, and for a long time he was #1 on my list, but this Boston announcer is even more annoying.

sribb43
05-02-2008, 08:33 AM
TOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

GINOOOOOOOBBBBLLLLIIII!!!!!!!!

Tim DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enough said....made a few trips to SA for spurs/mavs games and cant stand the guy. However I love the AT&T Centers sounds system...Im sure lots of fans hate humble billly @ the AAC and i couldnt blame them

Thunder Dan
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
yeah the Spurs' is pretty bad too, but on a different level. He just sounds like some guy from the stands they picked out to talk to the crowd. Like when he goes "here come the Spurs!!"

The Cavs have 2, one that does the Announcing and one that does introductions and stuff. I don't love them or hate them, but they seem to work I guess.

ancestron
05-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I think the Staples center announcer is the worst of all. Could a human being possibly sound more monotone than that? ....And he's been there forever.

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Bump!

Rooonnnnnndoooooooooooooo

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Cleveland does have the best player intoductions in the NBA though..not even close

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 02:42 PM
That guy reminds me of the Miami Heat PA announcer. They're both awful.

Yep I was thinking the same thing they both suck ass.:toast

pooh
05-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Stan Kelly is annoying with that "Help 'em out" if you need an announcer to say that to the crowd then you're in bad shape. I like "Ray Clay" the one for the Bulls. Mason isn't too bad, even he gets annoying at times.

Biggems
05-04-2008, 08:17 PM
i had the misfortune of hearing the Suns announcers on NBA TV once this year....Eddie Johnson had a very nice NBA career....but he is a horrible commentator. He makes stupid comments that have zero to do with logic and reasoning. He is such a PHX homer. The Suns can do no wrong and the other team does everything wrong. He is just horrible.

At least Sean Elliott, while a homer, will give props to the other team, call out the Spurs, and even point out when the refs have given the Spurs a gift. He is a great announcer and I wish I could have him for all of these playoff telecasts.

If I could have it my way, I would have Elliott, Kerr, and Walton calling every game.

JoeTait75
05-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't know if Calvin Murphy is still doing Rockets telecasts (I had the League Pass before Murph's, er, legal situation), but he was brutal, a homer with a shaky grasp on the language. Austin Carr on the Cavs telecasts isn't any great shakes either.

smahmood26
05-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Detroit and what's his face is the most annoying. WTF is wrong with him

MrChug
05-04-2008, 08:57 PM

The Pistons announcer that deserves no name.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Detroit and what's his face is the most annoying. WTF is wrong with him

You mean Mason the guy who wins awards for best announcer? :toast

smahmood26
05-04-2008, 10:04 PM
You mean Mason the guy who wins awards for best announcer? :toast

The fact that they have awards for best announcer is hilarious. I can't think of anything that means less

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
The fact that they have awards for best announcer is hilarious. I can't think of anything that means less

How about The WNBA?:lmao

seventeen
02-13-2009, 04:05 PM
I think the celtics annoucner is the best in the nba, all the others make me want to pull the hair out of my head, pistions is by far the worst.

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I think the celtics annoucner is the best in the nba, all the others make me want to pull the hair out of my head, pistions is by far the worst.

he is a douche bag like the rest of the organization. When you have a douche for an owner, GM, coach, team, you are likely to hire a douche to rile up all the douche bag fans in the arena

However the Mavs' guy is pretty bad too

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Nice, a thread from over 6 months ago.

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Nice, a thread from over 6 months ago.

it's still pertinent

Ditty
02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
ha i was actually thinking about bringing this thread a couple of days when the spurs played boston the other day damn ha

paulllllllllllll pierceeeeeeeeee
rayyyyyyyyyy aleennnnnnnnnnnnn
KKKKKKKKKKKKK GGGGGGGGGGGG

ha i cant stand the mavs announcer sometimes he gets to hyped up i do a good impression of him though lol

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 04:12 PM

:lmao

I agree:toast

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 04:17 PM
And I do think LA has one of the best. Lawrence Tanner is always very professional and has a great voice. LA was just blessed with everything:hat. We have Vin Scully, Chick Hearn, USC, the Lakers, Dodgers, great weather, the beach, IronMexican lives there. I mean, what else could you want?

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
And I do think LA has one of the best. Lawrence Tanner is always very professional and has a great voice. LA was just blessed with everything:hat. We have Vin Scully, Chick Hearn, USC, the Lakers, Dodgers, great weather, the beach, IronMexican lives there. I mean, what else could you want?

the ability to not get cancer from breathing the air would be nice

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
That's the price you pay to live in paradise.

scanry
02-13-2009, 04:40 PM
the ability to not get cancer from breathing the air would be nice

You think LA is bad, try some of these cities??

Rio De Janeiro
Shangai
Beijing
Mumbai
Mexico City
Kuala Lampur

LA is like heaven compared to those cities..

IMO i don't think any city can top the place (San Diego) where i live. Has every thing LA has but better.

But you need $$$$$ to live in Southern Cal

lil_penny
02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
San diego > all

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't like going to SD. We got kicked out a party there once for wearing Dodgers gear and LA hats.

scanry
02-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't like going to SD. We got kicked out a party there once for wearing Dodgers gear and LA hats.

San Diegans aren't too fond of LA except maybe the Lakers.

I don't think you'll find better beaches than over here.

I got into UCLA & UCSD, and i'm glad i chose UCSD over UCLA. BTW USC is a very easy school to get into. All they want is your $$$. Bastards... :lol

sook
02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
LOL look at the Celtics announcers from the 80s....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 05:10 PM
San Diegans aren't too fond of LA except maybe the Lakers.

I don't think you'll find better beaches than over here.

I got into UCLA & UCSD, and i'm glad i chose UCSD over UCLA. BTW USC is a very easy school to get into. All they want is your $$$. Bastards... :lol

I am amazed at how USC stays so good in sports. It's located in Downtown, which is a shit hole, and the Coliseum is in the heart of South LA. Just a testament to how great Pete Carrol is.

scanry
02-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I am amazed at how USC stays so good in sports. It's located in Downtown, which is a shit hole, and the Coliseum is in the heart of South LA. Just a testament to how great Pete Carrol is.

C'mon man. USC has a shit load of money to throw at players. I think everyone knows that. I like USC football, but i like the Florida program better. Their head coach is a class act, Carrol on the other always has an excuse.

I was a huge Reggie Bush fan before, but he kind of looked lame after than fiasco. BTW he made a lot money in college. No wonder USC don't want him anywhere near the Colleseum. :toast

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
You think LA is bad, try some of these cities??

Rio De Janeiro
Shangai
Beijing
Mumbai
Mexico City
Kuala Lampur

LA is like heaven compared to those cities..

IMO i don't think any city can top the place (San Diego) where i live. Has every thing LA has but better.

But you need $$$$$ to live in Southern Cal

don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back

scanry
02-13-2009, 05:34 PM
don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back

I'm moving to Chicago. Just got done with school man.

Thank god it isn't Cleveland!!! :lol Just kidding...

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm moving to Chicago. Just got done with school man.

Thank god it isn't Cleveland!!! :lol Just kidding...

Chicago is a nice place, I lived there for 3 years then moved to Cleveland

iggypop123
02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
the cavaliers PA announcer is brutal. a three just about makes me want to change a channel

baseline bum
02-13-2009, 07:53 PM
New Jersey has the worst...

DID UUUUUUUUU SEEEEEEEEE..... VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!

Thunder Dan
02-13-2009, 09:16 PM
the cavaliers PA announcer is brutal. a three just about makes me want to change a channel

He called the Beijing games this summer

IronMexican
02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
:lol Dont forget about the ladies. We have some fine gold diggers out here. I love em all too.:toast

Don't forget about IronMexican. Angelino's are truly lucky:king