Tim
Tony
Bruce
Ime
Fabricio
Kurt
Jaque
Barry
The 80% would be Fab, and Kurt; I just don't know what their contracts are like, and if Pop will take off two big men to make space for what could possibly be the future frontline of the Spurs.
People who I'm sure are leaving, or at least pretty sure:
Horry
Stoudemaire
I know Horry is a given, but I think Damon only takes up space, since he's our third-string PG.

People who I want gone:
Finley

With Bonner I really have no idea. I assume he will take Horry's minutes next year, but Idk. I think Pop has grown accustomed to a three shooting big man, so he'll keep with Bonner. But if Bonner doesn't get serious time playing in the playoffs, then maybe Pop just gave up. It's not like he was sucking it up when he did play, he did great as a starter, especially when you consider he never had to carry any kind of load before.

And people I've heard rumored are coming in:
Tiago
Ian
Does anyone know if they are or not? I would've thought at least one would be kept away to allow him to get serious minutes. If one or both do, then Bonner could easily stay in the doghouse. I know others in Pops doghouse have deserved it, but Bonner was doing pretty good halfway through the season, and then Pop had sit for fifteen games in a row almost Hell, maybe Darius would come in to replace Damon, or maybe he'd only be called in if one of our point guards got hurt.

AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST!!! I have been reading stuff on here for like a month now, and it was only by luck did I even find you guys!!! I was just bored one day and scrolled all the way down of the Spurs' SI site, and clicked on Spurs talk. I'm glad I can finally talk to Spurs fans who really know their stuff.:flag:

Darkwaters
05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Ian Mahinmi is already on the roster. He will undoubtedly be back next season.

Tiago Splitter will be on the roster as well. Barring an unforseen trade or something he'll be there.

Matt Bonner is in serious trade risk this upcoming year. With Tiago Splitter coming in and Ian Mahinmi likely to be looking for a few minutes here and there, Bonner might not make sense in the rotation. Especially if Thomas is retained.

Speaking of Thomas, I think he sticks with the team next year. I only hope his contract is reasonable.

honestfool84
05-01-2008, 03:13 PM
i heard parker and tim are leaving next year..

Manufan909
05-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Ian Mahinmi is already on the roster. He will undoubtedly be back next season.

Tiago Splitter will be on the roster as well. Barring an unforseen trade or something he'll be there.

Matt Bonner is in serious trade risk this upcoming year. With Tiago Splitter coming in and Ian Mahinmi likely to be looking for a few minutes here and there, Bonner might not make sense in the rotation. Especially if Thomas is retained.

Speaking of Thomas, I think he sticks with the team next year. I only hope his contract is reasonable.

Ok, so the big men we can choose from would be Bonner, Kurt, Fab, Ian, Tiago, and Tim. I know it's unlikey we'll keep them all, but if we did, this team would be ALOT bigger. I think it'd be nice to put Ian or Tiago on SF, unless one of them is really slow. We could do a tri-tower offense like the Suns, but WE WOULD MAKE IT WORK. I doubt that'll happen, but a starting lineup of Tony, Tim, Tiago/Ian, Fab/Kurt, Bruce could be nice. Fon't flame me if that looks horrible, I'm a noob compared to you guys, but I hope to learn alot!!!

P.S. Now that I look at it, there are only two scorers on squad. But maybe Ian or Tiago would be great in the post, giving Tim someone to work with, since Kurt and Fab don't bang much on offense.

honestfool84
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
... ... ...Fon't flame me if that looks horrible, I'm a noob compared to you guys, but I hope to learn alot!!!

:flame

:lol
just kidding.

Manufan909
05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
:flame

:lol
just kidding.

Come on, HF, give me some constructive feedback!!!:(

Jk.

WildcardManu
05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I'd like to see KT for another season at least, the guy looks like he has enough left in the tank for yet another season. Other than that, let Fab, Ian, Bonner, and if Splitter comes over to fight for positioning in the rotation. With the big men in line we can focus on bringing in some kind of wing player or SF.

xtremesteven33
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
i would like to make a run at NENE....

Darkwaters
I don't think either Ian or Tiago could play the 3 against any but the slowest of small forwards.

Darkwaters
i would like to make a run at NENE....

Have you seen his new contract? Overpaid.

If I could take Nene without that contract I'd be more interested.

SAGambler
05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
We need to shed both Vaughn and Damon, and look for another backup PG that can score some.

Horry needs to retire and I'm kinda in the middle on Fin. When he's hittin, he okay, but when he's brickin, man, I think it's time for him to retire also.

Would hate to see Bonner go, but he may have to. Pretty sure Thomas will still be here. Now as for Ian and Tiago, the problem is, we haven't seen yet how well they can perform in a full NBA season.

But all in all, I think we can look forward to another year at a run for the championship.

Manufan909
05-01-2008, 03:39 PM
So is Darius just out of the question, or what?

And I guess Ian or Tiago at three would be a bad idea, but I hate how occasionally we're the smaller team, like we will be with the Lakers, cuz of Odom.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Come on, HF, give me some constructive feedback!!!:(

Jk.

Look at the screen when you type instead of the keyboard. Also, "alot" isn't a real word. :toast

Manufan909
05-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Well, it took me all of fifteen minutes to find the first asshole, and a grammar freak on top of that!!! So if I post lik dis, u gona git real mahd? I'm so soryy, massa!!!
:ihit

Drom John
05-01-2008, 04:00 PM
From hoopshype (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm) we have 9 players:

Duncan
Parker
Ginobili
Bowen
Bonner
Vaughn
Barry
Udoka
Mahinmi

We have the rights to Splitter for 10.

I'd suspect we would make offers to resign Thomas, Oberto and Finley for 13.

With Splitter in, the missing 3 are Horry, Stoudamire and Johnson.

The two needed, a shooting guard to replace Stoudamire and a small forward to backup Finley/Barry the aged. Bonner kind of handles that, but I suspect Pop wants more perimeter defense. I could imagine Bonner traded for a smaller player.

There are a slew of SG expected to be available at pick #26 and shooting projects at pick #47. Else there's the sleeper free agents like Udoka at the $1M level that won't be on our radars till June.

Forget stars like Nene, this is a working team that handles the salary cap very well thank you.

TheProfessor
05-01-2008, 04:03 PM
From hoopshype (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm) we have 9 players:

Duncan
Parker
Ginobili
Bowen
Bonner
Vaughn
Barry
Udoka
Mahinmi

We have the rights to Splitter for 10.

I'd suspect we would make offers to resign Thomas, Oberto and Finley for 13.

With Splitter in, the missing 3 are Horry, Stoudamire and Johnson.

The two needed, a shooting guard to replace Stoudamire and a small forward to backup Finley/Barry the aged. Bonner kind of handles that, but I suspect Pop wants more perimeter defense. I could imagine Bonner traded for a smaller player.

There are a slew of SG expected to be available at pick #26 and shooting projects at pick #47. Else there's the sleeper free agents like Udoka at the $1M level that won't be on our radars till June.

Forget stars like Nene, this is a working team that handles the salary cap very well thank you.
Oberto's under contract, they just don't show his salary.

Biggems
05-02-2008, 08:44 PM
C - Oberto, Splitter, Bonner
PF - Duncan, Mahimni, Thomas
SF - Bowen, Udoka
SG - Manu
PG - Parker

We have 3 draft picks, maybe sign a FA or two, and possibly bring back VSpan to backup TP

21GoSpursGo9
05-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Barnes,Pietrus,James Jones, Wells, are some free agents I can think of on the top of my head. If Splitter/Mahinmi do indeed come over for sure, then our bigman situation is pretty much set. Our needs would be younger wing players and a backup pg if Vspan doesnt come over.

Flux451
05-02-2008, 08:56 PM
C- SPlitter/Oberto/Ian
PF- Thomas/DUncan
SF- IMe/Bowen
SG- Barry/Demar/Manu
PG- Parker/Someone new/Vaughn

Bonner could be an option at SF if picked up speed and didn't make as many mental mistakes as now.

ChumpDumper
05-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Bonner could be an option at SF if all his opponents played wearing ankle weights.

Flux451
05-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Barnes,Pietrus,James Jones, Wells, are some free agents I can think of on the top of my head. If Splitter/Mahinmi do indeed come over for sure, then our bigman situation is pretty much set. Our needs would be younger wing players and a backup pg if Vspan doesnt come over.

I think Pietrus would be an excellent choice. I hope Pop is thinking about him in the offseason. He has some talent just need to work on discpline. Something noone can learn at Golden State.

Texas_Ranger
05-02-2008, 08:58 PM
If Finley is gone next year, we must get some FA, cause I don't think that some rookie can step up big.

K-State Spur
05-02-2008, 09:34 PM
The bigs for next year will probably be:
Timmy/Fab/Thomas/Bonner/Tiago/Mahinmi.

Then you have Tony, Manu, Bruce, Brent, Ime. (Assuming that Vaughn and Finley do not return - and I don't think that's a foregone conclusion.)

That leaves 1 open active roster spot and 4 spots total.

I'd like to see us add 1 wing and 1 combo guard - 1 through the draft and 1 through free agency. Use the second round picks on some draft and stash players. Or try to use 1 in a package to unload Bonner's contract.

bigfan
05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I vote bye bye to Stoudamire, Horry (after much thanks) and Bonner. Id keep Finley, Vaughan and Thomas who all played pretty good and have a year left in them. Bring in Splitter and find a point guard (where is that greek dude who played for the Rockets?) We can get young in 09-10.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok, so the big men we can choose from would be Bonner, Kurt, Fab, Ian, Tiago, and Tim. I know it's unlikey we'll keep them all, but if we did, this team would be ALOT bigger. I think it'd be nice to put Ian or Tiago on SF, unless one of them is really slow. We could do a tri-tower offense like the Suns, but WE WOULD MAKE IT WORK. I doubt that'll happen, but a starting lineup of Tony, Tim, Tiago/Ian, Fab/Kurt, Bruce could be nice. Fon't flame me if that looks horrible, I'm a noob compared to you guys, but I hope to learn alot!!!

P.S. Now that I look at it, there are only two scorers on squad. But maybe Ian or Tiago would be great in the post, giving Tim someone to work with, since Kurt and Fab don't bang much on offense.

Ian or Thiago can't play SF in the NBA against any team. They are not quick or agile enough, and they don't have Diaw's range or offensive skills. Udoka, Bruce Finley and Barry would probably be the choices at SF for next season, and surely some 10-day contracts players or a free agent. The only big in the team that could play SF effectively was Horry, but that was at least 3-4 years ago.

Probable squad
Parker
Vaughn
empty spot (Stoudamire gone)
Ginobili
Barry
Finley
Bowen
Udoka
empty spot (Horry gone)
Oberto
Ian?
Kurt?
Thiago?
Duncan

Mr. Body
05-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Bonner isn't an option for a goddamn thing.

remingtonbo2001
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I can't imagine the Spurs releasing Vaughn. I could however the Spurs picking up another PG/SG, free agency or draft.

clubalien
05-02-2008, 11:25 PM
i heard parker and tim are leaving next year..

This was verfied in deperate house wives show a blocbuster trade with a spurs allstar happened

Dre_7
05-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Isnt Corey Maggette (however the hell its spelled!) a FA this offseason? He could be a possible replacement for Fin.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Isnt Corey Maggette (however the hell its spelled!) a FA this offseason? He could be a possible replacement for Fin.

Not happening. He's gonna be looking to cash in for about at least 7mil.

ace3g
05-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Next years lineup, prior to free agent signings

PG: Parker
SG: Manu, Barry
SF: Bowen, Udoka
PF: Duncan, Bonner
C: Oberto

Vaughn and Thomas might be back
and Mahinmi and Splitter most likely will be here

Finley, Horry, Stoudamire most likely won't be back

so we will need help at PG, SG, SF

PG:
Chris Duhon - UFA
Dan Dickau - UFA
Chris Quinn - RFA
Jannero Pargo - UFA
Anthony Johnson - UFA
Quinton Ross - UFA

SG/SF:
Josh Childress - RFA
James Posey - UFA
Devin Brown - UFA
Matt Barnes - UFA
Mickael Pietrus - UFA
Ryan Gomes - RFA
Bostjan Nachbar - UFA
Bonzi Wells - UFA
James Jones - UFA

PF/C:
DeSagana Diop - UFA

I only have Diop on the list for PF/C, because it is pretty much set in stone that the spurs are going to bring in Splitter and Mahinmi next season