PDA

View Full Version : why?

redskinfan
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Why does KG get so much respect? Has he ever won anything? great stats Drob had great stats and he got dissed as being soft. When Drob played entire seasons he took his team to the playoffs every year! KG has had seasons when his teams did not make the playoffs yet he gets all kinds of love. I just dont get the madness here about that dude..:flag:

MajicMan
05-01-2008, 06:08 PM
because the media says so

BiZNicK
05-01-2008, 06:14 PM
because they think he's cool :hat

lefty
05-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Wait until they see him naked

JamStone
05-01-2008, 06:28 PM
He's a great player, he plays with a passion and intensity that few players in the league do, and now he plays for Boston. KG has had his share of criticisms and haters the last couple seasons when Minnesota was horrible. You might not like the guy, but he deserves a lot of credit for Boston's success this season and he's a frontpage story this season.

Allanon
05-01-2008, 06:32 PM
KG and TD are both skilled players, but what sets them apart?

KG yells and hollers with every dunk and block.
TD dunks a shot, looks at the ground and runs back on defense

KG is obvioiusly more entertainment value, Duncan is more ring value. One guy plays with all emotion out there, the other won't even pump his fist ... ok maybe once in a blue moon.

Tacker
05-01-2008, 06:33 PM
celtics the biggest joke with the worst record last season, this season KG comes and Celtics now the best team in the NBA. does that give you a clue?

Rip-Hamilton32
05-01-2008, 06:41 PM
sheed plays with the same passion kg does except he gets booed and the refs hate him

TampaDude
05-01-2008, 06:41 PM
celtics the biggest joke with the worst record last season, this season KG comes and Celtics now the best team in the NBA. does that give you a clue?

KG ain't the only new guy on the Celtics...

rAm
05-01-2008, 06:45 PM

Its not just KG that came over. Did you forget about Ray Allen, both being teamed up with PP?

What about Rondo, or Cassell? Or Glen Davis/Eddie House/James Posey?

and how could you forget the Rock of Gibraltar!?! BRIAN SCALABRINE!

Leetonidas
05-01-2008, 06:52 PM
KG and TD are both skilled players, but what sets them apart?

KG yells and hollers with every dunk and block.
TD dunks a shot, looks at the ground and runs back on defense

KG is obvioiusly more entertainment value, Duncan is more ring value. One guy plays with all emotion out there, the other won't even pump his fist ... ok maybe once in a blue moon.

5PDdb48g4_c

Must've had a blue moon that night. :lol

ClingingMars
05-01-2008, 07:04 PM
because the media says so

ClingingMars
05-01-2008, 07:06 PM
One guy plays with all emotion out there, the other won't even pump his fist.

dNCjH7tAAOo

- Mars

TDfan2007
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Because the media loves guys who pump their fists and yell after every shot he makes or blocks.

KG is a very talented player, but he's a complete and total bitch on the court. It's one of the reasons why I don't root for him. The media on the other hand is all over him now because he's in a big market. If Tim was drafted by the Celtics the media would be all over him too. It's just the market.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Because he's in the league of clutch. Don't you watch TV? Ugly women can get laid by rubbing peanuts on their bodies, too.

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Because the majority of basketball fans are morons. You dunk and then pump your fist? Why? It's only 2 points! If it was a clutch play, then go ahead and pump away but don't friggin cum when you make a dunk in the first quarter.

Duncan celebrates when he needs to, that is a) when he makes a clutch play and b) when he adds another ring to his finger. No need to celebrate before.

I like how LeBron celebrates after big plays, but then gets run out of the game in the finals. I guess emotion can't win you a ring, can it?

JMarkJohns
05-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Because he's in the league of clutch. Don't you watch TV? Ugly women can get laid by rubbing peanuts on their bodies, too.

It was cashews, and I'm now going to off myself for knowing that...

peskypesky
05-01-2008, 10:43 PM
I think KG deserves all the respect he's gotten over the years, but the NBA has gone overboard in the playoffs, allowing him to get away with all sorts of crap that he shouldn't be getting away with.

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
I think KG deserves all the respect he's gotten over the years, but the NBA has gone overboard in the playoffs, allowing him to get away with all sorts of crap that he shouldn't be getting away with.

Didn't you know? There is a new rule:

Menacing gestures or laughing at refs are terrible, offensive acts that will be punished every time! Pushing refs and other players is alright, though, so don't worry about that.

You can punch refs and players as long as you don't curse at them or make fun of them.

JMarkJohns
05-01-2008, 10:49 PM
You can punch... players...

I don't think being Rick Rickerted is nearly as funny as being Rick Rolled...

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
It was cashews, and I'm now going to off myself for knowing that...

I either hit the swap button or the fast forward button before I vomit in my mouth at that commercial. All I know is that I'll never eat another Planters product or listen to that Frankie Vallie song ever again.

JMarkJohns
05-02-2008, 12:27 AM
All I know is that I'll never eat another Planters product or listen to that Frankie Vallie song ever again.

And the damn shame of it is that I enjoyed both... That has to be one of the worst commercials of all time.

sickdsm
05-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Because the media loves guys who pump their fists and yell after every shot he makes or blocks.

KG is a very talented player, but he's a complete and total bitch on the court. It's one of the reasons why I don't root for him. The media on the other hand is all over him now because he's in a big market. If Tim was drafted by the Celtics the media would be all over him too. It's just the market.

Because the media is all over the Mps/Duluth area up yonder also................

:lol

stretch
05-02-2008, 08:08 AM
KG is overrated. For a DPOY he quite regularly gets owned. And I have never seen him own Duncan, Dirk, or any other elite PFs that has been around during his time in the league. Hell even Al Horford, a rookie in his first playoff appearance, made him look stupid quite often in this series.

The dude plays with a passion and intensity, which is great. But he gets all of his hype by owning shitty players. but any time he has to play against anyone good, he looks very average out there. and the point was made that guys like Dirk and Duncan cant stop each other... which is true. but they can match each other point for point, big play for big play... KG cannot do that. When KG goes against those guys, he pretty much always gets outplayed. but Dirk and Duncan dont really outplay each other. they just do their best to cancel each other out.

and im sick of the "talented player" bullshit. hes not that talented either. he is very average at creating for himself, and his best shot creation is a turnaround 15 footer. the rest of his points are scored off of putbacks, alley-oops, etc... which is where he gets some crazy reputation as a good post player, just because he gets put-backs. but ive never really seen him just post up the shit out of anyone, unless it was a mismatch, like a guard on him.

he is the ultimate "garbage" player, in that he is one of the best we've ever seen at cleaning up his teammates messes down low, but doesnt offer much else offensively.

KG = Overrated

Duncan, Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KG

stretch
05-02-2008, 08:12 AM
another thing... he won 66 games in the EAST with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Dirk won 67 games in the WEST with Josh Howard and Jason Terry.

Imagine what Dirk could do with a shooter like Allen, and a slasher like Pierce...

although in all honesty, Pierce is the MVP for the Celtics... not KG, and i have been saying that all season, and even before the season started, I said that Pierce will be the most important piece, but of course KG and all his BS hype will get him in the MVP talks and crap. Pierce IMO has always been one of the most overlooked and underrated players in the game and has always had shit for teammates, and i feel he is a top 10 player in the league. the dude has a very well rounded game. he can shoot, pass, drive, defend, rebound, dunk, move without the ball, hit clutch shots... he is probably the next most complete player behind Lebron and Kobe.

TheMACHINE
05-02-2008, 11:23 AM
because KG looks like a goat..and everyone likes goats.