PDA

View Full Version : Darius Songalia punches Lebron James video

Tacker
05-01-2008, 08:47 PM
What do you guys think, was that a punch or no? Now, Im not racist or anything but rarely do you see white players start a fight let alone throw the first punch.

Heres the video:
Bbcp40CEfzg

theMUHMEshow
05-01-2008, 08:50 PM
What do you guys think, was that a punch or no? Now, Im not racist or anything but rarely do you see white players start a fight let alone throw the first punch.

Heres the video:
Bbcp40CEfzg

Lebron is a whiny ass bitch made fool. I cannot stand his constant crying about the hard fouls. Deal with it.

m33p0
05-01-2008, 08:58 PM
more like a slap. cant deny songalia did want to hit him. lebron a weeeeeeeeeeee bit overdramatic there.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Lebron is a whiny ass bitch made fool. I cannot stand his constant crying about the hard fouls. Deal with it.

I watched all three minutes of that video, and didn't see Lebron whine about anything. You are an idiot. Deal with it.

Tacker
05-01-2008, 09:02 PM
It obviously wasn't an INTENDED punch because if it was, Lebron would be up in his face similiar to the Haywood incident.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 09:31 PM
It obviously doesn't matter because Stu-pid refuses to discipline anyone this season not named Bowen.

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Are you serious? Who the hell is this guy? Songalia? LeBron is VERY strong. James is 250 lbs of all muscle, he'd eat Songalia's chubby ass.

Maybe it's jealousy that LJ constantly sh*ts on the Wizards.

Kriz-Maxima
05-01-2008, 09:48 PM
It didnt look on purpose to me. Just people trying to create even more drama

theMUHMEshow
05-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I watched all three minutes of that video, and didn't see Lebron whine about anything. You are an idiot. Deal with it.

Wow, thanks for pointing out you dont follow anything going on in the NBA. :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Songaila would've gotten his face smashed in if Lebron went at him.

peskypesky
05-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Looks pretty clear to me that Songailia hacked at Lebron's Adam's Apple. It was a cheap shot and he should've been ejected from the game. Hard fouls are one thing, but that kind of punk sh-t has no place in a basketball game.

Red Hawk #21
05-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Deshawn stevenson probably thanked Songaila after the game.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow, thanks for pointing out you dont follow anything going on in the NBA. :toast
I guess not, since I've seen one quote from Lebron James answering a question about the tactics of the Wizards. Since one quote saying that it isn't working doesn't qualify as "constant crying" to me, I guess you'll have to show me all the other quotes to support your statement.

leemajors
05-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Looks pretty clear to me that Songailia hacked at Lebron's Adam's Apple. It was a cheap shot and he should've been ejected from the game. Hard fouls are one thing, but that kind of punk sh-t has no place in a basketball game.

did you watch the clip? lebron hooked his arm bad, and he tried to get it free.

Pistons < Spurs
05-01-2008, 11:58 PM
did you watch the clip? lebron hooked his arm bad, and he tried to get it free.

Exactly.

To be calling this a punch is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Their arms were locked, the act of pulling away and separating caused the resistance to diminish, and naturally his hand swung outward. This was nothing deliberate or intentional.

BlackSwordsMan
05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Jordan would have slapped him back.
Lebron is soft

JoeTait75
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Jordan would have slapped him back.
Lebron is soft

Jordan wouldn't have done anything, because he wasn't stupid. Danny Fucking Ferry took a swing at MJ during the 92 EC Finals and Jordan sure as hell didn't swing back.

The superstar isn't supposed to provide his own enforcement. MJ had Oakley and Bill Cartwright's flying elbows do it for him. LeBron carries the entire damn franchise on his back, he ought to have someone get his.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Jordan wouldn't have done anything, because he wasn't stupid. Danny Fucking Ferry took a swing at MJ during the 92 EC Finals and Jordan sure as hell didn't swing back.
He came damn close. Ferry was in there to piss him off, and did the best job I ever saw.

JackArse
05-02-2008, 12:21 AM
damn, lebron went to the spurs school of acting.

he sits there looks at him for a second. THEN his head snaps back..

weak of lebron on that one.

jbspurs
05-02-2008, 02:30 AM
damn, lebron went to the spurs school of acting.

he sits there looks at him for a second. THEN his head snaps back..

weak of lebron on that one.

Kinda like Nash after the big hit by Horry!! ANY BITE?

sprrs
05-02-2008, 03:09 AM
To be calling this a punch is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Their arms were locked, the act of pulling away and separating caused the resistance to diminish, and naturally his hand swung outward. This was nothing deliberate or intentional.

That's kind of an unnatural direction to swing your arm free. Plus he was staring at Lebron the whole time and didn't exactly look sorry about it afterwards.

It's not a punch, but to say it's not intentional is just wrong.

Thunder Dan
05-02-2008, 08:29 AM
if he were ejected like he should have been, Lebron makes the shot at the end of the game and the series is over.

Tacker
05-02-2008, 09:00 AM

The superstar isn't supposed to provide his own enforcement. MJ had Oakley and Bill Cartwright's flying elbows do it for him. LeBron carries the entire damn franchise on his back, he ought to have someone get his.

can someone confirm which game in the series this occured?

TheProfessor
05-02-2008, 09:16 AM
The best part is LeBron's initial sell of the "punch," followed later in the clip by him opening his jaw to show just how much it hurts. Would make Shawn Michaels proud.

bdubya
05-02-2008, 09:44 AM
He came damn close. Ferry was in there to piss him off, and did the best job I ever saw.

Hard to top Rodman V. Brickowski, though...

Tacker
05-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Hard to top Rodman V. Brickowski, though...

GQI0ZwDu4EI

sribb43
05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
LOL...LB23 gets punked again and nothing is said about it....if that was Dirk he would have been crucified

Thunder Dan
05-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Darius Songalia suspended for tonights game per ESPN

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-02-2008, 11:47 AM
way to go stern....... gotta keep LBJ in the playoffs.

KG gets away with murder.

I hate Stern's bias ruling

ambchang
05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Bird, McHale, Laimbeer, Havlicek ... yeah, white guys never start fights.

Thunder Dan
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM

Ron Artest too

rAm
05-02-2008, 12:26 PM

This is bullshit

Zee Laker
05-02-2008, 12:41 PM
:wow suspension? for that?

Good one Stren :rolleyes

SpursFanFirst
05-02-2008, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't say it was a "punch," but yeah, he did hit him in the face...like a backhanded slap.
As far as the suspension...well, he DID hit him in the face.
But, if the league is going to allow KG a break for pushing a ref and whatnot, then maybe they should've let this guy off?

I'm tired of all the rules changing in the league based on the player. It has gotten out of control.

Thunder Dan
05-02-2008, 01:10 PM
If it happened to anyone other than Lebron the TNT announcers don't make a big deal of it and he probably doesn't get suspended. I don't think Stu Jackson suspended him b/c he hit Lebron and not someone else, I think it was because they made such a big deal about it on TNT and why he wasn't ejected, and the league stepped in to show they don't condone that. But who the hell wants to watch the Wizards/Celtics anyways?

1Parker1
05-02-2008, 01:22 PM
This is getting out of hand. Even the Wiz coach, Eddie Jordan is getting in on the talking;

"I stand my ground. I thought he got tangled up with LeBron, and LeBron tried to get untangled. And in his method of trying to get untangled, Darius' arm just flew at his chin," Jordan said Thursday. "And LeBron's a terrific actor. We've seen some of his commercials."

:rolleyes Wiz need to get out of the first round before they think they can go around talking so much like this.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-02-2008, 01:24 PM
If it happened to anyone other than Lebron the TNT announcers don't make a big deal of it and he probably doesn't get suspended. I don't think Stu Jackson suspended him b/c he hit Lebron and not someone else, I think it was because they made such a big deal about it on TNT and why he wasn't ejected, and the league stepped in to show they don't condone that. But who the hell wants to watch the Wizards/Celtics anyways?

That scenario would throw what's left of the league's credibility right out the window.

And the suspension is pathetic. LeBron had as much to do with bringing up Songalia's arm as Songalia did.

Maybe they should have suspended LJ for hitting himself in the face?

bdubya
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
That scenario would throw what's left of the league's credibility right out the window.

And the suspension is pathetic. LeBron had as much to do with bringing up Songalia's arm as Songalia did.

Maybe they should have suspended LJ for hitting himself in the face?

I'm sure they'd give him a couple of FTs first.....

hater
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
fuck Lebron. Stevenson would wipe the floor w/his ass

wizards have a point. Jordan would have never cried this much and not gone to a rapper for some help in trashtalkin

duncan228
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2008/05/02/wizards.songaila.ap/index.html

Wizards' Songaila suspended one game for striking LeBron
Story Highlights
Darius Songaila will miss Game 6 of the first-round series
The suspension stems from an incident during Game 5

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Washington Wizards reserve forward Darius Songaila was suspended by the NBA for Game 6 of a playoff series against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday night for hitting LeBron James in the face with his hand.

Songaila, averaging 5.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in 15.4 minutes during the series, and Wizards coach Eddie Jordan have said the contact was accidental. Songaila was called for a technical foul, the latest in what has been a rough-and-tumble series.

Songaila participated in Washington's shootaround at its arena Friday morning, before the league announced the suspension.

He made contact with James' face in the first quarter of Washington's 88-87 win over the Cavaliers on Wednesday in Game 5. That victory allowed Washington to cut Cleveland's lead to 3-2 in the best-of-seven series.

"We got tangled up, my arm got caught inside of his, and when he tried to free himself, it was just an accident. He lifted my arm and it him right in the face. It was caused by him," Songaila said Thursday. "It wasn't my intention or anything like that. If anything, it was an accident."

Jordan watched video of the play and his opinion hadn't changed.

"I stand my ground. I thought he got tangled up with LeBron, and LeBron tried to get untangled. And in his method of trying to get untangled, Darius' arm just flew at his chin," Jordan said Thursday. "And LeBron's a terrific actor. We've seen some of his commercials."

ImmortalD24
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
SMFH!!! A suspension for that??????

stretch
05-02-2008, 03:45 PM
fuck Lebron. Stevenson would wipe the floor w/his ass

wizards have a point. Jordan would have never cried this much and not gone to a rapper for some help in trashtalkin

what the fuck are you talking about? when has lebron ever whined about anything in this series? the only thing that has happened is he is getting cheapshots thrown at him all day and is still getting right back up and kicking their ass as if its an every day affair...

Deuces88
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
You know LeBron was probably pissed and wanted to retaliate but how could he? He can't afford to be suspended. If he was, it would be a guaranteed loss for the Cavs. I like how he keeps his composure after being hit in the face by some random guy on the opposing team.

BUMP
05-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Garnett doesnt get suspended for pushing away the ref and elbowing pachulia in the face, kidd doesnt get suspended for throwing somebody to the ground, yet songaila gets suspended for an accidental forearm that wasnt even hard?

give me a break, this is ridiculous. he is the only guy to be suspended so far so apparently this mustve been the worst thing somebody has done

JoeTait75
05-02-2008, 04:40 PM
can someone confirm which game in the series this occured?

Yeah, I'll confirm it for you. Game 4, second quarter:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE1DE163AF935A15756C0A9649582 60

No one could accuse the Cavaliers of playing soft basketball in this game. Danny Ferry, Cleveland's reserve forward, was ejected with 10:05 left in the second quarter for throwing two punches at Jordan. The incident began when Jordan and Ferry collided while Jordan was cutting through the lane. The two players locked arms, then for no apparent reason, Ferry broke free and threw two punches.

Ferry said later that he had been hit in the throat by Jordan. But throwing a punch cost Ferry an automatic ejection. Meanwhile, Jordan cocked his right fist to retaliate, but Ehlo grabbed Jordan from behind. Ironically, Ehlo may have saved Jordan from being ejected, too.

I don't know what the rest of you are bitching about. They've been taking shots at LBJ the entire series, it's Game Six, someone's finally been suspended, and it's one of their bench stiffs. They're lucky it wasn't Haywood for Game Three.

Red Hawk #21
05-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Shouldn't Lebron have been the one who got suspended? http://youtube.com/watch?v=fjwPU046On4, check from 7:13 - 7:20. Keep up the star treatment Stern!

Deuces88
05-02-2008, 05:11 PM
This kinda makes me glad that Duncan isn't a fan favorite. That way he doesn't get any star treatment so his championships are hard earned.

Tacker
05-02-2008, 05:11 PM

You dumbass tell me a fight which McHale, Bird and Havlicek started it? Laimbeer I can see but not those. Die dumbass Die.

Tacker
05-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I'll confirm it for you. Game 4, second quarter:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE1DE163AF935A15756C0A9649582 60

No one could accuse the Cavaliers of playing soft basketball in this game. Danny Ferry, Cleveland's reserve forward, was ejected with 10:05 left in the second quarter for throwing two punches at Jordan. The incident began when Jordan and Ferry collided while Jordan was cutting through the lane. The two players locked arms, then for no apparent reason, Ferry broke free and threw two punches.

Ferry said later that he had been hit in the throat by Jordan. But throwing a punch cost Ferry an automatic ejection. Meanwhile, Jordan cocked his right fist to retaliate, but Ehlo grabbed Jordan from behind. Ironically, Ehlo may have saved Jordan from being ejected, too.

I don't know what the rest of you are bitching about. They've been taking shots at LBJ the entire series, it's Game Six, someone's finally been suspended, and it's one of their bench stiffs. They're lucky it wasn't Haywood for Game Three.

thanks, I wish there was a video I want to see it. But i believe you though

Deuces88
05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
You dumbass tell me a fight which McHale, Bird and Havlicek started it? Laimbeer I can see but not those. Die dumbass Die.

I remember the video where Bird fought Dr. J but Dr. J started it and Malone and Barkley were bitches and held Bird from behind.

jochhejaam
05-02-2008, 06:55 PM

Pure Bullcrap

kingsfan
05-02-2008, 06:57 PM
That's bullshit he was suspended :nope I told you you can't touch the golden child! it wasn't even a punch. Fuck you Stern