PDA

View Full Version : Aj wearing Spurs ring on Mavs' sidelines

phxspurfan
05-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I was just watching Inside the NBA and saw Avery Johnson on camera wearing his Spurs championship ring...while on the Mavs' sideline coaching that team. Does anyone else see a problem with that? I mean, who even wears that huge ring on a daily basis, much less while coaching the team's arch rival??

samikeyp
05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
No. He earned it, he should wear it. If I am a player on his team, I use it as inspiration. I want to win the title so I can see my coach wearing that ring.

Leetonidas
05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
No. He earned it, he should wear it. If I am a player on his team, I use it as inspiration. I want to win the title so I can see my coach wearing that ring.

I agree with this statement.

timvp
05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I was just watching Inside the NBA and saw Avery Johnson on camera wearing his Spurs championship ring...while on the Mavs' sideline coaching that team. Does anyone else see a problem with that? I mean, who even wears that huge ring on a daily basis, much less while coaching the team's arch rival??As AJ said in his retirement ceremony, his coaching career may take him to other teams but he'll always be a Spur at heart.

:hat

ducks
I have no problem with him wearing it
he was trying to get his guys to produce

ducks
aj has no heart

theMUHMEshow
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Woody wears his Piston ring on the Hawks sideline

BonnerDynasty
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
As AJ said in his retirement ceremony, his coaching career may take him to other teams but he'll always be a Spur at heart.

Yet he has no problems seeing Terry/Stack nut punch us every game.

Sausage
05-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Shows how much the players respected him going out to party for Josh Howard's B-Day in the middle of a playoff series with the Hornets. Now the Mavs have all offseason to smoke the tree and party all they want.

GSH
05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
The ring isn't a problem. It ought to get a little extra respect from his players, because he's been there before.

I still don't like AJ. But the more have read and thought about it, the more I have to credit the Cuban factor. A lot like the Jerry Jones factor, the players always know that someone is looking over the coaches shoulder, and nothing is official unless the owner says so.

Doesn't matter where he won the ring - he won one.

Louie Vega
05-01-2008, 11:07 PM
As AJ said in his retirement ceremony, his coaching career may take him to other teams but he'll always be a Spur at heart.

Yeah he did say that. I have a feeling dude is coming to be an assistant with the Sp:flag:urs.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Honestly i would not wear it mainly because Cuban is a bit crazy as an owner and i bet he did not like that very much. Avery did earn it though no question but in Dallas with Cuban probably not a good idea to wear it.

phxspurfan
05-02-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm not sure how I'd react if he came back to the Spurs as an assistant coach. What if he came back and took over after Duncan retired (and Pop subsequently)? I guess that would be pretty decent.