PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for the Spurs-Hornets Series

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Thoughts on strategies in the Spurs-Hornets series?

What should the Hornets employ strategically against the Spurs to win the series?

What should the Spurs employ strategically against the Hornets to win the series?

:wakeup

Deuces88
05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
For Hornets: Someone other than Paul has to step up BIG. If Paul's passing is limited, the team suffers, so you can't just let it happen and accept it. Other players need to step up. Either that or have some reserve off the bench spear Duncan in the knees

For Spurs: Limit Paul's assists and scoring. Play strong defense and let Duncan have a field day in the paint. Make necessary adjustments when necessary.

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Good transition D. Good court balance.

Pick up Chris Paul early.

Keep Chandler off the offensive boards.

Even though Paul can score a lot, the team is weaker if you really take away the other players.

Emphasize Tim on the block.

Take care of the basketball.

Take away their confidence early in game 1.

Shaolin-Style
05-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Bowen on Peja.

Push Tony to wear out Paul if hes guarding him.

Keep Bonzi off the offensive glass.

Feed it to Duncan to dominate downlow, should be warmed up and dominating after getting Shaq off his back.

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Traditional lineup = Oberto (or Thomas) with Tim, Tony, Manu and Bruce.

or do we go smaller with Tim, Finley, Tony, Manu and Bruce?

Does Tony or Bruce guard Chris Paul?

I would probably keep Tony on him most of the time.

What do you think?

PlayoffEx-static
05-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Attack Chris Paul. He pretty much sucks ass on defense.

Rebound.

Transition defense.

ducks
05-01-2008, 11:54 PM
let tp be agressive and hope paul wears down down the stress
make paul chase tp
set picks for tp make paul fight thru them

shut down west let the other hornets beat you
slow down paul and shut down west

Manufan909
05-02-2008, 01:35 AM
I would say, given what's been posted in other threads, and written in articles is to let Manu be the man. I think he should average the most shots this series, since in the Suns series he only shot around twelve a game in the last three, while Duncan and Tony averaged around twenty. But the Hornets don't have anyone to stop him, so I think Pop should let him go wild. And try to spread the offense more, because the Big Three can't carry us through every series. I hope Barry, Finley, Udoka, and Horry really stand up, because I know they can hit threes and help keep NO honest on defense.

SpurAddict561
05-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Definitely Manu

he roasted them in one of our wins against them in the season.

There isn't anyone even remotely close to Raja Bell at a dfensive stand point

Manu for tressss babbyy

raspsa
05-02-2008, 07:41 AM
I think Manu has the potential to make the difference. Its at SG that there is a marked difference in experience/talent with manu's resume definitely superior to Pargo's. I just hope manu is healthy. He did participate in that strenuous practice session recently w/c is somewhat reassuring.

I'd like to see Vaughn take on Paul for a stretch. Just out of curiosity.

spursfan09
05-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Manu is key. If Manu is fine and plays the way he can, then we got this. If not then it will be a hard fought series.

VoiceofReason
05-02-2008, 08:11 AM

Rebound.

Transition defense.

Let's see . . . Paul is among the top five in the league in steals, number 2 among point guards in defensive rebounds, etc. Not too shabby on defense.

cjjr72984
05-02-2008, 08:29 AM

Rebound.

Transition defense.

Some people cease to amaze me. :lmao

Paul will probably get first team defense for the point guard position but his defense "pretty much sucks ass"?

1Parker1
05-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Get Ginobili Healthy.

kace
05-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Let's see . . . Paul is among the top five in the league in steals, number 2 among point guards in defensive rebounds, etc. Not too shabby on defense.

So, i suppose Bowen should be a poor defender since he hasn't many steals or rebounds :rolleyes.

Is paul good at preventing his man from scoring ? it's the real question. and i think paul is only decent at this. nothing more.

Anyway,TP will answer this question.