PDA

View Full Version : Bowen has not made a shot yet...

TwoHandJam
01-21-2005, 11:34 PM
He's personally robbed Tony of about 4 assists and yet Pop won't give Brown more time.

Why!?? :cuss

boutons
01-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Bruce's shots are not even close.

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 11:41 PM
He's having a bad night. Pop finally wised up and put in Devin/Barry. Because they weren't even having to guard Bowen.

Sense
01-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Bruce is on my fantasy team for the threes and he aint making them, expect him to have a better second half.

Everyone's fired up, they see Tim actually dunking often, THIS IS THE TIM I'VE BEEN WAITING TO SEE!

Expect a better game.

SequSpur
01-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Devin Brown on Nash should wear Nash's ass out.

TwoHandJam
01-21-2005, 11:45 PM
He's having a bad night. Pop finally wised up and put in Devin/Barry. Because they weren't even having to guard Bowen.
Geez, finally.

Now if Parker would just wake the hell up. Parker's inconsistency really gets to me. He plays like a superstar for a string of games and all of a sudden he'll disappear in a big game.

I really want to see him turn things around in the second half. This is his fourth year in the league. If he wants to turn the corner and take his game to the next level he has to learn how to salvage games like this. I can understand having a bad quarter in a big game but a bad half is unacceptable.

On a positive note, Manu is playing like a superstar. Maybe it's something personal against D'Antoni from his days in the euroleague. :hat

boutons
01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
and Devin hits a 3 to close the half on a cross court behind the back pass from Manu, who's really in a groove, while hurting in his hip, ankle, bandaged thigh, what fucking courageous mofo, worth every penny.

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
I really want to see him turn things around in the second half. This is his fourth year in the league. If he wants to turn the corner and take his game to the next level he has to learn how to salvage games like this. I can understand having a bad quarter in a big game but a bad half is unacceptable.

He's had like 10-15 good games in a row. You do realize that every other point guard in the league -- Nash, Marbury, Kidd, everyone -- has a bad half every once in a while.

1Parker1
01-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Tony just seems tired tonight, also he's not as quick or focused.

TwoHandJam
01-21-2005, 11:51 PM
He's had like 10-15 good games in a row. You do realize that every other point guard in the league -- Nash, Marbury, Kidd, everyone -- has a bad half every once in a while.
I understand that Kori but you have to admit that his stinkers seem to happen a little too often in big games. I can maybe understand his faltering against the Nets in the '03 playoffs because he was still pretty green but this is his fourth year in the league and this is a pretty big regular season game. If he wants to get to that next level he has to show up especially in the games that mean something. That's what separates the greats from the also-rans.

SequSpur
01-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Fuck, the real game starts in the second half anyway.

ITS ON!

ShoogarBear
Hmm, what about the last Phoenix game?

smeagol
and Devin hits a 3 to close the half on a cross court behind the back pass from Manu, who's really in a groove, while hurting in his hip, ankle, bandaged thigh, what fucking courageous mofo, worth every penny.
:nope courageous are the people who go to war, remember?

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 11:53 PM
He also showed up big in first game against the Suns this season at the SBC -- that was a big regular season game as well.

I just hate the exaggerations of his inconsistency. He's not that inconsistent anymore.

exstatic
01-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Tony is doing a pretty good job on Nash. His shot is off, which is going to happen, but as stated, Bruce is taking assists off of his stat line by clanking repeatedly.

TwoHandJam
01-21-2005, 11:57 PM
He also showed up big in first game against the Suns this season at the SBC -- that was a big regular season game as well.

I just hate the exaggerations of his inconsistency. He's not that inconsistent anymore.
I'm not saying he hasn't improved. He has, but you can still be consistent against most teams and fail to show up for big games more often than your average game. I just get that impression.

It's critical to stop Nash. He's the head of the snake. Stop him and you stop the Suns.

Kori Ellis
01-21-2005, 11:59 PM
He has, but you can still be consistent against most teams and fail to show up for big games more often than your average game.

Name the other big regular season games this year that he didn't show up.

Name another top point guard and check if they showed up for more big games.

All I'm saying is to relax.

SequSpur
01-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Parker is notorious for not showing up for games. That's where guards like Speedy Claxton come into play.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Name the other big regular season games this year that he didn't show up.

Name another top point guard and check if they showed up for more big games.

All I'm saying is to relax.
As I said Kori, I just get that impression. As you are, I'm watching the game right now so I'm not going to pour over the stats I would have to to find out right now. It wouldn't surprise me if he lags in this regard however.

Again, Parker needs to step it up if we are to win this game. Nash is the key and he is responsible for shutting him down or at least matching his output.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-22-2005, 12:07 AM
That one has to be the last straw for the night.

Barry or Brown or both. No more Bowen.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Jesus, Bowen is torpedoing us.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Barry..... yeah! Manu with the flush!

Nikos
01-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Pop finally takes Bowen out. Glad he didn't let Bowen go 0-12 before he took him out.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Tony Parker is deferring to Rose and Massenburg right now. Is this what we've become now?

What crap.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Jesus H. Christ does no one on our team know how to guard Nash on a screen and roll?
He's only been doing it all night.

Fucking ridiculous.

T Park
01-22-2005, 12:33 AM
down 15,

just play Wilks and the others.

You cant beat a team when they are hot, and your pretty much hamstrung with no big guys.

BTW, it would be nice if Brent Barry could bag an open three once in a while.

SequSpur
01-22-2005, 12:33 AM
WTF is Parker doing? What happened to the allstar? Dude, needs to wake the fuck up right now.

This is the game of the first half of the season. And this mofo is nowhere to be found?

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Ginobili is playing like a monster and we're just pissing it away. I want to see a few things in this 4th quarter:

I want Parker to wake the fuck up.

I want Tim to show me the real MVP. This definitely qualifies as the time when an MVP should put the team on his shoulders.

I want some, any wing player to start hitting open 3's.

Is that too much to ask?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Ginobili is playing like a monster and we're just pissing it away. I want to see a few things in this 4th quarter:

I want Parker to wake the fuck up.

I want Tim to show me the real MVP. This definitely qualifies as the time when an MVP should put the team on his shoulders.

I want some, any wing player to start hitting open 3's.

Is that too much to ask?

Will you take a 22-foot jumper and a Beno layup to start?

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Why is Jake Freaking Voshkul schooling Tim!?!? I'm so tired of this bullshit. Wake up Tim!!!!!!!!!!

T Park
01-22-2005, 12:45 AM
down 15,

just play Wilks and the others.

You cant beat a team when they are hot, and your pretty much hamstrung with no big guys.

whottt
01-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Voshkul is schooling Tim because Tim is doubling up on Nash and Nash is beating the double with his passes.

It's not Duncan there...it's the fact that Beno can't guard Nash and Parker didn't think he was going to have too.

whottt
01-22-2005, 12:47 AM

This is a fair comment...Barry missed the most wide open shot in NBA history in the third quarter...

T Park
01-22-2005, 12:52 AM
His missed his shair of wide open shots in big games.

Houston

Now tonight

Now, its still early and he can redeem himself cause hes gonna see some open shots .

But his defense needs to freakin pick up, leavin guys open on transition is NOT an option.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Couple of ugly turnovers but we're back to within 4.

I WANT THIS FUCKING WIN! WE NEEEEEED THIS KIND OF WIN.

COME ON SPURS!

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Voshkul is schooling Tim because Tim is doubling up on Nash and Nash is beating the double with his passes.

It's not Duncan there...it's the fact that Beno can't guard Nash and Parker didn't think he was going to have too.
Not for all those possessions. That scoop shot Voshkul made with his left was when Tim was guarding him straight up.

T Park
01-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Devin needs to be smarter with the ball.

Barry must make his open threes.

Udrih must continue running the offense.

Duncan?? Upfake and drive by stoudemire, he cant hang defensively with you DAMMNIT!!!

Did I just hear that Manu now has 38?!?!?!?

Wow, where is

Manu = Manure now????

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm starting to see a strong case for timvp thinking Barry shrinks when it counts. That's the second big wide open 3 he's passed up and that could have cost us the game.

ShoogarBear
01-22-2005, 01:06 AM
I agree, we didn't get him to pass up open threes in the 4th quarter.

Ghost Writer
01-22-2005, 01:06 AM
Bowen has been better than his usual crappy self this season, but remember my old adage:

If Bowen's not stopping anyone, than he's not worth playing.

He could be the worst starting SF in the NBA.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm starting to see a strong case for timvp thinking Barry shrinks when it counts. That's the second big wide open 3 he's passed up and that could have cost us the game.
Well fuck me silly.........

I take all back Bones.... You rock!

Tim 2/2!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Spurminator
01-22-2005, 01:11 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm starting to see a strong case for timvp thinking Barry shrinks when it counts.

I got your back, 2HJ, I was thinking the same thing.

Guess Barry schooled us.

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:12 AM
He could be the worst starting SF in the NBA.

That won player of the week

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Horrible D on transition

now you have to muster 5 more minutes???

hard to believe its gonna happen.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:13 AM
I WANT THIS GAME! I WANT BLOOD!

Spurminator
01-22-2005, 01:14 AM
That was fine D. Marion was double teamed. He made a great shot.

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:15 AM
That was fine D.

Udrih flying by helplessly IMO is not good D.

ShoogarBear
01-22-2005, 01:16 AM
That won player of the week

:lol

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Yeah Tim! Where the fuck you been?! Flush it!

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Beno Udrih's contributions shoudl NOT go unnoticed.

Great hustle in the 4th and this overtime.

Just made a great poke at Nash, great hustle to knock away a three from Marion.

Udrih playin nutty ball as well.

Very Claxton esque.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Ginobili!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK!

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Manu Ginobili making the late All Star Push with this game.

Kick ass manuuuuuu.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:21 AM
Beno Udrih's contributions shoudl NOT go unnoticed.

Great hustle in the 4th and this overtime.

Just made a great poke at Nash, great hustle to knock away a three from Marion.

Udrih playin nutty ball as well.

Very Claxton esque.
You're so right TPark. Udrih is a fucking keeper. This guy is going to be a very good player.

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Brown! What a pass!

Tim! Flush!

TwoHandJam
01-22-2005, 01:27 AM
What a fucking unbelievable game!

This is exactly what the doctor ordered for this team. A tough road win against a quality club.

Welcome to the all-star game Pop. :lol