PDA

View Full Version : The Hawks will be defeated by Stern's refs.

tim_duncan_fan
05-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Expect all sorts of iffy and downright terrible calls against Atlanta on Sunday. David Stern wants his Celts in the Finals.

ChumpDumper
05-02-2008, 11:54 PM
I expect more duplicate threads.

Nahtanoj
05-03-2008, 12:23 AM

me twoo

DazedAndConfused
05-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Stern is not responsible for the Hawks losing by an average of about 20+ points on the road.

JoeTait75
05-03-2008, 12:31 AM
What does Boston's margin need to be to avoid Lone Gunman theorizing?

sprrs
05-03-2008, 01:08 AM
What does Boston's margin need to be to avoid Lone Gunman theorizing?

<=-1

Capt Bringdown
05-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Forget the margin, it's just one game.
Celtics are reeling.
Choke city.

I hope :)

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2008, 05:13 AM
if the hawks do lose, i hope childress rethinks about his contract :D:D:D:D

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 05:16 AM
See, most people think Celtics have this wrapped up. Not so much. Yes, it's in the Celtics home, but now Hawks realize their chance. They have a chance to get to the next round with just ONE more win so you better realize they will be coming out fighting their best fight. I expect to see Joe Johnson put out his best game of the season in this one.

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 09:53 AM
See, most people think Celtics have this wrapped up. Not so much. Yes, it's in the Celtics home, but now Hawks realize their chance. They have a chance to get to the next round with just ONE more win so you better realize they will be coming out fighting their best fight. I expect to see Joe Johnson put out his best game of the season in this one.

I agree. I concur. C/S. All of that shit. :toast

mFFL03
05-03-2008, 09:56 AM
i'd be laughing my ass off if they do lose and I see one of those stupid celtic dramatic NBA commercials.....seriously....WTF have they done? if you are gonna make that commercial you make one about the spurs, then the lakers, then the celtics....

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 09:58 AM
i'd be laughing my ass off if they do lose and I see one of those stupid celtic dramatic NBA commercials.....seriously....WTF have they done? if you are gonna make that commercial you make one about the spurs, then the lakers, then the celtics....

....and the pistons

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 10:00 AM
....and the pistons

Spurs and Pistons in the Finals...BOOK IT!!!

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Spurs and Pistons in the Finals...BOOK IT!!!

You can book that times 2! The pistons finally get their rematch aginst the spurs and I think it's going to go 7 games again. Can't wait.:toast

SAGambler
05-03-2008, 10:04 AM
If the Hawks continue to drive it to the net, Boston will be beaten.

For all the "great defense" put up by the Celts, they have no answer for the Hawks when the Hawks are takin it to em.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 10:05 AM
You can book that times 2! The pistons finally get their rematch aginst the spurs and I think it's going to go 7 games again. Can't wait.:toast

Hell yeah, bro...LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!! :toast

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Hell yeah, bro...LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!! :toast

Defense vs Defense finals. The best AND it went 7 games. Best finals in a while. However, Pistons are not as good as they were in 05, so we'll take em in 6 games ^^

m33p0
05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
its a game 7. all bets are off!

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
its a game 7. all bets are off!

Yup...anything can happen in Game 7...I say Hawks by 5 and Stern cries for a week... :lol

Red Hawk #21
05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I expect to see plenty of terrible calls in Boston, the Celtics are the better team but if we can just find some way to win this would be great.

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Defense vs Defense finals. The best AND it went 7 games. Best finals in a while. However, Pistons are not as good as they were in 05, so we'll take em in 6 games ^^

Well the pistons bench right now is far superior then the bench in 05 so I don't know about. But I feel the same way about the spurs....I just want a good series and hopefully my team can take it in 6 or 7.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Well the pistons bench right now is far superior then the bench in 05 so I don't know about. But I feel the same way about the spurs....I just want a good series and hopefully my team can take it in 6 or 7.

I think the only thing that holds the Pistons back from going to the finals is their emotions. It's like they just give up too easily. They should of defeated Cavs last year but it's like they didn't bother. I've seen LeBron drive in for a dunk and NO Pistons move to stop him. They just stand there and watch. WTF? Is something wrong with them.

If anything keeps Pistons from finals, it's mental, not physical/talent-wise. Also, I would like to see Big Ben come back home to Detroit :ihit

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I think the only thing that holds the Pistons back from going to the finals is their emotions. It's like they just give up too easily. They should of defeated Cavs last year but it's like they didn't bother. I've seen LeBron drive in for a dunk and NO Pistons move to stop him. They just stand there and watch. WTF? Is something wrong with them.

If anything keeps Pistons from finals, it's mental, not physical/talent-wise. Also, I would like to see Big Ben come back home to Detroit :ihit

This is nothing but the truth. The pistons have had a mental collapse for the 2nd straight year and us pistons fans had to deal with that nonsense but it should not happen this time around. Sixers series should be a wake up call. But there such a veteran team that you always have to think like that. You would think they would get their act together but somehow they just fuck up at the wrong time. Maybe this time since they have a bench and more than enuogh experiences, it should not be problem getting to the finals for them.

As for Ben Wallce, Fuck him, he doesn't deserve to come back to detroit. His pass got revoked as soon as he joined one of our rivals.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 10:59 AM
This is nothing but the truth. The pistons have had a mental collapse for the 2nd straight year and us pistons fans had to deal with that nonsense but it should not happen this time around. Sixers series should be a wake up call. But there such a veteran team that you always have to think like that. You would think they would get their act together but somehow they just fuck up at the wrong time. Maybe this time since they have a bench and more than enuogh experiences, it should not be problem getting to the finals for them.

As for Ben Wallce, Fuck him, he doesn't deserve to come back to detroit. His pass got revoked as soon as he joined one of our rivals.

I remember when, for some reason, I rooted for the Pistons starting in 03. Maybe it was because I didn't like the Nets at the time and wanted the Pistons to beat them bad. Then in 04, I rooted for them again and harder when Rasheed came. When finals 04 came around, I definitely pegged the Pistons to destroy the Lakers. I even called them winning game 3, 4, and 5 at home and finishing the series.

In 05, I liked them again, but things conflicted because my fav. player was Tim Duncan (I wasn't a total fan of the Spurs, but I just admire and respect Tim Duncan as a player so much) and I thoroughly enjoyed that series.

The only thing that stops another Spur-Pistons finals is something freakish happening. I'm not talking about rigged calls because Spurs and Pistons have overcame that in the past (Pistons in 04 finals; we all know there were rigged calls for that supposedly "stacked" Laker team). I'm talking about something out of the ordinary like Tim Duncan being injured (but still playing) + Ginobili committing one of the dumbest fouls in NBA Playoff History or Pistons having a nervous breakdown and blowing their shot.

mFFL03
05-03-2008, 10:59 AM
....and the pistons

:rollin:lmao

UCantHandleTheTruth
05-03-2008, 11:03 AM
It would only be fair if "Stern's refs" helped out the Celtics after the refs handed the Hawks the game in Atlanta last night with 47 free throws, that off the ball 6th foul call on Pierce for marginal contact (a call that which hasn't been made all year, let alone to foul out a star with under 5 minutes left in game 6 of a playoff series), the call against Ray Allen when Bibby slipped and there wasn't even any contact.

What's Atlanta averaging for free throw attempts in ATL...40+?

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 11:04 AM
It would only be fair if "Stern's refs" helped out the Celtics after the refs handed the Hawks the game in Atlanta last night with 47 free throws, that off the ball 6th foul call on Pierce for marginal contact (a call that which hasn't been made all year, let alone to foul out a star with under 5 minutes left in game 6 of a playoff series), the call against Ray Allen when Bibby slipped and there wasn't even any contact.

Oh man, the crying begins already. Save it for Sunday :lmao

Tacker
05-03-2008, 11:06 AM
If this chokejob goes down, im going to stop watching NBA

boutons_
05-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Game6 @ATL:

PF: Hawks 47 vs 25

FT pts: Hawks 36 vs 20, Hawks W by 3.

Game7 @BOS: refs makeup-to-Celts game?

Everybody, teams, NBA, refs, literally $profits from more games.

No matter who wins the series, 7 games is more $$$ than 4 games, the refs profting individually per game ref'd.

Don Quixote
05-03-2008, 11:20 AM
If the game's close at the end, the Celtics will get the calls necessary for a victory.

Count on it.

UCantHandleTheTruth
05-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh man, the crying begins already. Save it for Sunday :lmaoI'm not going to save it for Sunday as I highly doubt it's going to be needed.

The Hawks are not going to get the ridiculous calls they got in Atlanta in our house and they are not going to shoot 47 free throws again.

Agloco
05-03-2008, 11:53 AM

I also expect duplicate comments referring to said threads.......

Agloco
05-03-2008, 11:55 AM

Why the hell should it matter who made contact? A foul is a foul. If it's your sixth, sit the fuck down.....

DazedAndConfused
05-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Something to keep in mind, the home teams usually get the calls their way.

UCantHandleTheTruth
05-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Why the hell should it matter who made contact? A foul is a foul. If it's your sixth, sit the fuck down.....It does matter and it has mattered for a long time.