PDA

View Full Version : I feel REALLY bad for T-Mac...

TDfan2007
05-02-2008, 11:54 PM
The guy has ZERO luck in terms of teammates. Absolutely zero. He played his heart out tonight and for the whole series but his team SUCKED. By far the least talented team in the playoffs this year. This loss is not on him at all. His teammates just completely dissapeared on him tonight.

I just wish he'd learn how to shoot a goddamn free throw...

ducks
05-02-2008, 11:56 PM
he choked when it mattered in second half like ususally

reck21
05-03-2008, 12:03 AM
That scolla (sp?) guy has been the one carrying Houston in this game..

I dont feel the least sadness for Tracy..

The cavs aren't any better and James has made that team better for himself. T-MAC is an average player that will most likely never get out of round 1 of the playoffs.

Allanon
05-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Only Scola and TMac have had more than 2 points of the guys playing...and it was the 4th quarter.

Biggems
05-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Gotta love MeMac getting beat again in the 1st round.....he has been cursed ever since that smack talk when up 3-1 on the Pistons and then losing....

Brox6
Another first round exit for TMac..the curse continues...

DAF86
Rockets role players are more talented than Spurs role players

remingtonbo2001
05-03-2008, 12:10 AM

:lol PLEASE?!?

Brox6
05-03-2008, 12:11 AM
how many first round exit does TMac have?

TDfan2007
05-03-2008, 12:12 AM

They are, but the Rockets don't have a big 3 like we do.

Also, if Yao was healthy then the Rockets would have slaughtered Utah.

ducks
05-03-2008, 12:13 AM
got to love those points mcgrady scored in the 3 quarter

that is right a big fat 0

Pandaemonaeon

Foul trouble, maybe.

ducks

and rockets have 7 straight first round exits

armand0
05-03-2008, 12:15 AM

7 :lmao

trueD
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM

He's been to the playoffs seven times. So, seven.

DAF86
05-03-2008, 12:17 AM

Make the comparission.

SpursDynasty
05-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, he's good enough to score 13 points in 35 seconds, isn't he? Didn't his team also win 22 straight?

The Rockets deserve every loss they get. Fortunately this series hasn't been handed to them like much of the regular season was.

endrity
05-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I also feel bad for him. This loss isn't on him and people should stop criticizing the best player on the team when things go bad. Rockets' roster without Yao is what it is... not very good. There isn't anything anyone can do with that as we know from Kobe the last few years.

bobbyjoe
05-03-2008, 01:13 AM
got to love those points mcgrady scored in the 3 quarter

that is right a big fat 0

Did you watch the game? The Jazz were doubling hard on McGrady after his 28 point outburst in the first half. They were sending help and leaving Brooks/Bobby Jackson wide open and the 2 missed wide open 3 after 3 in the 3rd Quarter.

If you blame a guy who had 40,10, and 5 for a playoff loss because in one of the 4th quarters he had 0 points you just dont understand the game of basketball.

The Rockets lost this series because of injuries to Yao Ming, Rafer Alston, and a very good series by Deron Williams. McGrady is the sole reason this series went 6 instead of 4.

I understand some want to hate on a guy because they simply hate him but you just make yourself look like a moron criticizing a guy on a nigh with 40, 10, and 5 when the rest of the team around him did absolutely nothing despite being afforded wide open shot after wide open shot.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-03-2008, 01:16 AM

I wouldn't go that far. They just maybe are collectively younger.

I wouldn't mind having Battier and Landry, but the rest aren't that much better talent wise or smarts-wise.

Indazone
05-03-2008, 04:07 AM
We were toast after Alston went down with an ankle sprain. I told the guys with me that we were done. Mail the season in cause it's over. The fat lady is singing. And that was the 2nd Qtr.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 04:22 AM
You'd think after a 22-game winning streak, he'd finally make out of round 1.

Damn, imagine if he ended his NBA career without ever making it out of round 1. He'd be so depressed :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2008, 05:10 AM
at least his rockets team showed more heat than that nuggets team that got swept

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 05:15 AM
at least his rockets team showed more heat than that nuggets team that got swept

Well Nuggets don't play defense. They are number 2, behind Warriors, in giving up the most points (allowing an average of 107 points each game). It's almost as if they just stand there and watch their opponents score. It's not that hard to out-do the Nuggets in the playoffs.

Shaolin-Style
05-03-2008, 05:16 AM
Didn't one year he say something like "it feels good to finally make it out of the first round" before his team had closed the series and ended up blowing it?

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Didn't one year he say something like "it feels good to finally make it out of the first round" before his team had closed the series and ended up blowing it?

Yea, the Magic were up on Pistons 3-1, TMac bragged and then got his ass handed to him the next 3 games.

angel_luv
05-03-2008, 07:23 AM
T-Mac has never acted the fool or been a super snob, at least so far as I am aware.
So it is hard not to feel a little sorry for the guy.
Of course, I would never want him to win over the Spurs so if he loses in the first round, it spares us the trouble of eliminating him later on- which we would.

jman3000
05-03-2008, 09:29 AM

in his defense that was the first year the nba switched to the 7 game first round playoff series... but yeah... it was a pretty retarded comment.

mFFL03
05-03-2008, 09:33 AM
no man can do it alone....i don't care if you are tmac, kobe, dirk, or duncan....you're gonna need help and ALOT of it

SAGambler
05-03-2008, 10:14 AM
They are, but the Rockets don't have a big 3 like we do.

Also, if Yao was healthy then the Rockets would have slaughtered Utah.

That is probably true. The problem is, has there ever been a year that either Yao or TMac or both weren't injured in the second half of the season? And no matter how good they are, if they have health issues every year, they are going to continue to have health issues.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 10:23 AM
no man can do it alone....i don't care if you are tmac, kobe, dirk, or duncan....you're gonna need help and ALOT of it

In 03, you can say Duncan did it alone. He really didn't have anyone else. Robinson was washed up. Parker and Ginobili were inconsistent and no where near the level they are now. And everyone else were role players. Duncan was the only good person on the team and he still lead them to the 2nd title, winning each series in 6 games.

TDfan2007
05-03-2008, 04:03 PM
In 03, you can say Duncan did it alone. He really didn't have anyone else. Robinson was washed up. Parker and Ginobili were inconsistent and no where near the level they are now. And everyone else were role players. Duncan was the only good person on the team and he still lead them to the 2nd title, winning each series in 6 games.

You can't compare Tim to Kobe and T-Mac. Tim is the best 5 on 5 basketball player on earth, bar none. He makes his teammates better in a way that few do or have ever done.

Armando
05-03-2008, 06:24 PM

I dont feel the least sadness for Tracy..

The cavs aren't any better and James has made that team better for himself. T-MAC is an average player that will most likely never get out of round 1 of the playoffs.

The difference is that James is in the East. Beating the Wizards is not the same as trying to beat Utah or Dallas.

Roxsfan
05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
tmac will be fine

sribb43
05-04-2008, 12:16 AM
tmac should have stayed in toronto with VC...it was his own fault going after the money

icem
05-04-2008, 12:26 AM

duncan is a big man.... it is much harder to lead a team to greatness as a shooting guard than as a big man.

Indazone
05-04-2008, 10:19 AM
T-Mac will be fine. Next year we are gonna be stacked and we will have another year of learning Adleman's offense. Landry will be better, Alston returns and Francis comes off surgery. Yao Ming will anchor the team and Scola's playoff experience will help for next year.

DaDakota
05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I don't feel sorry for him, the team did all it could....they will come back stronger and more importantly HEALHTY next year.

Due to injuries, we lost our contention status....

With a healthy Yao, Francis and Rafer, the Rockets would have been the number 1 seed.....

Next year baby...next year.

DD

The Franchise
05-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't feel sorry for him, the team did all it could....they will come back stronger and more importantly HEALHTY next year.

Due to injuries, we lost our contention status....

With a healthy Yao, Francis and Rafer, the Rockets would have been the number 1 seed.....

Next year baby...next year.

DD

Yeah you're right. Looking at how this team played without it's best player was inspiring. Losing last year hurt a lot more. I don't feel so bad after this one, because I can see that if we are healthy next year there isn't anyone we can't beat in a seven game series. I think the people who are hating right now know this as well.