PDA

View Full Version : Vescey: The New Mavericks head coach is......

xtremesteven33
05-03-2008, 12:49 AM
......Rick Carlisle per Peter Vescey from NBATV......

sa_kid20
05-03-2008, 12:53 AM
I just heard that too.

timvp
05-03-2008, 12:56 AM
ROFL. They just hired AJ II. The Mavs and their fans whine about AJ's hardassness and lack of people skills and they are Carlisle.

You couldn't make this up :rollin

P.S.

It's Vescey so it's probably not true ... but it'd be pretty damn funny if it is.

m33p0
05-03-2008, 12:56 AM
peter vescey? might need more confirmation than that.

milkyway21
05-03-2008, 01:01 AM
I like Carlisle.
but what Cuban did to Avery was disrespectful. Can't he wait for just a week or two to fire him?

I don't think this will turn things around next season.
So many issues to confront with. Like, for instance is Howard through with his weeds days? There were rumors about this few weeks ago, right? (just correct me if I'm wrong).

itzsoweezee
05-03-2008, 01:13 AM
peter vescey is NEVER right.

there should be rule banning any post that references peter vescey as an authority on any assertion whatsoever.

JamStone
05-03-2008, 01:15 AM
This does not bode well for Rick Carlisle. Vescey just probably sealed his fate as a WNBA coach.

m33p0
05-03-2008, 01:49 AM
cuban should hire a GM and just let go of the business and be a plain fan.

pawe
05-03-2008, 02:32 AM
I like Carlisle.
but what Cuban did to Avery was disrespectful. Can't he wait for just a week or two to fire him?

I don't think this will turn things around next season.
So many issues to confront with. Like, for instance is Howard through with his weeds days? There were rumors about this few weeks ago, right? (just correct me if I'm wrong).

He's probably lighting one up already with george and terry as we speak.

E20
05-03-2008, 02:41 AM
He's probably lighting one up already with george and terry as we speak.
They're probably in a cramped apartment smoking weed and re-telling the GS Warriors while high and laughing. LOL

Extra Stout
05-03-2008, 08:06 AM
That's weird; I thought Derrick Coleman's cardiologist was a sure thing for the Mavericks' gig.

SPARKY
05-03-2008, 08:09 AM
Cubes will go the Jerry Jones route and hire a lesser-known coach who he can make his bitch.

GrandeDavid
05-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Vescey is such a DB. I don't know how he's still in the biz.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I'd like to see more confirmation, but here on the Ticket in Dallas Carlisle was at the top of the list from the sports guys as far as candidates the day that AJ got canned.

Hope it's true, this would cement the Mavs as an afterthought for the rest of the TD era.

wildbill2u
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I think Cuban did it deliberately to show his displeasure and power. Dallas news reported that Cuban and Avery had a shouting argument in Avery's office after a loss a week or so before the playoffs began.

I don't think Cuban is the type of CEO owner who would let that go without a response as soon as possible. Avery had to know he was on the chopping block.

Avery didn't help with his cancelling the final practice before the last game because of the flap over Josh Howard's birthday party. The ouster of the Mavs gave Cuban the final excuse.

san antonio spurs
05-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd like to see more confirmation, but here on the Ticket in Dallas Carlisle was at the top of the list from the sports guys as far as candidates the day that AJ got canned.

Hope it's true, this would cement the Mavs as an afterthought for the rest of the TD era.

You've to be kidding me. He sure is a disciplinarian but his coaching abilities are off the charts. His X's and O's and in game adjustements will be better than Avery's.

T Park
05-03-2008, 10:55 AM
You've to be kidding me. He sure is a disciplinarian but his coaching abilities are off the charts. His X's and O's and in game adjustements will be better than Avery's.

Uh no.

Carlisle is extremely overrated.

The freaking Sonics passed over him fort PJ.

Think about it.

Das Texan
05-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Oh please let this happen.

Please.

Harry Callahan
05-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Cubes will go the Jerry Jones route and hire a lesser-known coach who he can make his bitch.

You mean like Bill Parcells?

Jerry gets lumped in with the Mavericks owner way too much.

If Jerry did a tenth of what Son of Frankenstein does, I'd be surprised.

At least Jerry's played the game at the college level and been involved in the NFL business for 20 freakin years. If Jerry was so awful to work with, why is Dave Campo back coaching in Dallas?

Avery probably got paid in full to walk away and not say what a total A-hole Cuban is. It's a win win for Avery - he is probably relieved to be done with the Mavies. I live in the Dallas area and I love it that Cuban's little basketball empire has risen and collapsed and all the while he has to look south down I-35 to find a true basketball dynasty.

Cuban treats his team like a fantasy league. And, unlike Jerry, he treats his subordinates like crap.

If Rick C has already been hired, then Mongaloid boy lied again since it was initally said an exhaustive search would be conducted. Cuban probably found out the best coaches want no part of him.

remingtonbo2001
05-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Avery should've fired Cuban.

Tacker
05-03-2008, 11:34 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93977

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-03-2008, 11:41 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93977

?
This thread came first.