PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Farewell and adieu to you

DarrinS
05-03-2008, 06:56 AM
"Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again. "

Hawks in 7.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 06:57 AM
I think Hawks may just win. This is the first elimination game they face on the road in this playoffs so they will definitely bring everything they have including the kitchen sink.

I will definitely be watching this from start to finish tomorrow. Hawks shown they can make a comeback when down by 10+ against the Celtics so I'm not counting them out until regulation ends.

Biggems
05-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I think Hawks may just win. This is the first elimination game they face on the road in this playoffs so they will definitely bring everything they have including the kitchen sink.

I will definitely be watching this from start to finish tomorrow. Hawks shown they can make a comeback when down by 10+ against the Celtics so I'm not counting them out until regulation ends.

The Hawks dont have a chance......The Leprechauns will be out in force. The Celtics will get every call. The Hawks will fight valiently, but in the end, they will be beaten by double digits......I hate the Celtics....

angel_luv
05-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Holy Moley!

The Hawks won!

Wow!

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 08:39 AM
I think there might be a reason no one in the big 3 has had any success in the Playoffs. Everyone gives McGrady a hard time, but Garnett has only been out of the 1st round once in 8 trys.

BonnerDynasty
05-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Hawks will lose by 30. They can't play without their crowd.

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2008, 09:10 AM
not on sterns watch hawks going to win, he do eeverything in his powers to avoid a celtics first round exit.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Enjoy your fishing trip, Celtics. Hawks by 5. Book it.

1Parker1
05-03-2008, 09:44 AM
:lol I honestly doubt the Celtics are going to lost Game 7 at home. In fact I am 99.9% positive that won't happen.

What's more interesting though is to note that of all the first round matchups, this was the only one that has gone to 7 games. :wow

The one everyone agreed on was a sweep. Home team has won every game in this series, and I'm sure that will continue.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 09:51 AM
You guys are so pessimistic

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 09:53 AM
:lol I honestly doubt the Celtics are going to lost Game 7 at home. In fact I am 99.9% positive that won't happen.

What's more interesting though is to note that of all the first round matchups, this was the only one that has gone to 7 games. :wow

The one everyone agreed on was a sweep. Home team has won every game in this series, and I'm sure that will continue.

I just feel good because it looks like the Cavs will have 4 games to win just one in Boston since its evident the C's can't win on the road. If they think Atlanta is bad wait till Cleveland. Cleveland can get much much louder than Atlanta can ever dream of being b/c Cleveland is full of drunk people and people pissed we havent won anything since the 60s

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2008, 09:55 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/35/Robert_Shaw_as_Quint_in_the_movie_'Jaws'_(1976).jp g
"KG goes to the Celtics. Celtics go into the playoffs. Clutch players in the playoffs. Our players."

m33p0
05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
its a game 7, people. all bets are off!

pressure is definitely on for the celtics. hawks can already consider their season a success. boston may have the big 3. but that big 3 has had zero success in the playoffs the past few years.

we'll see what they're made of in this game.

SAGambler
05-03-2008, 10:23 AM
The Hawks dont have a chance......The Leprechauns will be out in force. The Celtics will get every call. The Hawks will fight valiently, but in the end, they will be beaten by double digits......I hate the Celtics....

I agree after watching all the calls Boston got in the first quarter especially, the other day when they played there.

I think the refs will do a job on Atlanta and hand the Celts the series.

But I expect the Hawks to go down fighting. That's a good group they have there.

Red Hawk #21
05-03-2008, 10:34 AM
We will lose by about 40.

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:35 AM

But you have to believe. i believe. Every sane person believes.

hawks in 7.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 10:48 AM

You guys are the worst fans. So pessimistic. Not even supporting your team. The Hawks winning isn't so impossible seeing as we know they will play their hearts out tonight. If they can keep it close, they can squeeze out a win.

Lakers_55
05-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Useless trivia: Did you know most people in the USA can't even pronounce the Celtic name correctly? It's Keltic, not Seltic.

paulpiercedynasty
05-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Its a wrap we win by 15 easy then we go on to win the 2008 nba chmapionship hahahahah Hate on it bitches

Strike
05-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Its a wrap we win by 15 easy then we go on to win the 2008 nba chmapionship hahahahah Hate on it bitches

If the Celtics are having this much trouble getting past a 37 win team, what makes you think they can get past the Spurs or Lakers in the finals? Hell, they might not even be able to beat the Cavs or Pistons for Christ's sake!

Capt Bringdown
05-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Marvin Williams was injured in game 6, doubtful for 7.
That's gonna be tough to overcome for the Hawks.

Lakers_55

your first post and probably your last.

Deuces88
If the Celtics are having this much trouble getting past a 37 win team, what makes you think they can get past the Spurs or Lakers in the finals? Hell, they might not even be able to beat the Cavs or Pistons for Christ's sake!

If Pistons get their mentality straight, I can see them taking apart Celtics in 5 games. Also, who is Garnett going to bully? Rasheed is no Pachulia. Garnett will be out for weeks with a broken jaw if he tries that crap again.

Also, if that series does happen, I see Prince having some nice rejections, preferably on each of this "Big 3."

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Useless trivia: Did you know most people in the USA can't even pronounce the Celtic name correctly? It's Keltic, not Seltic.

Actually, the name of the NBA team IS said with a soft C. Celtic with a hard C refers to the ancient peoples of Ireland...the only ones in Europe never conquered by the Romans.

Lakers_55
05-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Actually, the name of the NBA team IS said with a soft C. Celtic with a hard C refers to the ancient peoples of Ireland...the only ones in Europe never conquered by the Romans.

ok, and the Leprachaun is Irish isn't he? That's a shamrock I see too....As I said, useless trivia. :)

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 11:20 AM
ok, and the Leprachaun is Irish isn't he? That's a shamrock I see too....As I said, useless trivia. :)

Just representin' for the Micks, baby! :hat

J.T.'s Dealer
05-03-2008, 11:20 AM
At least I will be getting big business from Atlanta and Boston!

:smokin if you win!

:smokin if you lose!

Agloco
05-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Rest assured that the Celtics will win game 7. The only question will be whether or not it's a blowout. If it's close, the crowd and the refs will see it through for them

Having said that, I personally think that the Hawks don't show up for this game. If they lose by less than 15 I'd be shocked.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
If I were Coach Woodson, I'd be saying something like this to my team before Game 7:

"Nobody gave us any chance in this series, and yet here we are in Game 7. Game 7. Do or die. Win or go home. This is it, this is the moment. I don't want you to think about the previous 6 games. I don't want you to think about a possible series with the Cavaliers. I don't want you to think about the crowd here in Boston. I just want you to think about the next 48 minutes. 48 minutes that stand between you and history. I want you to play those 48 minutes one at a time. In each minute, you must outrun, outhustle, outshoot, and outthink your opponent. In each minute, you must play with more guts, fire, and intensity than your opponent. And, most importantly, in each minute, you must BELIEVE YOU WILL WIN THIS GAME no matter what. 48 minutes, gentlemen. Now, let's go out there and kick some ass!"

SpursDynasty
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Regardless of whether Boston wins the series or not, they've been exposed.

mffl89
05-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Anyone else see the Lebron/KG commercial?
I hope that the Hawks crush the Celtics in game 7.

Findog
05-03-2008, 01:13 PM
The Celtics are going to get 50 FTAs tomorrow.

Findog
05-03-2008, 01:14 PM
If I were Coach Woodson, I'd be saying something like this to my team before Game 7:

"Nobody gave us any chance in this series, and yet here we are in Game 7. Game 7. Do or die. Win or go home. This is it, this is the moment. I don't want you to think about the previous 6 games. I don't want you to think about a possible series with the Cavaliers. I don't want you to think about the crowd here in Boston. I just want you to think about the next 48 minutes. 48 minutes that stand between you and history. I want you to play those 48 minutes one at a time. In each minute, you must outrun, outhustle, outshoot, and outthink your opponent. In each minute, you must play with more guts, fire, and intensity than your opponent. And, most importantly, in each minute, you must BELIEVE YOU WILL WIN THIS GAME no matter what. 48 minutes, gentlemen. Now, let's go out there and kick some ass!"

:toast

DarrinS
05-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means "friendship".

http://www.johninnit.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/boriseaten.jpg

JoeTait75
05-03-2008, 02:32 PM
The C's are on borrowed time whether they beat the Hawks tomorrow or not. Every team left in the field is licking their chops at the opportunity to play these guys.

mavsfan1000
05-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Celtics will win. The key is home court.

SpursFanFirst
05-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Hawks in 7.

:wow Not that I wouldn't enjoy this immensely, but I doubt it.

Armando
05-03-2008, 05:59 PM

You assume Detroit gets past Orlando? Thats not even a foregone conclusion that the Pistons advance. They will have thier hands full with Howard. This is not the same team that got swept last year.

Armando
05-03-2008, 06:00 PM
not on sterns watch hawks going to win, he do eeverything in his powers to avoid a celtics first round exit.

I agree Stern already gave them thier 3 wins for this series. Now the Hawks front office can raise ticket prices knowing that people will actually come to the games now.