PDA

View Full Version : Will the NBA's marketing team commit suicide if the Meltics lose to the hawks Sunday?

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Think about this:

If the Meltics lose, this will be the biggest implosion the NBA has ever seen, even worse than the Mavericks of last saeson. I know every bandwagoner, every casual fan, and every KG, Allen, or Pierce fan wants to see the Meltics make it to the finals because of the Big three and because Boston is a big market. Everyone wants to see Lakers vs. Celtics: NBA finals!

But I don't think it's going to happen. I think the hawks will pull off the greatest upset in NBA history. No excuses this time like you gave the warriors upsetting the mavs. The hawks shouldn't of been in the playoffs at all given their record. But if this indeed comes true, then.....:rollin....At least the mavs have a "BUDDY" so they won't be alone. :lol...Hey at least the mavs won't be at the top of that category when it's all said and done.

HAWKS IN 7.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Yup...I really think we're gonna see history on Sunday...Hawks in 7...BOOK IT!!!

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Meltics... :lmao

LakeShow
05-03-2008, 10:09 AM
If they didn't commit suicide when the Spurs lost millions of viewers for the NBA with the bush league play, I think they'll make it through ok without the Celtics. As long as the Lakers are still in it, they still win!

spurschick
05-03-2008, 10:10 AM
I think it a bit odd that some analysts are calling it the biggest upset in playoff history. While I realize the difference between this year's Celtics vs. last year's Mavericks, I thought the Warriors beating the Mavs in round one last year was unexpected by many.

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
If they didn't commit suicide when the Spurs lost millions of viewers for the NBA with the bush league play, I think they'll make it through ok without the Celtics. As long as the Lakers are still in it, they still win!

I agree to a certain extent. But don't you think they want the Celtics and Lakers in the finals? That'll be like their Dream nba finals matchup. That's as close as it's going to get. But I do agree that if the lakers especially kobe are in the finals, then it wouldn't be that much of big deal. But still, Lakers vs. cletics have a long history together so who knows.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 10:12 AM
I think it a bit odd that some analysts are calling it the biggest upset in playoff history. While I realize the difference between this year's Celtics vs. last year's Mavericks, I thought the Warriors beating the Mavs in round one last year was unexpected by many.

It wasn't unexpected, because Warriors beat Mavs in the regular season. It was almost the anti-Mavs.

LakeShow
05-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I agree to a certain extent. But don't you think they want the Celtics and Lakers in the finals? That'll be like their Dream nba finals matchup. That's as close as it's going to get. But I do agree that if the lakers especially kobe are in the finals, then it wouldn't be that much of big deal. But still, Lakers vs. cletics have a long history together so who knows.

I do agree that they would prefer that matchup.

spurschick
05-03-2008, 10:16 AM
It wasn't unexpected, because Warriors beat Mavs in the regular season. It was almost the anti-Mavs.

I was referring, more or less, to commentators and analysts. The way they talked of that loss, you'd of thought that the Mavs had been the pre-ordained, anointed champions... kinda like the Celtics.

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:16 AM

This is so true. And people wanted to act like they knew The warriors could beat the mavs in a 7 game series, with the mavs being the #1 SEED!! Some people and I repeat, some knew the warriors would give the mavs a tough time, but no one thought they could actually beat them.

m33p0
05-03-2008, 10:18 AM
if they do get beaten, i'd like to see a shot of danny ainge in anguish.
http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/ainge.jpg

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I hope the Hawks blow them out so they spend the entire 4th quarter showing the Boston fans looking shocked and upset- maybe even crying, while they talk about what went wrong and all that.

I'm a Cleveland sports fan so I love seeing other people in agony- love it!

lurker
05-03-2008, 10:26 AM
It was unexpected by the people who don't watch the Mavs often. For us Mavs fans who have seen the Warriors own the Mavericks for years, not so much. Disappointing, yes, but not unexpected.

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I hope the Hawks blow them out so they spend the entire 4th quarter showing the Boston fans looking shocked and upset- maybe even crying, while they talk about what went wrong and all that.

I think you want your cavs to avoid the celtics altogether not that I think the cavs can beat the celtics, I think you want your team to have it easier..but who doesn't? And don't underestimate the hawks. They're becoming a team of destiny right before our eyes

m33p0
05-03-2008, 10:29 AM

if they do, i'll turn on the volume just to hear heinsohn whine the rest of the way.
:lmao

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 10:31 AM
It was unexpected by the people who don't watch the Mavs often. For us Mavs fans who have seen the Warriors own the Mavericks for years, not so much. Disappointing, yes, but not unexpected.

I'm calling BS on this outrageous post. First of all, I remember the mavs fans acting cocky saying they will sweep the warriors and the playoffs are different the the regular season. No ones going to forget that. Don't try and changes ones perception of what the mavs fans were thinking last year.

Lakers_55
05-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Ideally, the league would like Boston vs. L.A. but they would be happy with one of them in there to get some good ratings. It's possible they will get neither. Gang Green isn't going to last long this postseason. Important thing now is, even they now have doubts about themselves. Hawks are just having fun and have absolutely nothing to lose.

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I think you want your cavs to avoid the celtics altogether not that I think the cavs can beat the celtics, I think you want your team to have it easier..but who doesn't? And don't underestimate the hawks. They're becoming a team of destiny right before our eyes

no don't get me wrong, I don't care who wins. I just like to see fans of teams I don't like cry. It's the same reason I still have the Michigan/Oregon football game from last season on my DVR. They spent over half the game showing Michigan fans' faces all upset that they were getting their ass kicked by Oregon. I don't even like Oregon at all, but I just dislike Michigan so much that it makes me happy to see their fans upset that they are losing. I love it and I know it has alot to do with my frustration as a Cleveland sports fan. Whenever I watch a game I don't really care about I always root for the away team because nothing makes me happier than seeing 20k fans go home unhappy.

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 10:43 AM
for example this makes me happy. And I hope I get some good shots Sunday in Boston

loss to Oregon 2007
http://buckeyebanter.com/mgoblow/michigan-oregon01.jpg

Appalachian St. 2007
http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2007/09/large_shock.jpg

Ohio St. 2006
http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Michigan_fans_watching_App_State_loss.jpg

and my Mona Lisa..towards the end of Ohio St. 2007 (my wallpaper for about 2 months)
http://www.buckeyecommentary.com/files/michiganfanscrying.jpg

lurker
05-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm calling BS on this outrageous post. First of all, I remember the mavs fans acting cocky saying they will sweep the warriors and the playoffs are different the the regular season. No ones going to forget that. Don't try and changes ones perception of what the mavs fans were thinking last year.
I definitely wasn't one of those fans. I started feeling sick as the Warriors were creeping into that 8th seed, and was pissed that Avery didn't take the opportunity to knock the Warriors out of the 8th seed seriously.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 10:45 AM
no don't get me wrong, I don't care who wins. I just like to see fans of teams I don't like cry. It's the same reason I still have the Michigan/Oregon football game from last season on my DVR. They spent over half the game showing Michigan fans' faces all upset that they were getting their ass kicked by Oregon. I don't even like Oregon at all, but I just dislike Michigan so much that it makes me happy to see their fans upset that they are losing. I love it and I know it has alot to do with my frustration as a Cleveland sports fan. Whenever I watch a game I don't really care about I always root for the away team because nothing makes me happier than seeing 20k fans go home unhappy.

Kinda like the Florida-OSU BCS Championship game in 2007... :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTdlH2TN0M

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Kinda like the Florida-OSU BCS Championship game in 2007... :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTdlH2TN0M

right but I don't get my rocks off to my own team losing! But I went to bed at halftime of that game to avoid that whole scene anyways- I didn't want to take it

Cry Havoc
05-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm scared to death of the San Antonio Spurs.

We know. :)

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 10:50 AM
The reason I want Hawks to win is because I think the Celtics are so overrated. Everyone around him and their grandma are jumping on this bandwagon and they have the audacity to say they will beat the Spurs so I want them to see how much they've overrated this team.

Mavs-Warriors are different. Warriors were well-oiled to beat the Mavs

This is just straight up ass-whipping on the Hawks part if they win tonight. The dynasty dies before it comes alive.

boutons_
05-03-2008, 10:55 AM
6 Ws to the homecourt team.

I have a hard time imagining the Celts losing the 7th in front of the Boston green fans, desperate for a return to Celtic glory.

JJ and others will have to be lights out. Can JJ score 25 - 30 in Boston?

Of course, Celts Big3 aren't famous for winning anything.
Pierce can be clutch (he beat SA @ATT in 07), but he's not tough mentally, as we saw yesterday.

Anything could happen, but it's very probably the Celts.

I plan to watch, feeling great Sunday morning with the Spurs 1-0. :)

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 11:01 AM
6 Ws to the homecourt team.

I have a hard time imagining the Celts losing the 7th in front of the Boston green fans, desperate for a return to Celtic glory.

JJ will and others will have to be lights out.

Of course, Celts Big3 aren't famous for winning anything.
Pierce can be clutch (he beat SA @ATT in 07), but he's not tough mentally, as we saw yesterday.

Anything could happen, but it's very probably the Celts.

I plan to watch, feeling great Sunday morning with the Spurs 1-0. :)

I have a feeling that it will come down to the wire and Celtics will go to Ray Allen to win the came. It will rim out and Allen will not hear the end of it until 2020.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 11:07 AM
right but I don't get my rocks off to my own team losing! But I went to bed at halftime of that game to avoid that whole scene anyways- I didn't want to take it

Oh, yeah...that's right...Cleveland...Ohio...sorry about your Buckeyes...what's that, two years in a row, now??? You really must hate the SEC.

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh, yeah...that's right...Cleveland...Ohio...sorry about your Buckeyes...what's that, two years in a row, now??? You really must hate the SEC.

better than the bowls 118 other schools played in. Plus, we will win it this year, we have basically the whole team back

mFFL03
05-03-2008, 11:20 AM
nba's marketing and goodby and silverstein did a good job with this years NBA campaign....

gatorade and wieden and kennedy need to calm down with this celtics love....

like i said in the other thread....spurs should have got this commercial, then lakers (because of trade),

Lakers_55
05-03-2008, 11:21 AM
better than the bowls 118 other schools played in. Plus, we will win it this year, we have basically the whole team back

You have to play USC at USC early on. That game could knock you out of contention unless you win the rest of the way.

Agloco
05-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Think about this:

If the Meltics lose, this will be the biggest implosion the NBA has ever seen, even worse than the Mavericks of last saeson. I know every bandwagoner, every casual fan, and every KG, Allen, or Pierce fan wants to see the Meltics make it to the finals because of the Big three and because Boston is a big market. Everyone wants to see Lakers vs. Celtics: NBA finals!

But I don't think it's going to happen. I think the hawks will pull off the greatest upset in NBA history. No excuses this time like you gave the warriors upsetting the mavs. The hawks shouldn't of been in the playoffs at all given their record. But if this indeed comes true, then.....:rollin....At least the mavs have a "BUDDY" so they won't be alone. :lol...Hey at least the mavs won't be at the top of that category when it's all said and done.

HAWKS IN 7.

Even though the Warriors did it in 6, this would definitely trump that series as the biggest upset in history. Quite possibly in any sports history.

The fact that this even went past four is mind blowing. Coming into this series I thought that if the Hawks lost any game by less than 10, they should consider it a win.........

Boy was I wrong.

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 11:25 AM
You have to play USC at USC early on. That game could knock you out of contention unless you win the rest of the way.

USC as like 4 guys returning on offense, starting a new QB that couldn't beat Stanford and tOSU is bringing back 9 of 11 starters from last years team on defense and 9 or 11 on offense. I'm not too worried. It should be a good game, but it's not like we are playing USC of 2-3 years ago. This team will still be green.

a game I will be in attendance for aswell

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 11:26 AM
All three officials tomorrow should bet their life savings on the Hawks and make sure the Hawks win. I'm pretty sure the Hawks are a HUMONGOUS underdog (not just a regular underdog) for tomorrow so the officials can retire with their winnings after that.

Borosai
05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Man, I really hope the Hawks pull it off... maybe they'll finally stop showing that Garnett/Gatorade commercial.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Man, I really hope the Hawks pull it off... maybe they'll finally stop showing that Garnett/Gatorade commercial.

Yeah...I was pretty much sick of that commercial after the 396th time they played it during a single game... :dizzy

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 11:39 AM
it's my favorite commercial. You really gain a sense as to how intense Garnett really is

Zee Laker
05-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah...I was pretty much sick of that commercial after the 396th time they played it during a single game... :dizzy

Tell me about

if you gonna make an ad like that, then make sure you have pics of different players from different teams. Not just one player. If he lose and his team is out in the first round you are screwed. Some of these marketing guys are idiots

Agloco
05-03-2008, 11:52 AM
it's my favorite commercial. You really gain a sense as to how intense Garnett really is

Too bad you don't get that from watching him play eh?

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Tell me about

if you gonna make an ad like that, then make sure you have pics of different players from different teams. Not just one player. If he lose and his team is out in the first round you are screwed. Some of these marketing guys are idiots

the last thing the NBA needs is more commercials or Jordan holding trophies or talking about how good he was. I would much rather them move on to the new Jordan and show an ad with Garnett. It's perfect for this time of year too because people associate the Playoffs with heart and determination and KG is the definition of both.

Agloco
05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
the last thing the NBA needs is more commercials or Jordan holding trophies or talking about how good he was. I would much rather them move on to the new Jordan and show an ad with Garnett. It's perfect for this time of year too because people associate the Playoffs with heart and determination and KG is the definition of both.

I'll one up ya. How about advertising people who have actually won a championship!!! Perhaps we can start with the Spurs since they've won a few. A few pictures of Eva wrapping her legs around Tony right after Game four in Cleveland might "spur" some interest.

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I'll one up ya. How about advertising people who have actually won a championship!!! Perhaps we can start with the Spurs since they've won a few. A few pictures of Eva wrapping her legs around Tony right after Game four in Cleveland might "spur" some interest.

nobody wants to see that hog Eve Longoria, the people want Kevin Garnett. The French suck and we should boycott them not embrace them. Kevin Garnett is blood, sweat and tears; he is as American as a Dodge Dart and an Apple Pie. Tony Parker should not be allowed to play in the NBA- let alone give him a commercial with his made-up girlfriend. The only commercial Tony Parker should be in is for tampons- because he uses them.

http://www.americangirl.co.uk/images/eva_longoria27_300.jpg

BonnerDynasty
05-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah too bad the Cawks can't win in Boston.

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah too bad the Cawks can't win in Boston.

Yeah because of this

http://www.minnpost.com/client_files/alternate_images/547/mp_main_wide_Kevin_Garnett.jpg
Intensity

Spurs fans are just jealous that Garnett is better at motivating his team to play defense and that he is more intense than Tim Duncan. It just pisses you off that the NBA and ad execs notice it and rub it in your face with every commercial they do.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 12:14 PM
KG...league of choke... :lol

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 12:15 PM
KG...league of choke... :lol

KG doesn't choke, he just doesn't win all the time

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 12:17 PM
KG doesn't choke, he just doesn't win championships, ever...

Fixed it for ya... :lol

BonnerDynasty
05-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah because of this

http://www.minnpost.com/client_files/alternate_images/547/mp_main_wide_Kevin_Garnett.jpg
Intensity

Spurs fans are just jealous that Garnett is better at motivating his team to play defense and that he is more intense than Tim Duncan. It just pisses you off that the NBA and ad execs notice it and rub it in your face with every commercial they do.

Yeah, KG has definitely spent some time in front of a mirror practicing his maddog face.

It'd be fun watching boring Tim pwn him.

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Fixed it for ya... :lol

yeah just because he was stuck in Minnesota because the NBA knew it was unfair to the rest of the league if he had a good team around him. I'd like to see Tim Duncan take his team to the playoffs 8x in 11 years like KG did.....ain't gonna happen!

td4mvp21
05-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Assuming the Celtics win Game 7, what are they going to do when a team actually wins in Boston? If they can't beat the Hawks on the road how are they going to beat any other team on the road?

td4mvp21
05-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeah because of this

Intensity

You're absolutely right. Intensity is the only thing Garnett has on Duncan.

Deuces88
05-03-2008, 12:32 PM
yeah just because he was stuck in Minnesota because the NBA knew it was unfair to the rest of the league if he had a good team around him. I'd like to see Tim Duncan take his team to the playoffs 8x in 11 years like GK did.....ain't gonna happen!

Didn't Duncan do that the first 8 years of his career? :lmao

Also isn't it supposed to be "KG" not "GK"

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Didn't Duncan do that the first 8 years of his career? :lmao

Also isn't it supposed to be "KG" not "GK"

I don't know what Duncan did, and frankly I don't care. He isn't a star like KG. KG is the future of the NBA, Duncan is a never was never will be.

And yes it is "KG" but he is so universal you know what and who I'm talking about when I mess up and put "GK"

Zee Laker
05-03-2008, 12:40 PM

When did i say anything about Jordan?

i said different players from different teams. Show Tim Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, CP3 and Dwill and so on

There are lots of stars in the playoffs. Why put all your eggs in one basket?

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Duncan is a never was never will be.

:lmao Man, that must be some good shit you're smoking...

Thunder Dan
05-03-2008, 12:49 PM
:lmao Man, that must be some good shit you're smoking...

it's funny that some people think I'm serious. Like the guy who posted above you

TDfan2007
05-03-2008, 04:13 PM
it's funny that some people think I'm serious. Like the guy who posted above you

It's hard to tell on the internet by just reading text. But man am I glad you were joking...

jmard5
05-03-2008, 05:45 PM

Man, you had me there.

greyforest
05-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah because of this

Intensity

ad execs notice they can sell more gatorade with kg than tim because kg plays for boston and not san antonio

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
At least we won't see the shitty gatorade commercial anymore

ShoogarBear
05-03-2008, 06:57 PM

Yeah, I remember all that intense defense played with the Timberwolves.

Armando
05-03-2008, 06:59 PM
For the last time Stern is not letting his cash cow lose in the 1st round. I expect to see alot of calls for the Celtics. Is not like the Hawks were even close to winning in Boston.

Shaolin-Style
05-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes if for nothing else but not seeing that freaking lame black and white KG gatorade commercial acting like the celts are already an epic team I'd enjoy seeing them eliminated though I really wanted the spurs to face them.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2008, 08:01 PM
If the Celtics lose, the takeoffs of that Gatorade commercial are going to be EPIC.

Borosai
05-03-2008, 08:20 PM
KG: All show, no go; all bark, no bite; all cock, no balls.

manufor3
05-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Yup...I really think we're gonna see history on Sunday...Hawks in 7...BOOK IT!!!

wow... an 8 upsetting a 1 two years in a row...

Next Superstar
05-04-2008, 04:48 AM
I'd like to see the hawks win but I don't see it happening. They have been blownout all 3 times in boston. Marvin Williams might not play. I just don't see it.

Allanon
05-04-2008, 05:05 AM
If the Celtics lose, the takeoffs of that Gatorade commercial are going to be EPIC.

Hahahah, seriously...those amazing happens ones too I would suppose.

"Where Meltics happens"