PDA

View Full Version : What a terrible day Friday turned out to be

mrsmaalox
05-03-2008, 09:51 AM
My cat got killed by a car! :cry It was just weird all the way around because she had an appt for shots and that is never fun. Of course she was super upset afterward and was acting kinda loopy so I kept her inside. She was always an indoor cat and afraid to go outside, but a year ago I got a doggy door for my dog and she only recently figured out how to use it. So after being inside most of the evening, acting strange (from the shots I assumed) she snuck out the door and around 10pm a bunch of neighbors came running over to tell me she was hit by a car. She died instantly.
She was my first cat; I was always an "anti-cat" person. But 3 years ago my daughter rescued her from the jaws of a fox---she was only hours old, still had her umbilical cord. We adopted her, bottle fed her and before long she was part of the family. My dog thought he was her mother! She was a gorgeous gray and brown Tabby, shy and very sweet. Never really acted like a cat because she had never been around any cats. I loved her, and I will miss her.

ashbeeigh
05-03-2008, 10:00 AM
:cry

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for your family! You'll be in my prayers for sure for a long time. We've lost some animals recently and it's super tough. I have a grey and brown tabby myself that's been an indoor cat for about 10 years now (she was indoor/outdoor for a bit but then we kept her inside after a move). She goes outside to sit in the sun every once in a while, but for the most part is an inside cat and it would break everyone's heart if we lost her, too.

Again, you'll all be in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if there's anything I can do for y'all. :)

some_user86
05-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow. My sympathies.

My pets are my heart, and I feel I understand.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2008, 10:19 AM
So sorry. We've got a cat and dog and even just the thought of losing one of them like that feels like a punch in the gut.

marini martini
05-03-2008, 10:38 AM
god, that's awful. You and your family must be devastated. You can bring her out to my place to bury her, along with me & my family's deceased pets.

Will say a little prayer.

Go spend some money!

samikeyp
05-03-2008, 11:57 AM
My sympathies to you and your family. The wife and I love our cat. He can be a major pain in the ass but he is still our boy and we would be devastated if we lost him.

BacktoBasics
05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Sorry

CubanMustGo
05-03-2008, 12:07 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss, it's heartbreaking to lose a pet that way. I hope you will, after you have recovered, visit a shelter and bring another deserving kitty home soon.

Spurfect
05-03-2008, 05:15 PM
so sorry for your loss. it's so hard to lose your pets, they are part of the family. my condolences :(

angel_luv
05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm so sorry about your cat Mrs. Maalox. I once came home to find my cat run over; I know how much it hurts to lose a pet that you love.

I will pray for you to feel God's comfort. :)

Don Quixote
05-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your cat. We have a couple and they're a part of our family.

You have my sympathies.

tlongII
05-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Time to get a new cat.

1Parker1
05-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Awww, that sucks!! Sorry to hear about your cat, that's a horrible way to lose a pet.

mrsmaalox
05-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words. :)

sabar
05-04-2008, 02:25 AM
I hate cars. Buried a cat and two kittens. My pet cat has no siblings, they were all ran over. Even worse, they were really gory deaths. :(

florige
05-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Sorry about that MM. That truly sucks. Thats one reason why I haven't given in and gotten a pet yet. I can't take losing them, or dying.

mrsmaalox
05-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks Flo. Yea it's a big risk to bring them into the family. Luckily the good things out number the bad. It's still hard though!

Slowpoke Rodriguez
05-05-2008, 02:07 PM
My cat got killed by a car! :cry It was just weird all the way around because she had an appt for shots and that is never fun. Of course she was super upset afterward and was acting kinda loopy so I kept her inside. She was always an indoor cat and afraid to go outside, but a year ago I got a doggy door for my dog and she only recently figured out how to use it. So after being inside most of the evening, acting strange (from the shots I assumed) she snuck out the door and around 10pm a bunch of neighbors came running over to tell me she was hit by a car. She died instantly.
She was my first cat; I was always an "anti-cat" person. But 3 years ago my daughter rescued her from the jaws of a fox---she was only hours old, still had her umbilical cord. We adopted her, bottle fed her and before long she was part of the family. My dog thought he was her mother! She was a gorgeous gray and brown Tabby, shy and very sweet. Never really acted like a cat because she had never been around any cats. I loved her, and I will miss her.

you know, i no likey da poosy cats becausa dey like to eat Slowpoke, but i sad for dis poosy cat. mees maalox ees a nice porson. lo seinto mees maalox. :(

mrsmaalox
05-05-2008, 02:40 PM
you know, i no likey da poosy cats becausa dey like to eat Slowpoke, but i sad for dis poosy cat. mees maalox ees a nice porson. lo seinto mees maalox. :(

:) Slowpoke, that means alot coming from you! You know I also have a pet rat named "Squeeker" and my kitty never bothered him. She was very sweet!

Shelly
05-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Sorry about your kitty, MrsM. They really do become part of the family.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
:) Slowpoke, that means alot coming from you! You know I also have a pet rat named "Squeeker" and my kitty never bothered him. She was very sweet!

ees a no problem. Slowpoke doesn't like the senoritas to be the sad.

i'm hooongry.

MoSpur
05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Soul_Patch
05-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry, that really sucks. Ive always been a cat person myself. I have learned the hardway to keep them indoors. My cat now never go's outside, and i have had him now going on 6 years.

remingtonbo2001
05-05-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your cat MM. I hope this story can offer some joy.

Matty (my dog) was hit by a vehicle when she was only 6-7 months old. I was only 11. I remember going to the Vet Hospital, my mother coming out with tears in her eyes.

The local veternarian had said Matty suffered a shattered pelvis, broken femur, and had enternal bleeding in her organs. He said even with surgry the odds weren't likely in her favor. His suggestion was to put Matty to sleep.

My mother, being devestated by my sadness, obviously did her best to explain this situation to me. I had already assumed the prognosis was grim. I remember vividly, going into my room, grabbing my bible and started praying over Matty. I asked God to heal Matty, b/c she was my best friend, and since God and I were friends, it was only logical for Him to heal Matty. That's what friends do, they help one another out.

I fell asleep next to Matty that night. Later on my mother told me she had come to check on me while this was occuring. At that moment she had a "motherly instict" to rely on her child's hope.

The next day, Matty was alert, albeit, not mobile. My mom decided to see Matty's recovery through and made her a splint. It was something which would be taken day by day. As the days followed Matty continued to progress in a positive manner. Within 2 weeks, the make-shift splint was removed and Matty began gingerly walking on all fours again.

After consideration, my family decided it would be best for Matty to live with my grandparents out at their ranch in Caldwell. This would give her the opportunity to chase cattle instead of cars.

Matty fully recovered within a few months and is still living on the farm with my grandmother. She doesn't chase cattle as much, but she's still pretty active.
I love Matty so much, just thought I'd share the story with you.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Sorry about your loss MrsM. Pets become members of the family.

Supreme_Being
05-05-2008, 08:59 PM
We Filipinos have a saying, "Ang pusa ay may siyam na buhay" (Cats have nine lives).

I dunno why I posted that. Just felt like sharing.

mak45
05-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Condolences, look on the bright side, you will prolly get a new cat.

RashoFan
05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
MM, I am sorry about your cat, I know how hard it is when a beloved pet passes away. It is extremely hard under any circumstance, but trauma is hard to take. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Hopefully your cat and all the ST.com peeps cats, dogs and all the other pet are playing happily in heaven.

RashoFan
05-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Bo, what a sweet story...

manufor3
05-09-2008, 11:07 PM
omg im so sorry