PDA

View Full Version : Manu's New Article(Translation needed)

BigBigSpur
05-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Son nuevos, pero tienen todo muy claro
por MANU
publicación: 03-05-2008

Ahora tenemos que empezar de cero. Así se viven los playoffs. Es cierto que todavía nos dura la alegría de haber terminado tan rápido la serie contra Phoenix que es un equipo durísimo, pero si miramos lo que viene, no podemos relajarnos ni un instante.

New Orleans fue una sorpresa en la temporada regular y volvió a serlo ahora. De ninguna manera esperaba que le ganaran con tanta comodidad a un equipo de experiencia y oficio como lo es Dallas. Son un equipo nuevo, pero tienen todo muy claro. Juegan bien y tienen todos los puestos cubiertos. Lo de Chris Paul es magnífico, porque además de anotar, sabe cuando darle la pelota a cada uno de sus compañeros. Peja Stojakovic también está muy certero, y David West... bueno, ni hablar: jugó una temporada de All Star.

Todavía no sé muy bien cómo van a ser los ajustes defensivos nuestros, ni los de ellos. Todo está por verse. Lo que sí puedo decir ahora, antes de empezar la serie, es que los respeto muchísimo. Las dos veces que nos ganaron en la temporada nos aplastaron (102-78 y 100-75), aunque nosotros ganamos los otros dos.

Hay un par de cuestiones tácticas que me preguntan sobre la serie con Phoenix. La primera es sobre las faltas a Shaquille O Neal. Yo sé bien que a muchos no les gusta, pero también hay que decir que hicimos todo dentro del reglamento y nos dio resultados. Se buscan las flaquezas del rival y se disimulan las propias. Mas allá de que Shaquille metiera los libres o no, ellos no pudieron jugar el ataque como les gusta. Se les cortó el ritmo. Lo que hicimos tal vez no sea lindo para ver, pero las reglas están hechas así y nosotros no cruzamos ningún límite. De esa manera, además, evitamos que se nos metiera adentro y nos genere un roce innecesario en el contacto con las marcas.

La otra fue el planteo contra Phoenix. Pop nos dijo que Tim, Tony y yo teníamos que definir la mayor cantidad de ataques, porque somos los que más complicamos a los Suns. Tal vez por eso nos hayan visto algo diferentes en nuestro estilo.

Pero como todas las series son diferentes, de la misma manera ahora, contra los Hornets, vamos a jugar mucho más interno. Esa será nuestra primera opción en el juego estacionado. Porque el juego de Duncan le hace mucho daño a New Orleans. Después, vamos a aprovechar a Tony, que está con unos playoffs tremendos. Junto con él, jugaremos más en la transición o con el pick and roll .

Por haber varios choques de la primera rueda sin terminar, nosotros jugamos esta noche y no sabemos cuándo tenemos el segundo partido, porque tenemos que esperar que definan el resto.

En el vestuario hablamos mucho sobre lo que está pasando en las dos Conferencias. En el Oeste, donde se esperaban duelos más cerrados, casi todos pasamos fácil. Los Lakers sobre todo, que se perfilan como los candidatos. En el Este, donde las diferencias eran más marcadas, hay enfrentamientos que se siguen jugando. Realmente no puedo creer que Boston haya tenido problemas con Atlanta. ¡Y Detroit! Con la experiencia que tienen, les costó demasiado cerrar la serie contra Philadelphia.

Lo positivo en todo esto es que tenemos tiempo para descansar. Yo todavía no estoy bien de la lesión en el tobillo, que me complicó más de lo esperado. Por eso sigo con tratamientos. Por suerte durante los playoffs no nos entrenamos, porque toda la exigencia, que es mucha, está en los partidos. Si lo pienso así, más valor le doy a haber terminado 4-1 la serie con Phoenix.

» manuginobili.com

VoiceofReason
05-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Loose translation . . . "We've had a great run, but I don't think we can hang with the Hornets. I'm going south for the offseason."

ca®lo
05-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Loose translation . . . "We've had a great run, but I don't think we can hang with the Hornets. I'm going south for the offseason."

haha here comes the hornet trolls!!!

GrandeDavid
05-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Nice update by Manu. Hopefully that rest and subsequent treatments will get have him ready to go tonight.

Tacker
05-03-2008, 11:21 AM
here is the link to the translation http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://espanol.news.yahoo.com/s/02052008/92/n-sports-1009288-nuevos-claro.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSon%2Bnuevos,%2Bpero%2Btienen%2Btodo% 2Bmuy%2Bclaro%2B%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3D4qz

Southwest Texas Fan
05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
He says his ankle is still bothering him and is still getting treatments for it. That seemed like the most important part of the article.

diego
05-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Now we have to start from zero. Thats life in the playoffs. Its true we are still happy from quickly beating a tough phoenix team, but looking at whats ahead, we cant relax for an instant.

New Orleans was a surpise in the regular season and again now. I never expected them to beat an experienced tough Dallas team so easily. They are a new team, but they know what to do. They play well and have every position covered. Chris paul is magnificent, because on top of scoring, he knows when to feed his teammates. Peja Stojakovic is shooting well, and David West... well, he's had an allstar year.

I still dont know what our defensive adjustments will be, nor theirs. that is still to be seen. what i can say now, before starting the series, Is that i have a lot of respect for them. The two times they beat us this season, they crushed us (102-78 y 100-75), even if we beat them the other two games.

There are some tactical questions people ask me about Phoenix. the first is about the intentional fouls on Shaquille O Neal. I know a lot of people dont like it, but you have to remember its all within the rules and it gave us results. You look for your rivals weakness and hide your own. Regardless if Shaquille made the ft, they couldnt attack how they like. Their rhythm was cut. What we did isnt pretty, but the rules are what they are and we didnt break them. Besides, this way we avoided banging in the lane and the contact that comes from defending it.

The other question is how we faced phoenix. Pop told us Tim, Tony and I had to dominate the attack, because we are the ones that complicate the suns most. that was the difference in our style.

But like all series are different, by the same token, now against the Hornets, we are going to play more inside. that will be the 1st option in the halfcourt. Because Duncan's game causes a lot of pain to New Orleans. After that, we'll take advantage of Tony, who is having a tremendous playoffs. Together with him, we'll run and do pick and roll.

Since there are many unfinished 1st round series, we play tonight without knowing when is the next game, because the rest have to finish.

In the locker room we talked about whats going on in the conferences. In the west, where everyone expected the tighter duels, almost everyone won easy. The lakers especially, who are looking like favorites. In the east, where the differences were larger, there are series still going. I really cant believe boston has trouble with Atlanta. ¡and Detroit! with the experience they have, they had so much trouble closing out Philadelphia.

The positive in all this is we have time to rest. im still not recovered from the ankle injury, which gave me more trouble than i expected. thats why im still treating it. fortunately during the playoffs we dont practice, because all of the strain, which is a lot, is in the games. if i look at it like that, the more value i place on closing out phoenix quickly.

ElNono
05-03-2008, 11:33 AM
My translation. Excuse any grammatical errors and what not.

They're new, but they have everything very clear
by MANU
published: 03-05-2008

Now we have to start from zero. That's how you live the playoffs. It's true we're still happy of finishing the Phoenix series so quickly, against a very tough team, but if we look at what's coming, we can't relax even for an instant.

New Orleans was a surprise in the regular season and it was again now. I didn't expect them to beat an experienced Dallas team with such ease. They're a new team, but they have everything very clear. They play well and have all positions covered. What Chris Paul is doing is magnificent, because on top of scoring, he knows when to give the ball to all of his teammates. Peja Stojakovic has been dead on, and David West... well, not much to add: he played an All Star season.

I don't know yet how we're going to adjust defensively, or how they will. We'll see. What I can say now, before the series start, is that I respect them a lot. The two times they beat us in the regular season they crushed us (102-78 and 100-75), even though we won the other two games.

I've been asked a lot about a couple of tactical questions in the Phoenix series. The first one is with the Hack-A-Shaq. I know a lot of you don't like it, but we also need to say we did everything within the rules and it worked well for us. We look for weaknesses on the opponent and we try to hide our own. Regardless of wether Shaquille made the free throws or not, they couldn't run and gun the way they like. Their rythm was broken. What we did may not be pleasing to watch, but the rules are like that and we didn't break any rule. In that way, and as an added bonus, we avoided them going inside the paint and generating an unnecessary physical wear with the contact.

The other question has to do with the strategy against Phoenix. Pop told us that Tim, Tony and I had to finish most of the offensive plays, because we're the ones that complicate the Suns the most. Maybe that's why you all have noticed something different in our style.

But since all series are different, this time around, against the Hornets, we're going to play a lot more inside. That's going to be our first option in the half court game. Because Duncan's play hurts New Orleans a lot. Then, we're going to take advantage of Tony, who's playing an incredible playoffs. With him, we'll play more in transition or with the pick and roll.

Since there are many series in the first round undecided, we'll play tonight and we don't know when we have the second game, because we need to wait until the rest of the series end.

In the locker room we talk a lot about what's happening in both conferences. In the west, where more close series were expected, almost all of us moved on rather easily. The Lakers especially, that are looking like the team to beat. In the east, where the differences were bigger, there's series still going. I can't believe Boston has had this many problems with Altanta. And Detroit! With the experience they have, it took them a lot of work to close out Philadelphia.

The positive in all this is that we get time to rest. I'm still not feeling well with my ankle injury, that complicated me more than I expected. But I'm still doing treatments. Luckily we don't have practice during the playoffs, because all the energy we need to spend, which is a lot, is on the games. If I look at it that way, I'm giving even more value having finished 4-1 the series against Phoenix.

Teal Street
05-03-2008, 11:36 AM
here is the link to the translation http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://espanol.news.yahoo.com/s/02052008/92/n-sports-1009288-nuevos-claro.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSon%2Bnuevos,%2Bpero%2Btienen%2Btodo% 2Bmuy%2Bclaro%2B%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3D4qz

The translation needs translation

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Now we have to start from zero. Thats life in the playoffs. Its true we are still happy from quickly beating a tough phoenix team, but looking at whats ahead, we cant relax for an instant.

New Orleans was a surpise in the regular season and again now. I never expected them to beat an experienced tough Dallas team so easily. They are a new team, but they know what to do. They play well and have every position covered. Chris paul is magnificent, because on top of scoring, he knows when to feed his teammates. Peja Stojakovic is shooting well, and David West... well, he's had an allstar year.

I still dont know what our defensive adjustments will be, nor theirs. that is still to be seen. what i can say now, before starting the series, Is that i have a lot of respect for them. The two times they beat us this season, they crushed us (102-78 y 100-75), even if we beat them the other two games.

There are some tactical questions people ask me about Phoenix. the first is about the intentional fouls on Shaquille O Neal. I know a lot of people dont like it, but you have to remember its all within the rules and it gave us results. You look for your rivals weakness and hide your own. Regardless if Shaquille made the ft, they couldnt attack how they like. Their rhythm was cut. What we did isnt pretty, but the rules are what they are and we didnt break them. Besides, this way we avoided banging in the lane and the contact that comes from defending it.

The other question is how we faced phoenix. Pop told us Tim, Tony and I had to dominate the attack, because we are the ones that complicate the suns most. that was the difference in our style.

But like all series are different, by the same token, now against the Hornets, we are going to play more inside. that will be the 1st option in the halfcourt. Because Duncan's game causes a lot of pain to New Orleans. After that, we'll take advantage of Tony, who is having a tremendous playoffs. Together with him, we'll run and do pick and roll.

Since there are many unfinished 1st round series, we play tonight without knowing when is the next game, because the rest have to finish.

In the locker room we talked about whats going on in the conferences. In the west, where everyone expected the tighter duels, almost everyone won easy. The lakers especially, who are looking like favorites. In the east, where the differences were larger, there are series still going. I really cant believe boston has trouble with Atlanta. ¡and Detroit! with the experience they have, they had so much trouble closing out Philadelphia.

The positive in all this is we have time to rest. im still not recovered from the ankle injury, which gave me more trouble than i expected. thats why im still treating it. fortunately during the playoffs we dont practice, because all of the strain, which is a lot, is in the games. if i look at it like that, the more value i place on closing out phoenix quickly.

:tu :clap

timvp
05-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Good to hear from Manu. Hopefully he'll come out looking healthy tonight.

DAF86
05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
fortunately during the playoffs we dont practice

:wtf Didn't they have a very exhausting practice this week?

duncan228
05-03-2008, 08:55 PM
:wtf Didn't they have a very exhausting practice this week?

They practiced Thursday.

BonnerDynasty
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM

LOL nice!