PDA

View Full Version : No Guarantees In This League!!!

gasolina
05-03-2008, 12:12 PM
I don't really know if I should feel sorry for sore losers. Everytime I turn on the TV or on my way to work listening to sports radio; I always encounter personalities such as Dan Patrick,Colin Cowherd,Vecsey,etc. who keep saying that "if Duncan missed the 3, Suns would've advanced!" WTF??? How on Earth can you guarantee that would be outcome? If the Pats lost the regular season game vs. the NYG, they would've won the SB! WTF??? If Amare and Boris Diaw had not left the bench in Game 4 of the Suns-Spurs series in '07, Suns would be in the Finals! again-WTF??? How can anyone GUARANTEE such an outcome? How can we be so sure they would've gotten by the Jazz or beat the Cavs in '07?
Folks, that is why it is a 7-game series where the better team always comes out. When people tell me that the Spurs game 1 win was the turning point in the Spurs advancing, I tell them No - it was all four wins they had over the Suns. I tell them, even if the Spurs lost game 1, that is only 1 game. The Spurs don't fold or panic in game 1 losses. In fact, they get awakened by it. Even the Bulls had game 1 losses that made them more formidable.

So now, are people like Cowherd,Dan Patrick,etc. really biased toward big name,big market franchises and players since they continue to blurt out effed up what ifs or are they paid by certain people to say such things (e.g. Buss paying LA Sports radio to keep the Kobe talk for the duration of their play-off run) because now I am beginning to think that most of the so-called experts on national TV or radio really know nothing about sports and are just a bunch of pea-brained airheads.

And this coming from a Laker fan!

Guajalote
05-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Any franchise that has won so many championships (I'm sure you can relate as a Lakers fan) can tell you that a championship is made up of hard work, preparation, good personnel choices, focus, and most importantly good fortune.

So, people can weenie-whine all they want, but until the "experts" admit that a bad bounce or a rolled ankle can change an entire team's direction, they are really fooling themselves.

Newton
05-03-2008, 12:20 PM
And this coming from a Laker fan!

Sounds like it's coming from an NBA fan, or a real sports fan. Sore losers and chronic complainers are just damned annoying. Win with grace, lose with grace.

Bartleby
05-03-2008, 12:23 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, lots of Spurs fans use that same sort of logic when talking about .4 and Manu's foul on Dirk in 06. Sure, those moments may have shifted the momentum, but who really knows how things would have turned out otherwise.

SouthernFried
05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
All sports are littered with "what ifs"...

Hell, all of life is.

I generally don't focus on my own personally what ifs. If others do, so be it.

Different strokes.

Lakers_55
05-03-2008, 12:28 PM
great replies. think of the last auto accident you were in. Had you stayed home, you wouldn't have been in one, and probably won't tomorrow, right? We make our destiny with what we do, and we can't instant replay life.