PDA

View Full Version : I think Hawks are going to beat Celtics

dualmax
05-03-2008, 02:01 PM
My rationale that Celtics will be defeated by Hawks is that they are extremely young and not afraid of anything. Ray and Golam (Sam) are too cocky and i hate Ray because he never admit Bowen is a stud defender. Would it be nice "if" Hawks vs Spurs in the final so we can see how Duncan draws fouls on Josh Smith each time he goes for the pump fake.

Spurs da champs
05-03-2008, 02:09 PM
I agree the celtics big three are overrated and just win in the regular season none of them have what it takes to win in the play offs.

Kori Ellis
05-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I actually told timvp that the Hawks would win the series before it started. :lol I didn't even believe myself at the time, but now anything is possible.

The Hawks will have a very hard time in Boston. But if they can stay composed and focused (something the Celtics couldn't do in Atlanta), they have a real good shot.

Sausage
05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm hoping the Hawks win this series also, but even if the Celtics end up winning, they've shown that they are vulnerable, and aren't "almighty" like everyone put them out to be. Despite whoever comes out of this series, I think the Cavs will beat either team.

Bulwark
05-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I hope so. The media has all but crowned the Celtics. I am tired of those Gatorade commercials and the NBA TV special "I am Celtic"

MajicMan
05-03-2008, 02:18 PM
i pray to god they do

Bartleby
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I bet they won't play that NBA ad with Badfinger's "Day After Day" anymore if that happens.

Argiebabe
05-03-2008, 02:21 PM
I want the Hawks to get rid of the Celtics... first of all because they are overrated and they think they are the champs , also I am sick of all the "NBA experts" saying that they will win ths year,and also because the Hawks showed that they have a HUGE heart .... any team that has Mike Bibby and can pull a win like last night deserves my respect

Streakyshooter08
05-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Well, the key will be if the Boston players can play with THAT much pressure. If they lose it will be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the NBA. The Hawks don't have anything to lose. Just go out there and play.

That said, Game 1 of Spurs: Hornets is more imporant. :)

Death In June
05-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Im a little conflicted on this one. Watching the Celtics flame out in the first round against and eight seed would be awesome, but then think how anti-climatic the finals would be. Do you really wants to see spurs v cavs again? Or even a spurs-pistons rematch at this point? What about orlando? Meh.

Sausage
05-03-2008, 02:48 PM
As long as the Spurs win, sure.

Bartleby
05-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Give me a Spurs-Pistons rematch any day.

2slowman
05-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I want the Hawks to win, and of course, anyone can win one game. The Celtics have put themselves in a bad spot by allowing this to go to 7 games. But the Celts are winning by 20+ at home, and in the Hawk's last win on their own court, they got 47 free throw attempts.

I'll be cheering for the Hawks, but I just don't see it happening.

(btw, first post here. I'm a refugee from SR, which is having another round of technical trouble.)

SpursWoman
05-03-2008, 02:59 PM
The Hawks winning this series would make my heart happy. :lol

I'm not entirely certain they will be able to pull it off in Boston, but I'll be certainly cheering for them. :)

1Parker1
05-03-2008, 03:05 PM
I doubt it. Especially after the constant complaining the Celtics did about the officiating and foul shooting edge the Hawks had, I'm sure the Celtics are going to get about 40 FT's and blow out the Hawks.

Regardless though, it's nice to see the Celtics get humbled in the first round like this. The only first round series to go 7 games is ironically the one that everyone assumed would be a sweep.

SAGambler
05-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I doubt it. Especially after the constant complaining the Celtics did about the officiating and foul shooting edge the Hawks had, I'm sure the Celtics are going to get about 40 FT's and blow out the Hawks.

Regardless though, it's nice to see the Celtics get humbled in the first round like this. The only first round series to go 7 games is ironically the one that everyone assumed would be a sweep.

I agree with you on this. But.....anything is possible.......So.....

Go Hawks Go

timvp
05-03-2008, 04:47 PM
The Hawks have a 0% chance to win that series.

Phil Hellmuth
05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Bet the moneyline then, it is 14 to 1 odds.

And the Spread is two touchdowns! :lol +14

dbreiden83080
05-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Williams is out for game 7 and that team is not going to bring it. They are young and inexperienced game 6 was their game 7, they are probably going to lay down in game 7.

PistonsDynasty
05-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Im a little conflicted on this one. Watching the Celtics flame out in the first round against and eight seed would be awesome, but then think how anti-climatic the finals would be. Do you really wants to see spurs v cavs again? Or even a spurs-pistons rematch at this point? What about orlando? Meh.

I hate this mentality. Why do people think like this? And especially a spurs fan? If your a laker fan I can see why you think like this but for spurs, no ones checking for the spurs outside of san antonio except spurs fans. Everyone wants the lakers and celtics in the finals. I wolud love to see another pistons vs spurs matchup though. I could care less about how the finals would be anti climatic without the celtics. What have the celtics proven? Celtics arent all of that in my opinion. If celtics don't make the finals and the lakers are in, No one would really care. Lakers vs the pistons, Lakers vs. Lebron...The lakers just get more ratings than the spurs. But fuck bandwangoners and casual fans, give me my pistons vs. spurs rematch and I'll be happy.

tlongII
05-03-2008, 06:14 PM
The league will never allow the Celtics to lose a first round game 7 in Boston!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Celtics will do what the Pistons did in their closeout games. They'll get their heads out of their asses and get back to business.

They're clearly the better team. All the Hawks did was expose their weakness to the rest of the league this post-season.
Lebron should be able to get them into so much foul trouble it'll be ridiculous. That'll be a good series, since they already had enough trouble containing Joe Johnson...:wow
I hope Bron's teammates deliver, while Lebron's setting them up.

E20
05-03-2008, 06:33 PM

I'll quote you on this.

yaicu2
05-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, and ESPN can stop drinking all that green koolaid, and Gatorade can stop playing that celtics commercial everyother timeout. :bang

ShoogarBear
05-03-2008, 06:40 PM

Hollinger says the Celtics have a 100% chance of winning the championship.

pauls931
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Pretty much. Boston needs homecourt to win and will probably get the calls going their way. The hawks got a ton of freethrows that last game and won't this time around. I'd love to see Boston get knocked of, especially after Minnesota almost giving Garnette away. The only trade that pisses me off more than that one is the Gasol trade, talk about rigging, not even giving any other teams a chance to make an offer.

Slydragon
05-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I really want the Hawks to win, but I don't see it happening.

m33p0
05-03-2008, 08:24 PM
doom and gloom has set inside the celtics' locker room. i'm pretty sure they're thinking, "we're gonna beat these guys. we're gonna beat these guys. we're gonna go apeshit on their lilly white asses." but how are the Cs gonna pull it off? they have zero experience winning must-win games. it's only one more game. one more and someone is going to the second round. the other will just be gone.

TampaDude
05-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Hawks by 5. Stern cries. Book it.

Budkin
05-03-2008, 09:08 PM
There's no way in hell the Hawks are winning a Game 7 in Boston. Ain't happening.

sickdsm
05-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Pretty much. Boston needs homecourt to win and will probably get the calls going their way. The hawks got a ton of freethrows that last game and won't this time around. I'd love to see Boston get knocked of, especially after Minnesota almost giving Garnette away. The only trade that pisses me off more than that one is the Gasol trade, talk about rigging, not even giving any other teams a chance to make an offer.

Huh? Have you watched Al Jefferson play at all this year? Even trading straight up for Gasol would have done nothing for them.

johngateswhiteley
05-03-2008, 10:59 PM
...i think atlanta win cause they want to and cause they have young legs but big heart. spot likes to run fast. see spot run. wtf...?

sorry folks, atlanta isn't winning game 7...no chance.