PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Wants The US Gov't To Pay For WHAT?

05-03-2008, 04:57 PM
You reckon this could be construed as "pandering"? (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/05/stumping-for-de.html)

PEP
05-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Reparations for Guam residents who suffered at the hands of Japanese military? Shouldnt the Japanese be the one's to pay reparations even if the war debt was forgiven by the US?

BonnerDynasty
05-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Illegal immigrants from Mexico, citizens of Guam, it's all the same right?

shelshor
05-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Damn but those delegate votes are getting precious

Don Quixote
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'd say she's pandering. She might pick a few votes in the process.

The movement for smaller government with fewer entitlements will always be, I fear, an uphill battle. It's far easier just to give away entitlements and keep yourself in office than it is to curb yourself, encourage others to do so, and in the process risk losing re-election.

xrayzebra
05-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Liberals are always generous when it isn't their money the are
spending.

some_user86
05-03-2008, 07:36 PM
spending.

So are the neo-cons.

Whatever happened to the Eisenhower/Goldwater Republicans?

Ignignokt
05-04-2008, 08:27 PM
So are the neo-cons.

Whatever happened to the Eisenhower/Goldwater Republicans?

neocons and compassionate conservatives are two different ideologies.

You could still be neocon, and totally anti govt spending, Mr. I read unauntheticated, poorly sourced liberal blogs with the words like "liberty" "american" \"progress.

Don Quixote
05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I've always cringed at the term "compassionate conservative." Were we without compassion before?

Go ahead ... I walked into it

Ignignokt
05-04-2008, 10:03 PM
I've always cringed at the term "compassionate conservative." Were we without compassion before?

Go ahead ... I walked into it

No, we all hate hobos, eat small children for lunch and sign away civil liberties while breaking up unions.

Don Quixote
05-04-2008, 11:30 PM
We want what's worst for everyone.

We're just plain evil.

xrayzebra
05-05-2008, 09:02 AM
compassionate conservatism is used to buy votes to stay in office in order to pursue neocon foreign policy

Yep, they forgot that. Conservatives love to make war
and conquer nations for big oil. And Haliburton. And
big Pharmaceuticals. And we don't want to forget, we love
global warming. Which causes shark attacks, bet you
didn't know that. But it said so in the paper so it has
got to be true.

Don Quixote
05-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I am, in fact, in favor of shark attacks on children.

SAGambler
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Clinton also expressed her support for legislation to offer up to $126 million in reparations to Guam residents for their suffering during World War II at the hands of the Japanese military, which occupied the island.

The U.S. would pay the reparations, since it long ago forgave Japan its war debts.

Why not? It's not her damn money. If it can get her a few votes, go for it.

OBTW, just cause she promises it, don't hold your breath until it happens. The Dems have got that "carrot dangling" thing down to an art form.

jochhejaam
05-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Of course, in a later speech she says, "I also understand and support those who are not in favor of paying reparations to Guam".

Is there anyone she hasn't whored herself out to in a brazen attempt to get votes?

jochhejaam
05-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Coincidentally, she has come out in favor of reparations for the people of N.C. and Indiana, for "unspecified reasons".

Wild Cobra
05-06-2008, 02:05 AM
spending.
Ain't that the truth.

They are so proud and generous with "other peoples money." We conservatives like to give our own hard earned money to the charities we believe in. However, the more they take from us, the less we can give to useful charities!

I say let the liberals give to the charities they want, I mean, let everyone give to the charities they want. Problem is, only the conservatives will be giving since it's really the liberals who are greedy!

That's why liberals need taxes and redistribution. They don't have faith in the hearts of other Americans.

Wild Cobra
05-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Coincidentally, she has come out in favor of reparations for the people of N.C. and Indiana, for "unspecified reasons".
Reparations...

Great. I have an Aunt who traced our genealogy. I know I have Cherokee, Blackfoot, and even 'black' heritage in me. Now I need to know how much of each, right?

maybe out of the extra $10,000 I'll be taxed for reparations, I can get some of it back, right?

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Yeah. I'm Sicilian, and have suffered mercilessly at the hands of people who think I'm mobbed up. I can't get a job, can't get into college, and people everywhere think I'm going to whack them.

(OF course, if any of you need a favor, I'll get my grandfather on the phone. He's nice like that.)

But really ... how much do you think my suffering is worth? A million?

JohnnyMarzetti
05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
spending.

You mean like the billions spent in Iraq each month?

RandomGuy
05-07-2008, 09:48 AM
compassionate conservatism is used to buy votes to stay in office in order to pursue neocon foreign policy

That particlular phrase was constructed to trick women into thinking that modern conservatism is all warm and fuzzy, and go against their historical proclivity to vote Democratic. No more, no less.

It worked, and we got W. Joy. :depressed