PDA

View Full Version : This one is on Pop

jcrod
05-03-2008, 11:59 PM
He kept going 4 down with Duncan.

Where was the continous pick n roll with parker and manu.

He played vaughn instead of keeping manu and barry and point.

He went with Horry instead of sticking with a oberto, duncan and thomas.

they relied too much on the the three.

All these were the polare opposite of the phx series. STUPID.

bdictjames
05-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I hated it when Finley passes up a wide open three.

Duncan played average today, just didn't score too much. Live by the three, die by the three, and that's what exactly the Spurs did.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 12:01 AM
He should have benched Duncan and Manu.

Otherwise, nothing was ggoing to matter.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Whatever it is Pop tells them to do when they play the Hornets during halftime, they need to stop.

SpursFan0728
05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Duncan has his shares

he was lost on defence

DAF86
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
He fucked up in the second when Manu was on fire, by taking him out with just 2 minutes gone in the Q, when he came back he couldn't by a 3. No player can get it going when you're constantly pulling him out and in.
And I agree with those saying that Barry needs to get more playing time.
Anyway I'm not worried yet, as long as we don't play JV anymore we should be alright.

DespЏrado
05-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Udoka needs some run. But I think this one is on Duncan for not showing up, not Pop.
Spurs will get this series, they just have to show up as a team, and play for 48 minutes.

whottt
05-04-2008, 12:09 AM
I think this one is on the Hornets and David West.

Kobulingam
05-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I hated it when Finley passes up a wide open three.

Duncan played average today, just didn't score too much. Live by the three, die by the three, and that's what exactly the Spurs did.

Finley passed up a zillion wide open threes. And believe it or not, Bowen passed up many too (by dribbling inside the 3 point line and passing).

SpurOutofTownFan
05-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I dont know if adjustments would have made any difference when your main guy is playing like he already lost the game for 20 minutes.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2008, 12:11 AM
I just want to see us send a cutter down the lane once in a while. Not the old school 4down everyone camp at the 3 point line shit.

Oh, and when Tim is playing so damn soft, Pop needs to figure out how to get him on track, even if it means shoving a cattle prod up Duncan's ass.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Spurs second-half scoring vs. NO
Nov 9: 29, 16 = 45
Jan 26: 21, 14 = 35
Feb 23: 26, 22 = 48
Mar 12: 26, 8 = 34
May 3: 17, 16 = 33

That's the 3rd time in 5 games the Spurs have been held to 35 pts or under in the second half.

whottt
05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Man you guys calling Duncan soft are assholes...you go get mashed by Shaq for 5 fucking games and see how frisky you are feeling after it.

SouthTexasRancher
05-04-2008, 12:19 AM

Duncan wasn't even in New Orleans tonight. That had to be the most pathetic playoff game I've ever seen him play.

Tek_XX
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM
What's the point of pop calling a timeout when the Spurs are building a lead and the hornets are on their heels. Guess what happens after the timeout?

SouthTexasRancher
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Man you guys calling Duncan soft are assholes...you go get mashed by Shaq for 5 fucking games and see how frisky you are feeling after it.

Go take your shower, Timmy. You stunk the place up tonight. Pull your head out of that super black hole and get into the game on Monday. Otherwise we'll have to trade you for a future 2nd round draft pick because tonight you looked like you were playing for them stinkin' Mavs!

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:26 AM
This is on everyone. Not just freaking Pop. He didn't tell Duncan to play soft, or Parker to stop being aggressive, or Manu to throw the ball away.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2008, 12:28 AM
5/10 second-half quarters against the Hornets this season, the Spurs have scored less than 20 points.

The last THREE second-half quarters in a row, the Spur have scored less than 20 points.

Whatever it is they think they're trying to do, it isn't working.

DespЏrado
05-04-2008, 12:31 AM
5/10 second-half quarters against the Hornets this season, the Spurs have scored less than 20 points.

The last THREE second-half quarters in a row, the Spur have scored less than 20 points.

Whatever it is they think they're trying to do, it isn't working.

I think you will find out in this series that stat is just a a coincidence and has more to do with the Spurs than who they happened to be playing that night.

This loss didn't look like New Orleans beat us. It looks like Duncan didn't show up and the team couldn't work through that.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I think you will find out in this series that stat is just a a coincidence and has more to do with the Spurs than who they happened to be playing that night.

You're kidding, right?

This loss didn't look like New Orleans beat us. It looks like Duncan didn't show up and the team couldn't work through that.

You're kidding, right?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 01:22 AM
:lol

I think NO hitting 50 percent from the field and everything in the second half had a lot with NO beating us tonight.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-04-2008, 01:23 AM
The scary thing is that when they were showing Pop during timeouts he was stealing D'Antoni's "Let's Go! Let's Go!" mantra.

So no wonder we lost after leading in the first half

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 01:24 AM
The scary thing is that when they were showing Pop during timeouts he was stealing D'Antoni's "Let's Go! Let's Go!" mantra.

So no wonder we lost after leading in the first half

So the reason why we lost was Pop was an imposter, and D'Antoni had the real Popovich in his trunk tonight.

urunobili
05-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I think this one is on the Hornets and David West.

AND Chandler for keeping Duncan off the game... :depressed

GinobiliLooms
05-04-2008, 01:38 AM
C I A

sabar
05-04-2008, 01:40 AM
That better have been CIA because I'm having 2006 flashbacks

DespЏrado
05-04-2008, 02:28 AM
You're kidding, right?

You're kidding, right?

Not a bit, the Hornets deserved to win the game, because they out fought the Spurs, but they just didn't particularly impress me tonight. I'm not saying that they got lucky because they are a hell of a good team, they just aren't on the same level yet with the Spurs. It's going to be a short series.

Parker is capable of outplaying Chris Paul. I wasn't sure of that before this game but I am now.

Manu if he get's healthy will realize he can do anything he wants against them.

Duncan will return to MVP form.

--------------------------------
David West is good but he's not going to be better against the Spurs than Dirk was in 06. He just doesn't have that good of a shot, so the Spurs will learn to live with him getting his.

Chris Paul is young and I saw a lot of bad decisions tonight that will be exploited in the future. I have yet to see him show he can play with his back to the wall.

There is no way the Hornets are capable of pushing the Spurs past a 6th game.

Loose Cannon
05-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Yeah. Fuck Pop for continuing to go to his superstar best big man ever to play basketball.How stupid of him.

purist
05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
This game turned sour on a successive possessions in which Manu came down and turned the ball over. Spurs were within 7 or 8 at the time and one time Manu threw up a premature 3 and the other he tried a fancy pass that got picked.

Sometimes Manu does not "value" the ball enough. Of course, it's the same Manu who will amaze with a magician like pass or drive to the rim or by raining down threes.

Of course, how often is Tim gonna get a double double.

SAGambler
05-05-2008, 11:48 AM

LOL. Shaq didn't do a whole lot of "mashing" on Duncan. And he had what...4 days to rest and get over it.

Yeah, Duncan was soft this game. Looked like he was pouting about something.

I realize some of you think Duncan is a god, and can do no wrong. But you better pull those rose colored glasses off.

brettn
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Not a bit, the Hornets deserved to win the game, because they out fought the Spurs, but they just didn't particularly impress me tonight. I'm not saying that they got lucky because they are a hell of a good team, they just aren't on the same level yet with the Spurs. It's going to be a short series.

Parker is capable of outplaying Chris Paul. I wasn't sure of that before this game but I am now.

Manu if he get's healthy will realize he can do anything he wants against them.

Duncan will return to MVP form.

--------------------------------
David West is good but he's not going to be better against the Spurs than Dirk was in 06. He just doesn't have that good of a shot, so the Spurs will learn to live with him getting his.

Chris Paul is young and I saw a lot of bad decisions tonight that will be exploited in the future. I have yet to see him show he can play with his back to the wall.

There is no way the Hornets are capable of pushing the Spurs past a 6th game.

+1

Maybe I'm just being naive as well, but I saw the Spurs loss on Saturday as more of things they did, or in some cases, didn't do to themselves. Alot of positive came out of Saturday's game despite the piss poor performance in the second half. Tim got his reality check, Bowen will fluster Paul and.... West will probably continue to get his numbers. But I think I'd rather have West try to beat me in a 7 game series rather than Paul. Spurs in 6 still ;)

Bartleby
05-05-2008, 12:05 PM

I think NO hitting 50 percent from the field and everything in the second half had a lot with NO beating us tonight.

That, along with a 50-34 disadvantage in rebounding (which includes NO getting 2X as many offense boards!). Certainly, a good deal of that can be attributed to Pop's strategies and Tim's bad game, but the rest of the blame has to go to the other Spurs who didn't step up their game in the second half.

Solid D
05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Other than Pop not getting onto Timmy more about taking the ball and going quickly rather than wait for the double, or not trapping Paul early offense, I don't see the loss on Pop. When the Hornets shut down the paint, the Spurs have to knock down their shots. The Spurs hit their shots in the 1st half, they did not in the 2nd half. Duncan was doubled almost every time.

I'm sure some changes will be made offensively but I'm very concerned about the defense. Kurt has to stay out of foul trouble so that he can defend West. The Spurs also have to realize that Chris Paul turns it on in the 2nd half and gets into a really strong, confident push-the-pace mode. They need to trap him early in the clock and try to pry it out of his hands somehow. The 2nd half was a Chris Paul dictated pace. That has to change or the Spurs will not win any games in New Orleans.