it's called having no heart

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:03 AM

He just served Shaq his lunch and he has no heart, ban yourself. :rolleyes

SoCalSpursFan
05-04-2008, 12:03 AM

lol my god some of you guys are pathetic.

no heart?

right.

Spurologist
05-04-2008, 12:04 AM
the only thing to get out of this is that no one will take that performance more to heart than TD

whottt
05-04-2008, 12:04 AM

Seriously :wtf

carina_gino20
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
nah. It was all in his head. He needs to nut up for Game 2. But if you don't believe in TD, you might as well not believe in the Spurs.

GSH
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM

No heart? Serious, undeniable dumbfuckery.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:13 AM
TIm just played a great series and now he has no heart after one bad game. :rolleyes

Some of you guys need to chill. If his career ended tomorrow he gave all the Spurs fans lightyears more than they ever dreamed he would.

DespЏrado
05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
He didn't show up, and it's on him that the Spurs lost, but I'll take that kind of loss. If we lose because Duncan didn't show up, I don't mind. Because Duncan shows up 98 nights out of a 100. And the spurs will be right back in this series, once Tim realize the Hornets are actually playing him in May.

mVp
05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
That wasn't him but someone who looked a lot like him. Duncan was at his home watching the game on TV.

JohnnySixString
05-04-2008, 12:17 AM
I wouldn't say no "heart" as much as no BALLS. Hopefully he has them Fed Exed to him before game 2 and the real Tim Duncan shows up.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Duncan made bad decisions on the double teams.
He'll do better next game.

E20
05-04-2008, 12:19 AM
I saw what happend, NO ball boy put some laxatives in Duncan's kool-aid/gatorade, or whatever they drink.

duncan228
05-04-2008, 12:19 AM
No heart. You can't be a Spurs fan if you think Duncan has no heart. He's the heart and soul of this team.

Fuck.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:20 AM
No heart. You can't be a Spurs fan if you think Duncan has no heart. He's the heart and soul of this team.

Fuck.

Panic over nothing right now

td4mvp21
05-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Duncan has heart. He just played horrible tonight-he was soft/weak/whatever you want to call it from the get-go. He has to be more aggressive and ignore the bad officiating. I don't think he'll repeat the performance but man, this was one I do not want to ever think about again...awful.

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah TD wasn't getting the ball to begin with and when he did he didn't force the issue... enough is all.

If I was wasted, and someone said TD had no heart, honestly I'd be the dumbass swinging on him.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Worse comes to worse, if they lose game 2 and Tim plays bad again Spurs will go home with a pissed off Duncan and he will no doubt have 2 big ones in a row and you have to like the Spurs to tie the series. Thing is NO is young and inexperienced, i could see them all full of themselves if they got up 2-0.

Budkin
05-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Duncan will be back with a goddamn vengeance. Book it.

Spurs Brazil
05-04-2008, 12:28 AM
TD will be back to game 2. He always does after a bad game

Say TD had a bad game today is OK but say he has no heart is stupid

loveforthegame
05-04-2008, 12:29 AM
He laid an egg tonight but you can bet he'll come out for blood in game 2.

Harry Callahan
05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Just like Tim was scared of ShaQ? Blah Blah Blah.

One awful game for Tim and he becomes a worthless POS?

I just hope all the bandwagoners from NO (fans, media, etc) insult Tim, say he is finished and talk all about how great the Hornets are.

A pissed off Duncan can be very effective thing the rest of the series.

SA just came off a very emotional 5 game series against a very tough opponent while the hornets curbed a dead body of a team that was coming apart at the seams. Big difference.

We shall see.

All I know is, the Hornets better bring their lunch buckets to work, cause I have a feeling this will be a long series in the end.

carina_gino20
05-04-2008, 12:37 AM
let me refresh your memory then:

6DYJKoCjWrQ

dav4463
05-04-2008, 12:40 AM
He's human. He had a bad game. Tim will bounce back.

Kori Ellis
05-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Duncan has heart. He just sucked today. He played weak and didn't come to play.

It's one game.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Duncan has heart. He just sucked today. He played weak and didn't come to play.

It's one game.

Exactly, he looked shocked at the double teams and then when he missed a couple it was like he knew it was not going to be his night.

DAF86
05-04-2008, 12:46 AM

^^It's called having no brain.

hive_attack
05-04-2008, 12:55 AM
It's Tyson Chandler baby. He should've been DPOY. The guy is long and athletic. Perfect guy against Duncan.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Chandler is so perfect they had to double Duncan every time.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:58 AM
It's Tyson Chandler baby. He should've been DPOY. The guy is long and athletic. Perfect guy against Duncan.

He did not guard him all night one on one what are you talking about??

hive_attack
05-04-2008, 01:00 AM
He did not guard him all night one on one what are you talking about??
Yes that is what is called team defense. Chandler didn't allow Duncan to get in good position where the double team would be useless. That is the key.

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 01:02 AM
How come when Tim did actually get passed to, it wasn't Parker or Manu setting him up like normal?

That way the side is cleared, Tony or Manu is up top, and the guy guarding Tony or Manu on the corner feeding Duncan can't double, or does and leaves our scorers wide the hell open.

Such a mess, Spurs screwed themselves for all the wrong reasons.

jmard5
05-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Nah. Just one game. It happens.

Blackjack
05-04-2008, 01:48 AM
WTF? Are you fuckin serious? That was easily one of Tim's greatest performances. I fully expect him to recieve the Oscar for his spot-on portrayal of Kwame Brown!

polandprzem
05-04-2008, 02:51 AM
haha Scott went to almost the same strategy againts Tim as in 2003

Got diferent people but the strategy is the best to contain TD

blizz
05-04-2008, 04:12 AM
I haven't read all the posts...based off the original question...he has games like this every now and then. Sure this was a bad time but he missed a ton of shots he usually makes...I think he got down on himself...body language said as much...it won't happen again though..he plays well after playing poorly. We'll be just fine. Yall didn't expect us to win BOTH did yall? C'mon..give them credit...they're a good team.

m33p0
05-04-2008, 04:35 AM
when was the last time timmy played against a hard double team anyway? i blame his teammates as much as tim, himself, for not getting duncan involved. what the hell were all those 3 pointers for if not to space the floor so that duncan would have more room to operate? isn't that how last year's playoffs went for the spurs? this year's suns series really screwed up this team's principles. time to go back to what this team is all about.

Allanon
05-04-2008, 04:46 AM
when was the last time timmy played against a hard double team anyway? i blame his teammates as much as tim, himself, for not getting duncan involved. what the hell were all those 3 pointers for if not to space the floor so that duncan would have more room to operate? isn't that how last year's playoffs went for the spurs? this year's suns series really screwed up this team's principles. time to go back to what this team is all about.

I agree with most of this. The early 3 pointers were BECAUSE of Tim. They were doubling Timmy off the 3 pointers to make sure he didn't beat them on the inside.

In the first half, the Spurs were making their 3s. In the second half, Spurs 3 point shooters went cold as ice. So even though they were still doubling Timmy, nobody could make them pay.

On the defensive side, Duncan made sure Chandler disappeared.

Make your 3 pointers, mid-range shots and Timmy will have room to work.

Septic
05-04-2008, 04:50 AM
It's called someone said to make NO beat us from the running to the side falling away jump shot...

Here shoot the ball ...

NM that I've been double teamed my whole career, hell even triple teamed and scored quite a few times against KNOWN players.

mavsluva
05-04-2008, 05:09 AM
I take it that you've never had a bad day at work?

End of thread.

jamanuel
05-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Tim is a human too, I know he will rebound from this loss. I just felt something while I was watching the game, he's so frustrated and trying to balance and control his composure. I don't know if you guyz ever notice when there was a commotion between CP and BB, he was trying to mediate TC pushed away his arm and seems trying to provoke Tim to retaliate or making him mad or something, but then Tim managed that situation. No one knows how he feels that time, maybe he wants to show how he can be manly like TC but his professionalism prevails. That's so good about TIM. GO TIM and counteract these youth's strategy. See what happened to Boston, Al vexed Pierce and so Pachulia against KG. WOW a new strategy in the making: PROVOKING THE PROS TO GET MAD: THEN OUT OF RHYTHM: THAT'S HOW TO GET TO THEIR HEAD!!! SPURS ARE SMART!!! GO HORRY DO YOUR THING NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! GO SPURS GO!!!

Allanon
05-04-2008, 05:28 AM
"They are blitzing Tim in the low post...He was really good kicking, we just couldn't hit them in the second half."

-Manu
after Game 1 loss to the Hornets

jamanuel
05-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Or Maybe He Got Scared On The Condition Of The Floor After The Fire Incident. He Doesn't Want To Take His Chances In Rebounding And Might Injured Himself In Return. See What Happened To Tp Bumped His Head Hard. Timmy Is Just Being Protective!!!

GrandeDavid
05-04-2008, 06:23 AM
TD will be back to game 2. He always does after a bad game

Say TD had a bad game today is OK but say he has no heart is stupid

SpursBrazil, bom dia! Estou em SP (Moema) ate segunda de tarde. Voce mora daqui perto? Qual bairro?

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Early on, the double-teams were annoying but there were opportunities where he came in fast before the double-team, got a good look, but they just wouldn't drop. So his confidence level kinda dropped down throughout the game and his shots weren't as strong.

I would like to see Popovich dish it to Parker and Ginobili more so they can penetrate. It was nice that Bowen hit so many three's in the first half but he's not going to hit much more later.

We need to penetrate because as you can see, Parker can get Paul into foul trouble. We also need to put Kurt Thomas on West more. It seems to me West can't score on Thomas. Horry may be of help too, but Finley obviously isn't the guy to guard West.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Or Maybe He Got Scared On The Condition Of The Floor After The Fire Incident. He Doesn't Want To Take His Chances In Rebounding And Might Injured Himself In Return. See What Happened To Tp Bumped His Head Hard. Timmy Is Just Being Protective!!!

I really think that floor thing hurt the Spurs a lot. Besides the fact that they might be scared a bit running around (because if one of the big three twists an angle, it's gonna be trouble), but they had to stop a warm-up again, which, as Barkley said, is harder to do for the older guys.

Why the hell are they don't that crap after the first quarter anyway? Save those dumb theatrics for halftime.

Summers
05-04-2008, 07:37 AM
I wouldn't say no "heart" as much as no BALLS. Hopefully he has them Fed Exed to him before game 2 and the real Tim Duncan shows up.

His wife keeps them in a jar in the kitchen?

Duncan never gets shut down 2 games in a row. I expect a pretty good showing Monday. The hornets do not scare me.

DarrinS
05-04-2008, 08:30 AM

Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?

BlackSwordsMan
05-04-2008, 08:32 AM
It's all hugo the hornets fault

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-04-2008, 08:33 AM
so just completely no show a 2nd half in a playoff game, and for Tim Duncan to have the most pathetic game of his life in the playoffs was a joke

SMH @ veterans being made to looks like god damn fools by such a young team

it goes without saying that if the Spurs want any shot in this series it's GM2 win or fishing

m33p0
05-04-2008, 08:37 AM
compulsory bullshit thread.

i'm sure there were other bad games in the past.

Tacker
05-04-2008, 08:37 AM
A bandwagoner, thread failed

remingtonbo2001
05-04-2008, 08:38 AM
This couldn't have gone in the Tim Duncan Played Pathetic thread?

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-04-2008, 08:43 AM
what separates this game and others is that is the Spurs no showed a PLAYOFF game in the 2nd half

it's one thing to just mail in a regular season game, but a playoff game? ANd the Suns blowout loss was different because the Spurs were blown out after 5 min, not after leading at half time

SAGambler
05-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Panic over nothing right now

As the Suns said after the first two games, Spurs did what they were supposed to do. Hold home court. Right now they have only done that for one game. A game in which Duncan apparently decided to mail it in.

His not scoring was bad enough, but to top it off I think he only managed 3 boards all night. That is what is unbelievable. All those offensive boards Hornets got is what beat us to death.

Hopefully the Spurs aren't going to start playing the first half of games and mailing in the rest.

But that was just a strange game anyway. From the fiasco at the end of the first quarter, to all the ticky tack fouls called to start the third.

Pop needs to put Duncan on West, and live with any fouls he gets. Otherwise West is going to fuckin kill us. And why no Ime last night until the end? Like I said, after the first quarter that was a strange fuckin game.

SAGambler
05-04-2008, 08:47 AM

That wasn't the floor. That was one of the Hornets that threw him down. And of course no foul. Same play, Pargo hits Duncan from behind, knocks him down at the other end of the court and no foul on that one either.

SAGambler
05-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Perhaps you have forgotten already the games 3 and 4 against the Pistons in 05. IIRC, we sucked in both of those games and got out ass taken to the cleaners bad.

But it all turned out good in the end.

This is one game. Monday is a new day.

GrandeDavid
05-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Agree. Time to get Game 2. Game 1 war patetisch.

GrandeDavid
05-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Why Do You Capitalize Every Word?

He/she does that to draw attention to him/herself and to get under people's skin.

Mister Sinister
05-04-2008, 09:13 AM
SD21 needs to either STFU or GTFO.

Spurs Brazil
05-04-2008, 09:42 AM
SpursBrazil, bom dia! Estou em SP (Moema) ate segunda de tarde. Voce mora daqui perto? Qual bairro?

Bom dia Grande.

Moro na Saúde, mas estou trabalhando na Vila Mariana.

São uns 25 minutos de distância. Estou puto. O jogo acabou 2 da manhã e agora tenho que trabalhar no domingo.

DarrinS
05-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm sure Pop is calling out Tim.

That's the worst game I've ever seen Tim play in the playoffs.

Summers
05-04-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm sure Pop is calling out Tim.

That's the worst game I've ever seen Tim play in the playoffs.

I don't think so. They played good defense on him and his shot wouldn't fall. I don't think he did anything wrong... just had a crappy night. Pop has said inthe past he doesn't say anything to Tim after a game like this because he's so hard on himself and will figure it out himself.

florige
05-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Worse comes to worse, if they lose game 2 and Tim plays bad again Spurs will go home with a pissed off Duncan and he will no doubt have 2 big ones in a row and you have to like the Spurs to tie the series.
Thing is NO is young and inexperienced, i could see them all full of themselves if they got up 2-0.

I would rather not chance that. They did hand us a good ass whupping at home this year.

clambake
05-04-2008, 11:19 AM
just part of being a "cagey veteran". lure them in pounce.

boutons_
05-04-2008, 12:34 PM
I haven't seen Tim look so bad since Game3,4 @Auburn Hills in 05. He still sucked in Game5 but Robert saved the Championship.

It happens, and it happens at the worst of times. He'll be back.

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 01:13 PM
just part of being a "cagey veteran". lure them in pounce.

:lol

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Whore.

Kori Ellis
05-04-2008, 01:25 PM
[/drama queen]

spyder
05-04-2008, 01:26 PM
merge

BonnerDynasty
05-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Fuck West and Paul, arrogant pricks.

MONTENEGRINO
05-04-2008, 01:59 PM
nah. It was all in his head. He needs to nut up for Game 2. But if you don't believe in TD, you might as well not believe in the Spurs.

Smart answer.
I can't believe that someone who call himself Spurs fan after all those years can even think of Timmy that way... Bullshit. Hornets will be destroyed in rest of series like Hawks tonight. And yes, by Tim Duncan who has no heart...

ferg
05-04-2008, 02:10 PM
meh, at lest we're not in the position that boston is in!

Biggems
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
u guys didnt see that witch doctor right behind the Hornets bench with the Duncan voodoo doll did you? He is the reason Tim looked like Kwame Brown last night.

duncan2k5
05-04-2008, 04:44 PM
dont call me stupid because i made an opinionated comment. i felt like he played with no heart. he wasnt hustling. he had 3 rebounds. thats playing with no heart. its not like he was tryin and struggled. he wasnt tryin. he was mooping around. he had no heart. i saw a pass go to him, he bobbled it...it fell to the floor and he watched it roll...ROLL out of bounds off of him. NO HEART. he needs to get his damn act together. there is a difference with plying hard and having a bad game..and playing with no heart. you dont get 3 rebounds playing with heart

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2008, 04:56 PM
KEDA and I came to the conclusion based on scientific evidence (namely, we have both played it, too), that Tim was tired from playing too much GTA 4.

Manu_Ginobili
05-04-2008, 04:57 PM
that is the worst pathetic effort I have ever seen

Tim played like he was fucking scared the whole time

TIM GAVE UP ON THE TEAM THIS TIME- HE OWES THE SPURS 'BIG TIME' IN GAME 2 - WE NEED 40 PTS AND 18 RBS FROM HIM!!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 05:07 PM
the truth is, Tim got lazy and soft.

The intensity he brought to the Suns, wasn't the same mentality he brought last night. If NO is going to double him, Tim has to get into a better position on the low-block and he's teammates need to help him out and feed him.
Instead he lazily deferred

Galileo
05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
does anyone know if Tim Duncan has suffered an injury or was sick last night? Tim had 5 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists in 37 minutes. I can't believe that he didn't have the flu or food poisoning or something. I hope its the flu or food poisoning, because then he will rebound with a vengence next game. We only lost the '04 and '06 titles because Tim had injuries.

ClingingMars
05-04-2008, 09:02 PM

Fuck.

Sense
05-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Tim's gonna have a 30 15 night tomorrow..

I can almost smell it!

I can guarantee anyone that he's more pissed about it than us... he will come out the next game and dominate the hornets.

duncan228
05-04-2008, 09:07 PM
does anyone know if Tim Duncan has suffered an injury or was sick last night? Tim had 5 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists in 37 minutes. I can't believe that he didn't have the flu or food poisoning or something. I hope its the flu or food poisoning, because then he will rebound with a vengence next game. We only lost the '04 and '06 titles because Tim had injuries.

I've found nothing on Duncan hurt in any way. And I've looked.
The Spurs keep things close, we may not know if he was hurt or sick.

My guess is it was an off night. A bad game. I expect to see the Duncan we know in game 2. No matter what they throw at him.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 09:08 PM

in '05 Tim Duncan had two bad ankles but we still won.
I don't think Tim was playing hurt. Just made passive decisions.

ClingingMars
05-04-2008, 09:10 PM
GTA IV is very addicting, you know.

- Mars

florige
05-04-2008, 09:35 PM
GTA IV is very addicting, you know.

- Mars

You bastard!:lol

ClingingMars
05-04-2008, 09:44 PM
You bastard!:lol

What, I'm sorry! Tim just kept drive-bying me and I had to use the chopper to dispose of him! It was a pain in the ass to land, though.

- Mars

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 11:40 PM
the truth is, Tim got lazy and soft.

The intensity he brought to the Suns, wasn't the same mentality he brought last night. If NO is going to double him, Tim has to get into a better position on the low-block and he's teammates need to help him out and feed him.
Instead he lazily deferred

I honestly don't know what the hell happened last night?? Tim is 32 years old but as we saw from the Suns series he is still in his prime or close to it. It is not like he has never been doubled hard before. I thougth he would adjust for the 2nd half and be more aggressive, fight for better position down low, make better choices when he is doubled but it never happened. It is like he was thrown off by the double teams, then rushed a few shots they were all off and he just had no confidence the rest of the night. I expect a much better game from him. He has to play better and smarter, get the most of his shots and fight his ass off the whole game.

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Was he really hurt in '06? He dropped 39 points on the mavs in game 7.. I didn't think he was hurt then..

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Was he really hurt in '06? He dropped 39 points on the mavs in game 7.. I didn't think he was hurt then..

He had plantar fasciatis that season and had to play through it. He was pretty much out of gas after game 7.

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Oh.. Still I don't think that counts as an excuse.

Then again maybe it's just my expectations.. but that game was certainly winnable (and no, I'm not going to say "if Ginobili didn't foul Dirk". What if Ginobili didn't make the 3?)

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 02:46 AM
double post: for the record I think Duncan will come out strong in game 2. Unlike other players Duncan has the mental fortitude to bounce back from a bad game.

Not a knock on NO, though. I thought the Spurs were still in it despite playing badly, but you have to give them credit. I think Paul making West better is a bit of a stretch though.. dude can create his own shot. Let's see how Pop adjusts.

CosmicCowboy
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I think Scotts aggressive double teams every time Tim touched the ball caught Tim by surprise and knocked him off his game. Scott stubbornly refused to double Duncan in the Spurs/Nets series and I don't think Pop/Duncan were expecting this.

I don't expect two bad games in a row from him...

boutons_
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
"double teams every time Tim touched the ball caught Tim by surprise"

As if Tim/Pop had never seen double-teams these past 10 years? Do those guy even think about DTs and how to respond?

Too simple, Tim was in some kind of drug-like funk.

I'm stuck with an image of Tim in the PHX series, also drug-like, as on a 1000 mg of caffeine.

He was at that FT line, camera below the backboard, Tim wiping his brow, rocking a little, almost coudn't be still, intense, staring at the ball STILL in the ref's hands, sorting like "hurry up and give me the fucking ball. I gotta a game to play, there's business to finish!".

That's the Tim I want to see tonight.

NoDoz is cheap, and legal!! :)

wijayas
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
that is the worst pathetic effort I have ever seen

Tim played like he was fucking scared the whole time

If it were not for Tim Duncan, the Spurs will have 4 rings less and we won't be talking smack here. Go easy on TD people... :toast

Indazone
05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
"double teams every time Tim touched the ball caught Tim by surprise"

As if Tim/Pop had never seen double-teams these past 10 years? Do those guy even think about DTs and how to respond?

Too simple, Tim was in some kind of drug-like funk.

I'm stuck with an image of Tim in the PHX series, also drug-like, as on a 1000 mg of caffeine.

He was at that FT line, camera below the backboard, Tim wiping his brow, rocking a little, almost coudn't be still, intense, staring at the ball STILL in the ref's hands, sorting like "hurry up and give me the fucking ball. I gotta a game to play, there's business to finish!".

That's the Tim I want to see tonight.

NoDoz is cheap, and legal!! :)

Tim Partying with Josh Howard the night before??? Don't smoke the wacky weed before a big game!!!