PDA

View Full Version : The Official Do Not Panic Thread

DannyT
05-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Dudes its only game one...Timmy played horribly and Bruce Bruce was our leading scorer to start the game off...even if we lose game two I wouldn't panic...these MEN are made of heart and win championships....

:flag:Believe:flag:

One for the Thumb
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

bdictjames
05-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks dude the forum definitely needed one of these. Hoping for a great start at game 2.

gospursgojas
05-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I seriously don't think there will/is much panic.

C'mon spurs fans we're better than that.

I myself predicted them to loose this game.

I also predicted them to win 4 straight after this one :wow

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 12:03 AM
No, I'm totally panicking.

Medvedenko
05-04-2008, 12:05 AM
5 points....really for TD....really...I didn't watch the game....what the hell happened.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Not panicking but i am concerned. As bad as Duncan played tonight Spurs must hit a crazy amount of outside shots in this series. NO is not going to allow Duncan to get off 15-20 shots often they are going to make the other guys beat them. Pop needs to be more creative with his playcalls, get Duncan in better spots and Duncan needs to be more aggressive. I love him but his effort tonight was very poor.

pooh
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
the button should be held down after that game tonight.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
5 points....really for TD....really...I didn't watch the game....what the hell happened.

Got doubled, then got out of rythm and pretty much stunk up the joint. Probably the worst game of his playoff career.

WildcardManu
05-04-2008, 12:09 AM
It's just game 1, ppl need to chill out, we shouldn't expect to always win. A split heading to SA would be nice though.

xamila rey
05-04-2008, 12:10 AM
thanks, i need it,
i am little worried
even i know i shouldnt be

samikeyp
05-04-2008, 12:11 AM
We are experiencing typical levels of drama associated with a Spurs playoff loss. Nothing new to see here. :)

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Just 1 road game you guys are the champs you will win game 2.:flag:

tmtcsc
05-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Panic ? I'm not surprised we got our asses handed to us. The Hornets are the real deal. This is the toughest match-up of the playoffs for us, regardless if we win the series or not. This is it, this is for the championship.

They are younger, they don't give up, they play defense and they aren't afraid of us. It took everything we had to win 2 regular season games against them. If the Hornets beat us, I fully expect them to win the West.

There is no, "its just one game". It's the 3rd time they have done this to us. Every facet of the game goes to the Hornets.

For us to win this, we need to smack them hard and play at our absolute best and smartest. We need to blow them the fuck out.

Oh yeah, Chris Paul is a little punk bitch.

JohnnySixString
05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
No need to panic. What's the point? Hell, at least they got out of round 1. And honestly now, they didn't play all that damn great against the Suns either. Nothing I saw in the first round made me think the Spurs had figured their shit out and were ready to win another championship. Quite the opposite actually; game 5 was another example of how much the Spurs DON'T have their shit together yet. Tonight was indeed PROOF of that. If they lose this series, which is a real damn good possibility, then oh well. At least they didn't get tossed in the first round, right?

duncan228
05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Not worried, not panicking. You need 4, not 1. Duncan, and the team, will come out focused Monday and the series begins.

Capt Bringdown
05-04-2008, 12:17 AM
If the Hornets beat us, I fully expect them to win the West.

What's the Lakers record against the Hornets? I don't see Kobe and crew getting blown out by these guys, sorry.

Maybe they've got our number.

HFFL
05-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Drinks on me!

:lmao

http://www.wacky-packages.net/images/wonderbread/kook-aid.jpg

Budkin
05-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm not panicking at all I'm just pissed at seeing my team play such a gutless heartless game.

DAF86
05-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Sign me in. :smokin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Panic ? I'm not surprised we got our asses handed to us. The Hornets are the real deal. This is the toughest match-up of the playoffs for us, regardless if we win the series or not. This is it, this is for the championship.

They are younger, they don't give up, they play defense and they aren't afraid of us. It took everything we had to win 2 regular season games against them. If the Hornets beat us, I fully expect them to win the West.

My thoughts exactly. :tu

Be worried, because this game was almost identical to the two regular season blowouts and once again proved that the Hornets are our worst matchup in the NBA.

However, I think CIA Pop decided to hold back his adjustments today when it was clear the Hornets had the momentum (that's the only thing that makes sense - otherwise he went insane and forgot how to coach!). Game 2 will be a different story.

DO NOT PANIC.

Panicking never helps.

JohnnySixString
05-04-2008, 12:39 AM
So basically if they lose game 2 , then it's ok for everyone to freak out and start jumping ship.

angel_luv
05-04-2008, 12:44 AM
So Spurs in five then. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-04-2008, 12:55 AM
So basically if they lose game 2 , then it's ok for everyone to freak out and start jumping ship.

No, panicking is pointless no matter what happens.

And jumping ship is never an option.

hive_attack
05-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Spurs always have problems with extremely fast point guards. Look what Devin Harris did to your team. Players that don't allow your team defense to get set are the key to beating the Spurs.

gameFACE
05-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Not panicking here either. It was just frustrating to watch. I felt like I was watching a regular season game.

There isn't really a history of the Spurs losing a series they open away from home and lose Game 1. The only time I can think of is the '02 series against the Lakers. They lost that series. But they were owned by the Lakers back then. The Hornets are anew opponent for the Spurs. A good one.

dav4463
05-04-2008, 01:01 AM
This type of loss is the reason you have to win four. It's not the NCAA playoffs where a couple of fluke wins gets you a championship. In the NBA, you have to earn it.

HFFL
05-04-2008, 01:05 AM
This type of loss is the reason you have to win four. It's not the NCAA playoffs where a couple of fluke wins gets you a championship. In the NBA, you have to earn it.

Who wants to insert the Captain Obvious photo?

tmtcsc
05-04-2008, 01:06 AM
We had plenty of rest for this game.
We made our outside shots early.
We had a lead at halftime.
We got offensive production from Bruce Bowen.

What more could you ask for ? The Hornets don't lay down for anyone. They knew we couldn't keep hitting our jumpers and they just kept playing their game.

I felt the game was lost when the Hornets finished the second half by outscoring by 7 pts.
We were up 48-37 with 2:46 to go and didn't play smart ball. WTF is up with the hack-a-Tyson ? That bullshit needs to stop. It was fine with Shaq and just plain stupid and a bit desperate against the Hornets.

We finished 3rd in the conference to them and for good reason. We should be the underdogs in this series, they have proven to be the better team.

No matter how we got there, we were in a great position to win but the Hornets took the game in the second half. I saw nothing tonight from our guys to expect the results to be different. In order for us to win, we will have to play extraordinarily good.

The Hornets have owned us in the second half in 3 blowouts:

Regular Season Game 2 : Outscored by 25 pts

Regular Season Game 3: Outscored by 18 pts

Playoff blowout Game 1: Outscored by 23 pts

We can't seem to hang with them or drag them into a tight game in the second half. I'm sure the Hornets won't be trailing by 20 something fucking pts when they play us on our court. WE NEED TO CONTROL THE 2nd HALF and play 48 - smart, efficient minutes.

tmtcsc
05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
why would anyone ever panic after one game..is beyond me? So if the Spurs had won this game hypothetically everyone would be saying that the Spurs would Sweep?:wakeup

This may have been game 1 of the series but this was the 3rd blowout and 2nd half collapse to them.Same old Shit....except for the added bonus of Tim playing like shit. I thought he got decent looks, he just didn't make his shots OR his FT's. Totally outplayed by West. -- That was the biggest difference. Hell, if it wasn't for our 3's, we would have lost by 30 tonight.

DAF86
05-04-2008, 01:13 AM
We had plenty of rest for this game.
We made our outside shots early.
We had a lead at halftime.
We got offensive production from Bruce Bowen.

What more could you ask for ?

Hmm, I don't know... What about more than 5 freaking points by Tim Duncan?

xtremesteven33
05-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Put Duncan on West for a couple possesions, and put Ginobili on Peja......pop will figure something out...he always does....

urunobili
05-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Thanks dude the forum definitely needed one of these. Hoping for a great start at game 2.

i a more hoping for a better finish than a good start... Timmy getting owned by chandler won;t happen all the time... :flag:

tmtcsc
05-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Hmm, I don't know... What about more than 5 freaking points by Tim Duncan?

:lol I forgot to add the "and tim is playing like crap" to the We had a lead at halftime point.

Good catch, yeah more than 5 pts from Tim is going to have to happen.

nikegirl
05-04-2008, 07:34 AM
No need to panic. What's the point? Hell, at least they got out of round 1. And honestly now, they didn't play all that damn great against the Suns either. Nothing I saw in the first round made me think the Spurs had figured their shit out and were ready to win another championship. Quite the opposite actually; game 5 was another example of how much the Spurs DON'T have their shit together yet. Tonight was indeed PROOF of that. If they lose this series, which is a real damn good possibility, then oh well. At least they didn't get tossed in the first round, right?

I do agree with you about the Spurs not really turning the corner. I think they still lack some things they had when they won their championships. Like a more potent offense? I think that is what they are severely lacking. If they want to win against the Hornets, the bench better be there coz championship teams have a steady and consistent bench.

m33p0
05-04-2008, 09:39 AM
you giving out chill pills? hand me some, will yah.

WalterBenitez
05-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Panic? WFT was that coaching stuff POP bring yesterday??

Stats demands that we need to win 3 games in a row!!

Avitus1
05-04-2008, 11:28 AM
http://joshstaiger.org/images/DontPanic_1024.jpg

Man of Steel
05-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm kinda down today.

If we go down 2-0, I think we're going fishing...

csaenz
05-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Going fishing? Hell no. I'm not going to sit here and say I'm happy with that loss, but blowouts are the best types of losses in a series. You never want to lose a really close game. Look at the Suns last round. The most important game was the first, a ridiculously close heartbreaker for the Suns. The least important game was game four, where they stomped us. Sure, we were already up three, and a break was slightly expected. Right now, I'm thinking about last year, where we lost the Game 1 of the first series -- at home, even -- to Denver. The Hornets have to win the first games at home just to stay in contention, so this blowout is fine. We may have gotten the same amount of rest days, but we came off a much more emotional series. None of the Hornets games against Dallas were very close.

That being said -- and remember who told you -- we'll win the next three games. Yes, the next three. We'll lose game 5 in NO, and finish it off in San Antonio. (When we lost to Denver, we won four in a row right after, and that was the same Denver team Stephen A(Hole) Smith picked to win it all this year. So, there you go.)

TampaDude
05-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm not too worried right now...it was a road game and the Spurs just played like shit, especially TD...hopefully they will get it together for Game 2 and take the split back to SA.

Spurs in 6. Book it.

oski1000
05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
IŽll be in panic mode if we lose game2 with TD playing the same way...:flag::flag: