PDA

View Full Version : The reason it was a blowout

GSH
05-04-2008, 12:15 AM
The Spurs lost the game because they couldn't buy a basket in the second half, and Tim was ineffective. But... it was a blowout because they took 15 more shots than we did.

That's right 15 more shots than we took. Even shooting as badly as we did, it's a close game without that.

mrcoon29
05-04-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't anticipate Timmy having another bad game..I discount the last few minutes with the bench in and NO padding the lead (which I don't have a problem with). So, if Timmy had been Timmy - game won very easily.

Geeboy
05-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Free Throw!!! Arhgggg...

anjlbitz
05-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Out rebounded. BIG TIME 50-34? come on, Spurs can do better than that. tsk.

King Ju I
05-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I gotta admit. Im really suprised at Tim Duncan's performance. West see the Spurs as a challenge and Peja played well. But 5 points for Duncan?? Wow!! Good news is(for Spurs fans) chances that will happen more than once about 0.000000001%

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Really?

I thought it was because NO got some calls, SA changed their game, went away from TD, didn't rebound, and settled for jumpers.

But I watched the game so I no nothing.

Budkin
05-04-2008, 12:27 AM
The refs got into Timmy's head and the rest is history.

SPURS50
05-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Were the spurs in the penalty coming out of halftime? I think they might have been!:(

lefty
05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Fire Pop!

Bench Oberto!

Trade Eva for Atlanta hot girl

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:33 AM
The refs got into Timmy's head and the rest is history.

Word. I have never seen him do that before ever, so unlike him.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Horrific game from Duncan (God i was pissed watching that but he'll be OK)

Manu was pretty bad as well (His health has me a bit worried right now)

Bad defense and rebounding was the story here and West kicked our ass, we may need to double him.

gameFACE
05-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Games have got into Duncan's head before. Not often, though. I don't know if it's happened in the playoffs either.

But tonight he was definitely frazzled and frustrated by their defense.

Dirk41MVP
05-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I guess you were right in making fun of Dallas huh ? NO should be cake walk... HAHAHA, can't wait to continue watching you struggle.

Manufan909
05-04-2008, 02:30 AM
You, you shut up. You can only talk big when Dirk gets out of the first round again.

BiZNicK
05-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Oberto does not need to be playing

Horry does not need to be taking 3pt shots

Manu needs to drive more instead of random 3pt shots

KT needs to be the official DWest defender

Duncan needs to step up, and stop trying to hit everything off the glass

Loose Cannon
05-04-2008, 02:45 AM
The good news is that Duncan is going to fuck the Hornets up next game.

Nolazach
05-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Loose Cannon, Were you kicked off the Nazi site too? Sr.com

I remember that name and something to do with the Spurs. I hate that SR site. Freakin Andrus and his ass kissing mods. they banned almost everyone.

Anyway go hornets.

SaintsReport#9
05-04-2008, 02:58 AM
The good news is that Duncan is going to fuck the Hornets up next game.

:lmao ....we'll see LC.

Loose Cannon
05-04-2008, 03:02 AM
hellllp

Septic
05-04-2008, 04:53 AM
Really?

I thought it was because NO got some calls, SA changed their game, went away from TD, didn't rebound, and settled for jumpers.

But I watched the game so I no nothing.I couldnt't sum it up any better!

GrandeDavid
05-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Yes, rebounding the basketball is a major element of the game in order to be victorious.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Improvements:

-Get it to Duncan early so he can do his move quickly before a double comes. This will get him into his rhythm
-Buckle down and stay consistent with the defense the whole game; stop making them get so many offensive rebounds
-Keep Kurt Thomas on West for as long as possible. West can't score on Thomas. Horry may be able to do as good a job as Thomas.

Dingle Barry
05-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Horry did a better job on West than KT. KT was playing slow and hacking quite a bit last night.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Horry did a better job on West than KT. KT was playing slow and hacking quite a bit last night.

The first half Thomas was doing a solid job. Every time Thomas was on him, West had to give it up. Not saying you should do Thomas over Horry all the time. Both should take turns playing West and Bonzi. Udoka might be useful in this area also.

Tacker
05-04-2008, 07:59 AM
The reason why TD was limited to 5 points was because he was doubled every time he got the ball causing other players to be wide open but most of the time, those wide open players didn't hit their shots.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 08:09 AM
The reason why TD was limited to 5 points was because he was doubled every time he got the ball causing other players to be wide open but most of the time, those wide open players didn't hit their shots.

For the last time, Tim got good looks, but those looks just weren't dropping and his confidence went down. That's why he was held to 5 points. For the most part he defeated himself.

kaponodynasty
05-04-2008, 08:12 AM
The Spurs lost the game because they couldn't buy a basket in the second half, and Tim was ineffective. But... it was a blowout because they took 15 more shots than we did.

That's right 15 more shots than we took. Even shooting as badly as we did, it's a close game without that.

look for tim to have a monster game next time.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Tim will probably blame himself and will come out blazing game 2. I have a feeling Spurs will dominate the whole game and go back to San Antonio tied up.

Teal Street
05-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I dont expect the wins to be as lopsided and I do expect the Spurs to win so games. They are better than what I saw on the floor tonight. Maybe they just thought the Hornets would be all wide eyed and green and buy into to all that "experience cant be over looked " The Hornets looked pissed and played with purpose. I hope they keep it up because thats what it will take to beat a CHampion

mikeanthony21
05-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Horrific game from Duncan (God i was pissed watching that but he'll be OK)

Manu was pretty bad as well (His health has me a bit worried right now)

Bad defense and rebounding was the story here and West kicked our ass, we may need to double him.

...or take him to the French Quarter before Monday's game... and keep him there.

m33p0
05-04-2008, 08:47 AM
I dont expect the wins to be as lopsided and I do expect the Spurs to win so games. They are better than what I saw on the floor tonight. Maybe they just thought the Hornets would be all wide eyed and green and buy into to all that "experience cant be over looked " The Hornets looked pissed and played with purpose. I hope they keep it up because thats what it will take to beat a CHampion

spurs have a history of playing piss poor basketball. and they've been playing for long time to know never to take anyone for granted. if this was, say the suns, spurs already know their tendencies and would have already taken advantage of them. this was a feel-out game for them since this is the first time they played the hornets the in the playoffs. i was hoping for a win but expecting them to lose game 1. what i, and many spurs fans, can't take was the way they performed. flat is a word that comes to mind to describe it.