PDA

View Full Version : Keys to victory in game 2 against NO

TDfan2007
05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Here's what needs to happen for a game two victory:

- Defensive adjustments, specifically Parker on CP3, Bowen on Peja, Tim on West

-Tim needs to read the double teams better. His decision making tonight was poor

-Rebounding, starting with Tim, needs to improve. It helps to jump when going for a board and the Spurs' bigs seemed incapable of getting more than an inch off the ground tonight.

-help defense needs to be on point. Again, this starts with Tim as his rotations were awful tonight.

-attack attack attack. Bailing the Hornets out with threes is just not going to get it done. Manu, Tony, and Tim should dominate the paint ala the Suns series. THey certainly have less paint defense to contend with.

-play like it's a playoff game. The body language of our guys in the 2nd half was concerning. Basketball is a game of runs and the Spurs seemed to forget that fact tonight. Proper confidence and effort is a key. It's also the least to ask from a team of professionals. Honestly, I shouldn't even have to be addressing this issue...

The Spurs do this and game two is theirs and the Hornets will have a lot of pressure on them to win in SA.

Believe! :flag:

lefty
05-04-2008, 12:31 AM
I will simplify this for you :

Play 2 halves

TDfan2007
05-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I will simplify this for you :

Play 2 halves

not that easy. THe Spurs in the first half were still trigger-happy with the three and played inconsistent D. THings need to change.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Spurs need to give NO the Suns treatment of last year. Turn CP3 into a scorer.

Smirk
05-04-2008, 12:34 AM
If you guys make your FTs its a different game.

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:34 AM
All we have to do is play through the calls and the pressure. Don't change what was working to start the game, and allow the other team and refs to decide your next move.

Smirk
05-04-2008, 12:35 AM
allow the other team and refs to decide your next move.

:lol

Right.

dav4463
05-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Play with some passion. It just seems like the Spurs are going through the motions because the opponent is the Hornets.

It's not the glamour matchup with the Suns or Lakers. It's not a team you competely hate like the Mavericks.

Spurs better start hating or something! Play with passion and desire. Going through the motions against a team that is this good will get you beat!

GO SPURS GO !!!!

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:40 AM
:lol

Right.

I'm not complaining, you shouldn't either. You got home court calls tonight and plenty of them. San Antonio became tight and uncharacteristically change the approach to the game by going through Duncan with pick and rolls with Parker. Some games it's heavy, some are just typical. They were heavy tonight.

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:44 AM
The Spurs need to stop having Manu play on the perimeter when Pargo or Paul is guarding him..Pop needs to post Manu against Paul or Pargo!!!!!!!!!!!

Right. We get tagged as floppers but if we did that what do you thinks going to happen? Flop there it is.

peskypesky
05-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Key for victory in game 2:
Tim Duncan

Kori Ellis
05-04-2008, 12:49 AM
The key for next game is for Duncan to show up.

cly2tw
05-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Duncan needs to force some shots against double team and make them, to stir it up a bit. NO is very disciplined. If TD's moves become predictable, NO has the answer already, unlike the clueless Suns under DA.
Spurs easying scoring came often when there was some sort of 'chaos' on NO's defense or transition. So, your chance will crucially depend on how often this happens, since the set defense by NO is too good.

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:50 AM
^ and the Spurs not fold on the road and the pressure it brings.

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 12:52 AM
how would posting Manu against Paul, tag the Spurs as Floppers? They would be on the offensive end? Unlike Suns The Hornets switch on the pick and roll..so post up Manu against the smaller guard and let him abuse them!

Dude we are already tagged as floppers that's what I said. Where you at?

I am a Hogs fan, I know Pargo. He will flop if Manu posts him, he just will and we won't get that call on their home floor. Face the fact, Manu is not a post up player on top of that. He does not score his points with his back to the basket.

dbreiden83080
05-04-2008, 12:54 AM
The key for next game is for Duncan to show up.

Duncan will show up but he is not going to have a huge night scoring the way they are double teaming him.

MannyIsGod
05-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Ducan needs to show up. But really, what hurt them the most tonight (and maybe this is partially Duncan not sowing up) was the offensive rebounding. NO is far too good to give them so many chances at making a shot. 2-3 ofensive rebounds on one possesion is ridiculous.

gameFACE
05-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Besides Duncan showing up both offensively (and defensively against West) our other big men have to do a much better job on West.

anjlbitz
05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm having 2006 WCSF flashbacks..

AAAAAHHH

Kori Ellis
05-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Duncan will show up but he is not going to have a huge night scoring the way they are double teaming him.

He doesn't have to be huge. But 5 and 3 isn't going to cut it against the Clippers in November. So it's certainly not good enough against the Hornets in May. He's the best PF of all time and he played weak against Chandler and even Ely.

sabar
05-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Key to victory: don't repeat 2006 semis

cp3 4 mvp
05-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Key to game 2 win against us: Get Duncan to play with some energy, it looked like he didnt even want to win out there tonight.