PDA

View Full Version : Unbiased thread from a Hornets fan

NOhornets
05-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Guys, I typically spend my time on LSU/Hornets forums and I know how we look upon the opposition so I hope you will take this response with a bit of integrity.

First things first, we were extremely fortunate tonight. Things opened up in the 4th and the game was a lot closer than the final score indicated.

Second, it's home court. And it's the playoffs. We got the calls tonight and we'll probably get them Monday. We WON'T get them in San Antonio. Again, it's the playoffs.

Third, I really respect the Spurs and the brand of basketball they (you) play. We play a slightly different way and tonight it played off because our role players showed up.

Fourth, its a seven game series so one win tonight really means nothing in the long run. A win Monday by the Spurs is considered an overall victory in the first two games.

Last, don't blame Chris Paul for being fired up. It's something every team wants in a player and we are damn proud to have him represent us. I know you all would enjoy the same.

Good luck from here on out and I hope we can engage in some relevant conversation purely about basketball from here on out.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I like the biased ones better.

MannyIsGod
05-04-2008, 01:07 AM
I don't blame CP3 for anything other than being REALLY FUCKING GOOD. Its disgusting how he breaks teams down. He IS the NO Hornets. Besides, I like the cockiness in him. I think thats part of what makes the great ones great.

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Guys, I typically spend my time on LSU/Hornets forums and I know how we look upon the opposition so I hope you will take this response with a bit of integrity.

First things first, we were extremely fortunate tonight. Things opened up in the 4th and the game was a lot closer than the final score indicated.

Second, it's home court. And it's the playoffs. We got the calls tonight and we'll probably get them Monday. We WON'T get them in San Antonio. Again, it's the playoffs.

Third, I really respect the Spurs and the brand of basketball they (you) play. We play a slightly different way and tonight it played off because our role players showed up.

Fourth, its a seven game series so one win tonight really means nothing in the long run. A win Monday by the Spurs is considered an overall victory in the first two games.

Last, don't blame Chris Paul for being fired up. It's something every team wants in a player and we are damn proud to have him represent us. I know you all would enjoy the same.

Good luck from here on out and I hope we can engage in some relevant conversation purely about basketball from here on out.

Where you lost me bud.

A split would mean a lot but two would have been the series.

urunobili
05-04-2008, 01:12 AM
jinx attempt thread... you can put this complacency on your ass :flipoff

hive_attack
05-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Luck had no part of tonights win. It was a thorough beating. Paul needs to be in attack mode from the start next game. Today he was too worried about getting everyone involved. More 1 man fastbreaks would be nice as you can see how easily it is against the spurs bigs since they don't get down the court that fast.

blizz
05-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Luck had no part of tonights win. It was a thurough beating.

REALLY? We must have watched different games. Spurs shot poorly in the 2nd half and got some bad calls...all that said it was an 8 pt game late. We missed a ton of shots, then the wheels fell off . That's NOT a THOROUGH beating. Tune in Monday to see that when the Spurs put one on the Hornets. Tim WILL have a better game...count on it. The Hornets didn't play all that great...nothing impressed me...the Spurs just played a horrible 2nd half.

CP3 Dynasty
05-04-2008, 01:24 AM
REALLY? We must have watched different games. Spurs shot poorly in the 2nd half and got some bad calls...all that said it was an 8 pt game late. We missed a ton of shots, then the wheels fell off . That's NOT a THOROUGH beating. Tune in Monday to see that when the Spurs put one on the Hornets. Tim WILL have a better game...count on it. The Hornets didn't play all that great...nothing impressed me...the Spurs just played a horrible 2nd half.

:sleep Call me when you find an answer for David West and myself.

blizz
05-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Amazing...one playoff win against the Champs and look how cocky they get. It's funny actually. Enjoy it.

Louie Vega
05-04-2008, 01:27 AM

Fuck off mothjerfucker. We'll see how how humble you are when Chris Pual is roilling around on the floor in pain BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its only a matter of time!

cp3 4 mvp
05-04-2008, 01:28 AM
Amazing...one playoff win against the Champs and look how cocky they get. It's funny actually. Enjoy it.

well, the spurs have not been able to contain him all year so thats a very legitimate statement.

CP3 Dynasty
05-04-2008, 01:28 AM

Champs? No one cares about last year, this years championship is still to be decided.

Louie Vega
05-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Champs? No one cares about last year, this years championship is still to be decided.

Well I know one thing for sure! The lakers won't be the champ! Sorry Bitch!

Brutalis
05-04-2008, 01:30 AM

Hey, you must know Princess Pimp riiight? Look here, I know this dude who can get some stuff...

Nolazach
05-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Spurs fans.

Want to talk about the past. Talk about championships. But when they drop the ball and their best player is held to his lowest FG total ever in the playoffs.

No credit is given to our D. I was at the game, I saw the crappy calls. The officials must love your state. They barely called any calls agaisnt yall.

Your team fell apart.

19 points. Hopefully we pull 20 Monday.

Silly Spurs its an even year. Its our year.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Spurs fans. I was at the game, I saw the crappy calls. The officials must love your state. They barely called any calls agaisnt yall.

:lmao

DespЏrado
05-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Spurs fans.

Want to talk about the past. Talk about championships. But when they drop the ball and their best player is held to his lowest FG total ever in the playoffs.

No credit is given to our D. I was at the game, I saw the crappy calls. The officials must love your state. They barely called any calls agaisnt yall.

Your team fell apart.

19 points. Hopefully we pull 20 Monday.

Silly Spurs its an even year. Its our year.
You have a great young team and they will get better, but I hate to say this but you haven't played the real Spurs yet. They didn't show up. I don't know why, but they couldn't make it to the game tonight. I'm pissed that they feel arrogant enough to think they can just not show to play against such a good up and coming team, and I would be laying into their asses like one of Holt's steam rollers, but regardless, they decided tonight wasn't right.

If you think tonight is in anyway representative of how the Spurs play playoff basketball your in for a very big surprise.

Oh well, don't believe me. I know you won't, and this will just seem like arrogance, but I've seen a lot of Spurs games to know when they are actually in the game and when they are just off for whatever reason.

You have a good team that will soon join the Spurs as a really great team, I have no doubt that CP3 will retire with rings or an even better rival, but they just aren't there yet.