PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Pop

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Classy guy and awesome coach who makes the occasional mistake and he gets crucified on this board. Noone is perfect but he is without a doubt the best coach in the NBA over the past number of seasons.

Try supporting a team coached by George Karl, Mike D'Antoni or someone like that.

Pop is a genius and a legend and should get nothing but praise from Spurs fans. :flag:

So to you Pop haters i say :stfu

[/small rant over]

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Good point, Nugs Fan. :clap :tu

BlackSwordsMan
05-04-2008, 11:02 AM
some people here are morons after one loss ''OMFG NO WAY CAN SPURS REPEAT THEY LOOK OLD''.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 11:08 AM
All I think we need to do is make adjustments and we can probably win the next 4 straight. I mean, guys, look at the bright side:

Duncan never got going. We got surprisingly got out-rebounded. West had a career-high in points. We played sloppy in the 2nd half and they were only up on us by 10. They won by 19, but we threw in the towel around the 10-point deficit and they padded their lead.

Basically, we played bad and they played very good (and I commend them), but we weren't really being blown out. That means all we have to do is play solid and we have this in 5 games. Remember, opposing fans don't affect Spurs. I like how they boo Bowen and Bowen just chats with his teammates like nothing is happening. I like that in a player. The fans should never influence you in a bad way.

jag
05-04-2008, 11:14 AM
People on this board act like idiots after a loss...no big deal.

Pop is the best coach in the NBA, but that doesnt mean he won't make mistakes...it happens.

mrsmaalox
05-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Pop is awesome. I'd vote for him for president! :toast

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 01:11 PM
All I think we need to do is make adjustments and we can probably win the next 4 straight.

Basically, we played bad and they played very good (and I commend them), but we weren't really being blown out. That means all we have to do is play solid and we have this in 5 games. Remember, opposing fans don't affect Spurs. I like how they boo Bowen and Bowen just chats with his teammates like nothing is happening. I like that in a player. The fans should never influence you in a bad way.

So, let me get this straight . . . and I think I know your answer . . . all the Spurs have to do is play well and the Hornets can't win another game, right?

:lmao

Dingle Barry
05-04-2008, 03:40 PM
So, let me get this straight . . . and I think I know your answer . . . all the Spurs have to do is play well and the Hornets can't win another game, right?

No. You fucking suck at reading.

manufor3
05-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Classy guy and awesome coach who makes the occasional mistake and he gets crucified on this board. Noone is perfect but he is without a doubt the best coach in the NBA over the past number of seasons.

Try supporting a team coached by George Karl, Mike D'Antoni or someone like that.

Pop is a genius and a legend and should get nothing but praise from Spurs fans. :flag:

[/small rant over]

post of the year (in a good way ;))

SpursFanFirst
05-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm with you, Nuggets fan...but at the same time, this board just wouldn't be Spurstalk if we didn't have so many "Trade Tim/Manu/Tony," "Fire Pop!" and "Bonner Sucks" threads.

Many people here just aren't happy unless they're complaining.

Darcus
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
All I think we need to do is make adjustments and we can probably win the next 4 straight. I mean, guys, look at the bright side:

Duncan never got going. We got surprisingly got out-rebounded. West had a career-high in points. We played sloppy in the 2nd half and they were only up on us by 10. They won by 19, but we threw in the towel around the 10-point deficit and they padded their lead.

I definitely don't think the Spurs will continue to play like they had last night, but if you think you're going to take the next four games straight, you are sorely mistaken. This will be a tough series for both teams.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 04:11 PM
The Fire Pop threads crack me up.

NoMoneyDown
05-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I definitely don't think the Spurs will continue to play like they had last night, but if you think you're going to take the next four games straight, you are sorely mistaken. This will be a tough series for both teams.

Exactly. Maybe the next three games, but I doubt four.

TDfan2007
05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
yeah a lot of people here don't bag on Pop, although he can be ridiculously stubborn at times. With that said though, it seems that everything he does has a point to it. He's such a calm and calculating person (like Tim).

But yeah, basically that AggieHoopsFan guy is the primary Pop-hater around here (and he's got it bad, probably has a dart board with Pop's face on it). Other than that I don't know of anyone else who normally criticizes Pop unless it's a heat-of-the-moment kind of thing.

NIH
05-04-2008, 05:25 PM

Surprisingly out rebounded? The Hornets are one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA. And your comment about West is comical, he's been having games like that throughout the playoffs and regular season. The Spurs limited CP's points but he was getting his teammates easy buckets. You guys need to realize that DWest's game last night wasn't a fluke, he presents a huge matchup problem for the Spurs.

Sasha
05-04-2008, 06:55 PM

[/small rant over]

I couldn't agree more! It's just too bad that only a Nuggets fan had cajones enough to say it. Thanks! :bang

spursfan09
05-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Surprisingly out rebounded? The Hornets are one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA. And your comment about West is comical, he's been having games like that throughout the playoffs and regular season. The Spurs limited CP's points but he was getting his teammates easy buckets. You guys need to realize that DWest's game last night wasn't a fluke, he presents a huge matchup problem for the Spurs.

and you should realize that Tim's 5 pt scoring was a fluke as well. And the Spurs rebounding sucked.

SenorSpur
05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
People on this board act like idiots after a loss...no big deal.

Pop is the best coach in the NBA, but that doesnt mean he won't make mistakes...it happens.

:toast

m33p0
05-04-2008, 07:51 PM
it wouldn't have mattered how well Pop coached, the Spurs would have lost anyway. The team went out for a stroll in Game 1.

rasho8
05-04-2008, 07:53 PM

Stupidity off!!!