PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 worst adjustment possible?

The_Worlds_finest
05-04-2008, 12:48 PM
It might be way to early to do this especially since Tim Duncan had THE worst game of his playoff career, but are any of you worried pop might start robert horry ala 06 maverick series?

GrandeDavid
05-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey, at this point, I'd LOVE a repeat of the 06 Dallas series. That means the Spurs will at least make it to Game 7 and hopefully wouldn't commit dumb fouls in the waning minutes and have a chance to win the series.

Kori Ellis
05-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I hope Pop doesn't over adjust. He obviously has to adjust and figure out what to do about guarding West. But I don't want him to think going small is the answer. The Spurs already got killed on the boards enough.

duncan228
05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I agree with Kori, I hope Pop doesn't over adjust also. He's got to tweak and make adjustments to what he saw but if he over adjusts I'm afraid he'll lose sight of how we win. Stay with our strengths while figuring out how to take away theirs.

BlackSwordsMan
05-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Duncan should be guarding west.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2008, 01:39 PM
What can possibly be adjusted? IIRC we threw different looks at West in a couple of the blowouts to NO earlier this season. He excels in areas we have difficulty handling.

some_user86
05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
How come we didn't try Udoka out there?

vanvannen
05-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I regret to accept that CP and DW are so much tougher to guard than Nash and Amare. Apart from Peja, this NO squad should be much easier to handle than the likes of Shaq, Diaw, Barbosa, Bell.
Why can the Spurs handle Amare and Nash and not West and Paul is beyond me.

Man of Steel
05-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Double-team Chris Paul.

Let West go wild.

Shut down everybody else by attacking Paul.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Udoka on West is a pretty lame idea. At least for any more than like one possession per game to try to throw off the guy's rhythm. West will bully Udoka and get an easy jump shot.

The_Worlds_finest
05-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Doubling up on cp3 will be good cause it will frustrate him... The bottom line to game 1 was Spurs played like garbage except bowen and parker...kori get that vbookie up for game 2 cause Im putting the farm on spurs taking it! :flag:

Fabbs
05-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Everything Peja and West threw up went in. I'm not saying it was not skill but I am saying a game like that by both of them at the same time is very unlikey.

Biggems
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
thats what happens when u play the Hornets in the voodoo palace.....they had their witch doctors out in force last night....and everything that could go NOs way did.....

the mascot fiasco, the shot clock malfunction, Tim Duncan playing like Kwame Brown, NO getting every loose ball, West and Peja making everything they through up, the Spurs shooting in the second half like they had never touched a basketball before.

I am confident the Spurs will rebound in game 2 and tie the series.

some_user86
05-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Everything Peja and West threw up went in. I'm not saying it was not skill but I am saying a game like that by both of them at the same time is very unlikey.

It's very likely to happen again. It's happened before. They're that good.

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Doubling up on cp3 will be good cause it will frustrate him...

Uhh, actually, I hope Pop resorts to doubling Paul, but he's too smart for that. Paul splits double teams very well and, as a result of simple arithmetic, there will be a scorer open and Paul will find him.

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 05:10 PM
What can possibly be adjusted? IIRC we threw different looks at West in a couple of the blowouts to NO earlier this season. He excels in areas we have difficulty handling.

Bruce on Predrag, Tony on Paul. The Spurs did that in the last regular season game they won. I suspect they will come with a double at different times on West.

jag
05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
They need to play Paul like this did Nash, and they need to play West like they have always played Amare. Let west go off, and keep Paul from creating...make him a shooter whenever he has the ball.

1Parker1
05-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Perhaps sending a hard double team to West may help. Or sending a hard double team to CP3 and getting the ball out of his hands. Outside of him, I don't think they have a good ball handler. Pargo showed in the 2nd quarter that if you play good enough defense, you can force him into making bad turnovers.

1Parker1
05-04-2008, 05:28 PM
They need to play Paul like this did Nash, and they need to play West like they have always played Amare. Let west go off, and keep Paul from creating...make him a shooter whenever he has the ball.

This logic is flawed. First off, CP3 is about 10 times quicker than Steve Nash. Also, while Nash can hurt you with his outside shooting, CP3 can hurt you with his quickness and getting into the paint and breaking down the defense.

Secondly, West is a much better midrange shooter than Amare, he's also a much better ball handler and can hit shots without an assist from CP3. Amare was much more dependent on Steve Nash getting him the ball in the right places.

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Perhaps sending a hard double team to West may help. Or sending a hard double team to CP3 and getting the ball out of his hands. Outside of him, I don't think they have a good ball handler. Pargo showed in the 2nd quarter that if you play good enough defense, you can force him into making bad turnovers.

Probably. Spurs need to shut down one of their top 3, which means Bruce on Predrag. Then they'll have to throw different looks at Paul and West. Bruce on Paul frees up Predrag.

jag
05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
This logic is flawed. First off, CP3 is about 10 times quicker than Steve Nash. Also, while Nash can hurt you with his outside shooting, CP3 can hurt you with his quickness and getting into the paint and breaking down the defense.

Secondly, West is a much better midrange shooter than Amare, he's also a much better ball handler and can hit shots without an assist from CP3. Amare was much more dependent on Steve Nash getting him the ball in the right places.

Ya...i see what you mean. Steve Nash didnt win back-to-back MVP's for breaking down defenses and getting into the paint. :rolleyes

Amare and West have very similar range and shot creating abilities. I think you're forgetting how good Amare and Nash really are. CP3 > Nash...i realize this, but he's basically doing what Nash was doing only a couple years ago.

dg7md
05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
We just didn't hit shots, that's it. The crowd messed up with their chances to win. The only thing that needs to be changed is Duncan needs to start making his usual shots and taking more shots period.

The loss looks way bigger than it was because Pop threw in the towel before the game was over, I have a really good feeling about this series, you saw how the Spurs rattled the Hornets and their crowd a few times throughout that game. Now just imagine how it'll be if Duncan actually hits his shots.

Hornets are a good team, but we're better, and I trust the Spurs executing in crucial games more than the Hornets. It's not like the Spurs were going to go 2-0 in the first two games, I'm sure everyone here thought it would be a 1-1 split in New Orleans, so let's see what happens in Game 2.

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 06:45 PM
. . . you saw how the Spurs rattled the Hornets and their crowd a few times throughout that game. . .

Funny. I was sitting right there in the arena and I missed that part.

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Your ass got quiet for a while when the Spurs were dropping the treys.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Bruce on Predrag, Tony on Paul. The Spurs did that in the last regular season game they won. I suspect they will come with a double at different times on West.

Tony went underneath on pick and rolls and was giving Chris Paul half the at&t center's worth of jump shooting space and he mysteriously missed them all. I doubt he misses like that ever again.

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Tony went underneath on pick and rolls and was giving Chris Paul half the at&t center's worth of jump shooting space and he mysteriously missed them all. I doubt he misses like that ever again.

Then let Paul have those. Make it a 2 man game with Paul and West. The Spurs won't win with Predrag scoring 20+.

florige
05-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Then let Paul have those. Make it a 2 man game with Paul and West. The Spurs won't win with Predrag scoring 20+.

Thats the key right there. We cannot have West and Paul AND Peja,AND Bonzi, all going off for double digit games. Thats one of the reasons that Dallas gave us so many problems because other players beside Dirk and Terry were constantly scoring in double digits.

pauls931
05-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I thought you were talking about a halftime show adjustment as in getting rid of the ring of fire and doing a hiroshima reenactment instead.