PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner HD

ATRAIN
05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
I know Time Warner sucks but its what I have right now. Someone told me that there is a setting that you can have your pitcure view automatically adjusted if your on a HD Channel to a regular channel(in stretch view). Anyone know?

remingtonbo2001
05-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I have TW HD. Our TV has this setting, although I'm not sure about the HD box.

Personally, I've never had any qualms with TW. What's the deal? (honest question)

Evan
05-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I had TW for a long time. I wouldn't say it sucks, just expensive for what you get.

Anytime I had a problem with them they were awesome taking care of it.

But for your question...I don't think so.

Beno Udrih
05-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah its a pretty cool little feature. It adjusts to the best possible resolution for viewing.

It should be in your cable box manual.

Holmes_Fans
05-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I know Time Warner sucks but its what I have right now. Someone told me that there is a setting that you can have your pitcure view automatically adjusted if your on a HD Channel to a regular channel(in stretch view). Anyone know?

It will likely be an optio on the DVR.

On the DVR itself, hit power then menu/options right after on the box. There should be an option somewhere in there, on mine it says pillbox. I don't have TW but most DVRs are probably the same.

Evan
05-04-2008, 02:08 PM
By the way...call TW ...complain about the price and say you're thinking about leaving. If you do that they will throw a nice discount at you.

BonnerDynasty
05-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Does it take ya'lls TV like 5+ seconds (of black screen) to switch from HD channel to reg. channel sometimes?

Evan
05-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Does it take ya'lls TV like 5+ seconds (of black screen) to switch from HD channel to reg. channel sometimes?

Never.

Avitus1
05-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I dont know how to do it automatically but I know the # button lets you do it manually. At least here it does Killeen's TW is a far cry from most places cable.

ATRAIN
05-04-2008, 04:59 PM
YEAH there is a HD setup on the box when it is powered off, Thanks for the info. There was instructions on the Explorer manual.

leemajors
05-04-2008, 08:01 PM
on the universal remote they have, the # (aspect) key does it. It's not that great, just stretches the picture.

degenerate_gambler
05-05-2008, 09:04 AM
on the universal remote they have, the # (aspect) key does it. It's not that great, just stretches the picture.

i dont like doing that because everyone on my big screen becomes shorter and fatter..

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 09:05 AM
i dont like doing that because everyone on my big screen becomes shorter and fatter..

Do you watch the regular channels with the small box?

degenerate_gambler
05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Do you watch the regular channels with the small box?

if i'm watching a non HD channel, i just watch it with the 3-4 inches black on both sides of the screen...which is cool w/me...i just get annoyed by the stretch feature.

leemajors
05-05-2008, 10:48 AM

yeah that's why i don't use it.

Spurminator
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
if i'm watching a non HD channel, i just watch it with the 3-4 inches black on both sides of the screen...which is cool w/me...i just get annoyed by the stretch feature.

:tu

Everyone I know stretches non-HD chanels on their screen. Glad to see I'm not the only Aspect Ratio Nazi.

Burn531
05-05-2008, 01:10 PM

Are you using a Sound System receiver with your cable box? When I had cable it took 9-10 seconds to switch from HD to SD. My Cable Co. said it was my receiver and not the there box. I've since switched to DirecTV and the problem is no longer there.

CuckingFunt
05-05-2008, 02:05 PM
:tu

Everyone I know stretches non-HD chanels on their screen. Glad to see I'm not the only Aspect Ratio Nazi.

Dish Network has a "Partial Zoom" setting, which cuts off a bit of the sides, but preserves the aspect ratio. That's the setting my aunt uses. It still annoys the fuck out of me because it looks slightly pixelated, but at least it's not stretched.

Ballcox
05-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I have TW service and it's been great, also comparable in price with what I would get from DTV or Dish network.

On the setting question for the tv, don't know if you have this setup-but on mine I have a HDMI cable for the TW. It automatically sets the best screen size/ratio for whatever program you're watching, don't even have to think about it anymore.

Of course, if the program is broadcast in HD you've got full screen picture. If not it will set to best screen size. Kind of nice, always had to do it manually with the old set.