PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Blog: Celtics-Cavs

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Discuss.

LJ and the Cavs against Garnett's "intensity." So how long until each of Boston's Big 3 end up on a poster as one of LeBron dunking victims?

At home games, all Hawks had to do was penetrate to defeat the Celtics. So I predict at the Cavs home, LeBron will probably have about 50+ FTA, as he is gonna drive all friggin day.

At Celtics home it should be interesting. I think those games may be close as Cavs don't get as flustered as the Hawks do on the road.

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 02:37 PM
The Celtics may have found it easy to double Joe Johnson, but double Lebron and Gibson and Wally will kill you. Plus Cleveland has a inside game

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Cavs in six they will split one of the first two at Boston.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I would talk about the Pistons failing to contain LeBron but I feel the Pistons beat themselves last year. They had some emotional breakdown and LeBron wasn't waiting around for them to get their act together.

"What Garnett? You want my nuts in your face while I dunk? Thanks"

"No problem, LeBron *muffled sound*"

Armando
05-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Boston in 6 games

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Boston in 6 games

LOL They couldn't take out The Hawks in 6 games.

Armando
05-04-2008, 02:46 PM
LOL They couldn't take out The Hawks in 6 games.

I think they underestimated the Hawks. I am sure thier attention will be up for Cleveland. If they play like they are suppose to it won't go past 6.

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I think they underestimated the Hawks. I am sure thier attention will be up for Cleveland. If they play like they are suppose to it won't go past 6.

If the Cavs from Friday play the C's of today what happens?

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 02:48 PM

Underestimated them all the way until game 7? Well that shows the Celtics are stupid. Championship teams don't underestimate their opponents until the last game of the series.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 02:50 PM

I would buy that in game 3 or 4 but by game 6 they can't use that one.

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 02:52 PM
if the Cavs knock down open 3s like they did Friday they could still beat the Celtics that played today, and the team that played today was the best Boston has

Matchman
05-04-2008, 02:52 PM
we need some stupid bigmouths to say the word "overrated" to get Lebron hyped up for the series.

Armando
05-04-2008, 02:53 PM
we need some stupid bigmouths to say the word "overrated" to get Lebron hyped up for the series.

:lol I doubt anybody on the Celtics is pulling a Stevenson.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I wonder if Garnett if gonna pull a Haywood on LeBron, and then back up like a bitch when LeBron comes at him.

"Oh no! LeBron's coming! I know, I'll show how tough I am by beating the crap out of this ref. That'll show em!"

Armando
05-04-2008, 03:01 PM
The Celtics need to crash the boards. Cleveland is a good rebounding team. If you limit them to one and done they are going to struggle. Plus beware the floppers Verajao and Joe Smith. Those 2 two like to draw charges.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
The Celtics need to crash the boards. Cleveland is a good rebounding team. If you limit them to one and done they are going to struggle. Plus beware the floppers Verajao and Joe Smith. Those 2 two like to draw charges.

They may flop and act dramatic but it doesn't take away from the fact that they are being charged. If you elbow me and I do a swan dive into the crowd, yea I flopped, but you still fouled me.

The flopped kinda helps the refs see the foul. Sometimes the ref don't notice it.

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 03:06 PM

Paul Pierce and James Posey are just as big of floppers as the guys you mentioned

E20
05-04-2008, 03:11 PM
LBJ will not be denied, Cavs in 6. They will steal one @ Boston.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Lebron is going to expose KG

didn't KG try to start shit with Lebron this season?

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-04-2008, 03:30 PM
LBJ will not be denied, Cavs in 6. They will steal one @ Boston.

:tu

Lakers_55
05-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Cavs in 6 or less. Gang Green has been exposed. Seriously, LeBron will go off on them. Boston is not winning it all this year.

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 03:50 PM

Lebron and PP don't like eachother. Peirce spit on the Cavs' bench in a preseason game a couple years ago

remingtonbo2001
05-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Meh- Let me know if goes 7 games.

lefty
05-04-2008, 04:28 PM
I guess a lot of people have changed their minds.

Espcially those who make fun of me in this thread :flipoff

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92511

SAGambler
05-04-2008, 04:59 PM

That's what I'm thinking. The King is gonna take it to his weak ass.

ElNono
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm John Hollinger and I'm now switching my pick to the Cavs. The reason? More data. If after 3 or so games my new data points to the Celtics, I reserve to jump the fence again.

JoeTait75
05-04-2008, 05:43 PM
If the Cavaliers can split the first two in Boston they can take this series. But they've got to do it in six or less. I don't like their chances in a Game 7 in Boston. It all depends on which and how many of Cleveland's shooters show up. If Boobie and Wally are knocking them down, the Cavaliers are going to be a load. The looks will be there- maybe not like they were against Washington, but they'll be there.

Either way Boston is exposed, and someone- Cleveland, Detroit, or whoever comes out of the West- will beat them. It's only a matter of time.

ElNono
05-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Cavs in 5... 6 tops

Armando
05-04-2008, 06:34 PM
All things being equal the Celtics should win this series. They may have underestimated the Hawks but I bet they don't make the same mistake with the Cavs. The King is not enough to beat the PGA tour. Celtics in 6.

Armando
05-04-2008, 06:37 PM
If the Cavaliers can split the first two in Boston they can take this series. But they've got to do it in six or less. I don't like their chances in a Game 7 in Boston. It all depends on which and how many of Cleveland's shooters show up. If Boobie and Wally are knocking them down, the Cavaliers are going to be a load. The looks will be there- maybe not like they were against Washington, but they'll be there.

Either way Boston is exposed, and someone- Cleveland, Detroit, or whoever comes out of the West- will beat them. It's only a matter of time.

So by your logic Orlando should beat the Pistons. Were the Pistons not exposed by Philly? Every series is different. For all you know the Cavs will be rusty for Game 1 and be blown out. Don't kidd yourself while the Cavs will be a tough out mainly because of the LeBrons the Celtics will still be heavily favored to win the series.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
So by your logic Orlando should beat the Pistons. Were the Pistons not exposed by Philly? Every series is different. For all you know the Cavs will be rusty for Game 1 and be blown out. Don't kidd yourself while the Cavs will be a tough out mainly because of the LeBrons the Celtics will still be heavily favored to win the series.

Pistons won two on the road and three straight to beat philly in six how is that the same?:bang

JoeTait75
05-04-2008, 07:12 PM

Sure they will. They deserve to be. But they didn't handle business in even close to as authoritative manner as Detroit did.

I'm confident that when LeBron is getting touches in different spots on the floor, when the shooters are hitting, and when the defensive principles are strong- and they are- the Cavaliers can beat just about anyone. And that includes Boston. If they don't they don't. AFAIC they're playing with house money anyway.

jack sommerset
05-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Celtics got a huge wake up call. They will coast to the finals and win the championship.

MajicMan
05-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Go Cavs!

Capt Bringdown
05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I hear KG's working with a drama coach, practicing new ways to look intense.

It's gonna be hard for any team to beat the Celtics at home. But it's gonna happen, and when it does the Celtics will crumble.

Garnett, Pierce, Allen - they're not known for overcoming adversity. The Hawks series was case in point.

If the Cavs can manage to steal the first game, that'd be brilliant.

Deuces88
05-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I hear KG's working with a drama coach, practicing new ways to look intense.

It's gonna be hard for any team to beat the Celtics at home. But it's gonna happen, and when it does the Celtics will crumble.

Garnett, Pierce, Allen - they're not known for overcoming adversity. The Hawks series was case in point.

If the Cavs can manage to steal the first game, that'd be brilliant.

Gibson is going to have a career high 11 3's in game 1, LeBron is gonna drop 40 because no one on the Celtics can guard him.

Penetration is the reason Hawks won the 3 games. Sadly, Hawks are morons and decide to be jump shooters game 7. LJ's game is centered around getting inside. He's going to have a field day. Game high, 60 FTA for James.

kingsfan
05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Ugh! I can't stand either one
Anything
But
Celts/Cavs
If I have to pick 1 though I guess it would be Celts-they at least have a couple of ex-Kings and i want to see lehype lose.
Go Pistons :toast

Thunder Dan
05-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I just looked at the recap of the last time Boston and Cleveland played in Feburary. It was a couple days after the big trade, and was the only meeting the Cavs had with Boston w/ the new guys. The Cavs were on road to road back-to-back Milwaukee to Boston, and lost 87-93. Daniel Gibson did not play.

So I say they have more than a chance to take this series

Capt Bringdown
05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Penetration is the reason Hawks won the 3 games. Sadly, Hawks are morons and decide to be jump shooters game 7.

Bingo!

The Hawks exposed this Celtics weakness -sadly, they resorted to a jump shooting offense in game 7, as you astutely pointed out.

Attack, attack, attack the rim and run. That's how you beat the Celtics.

KidCongo
05-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Should be exciting

Bob Lanier
05-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Celtics in 5.

Tradition
05-05-2008, 02:17 AM
No one in weak piece of shit east is even winning it all. They will be the victims of either the Spurs or Lakers.

icem
05-05-2008, 05:30 AM
No one in weak piece of shit east is even winning it all. They will be the victims of either the Spurs or Lakers.

i still don't see why people think the top teams in the west are so much better than those in the east..

i actually agree with mark jackson there are no great teams in the west this year, which is why there was no real separation between them. spurs and lakers are both very beatable. the Cs are the lakers worst matchup out of all the teams in the league, and im not 100% sure the spurs are even going to make it passed the hornets...

do not be surprised if the champion is from the east this year.

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 09:05 AM

same was said about the NFC in football the last couple years