PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers Is Acting Classless

csaenz
05-04-2008, 02:38 PM
In the middle of 3rd quarter, Celtics by nearly thirty, what does Rivers tell his team? "Don't let up." Don't let up? With his starters still in, even. Yeah, great statement. Don't let up against the worst team in the playoffs.

Seems to me now that the rest of the NBA isn't scared of the Celtics anymore, Doc is trying to make people pay attention to how badly they destroyed Atlanta in Game 7. But it's too late. It shouldn't have gone past five, so nobody's paying attention now.

Fabbs
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Naw i disagree. As badly as the Celtics have played /Atlanta did play great I say he's just encouraging them to keep a pedal to the metal attitude when on the court. I don't think he was dissing ATL or trying to make some statement.

You're right, ATL took them to 7. Its too late for any statement.

FlavoredIcecream
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Hawks got what they fucking deserved.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Hawks got what they fucking deserved.

What is the meaning of this you fucking pussy?

v2freak
05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Was most of America rooting for the underdog Hawks?

SpurOutofTownFan
05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I was rooting for those Gatorade ads to be gone.

CP3-MVP
05-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I believe most people were rooting for the Hawks.

I like how the Celtics fans are singing "nah nah nah nah"

just the fact that this series went to 7 games is a joke and should be embarrasing

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Am I the only person who's tired of hearing about "classy" arguments from all people?

You're not classy. We're classy. STFU.

As far as Doc goes, the Hawks had already come back from double-digit deficits before and it's Game 7; if you make a mistake, your season is done. I stopped watching when Pierce was pulled in the early 4th, so unless he brought them back in, I think Doc is OK for this one.

CP3-MVP
05-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Am I the only person who's tired of hearing about "classy" arguments from all people?

As far as Doc goes, the Hawks had already come back from double-digit deficits before and it's Game 7; if you make a mistake, your season is done. I stopped watching when Pierce was pulled in the early 4th, so unless he brought them back in, I think Doc is OK for this one.

agreed. screw classy :flipoff:

DudleyDawson
05-04-2008, 03:17 PM

As far as Doc goes, the Hawks had already come back from double-digit deficits before and it's Game 7; if you make a mistake, your season is done. I stopped watching when Pierce was pulled in the early 4th, so unless he brought them back in, I think Doc is OK for this one.thank you. Whining ass bitches

jackseven
05-04-2008, 03:19 PM
In the middle of 3rd quarter, Celtics by nearly thirty, what does Rivers tell his team? "Don't let up." Don't let up? With his starters still in, even. Yeah, great statement. Don't let up against the worst team in the playoffs.

Seems to me now that the rest of the NBA isn't scared of the Celtics anymore, Doc is trying to make people pay attention to how badly they destroyed Atlanta in Game 7. But it's too late. It shouldn't have gone past five, so nobody's paying attention now.

Maybe if there was 1 minute left and they were up by 30 then I can see your point, but if I'm Doc Rivers I want a 50 point lead going into the fourth. Joe Johnson gets on fire or the Hawks go on a 10-0 run or whatever and things could get tight and then what if they continue the momentum?

This was a game 7 and if the Hawks win its the greatest upset of all time and the number 1 seed and one of the favorites to win it all is out. Not that I wouldn't say the same thing if it was the other way around.

This is the same league where Tracy McGrady scored 13 points or whatever it was in just over a minute to beat the Spurs and where Reggie Miller scored 6 points in 6 seconds to beat the Knicks so I don't see how this is classless.

I think this is more a case of wanting to make sure you win and not letting up until you do.

csaenz
05-04-2008, 03:19 PM
I never said Doc should be "classy." You can be classless and show some class. And if you stopped watching in the early 4th, then you of course know the difference between a double-digit deficit (10 points) and a double-digit deficit (30 points). Rivers is just upset he didn't get COY, and his team is embarrassing him. Garnett even tried to make a statement with that stiff-arm near the end. Give me a break. The only team still playing in round one is supposed to be championship caliber?

And don't get me started on those damn Gatorade commercials. Since when has KG been clutch?

csaenz
05-04-2008, 03:22 PM
By that point, Williamson, a leading scorer for the Hawks had already been ejected. Any resurgence at that point was totally unlikely. And oh yeah, that TMac game mattered a whole lot, right?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I think I will get you started on those Gatorade commercials, because I'm sick and fucking tired of whiny-ass fans bitching about commercials.

xPrSeRey3SI

You wanna go step-by-step in the commercial analysis here? While I don't think this is what Gatorade was going for, I can make the argument.

1. KG introduced in the starting lineup with the other C's players wearing the championship warm-up jacket. Tons of banners.

2. "The Playoffs."

3. Chingos of banners.

4. KG (presumably) staring at those banners.

5. Two choices: Be history or make history. (IE: It's time for KG to put up or shut up. He's never had close to these quality of players surrounding him -- we'll see where he stands once it's over.)

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2008, 03:31 PM
By that point, Williamson, a leading scorer for the Hawks had already been ejected. Any resurgence at that point was totally unlikely. And oh yeah, that TMac game mattered a whole lot, right?

It's Marvin Williams, BTW. And even if, Doc runs the risk of having his players injured by keeping them in, but what do you expect him to tell his team? "Let's run the shot clock down each time."

Yes, I'm being facetious, but it's not without reason that the Hawks couldn't have gained some momentum in the third and closed the gap in the 4th. The C's came back from 21 down in a playoff game to win some years back, so who's to say it couldn't happen to them.

Again, it's not like the big three were in the game with 35 seconds left and up 45.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Actually you can see the entrance at the beginning on those huge court TVs hanging from the roof KG starts yelling out loud like he was being raped and it just made me laugh.. what stupid horseshit man. Who is coming up with those visuals? He goes like this: WHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA AHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAH and moves his head left and right.

Then you have Pierce almost doing the same.

Then the camera shows you an ass from one of the ladies at the dance team...

Oh wait, I have to go.. I can see they are posting the commercial up there in national TV again.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Another thing.

This wasn't Game 4 with the Celtics up 3-0. This was a game where one of the worst teams (record-wise) to ever make the playoffs took one of the greatest regular season teams assembled this decade to a Game 7 on its home floor.

You. Close. The. Game.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-04-2008, 03:39 PM
5. Two choices: Be history or make history. (IE: It's time for KG to put up or shut up. He's never had close to these quality of players surrounding him -- we'll see where he stands once it's over.)

Actually he did. He advanced to the finals once with people like Cassell, Sprewell, Szczerbiak, Olowokandi, Hassell and Madsen among others. So he's been there before, he's just a massive choke-job.

hive_attack
05-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Whiny bitches in this thread. Doc Rivers just was trying to get a 40 point win. Nothing wrong with that.

jackseven
05-04-2008, 03:41 PM

Exactly.

FlavoredIcecream
05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
What is the meaning of this you fucking pussy?

Dont you EVER Fucking yell at me.
Hawks got owned like the pathetic ass team they are.

dg7md
05-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Doc saying that actually was him showing more respect for the capabilities of the Hawks players to cut deficits. Not classless at all, he just didn't want his team to lose; in the playoffs that type of "not letting up" is essential to win it all.

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 05:39 PM

My, Boudin is sensitive.

ShoogarBear
05-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Reeeel classy, Joe.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Reeeel classy, Joe.

Quiet, you.

Shelly
05-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Reeeel classy, Joe.

Ahem--

It's reel classey.

Learn to speel. sheesh.

E20
05-04-2008, 06:07 PM
I think I will get you started on those Gatorade commercials, because I'm sick and fucking tired of whiny-ass fans bitching about commercials.

xPrSeRey3SI

You wanna go step-by-step in the commercial analysis here? While I don't think this is what Gatorade was going for, I can make the argument.

1. KG introduced in the starting lineup with the other C's players wearing the championship warm-up jacket. Tons of banners.

2. "The Playoffs."

3. Chingos of banners.

4. KG (presumably) staring at those banners.

You forgot every game needs a Hero. KG is not that hero.

E20
05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Also, KG is not part of the league of clutch.

PejaOnAStick
05-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Is this Biddy Basketball? These guys are getting paid millions of dollars, I'm sure they'll survive a shot to their egos after a thorough ass kicking. Never let up in professional sports.

El_Mago
05-04-2008, 06:35 PM
KG is anti-clutch, along with Dirk.

It was obvious the Celtics were going to win game 7 around mid 3rd quarter. If I was Doc, I would of pulled the starters knowing I would have to face the Cavaliers who are fresh two days later.

I am not impressed with the Celtics.

KG will fold. Ray Allen is soft. And Paul Pierce will clank away those jumpers in the crunch.

Sure they beat up on teams during the season. But, it is obvious they have troubles winning on the road and eliminating teams that they should easily have beaten in 5 games max.

dingoANDtheBABY
05-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Also, KG is not part of the league of clutch.

unfortunetly KG is a just a pre-duncan David Robinson.

E20
05-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Dirk is clutch. He's made some game winners and big plays down the stretch, the Mavs FO, have been the ones who can't deliver.

urunobili
05-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Dirk is clutch. He's made some game winners and big plays down the stretch, the Mavs FO, have been the ones who can't deliver.

:tu

jack sommerset
05-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Its game 7. Don't let up. Especially in 3rd quater. Give me a break.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-05-2008, 12:57 AM

You said Atlanta had what they deserved. So now you say they are pathetic as well? Who the fuck do you think you are fucktard? I will yell at you all I want any time I want wherever I want

I'm gonna eat your soul you brainless insect. In this life or the next.