PDA

View Full Version : Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-rry!

Ghost Writer
01-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Yes!

MannyIsGod
01-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Yes!

SequSpur
01-22-2005, 01:12 AM
Fucking MArion.

Goddess Spur
01-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Barry = clutch :smokin

Edit: Why does this always seem to happen to us? :(

dcole50
01-22-2005, 01:13 AM
woooohhoooo

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Nothin like Shawn Marion to fuck up a great game.

whottt
01-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Seriously, I don't think Barry has missed a game tying shot or a shot to take the lead this season...

T Park
01-22-2005, 01:17 AM
What the hell Barry!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMNT COULDVE BEEN UP 5 NOW THEY CNA CUT TO 1!!!!!

ARGGGGGG

Ginobili's taller twin UNREAL!!

Ghost Writer
01-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Simpletons here think that Barry is not clutch.

Barry has the b@lls our team has severely lacked in the past.

Gotta win this one.

texbumTHElife
01-22-2005, 01:18 AM
He couldnt jsut leave well enough alone. He had to screw things up with the behind the back BS. Pop is gonna mount him for that!

PM5K
01-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Brent Barry went to donate blood today....

.......but all they found was ice in his veins

And we could seriously do without the behind the back pass....

Ghost Writer
01-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Don't worry about the behind-the-back pass.

That came off a Suns' turnover anyway.

How about those three 3s.

timvp owes an Apology.

adidas11
01-22-2005, 01:42 PM
timvp owes an Apology.

:rollin

ducks
01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
barry has not proved he can hit a three in playoffs yet

he showed last night he can hit big shots late though
very impressive outing

better then stephen jackson last night

slayermin
01-22-2005, 08:50 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/barry_1.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/barry_2.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/barry_3.gif

ALVAREZ6
01-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Barry always seems to step up during crunch time.

Brodels
01-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Simpletons here think that Barry is not clutch.

Barry has the b@lls our team has severely lacked in the past.

Gotta win this one.

'Simpletons' think that because Barry has come up empty in the biggest moments of his career.

He may be clutch now, but he's been awful in the playoffs.

Nikos
01-22-2005, 09:53 PM
I don't really understand the whole Barry is a choker argument.

He had one poor playoff series against the Spurs, the best defensive team in the league that season. Its not like shooters on the Spurs stepped up themselves WITH Tim Duncan, why is Barry scolded for not dominating/doing well against Bowen and the Spurs in one playoff series?

To me its too small of a sample to make too much out of it. Barry has a chance to make things happen off the bench, and hit open shots. This time he is with Duncan, and a capable and willing passing backcourt -- we will see what it does.

But one playoff series hardly makes a player.

Das Texan
01-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Barry has nuts.

He plays hard and he plays agressive and he plays smart.

It took him a while to get indoctrinted into spurs basketball. He will only get better and truly show how good he is.

Brodels
01-22-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't really understand the whole Barry is a choker argument.

He had one poor playoff series against the Spurs, the best defensive team in the league that season. Its not like shooters on the Spurs stepped up themselves WITH Tim Duncan, why is Barry scolded for not dominating/doing well against Bowen and the Spurs in one playoff series?

To me its too small of a sample to make too much out of it. Barry has a chance to make things happen off the bench, and hit open shots. This time he is with Duncan, and a capable and willing passing backcourt -- we will see what it does.

But one playoff series hardly makes a player.

We're not talking about one series, we're talking about 13 playoff games. His game has significantly declined in every area except for three point shooting. He was just as poor in the playoff series he played before that.

I'm not saying that Barry is going to suck it up in the playoffs. I think there is a good chance he'll do a good job. He won't have as much pressure on him. With Seattle, he was counted on to perform and he didn't. The Sonics needed him to play well to win. He won't have to do that with the Spurs.

Considering what his role is on the Spurs, I think there is a good chance he'll be O.K.

But you have to at least consider his playoff failures. We're not just talking about one short series.

timvp
01-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Don't worry about the behind-the-back pass.

That came off a Suns' turnover anyway.

How about those three 3s.

timvp owes an Apology.

:wtf

What are you talking about? If you have come around lately, you'd see that I've been saying that Barry should shoot more, especially in fourth quarters.

It's not my fault you got married and have gone soft on us. Hopefully the next time wife lets you use the internet, you'll check out this thread and you can help me understand what you are talking about, Ghost Christie.

whottt
01-22-2005, 10:37 PM
But you have to at least consider his playoff failures. We're not just talking about one short series.

His playoff failures came against the Jazz(2 series) and us...all 3 series he played for the lower seeded team. One of those series against the Jazz went the full 5 games and so did the one against us...

Now I don't know about you, but I don't consider the Jazz to be playoff pussies(at least not before the championship game)...mainly because of the fact that we have more NBA championship rings than we do playoff series victories over the Jazz...

About those series with the Jazz..

The first one he played for the freaking Clippers...just the fact that he was in the post season was an achievement.

The second series went to the max 5 games, we've never been able to take the Jazz to the max in a series. Not even with Duncan and Robinson together.

Duncan got his ass kicked by the Jazz...so did the Lakers...and I don't mean the scrub Lakers of the mid 90's...I mean the entire core of the 3 time Champion Lakers, plus Eddie Jones and Elden Campbell, thrown in for good measure...and they got swept. Those Jazz teams also gave MJ a good run for his money before Malone choked.

That last series was against us...it went the max 5 games and we got our asses kicked in the games Duncan missed...and the next year we were the NBA champs.

Once you delve deep into Barry's playoff history you see it's not as black and white as you think...

I'm not saying he'll be clutch in the post season...but I think it's a mistake to label him a failure based on those post season performances...and his 3 shooting has improved in the post season most of the time...and that's the skill of his that we will most need in the post season.

All 3 of his playoff series would have been huge upsets had his team won...the fact that his team took two of those series to the max doesn't exactly scream failure to me.

Solid D
01-22-2005, 11:13 PM
:wtf

What are you talking about? If you have come around lately, you'd see that I've been saying that Barry should shoot more, especially in fourth quarters.

It's not my fault you got married and have gone soft on us. Hopefully the next time wife lets you use the internet, you'll check out this thread and you can help me understand what you are talking about, Ghost Christie.

I don't think you are being fair to Ghost's wife, timveep. Maybe Ghost had a job change because, after all, most of Ghost's posting normally came during 9 - 5 business hours, M-F. :smokin

mattyc
01-23-2005, 01:13 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/barry_1.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/barry_2.gif

http://home.comcast.net/~slayermin/barry_3.gif

Money. :elephant

emmo
01-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Ghost Christie

[/pimpslap]

Que Gee
01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
'Simpletons' think that because Barry has come up empty in the biggest moments of his career.

He may be clutch now, but he's been awful in the playoffs.

He's awful in the playoffs? He's got like 5 career playoff games...in 10 years...thats hardly enough games to label someone

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:15 PM
I appreciate the smack talk, timvp.

You are a good disser when you take off your white hat for a second.

But seriously, the last thing I remember is you chiding Barry.

Now you're a fan?

P.S.

I still think Rasho sucks, Bowen blows and Parker is just an average starting PG.

T Park
01-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Parker is just an average starting PG.

yeah 15 and 7 is verrrry average.

Bowen stinks???

boy him winning player of the week must have went over your head.

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:32 PM
T Park, you love all the Spurs until they leave, so forgive me if I don't put a lot of stock into your player assessments.

I still don't trust Bowen to make open Js all the time in big spots and Parker hasn't proven that he can lead the team game-to-game in the playoffs.

Rasho is just a dumb signing. We're criticized for being soft, so we lock up one of the wimpiest centers in the league.

Brilliant.

whottt
01-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Rasho is just a dumb signing. We're criticized for being soft, so we lock up one of the wimpiest centers in the league.

Brilliant.

Your alternative of Olowokandi was worse. It wasn't like we had a lot to choose from and Rasho came at a discounted rate.

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Wrong, whott.

When people like SpursFan were telling everyone that a big shot like Jason Kidd or Jermaine O'neal would b coming to the Spurs, I insisted that we'd wnd up with someone like Michael Olowokandi.

Not too far off.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Bowen is not someone you can evaluate from reading the boxscores. He may have off shooting nights, but I would take his defensive talents inspite of his offensive shortcomings over probably 90% of the SF's in the league.

Brodels
01-24-2005, 09:20 PM
He's awful in the playoffs? He's got like 5 career playoff games...in 10 years...thats hardly enough games to label someone

He's got, like, over twice as many playoff games. Check your facts.

Ghost Writer
01-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Tony Parker and Bruce Bowen have each had more awful playoff games than Barry.

But they are everybody's favorites.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
before the phoenix game he was a fucking choker this season

GoSpurs21
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Tony Parker and Bruce Bowen have each had more awful playoff games than Barry.

But they are everybody's favorites.Maybe because Tony and Bowen have 3 to 4 times the amount of playoff experience. By the same token, Tony and Bowen have had 3 to 4 times the amount of great playoff games more than Barry.

Until Barry starts shooting and making more shots, he is not clutch. One game where he does good does and suddenly he's god?