PDA

View Full Version : Start Udoka?

Leetonidas
05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I was just thinking...why not sub Udoka for Finley in the starting the lineup so that Bruce and Ime can guard both Peja and Chris Paul with Tony on Mo Pete and Duncan and Thomas take care of Chandler and West?

Makes sense to me.

BonnerDynasty
05-04-2008, 05:00 PM
yes

It's pretty much 5 on 4 when the Hornets have the ball.

smahmood26
05-04-2008, 05:01 PM
totally agree

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I have a feeling we'll see a change, though likely it will be Bruce on Predrag and Tony on Paul.

jag
05-04-2008, 05:06 PM
In order to get Finley off you kind of have to start him. Pop realized this about halfway through the season...Udoka can produce coming off the bench, Finley, not so much.

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 05:07 PM
In order to get Finley off you kind of have to start him. Pop realized this about halfway through the season...Udoka can produce coming off the bench, Finley, not so much.

Yeah, Finley will still start.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-04-2008, 05:10 PM

:tu

urunobili
05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
it would be cool to see Ime play some more against this team... it may be the adjustment we need to pull out a win in NO!

Avitus1
05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Udoka getting on the court might be nice...

BonnerDynasty
05-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Finley needs to learn how to play cold or play defense.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Put the spliff down, Lee, we need Finley's shooting to start games like this, and Udoka's capability of defending Peja are pretty weak IMO, because Peja is riding a wave of confidence and he's much taller than Ime.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Finley needs to learn how to play cold or play defense.
I like Finley for his offense,
I think it's pretty annoying that our SG spot is vulnerable because the guy needs to warm up.

That said, Udoka might be a deer in the headlights if he's asked to start.
But hopefully he'll step up to the plate if this scenario is considered.

remingtonbo2001
05-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I definitely think Udoka needs to see more time on the court, not sure if he'll start though.

loveforthegame
05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't think Udoka is a consistent enough scorer to be a starter. He needs more minutes than what he got in game 1 that's for sure.

Finley's defense was better against Peja and Wells than what it was against Diaw.

The change Pop needs to make is put Parker on Paul and Bowen on Peja.

rAm
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
If Finley is going to start he needs to take his jumpers with confidence, and stop being such a punk bitch.

It is the Hornets for christ sakes, have some poise.

The Truth #6
05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Pop might put Ime on West at some point to throw different looks at him but I don't think he'll start him. No way. If Finley doesn't score we probably don't have a great chance. He needs to contribute. And if he isn't shooting, then I think we'll see more Barry.

That said I would love to see Ime try his best to get under West's skin. He'd get schooled but he wouldn't get emasculated like Dirk did.

samikeyp
05-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't know about starting him but putting him on West for a bit couldn't hurt. Nothing else seemed to work.

loveforthegame
05-05-2008, 01:47 PM
If Finley is going to start he needs to take his jumpers with confidence, and stop being such a punk bitch.

It is the Hornets for christ sakes, have some poise.

He was 5-11 from the field. I think the Spurs will live with that percentage. He's not going to get much more shot attempts than that anyway. Especially if they keep leaving Bowen open as they did in game 1.

spyder
05-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Odoka sucked cow balls...please don't ask to start him dumbass

Kori Ellis
05-06-2008, 03:14 AM
I vote for bench Udoka completely instead of starting him.

Either start Barry or Manu in Finley's spot and let that person guard MoPete (who is too tall for Tony to guard).

Let Tony guard CP3 (who they aren't going to slow down anyway).

Let Bowen guard Peja (who can be slowed down).

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I don't trust Udoka as a playoff performer.

He gave off that kind of vibe during the regular season. I trust guys like Horry, Barry and Finley to do the job, but not Udoka...he just doesn't look right on the court, as evident in that momentum killing turnover in the 4th.

You can say "oh but he's a freshman, he needs more time to get in a rhythm to hit the big shots" but Boobie Gibson stepped up to the plate last year in the ECF, so I'm not gonna buy it. You either ready to play now, or you're not. Even Vaughn did well his first year with us, and has hit some timely jumpers when we needed them. And Vaughn sucks. I'd trust Vaughn to hit a wide open J over Udoka.

DespЏrado
05-06-2008, 03:46 AM
I vote for bench Udoka completely instead of starting him.

Either start Barry or Manu in Finley's spot and let that person guard MoPete (who is too tall for Tony to guard).

Let Tony guard CP3 (who they aren't going to slow down anyway).

Let Bowen guard Peja (who can be slowed down).

This! Our best lineup without a doubt in this series includes Barry in it...

To start the game:
Duncan
Thomas
Bowen
Barry
Parker

To Finish the game:
Duncan
Thomas
Barry
Manu
Parker

And Finley was supposed to be more consistent given an absolutely consistent role. This has proven not to be true. So why do we still start him when Barry is much better cure for a stagnant offense, can D up just as well as Fin, and provides more consistent three pointers.

DespЏrado
05-06-2008, 03:49 AM
And Manu's second team needs Barry on it as a second ball handler- scorer. Manu can not be the only guy on that second team who can score and distribute.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-06-2008, 03:59 AM
And Manu's second team needs Barry on it as a second ball handler- scorer. Manu can not be the only guy on that second team who can score and distribute.

Manu with Fin, Horry, KT, Fab?

This is why acquiring Stoudamire was fruitless..

mikekim
05-06-2008, 04:52 AM
If anything, Udoka personified just how rattled the Spurs were as a team.

The guy is hesitant, confused, and nervous out there. Sure, he does do some good things here and there, but he never looks quite comfortable...even when he does something right. He just goes right back to being tight and nervous.

Dr. Emmett Brown
05-06-2008, 04:56 AM
1.21 JiGGOWATTS!!!!!