PDA

View Full Version : Wright versus Hagee

Nbadan
05-04-2008, 07:35 PM
We've all seen the M$M taking Rev. Wrights sermons out of context many times over on these internets....now let's see one of John McCain supporter/financieer John Hagee's sermon in context...

8mQvvGJYQaM

SPARKY
05-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Nah, Wright said what he said. I guess it's too much to expect that a politician would attend a church with a run of the mill minister. We have the Democrat attending a black church presided over by a minister prone to railing against America's historical sins and then we have a Republican accepting the support of a mega-church evangelist in support of Israel no matter what and whose wealth is tied to exploiting the flock.

boutons_
05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
"Faustian" is how McFlopPander selling out his Straight Talk Express for a Bullshit Express, for pandering the religious right that controls the Repugs, is described.

More in the same vein about McFlopPander grovelling to the white Wrights:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shaun-jacob-halper/mccains-reverends-right-h_b_100007.html

McFlopPander is roadkill.

Don Quixote
05-04-2008, 07:47 PM
We've gone over this already. Hagee is not the same thing as Wright.

Wake me up when McCain joins some nutty church.

jochhejaam
05-04-2008, 08:08 PM
:sleep

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Neither dude makes any difference.

some_user86
05-04-2008, 11:38 PM

xrayzebra
05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
We've all seen the M$M taking Rev. Wrights sermons out of context many times over on these internets....now let's see one of John McCain supporter/financieer John Hagee's sermon in context...

8mQvvGJYQaM

I thought Rev. Wright made it abundantly clear his
comments weren't taken out of context and he meant
every word he said in his oft quoted sermons.

clambake
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
when i'm in church, i never hear a word the preacher says.

i'm too old for fairy tales.

Nbadan
05-05-2008, 03:14 PM
The McCain-Hagee connection Rethugs are in denial about...

But even some Republicans (not affiliated with the campaign) privately wonder how the pastor's extreme views slipped through without notice. McCain personally wooed Hagee for more than a year. In early 2007, the Arizona senator traveled to Hagee's Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, where the two men had breakfast. They bonded over a shared commitment to the protection of Israel, a meeting that McCain later cited as a sign of his outreach to social conservatives.

After McCain's campaign collapsed last summer, Hagee stuck with the senator, traveling in September to South Carolina, where he introduced McCain at the first stop of the candidate's "No Surrender" comeback tour. In turn, the senator praised Hagee for his strong support for the war in Iraq and was a keynote speaker at the annual meeting of Christians United for Israel, a pro-Israel group that Hagee founded.

Newsweek (http://www.newsweek.com/id/135385)

Wild Cobra
05-06-2008, 01:45 AM
I thought Rev. Wright made it abundantly clear his
comments weren't taken out of context and he meant
every word he said in his oft quoted sermons.
No shit. He wasn't taken out of context. A day or two ago, one of the talk shows I listened to played several clips that were each several minutes long. That guy is very scary!

jochhejaam
05-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Wow, this thread's on fire!

http://www.co.wood.wi.us/aging/images/trudy.JPG

:lol

Nbadan
05-06-2008, 02:34 PM
John Hagee = Moses! (according to GI Joe Lieberman)

Lieberman Address to Christians United for Israel

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Senator Joe Lieberman (ID-CT) yesterday delivered the following remarks to the Christians United for Israel Conference:

"Thank you for that kind introduction and that warm welcome. May I in turn greet you with the ancient words of welcome offered to pilgrims in Jerusalem - "Bruchim Habaim B'Shem Hashem" - blessed be those who come in the name of the Lord.

That greeting is especially fitting for you because you have come to Washington not just as men or women, Republicans or Democrats, conservatives or liberals. You are here as Christians United for Israel. You represent a powerful force of people of faith in America who have pledged to never forget thee, O Jerusalem.

And I know, as a Christian friend likes to remind me, that there are a lot more Christian Zionists in America than Jewish Zionists. And, I know the support of Christian Zionists today is critical to Israel's security and strength, and to America's security and strength.

So I am honored by your invitation to speak tonight, to thank you for what you are doing, to exhort you to continue to do more -- which is God's work, and to pray with you that you are successful.

I begin by thanking your founder, Pastor John Hagee. I would describe Pastor Hagee with the words the Torah uses to describe Moses, he is an "Eesh Elo Kim," a man of God because those words fit him; and, like Moses he has become the leader of a mighty multitude in pursuit of and defense of Israel.

Link (http://lieberman.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=279110)

Thank you people of Connecticut.....idiots!