PDA

View Full Version : David West most underrated player in basketball....

xtremesteven33
05-04-2008, 09:19 PM
...yes i said it and it is true. This guy has amazing talent. he reminds me alot of a karl malone player. the ability to rebound great, shoot fadeaways, and post up players. he has all the tools to be the best PF in the game today, but it puzzles me that he gets no credit for what he does. I havent seen a player shoot so consistently from 17 feet. And i dont think it has much to do with Chris Paul giving him open looks either. Sure he gets points off of those too but he can create his own shot as well.

Spurs fans shouldnt feel too bad if this guy gives us so much problems. Hes probably the second best PF playing right now in the playoffs, behind timmy of course.....

21_Blessings
05-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Hes probably the second best PF playing right now in the playoffs, behind timmy of course.....

Put down the crack pipe

KG > Pau > West

BonnerDynasty
05-04-2008, 09:20 PM
He needs a catchier first name.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 09:21 PM
He's rated.

2easy
...yes i said it and it is true. This guy has amazing talent. he reminds me alot of a karl malone player. the ability to rebound great, shoot fadeaways, and post up players. he has all the tools to be the best PF in the game today, but it puzzles me that he gets no credit for what he does. I havent seen a player shoot so consistently from 17 feet. And i dont think it has much to do with Chris Paul giving him open looks either. Sure he gets points off of those too but he can create his own shot as well.

Spurs fans shouldnt feel too bad if this guy gives us so much problems. Hes probably the second best PF playing right now in the playoffs, behind timmy of course.....

I agree, but he does have his moments where he cant hit the broad side of a barn. I believe Paul makes him alot better whereas Duncan can play with anyone.

TampaDude
Yeah, West is a monster...hopefully, Pop has something in his bag of tricks to slow him down...if not, it's gonna be a short series...

xtremesteven33
05-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Put down the crack pipe

KG > Pau > West

KG cant talk right now....after being pushed to 7 games by a team under .500 is a disgrace.

and Paul Gasol is a center right now.....

xtremesteven33
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, West is a monster...hopefully, Pop has something in his bag of tricks to slow him down...if not, it's gonna be a short series...

of course pop has something planned. he always does. im thinking hes gonna stick with the same lineup but a tad different approach on defense.

im thinking hes going to tell parker to guard Paul from now on....while bowen just sticks it to Peja....

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
KG cant talk right now....after being pushed to 7 games by a team under .500 is a disgrace.

and Paul Gasol is a center right now.....

:lol

SPURS50
05-04-2008, 09:26 PM
D. West plays on another level against us. He is underrated, But not second best PF in the league. I'd take him over Gasol thought!

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Who knows whether West is the most underrated, but he's a hell of a player and hasn't received the publicity he deserves in spite of the A.S. vote. The guy can flat out play.

ChumpDumper
05-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Cry me a small market river.

At least your river is navigable.

xtremesteven33
05-04-2008, 09:30 PM
D. West plays on another level against us. He is underrated, But not second best PF in the league. I'd take him over Gasol thought!

id take him over gasol too. gasol to me doesnt have what it takes to win a championship.

the only thing i dont like about david west is his attitude. he thinks hes such a bad dude. he always plays with a chip on his shoulder like he has to prove something to people. it gets annoying after awhile....

K-State Spur
05-04-2008, 09:37 PM
You watch him warm-up, and you wonder how he's an all-star. He's not particularly big. He's quick for a big, but not exceptionally so. He can use his left, but he's no boozer.

Then you watch him play against the Spurs and you wonder how he's not averaging 40 ppg.

Matchman
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
West went from underrated to severely overrated with a cocky attitude in one season. I mean its not like you David West beat the Mavs so why the slap on Dirk's face? props to Dirk not to retaliate, he has really mature into a franchise player: stay clam, stay focused, and stay hungry.
i predict West to have a Juwan Howard like career, slacking jump shooting PF who got paid big bucks to play on a loser team

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
West went from underrated to severely overrated with a cocky attitude in one season. I mean its not like you David West beat the Mavs so why the slap on Dirk's face? props to Dirk not to retaliate, now Thats what a franchise player should do: stay clam, stay focused, and stay hungry.
i predict West to have a Juwan Howard like career, slacking jump shooting PF who got paid big bucks to play on a loser team

You obviously didn't see the entire sequence with West and Dork. Oh, nevermind. It doesn't matter.

2easy
05-04-2008, 09:50 PM
West went from underrated to severely overrated with a cocky attitude in one season. I mean its not like you David West beat the Mavs so why the slap on Dirk's face? props to Dirk not to retaliate, now Thats what a franchise player should do: stay clam, stay focused, and stay hungry.

Are seriously calling that a slap? If you watch the whole thing, Dirk elbowed him in the mouth (again) and West told "One more time". Secondly, any self-respecting man would never let someone touch his face like that, but thats why Dirk is called "soft".

BonnerDynasty
05-04-2008, 10:04 PM
He should give Thomas a love tap.

Who am I kidding...The Spurs are too boring to fight back.

spursparker9
05-04-2008, 10:05 PM
its chris paul making him great....

dirk4mvp
05-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Are seriously calling that a slap? If you watch the whole thing, Dirk elbowed him in the mouth (again) and West told "One more time". Secondly, any self-respecting man would never let someone touch his face like that, but thats why Dirk is called "soft".

So Dirk's soft because he kept on elbowing West's bitch ass in the mouth?

dirk4mvp
05-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I havent seen a player shoot so consistently from 17 feet.

Dirk shits in a toilet from 17 feet away better than West shoots a basketball from 17 feet.

gospursgojas
05-04-2008, 10:09 PM
West went from underrated to severely overrated with a cocky attitude in one season. I mean its not like you David West beat the Mavs so why the slap on Dirk's face? props to Dirk not to retaliate, he has really mature into a franchise player: stay clam, stay focused, and stay hungry.

:tu

JamStone
05-04-2008, 10:23 PM

Funny, I thought winning or losing games and playoff series was a team effort, not an individual effort.

And, didn't Tim just score 5 points and get 3 rebounds in a second round playoff game?

lefty
05-04-2008, 10:24 PM
West is overrated

VoiceofReason
05-04-2008, 10:24 PM
So Dirk's soft because he kept on elbowing West's bitch ass in the mouth?

Where's Dirk vacationing this year?

NIH
05-04-2008, 10:25 PM

I predict T-Mac will never get out of the 1st round. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Seems like some of you haven't monitored West's development. Each season he has improved and added to his game. He can knock down the jumper consistently out to 18ft, drive the ball, and has some post game although it needs work, as does his passing. He's good on the boards and a decent defender.

He can still improve on his D and rebounding, but it's hard to fault the guy's individual offensive game.

Kori Ellis
05-04-2008, 11:26 PM
West is very good, but he's not underrated. He is just a bad matchup for the Spurs. If the Spurs had a long 3/athletic 4 to guard him, he wouldn't go off for 30 everytime he played the Spurs.

remingtonbo2001
05-04-2008, 11:31 PM
West is very good, but he's not underrated. He is just a bad matchup for the Spurs. If the Spurs had a long 3/athletic 4 to guard him, he wouldn't go off for 30 everytime he played the Spurs.

Remind me why we have Tim Duncan on our team.

Don't give me the prone to fouls B.S.

1Parker1
05-04-2008, 11:32 PM
:lol Wasn't he voted to the All Star team? How is that being underrated?

DAF86
05-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Manu is the most underrated player in the NBA, West's voted for the All star team this year, How can you say he's underrated?

ecksodia
05-05-2008, 03:53 AM
I like how all this talk of West being underrated actually makes him OVERrated.

Hey, you've got to give the guy credit - he can play (oh look, he even got an allstar appearance! but no, that isn't enough. he's still underrated!), but stop calling him underrated. It's like Ben Wallace being called underrated to the point where he was being overrated.

urunobili
05-05-2008, 07:56 AM
its chris paul making him great....

+1

hater
05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I've said it before the series. If West and Peja have a great series Spurs will lose.

TheTruth62987
05-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Put down the crack pipe

KG > Pau > West

Pau Gasol is considered a center not a PF. KG isn't what he used to be. I'm not saying West is the best PF in the league, not by a long shot, but in a year or two things will be different. West's only problem is that he always comes out ice cold. He'll miss 3-5 straight shots, then go on a spree and end up with 20-30 pts in the game.

21_Blessings
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
No, Pau is a POWER FORWARD who is skilled enough to play center (just like tim Duncan who has played MORE MINUTES at center the past 4 years than he has at pf). Once Bynum comes back Pau goes back to 4.

Pau > West

beachwood
05-05-2008, 12:24 PM
This is true.