PDA

View Full Version : Operation Chaos

Nbadan
05-05-2008, 02:21 AM
http://www.outhousegraffiti.com/Crap1.jpg
Limbaugh 'pic above' ditto-heads can't even vote for the right Demo

Looks like Republicans and independents are following Limpballs advice and voting in the Democratic primary in record numbers....trouble is they are voting for the lead candidate, Barack Obama, to put him over the top.....meanwhile, the Clinton camp is left with another 'if only'

From today’s New York Daily News:

"Obama owes his first-place standing to the millions of independents and Republicans who voted for him in states that allowed them to participate in the Democratic nominating contest, the News found.

Clinton would top Obama by more than 360,000 votes if only Democrats were counted, and the delegate race - which Obama leads by 135 - would likely be tighter."

Harold Ickes, a devoted Clinton Kool-Aid drinker, put it this way;

"For those superdelegates who are increasingly questioning pulling power in a general election, I think what this will do is reinforce the argument that she has a stronger base among broad Democratic constituencies that we need absolutely to win."

The article also mentions that "if only" Michigan and Florida were counted, Hillary’s lead would be more than 900,000.

Two weeks ago Hillary’s reasoning was that "if only" Democratic primaries were held under Republican winner-take-all rules, she would be the leader by virtue of her victories in the big states and Obama’s wins in smaller states.

Speaking of that, Mrs. Clinton has made a point that she wins the states that Democrats need in the fall, while Obama carries states that are going to vote Republican no matter what. In light of that argument it seems strange that she is fighting so hard for, and putting so much emphasis on, North Carolina and Indiana. A Democrat has not carried North Carolina in a presidential election since Carter in ‘76. Indiana has not gone into the Democratic column since Johnson in ‘64.

But I digress, back to the original premise of the argument that she has stronger support among Democrats. Doesn’t that make Obama’s point that he would be stronger in the general election because of his crossover appeal to Independents and Republicans? I think it would be a good idea for the Clinton campaign to drop this latest "if only" before the Obama people turn it around and use it as a weapon against Hillary.

Based on Sen. Clinton’s logic, I think Mitt Romney has an argument to the Republican Party. "If only" crossover Democrats and Independents had not been allowed to vote in Republican primaries, he would be the nominee instead of John McCain. Ah, the land of "if only", what a wonderful place.

xrayzebra
05-05-2008, 09:07 AM
But will they vote for him in November. Again, who cares who voted
for who in the primaries. Just so long as that they keep fighting each
other until convention time......like the energizer rabbit, just keep
going...going...going.....

Yonivore
05-06-2008, 07:14 PM
:corn: Just keep it going :corn:

PixelPusher
05-06-2008, 07:48 PM
:lmao at Operation Chaos

Among Republican voters in Indiana:
52% Clinton
46% Obama

Yonivore
05-06-2008, 08:46 PM
:lmao at Operation Chaos
:lmao at PixelPusher thinking Republicans are exit pollers...

PixelPusher
05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
:lmao at PixelPusher thinking Republicans are exit pollers...

:lmao at Yoni confirming Operation Chaos is a figment of dittoheads' imagination.

Yonivore
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
:lmao at Yoni confirming Operation Chaos is a figment of dittoheads' imagination.
:lmao at PixelPusher and the rest of the Democrats who still don't have a candidate and, instead, have two very bloody nominee-seekers going into the summer.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2008, 08:52 PM
:lol at Republicans admitting they have a weak candidate they picked from a flock of weak candidates.

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Yep. Just a figment.

Just pretend we're not out there.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2008, 08:53 PM
McCain does need all the help he can get.

PixelPusher
05-06-2008, 08:54 PM
:lmao at PixelPusher and the rest of the Democrats who still don't have a candidate and, instead, have two very bloody nominee-seekers going into the summer.
:lmao at Yonivore, DQ, and the rest of the board Republicans not realizing this is the best McCain will ever have it, and he still trails both Dems.

PixelPusher
05-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Yep. Just a figment.

Just pretend we're not out there.

I actually wish it were true and demonstrable, it would help Obama.

Yonivore
05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
:lmao at Yonivore, DQ, and the rest of the board Republicans not realizing this is the best McCain will ever have it, and he still trails both Dems.
:lmao at PixelPusher who thinks the general election campaign has begun...

Desperate Barack Obama begs Democrats: Help me finish Hillary (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=564228&in_page_id=1811)

Don Quixote
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Calm down, people.

Obamaniacs, don't worry. Your Anointed will likely survive the primary and be the nominee. The math is (slightly) in his favor, and the "super-delegates" don't want to tork off the youth, or blacks, or make it look like Hillary stole it.

That said ...
The percentage of Clinton voters who say they'd choose McCain over Obama in a general election is approaching 40% in Indiana. Put it another way: in North Carolina, less than HALF of folks who voted today for Hillary Clinton are ready to say today that they'd definitely vote for Obama in a general election.

The link ... http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/05/first_glance_at_the_exits_demo.php

The numbers appear believable. Whoever the winner is may have a hard time getting the loser's supporters to come around in time for the general.

MannyIsGod
05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
This Operation Chaos may indeed have won IN for Clinton. This is going to be very very very close.

PixelPusher
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
:lmao at PixelPusher who thinks the general election campaign has begun...

:lmao at Yoni, who still doesn't get that McCain's free ride ends once the general election campaign does begin...

JoeChalupa
05-07-2008, 07:31 AM
rush limpballs doesn't have as much pull as he and yoni and xray believe he does.

xrayzebra
05-07-2008, 08:49 AM
rush limpballs doesn't have as much pull as he and yoni and xray believe he does.

Well the Obama folks think he does.

Obama team talking points memo on Tuesday election. A Limbaugh scheme?

INDIANAPOLIS, IND.---Here's the official Obama team spin on what is shaping up as a likely Indiana loss: "There really has never been any question that Senator Clinton would win Indiana," said a Obama talking points memo out Tuesday. Team Obama also blames Rush Limbaugh for urging Republicans to infiltrate the primary and vote for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

full memo, click below...

Talking points on Limbaugh Crossovers

Limbaugh has been urging right-wingers to vote against Obama

* There really has never been any question that Senator Clinton would win Indiana, where she has the support of Senator Evan Bayh’s political operation and the demographics heavily favor her. But we saw today that perhaps her strongest asset was that Republicans believe she’ll be an easier opponent to beat in November.

* Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh has been urging his listeners to cross over and vote in the Democratic primary in Indiana to help Clinton’s chances at becoming the nominee.

* Reports from Indiana polling places confirmed that record numbers of Republicans were taking Democratic ballots to vote against Obama. And Limbaugh himself bragged about the success of his effort on his radio show today.

Republicans are desperate to face Clinton, because they know Obama will be harder to beat

* Let’s be very clear: the Republicans want to face Senator Clinton in November, because they know that Senator Obama will be a stronger nominee for the Democrats, and will help Democratic candidates down the ballot. Republicans are so scared of Obama that they’re actually skipping their own primary to vote against him.

* That’s a stunning testament to the threat that Obama will pose to Republicans come fall.

* If I were the Clinton campaign, I don’t think I’d be celebrating too hard tonight. Winning a state on the strength of voters who want to see you defeated isn’t exactly the kind of win you want—or the message you want to send to superdelegates.

Ickes Comments

Comments are beyond the pale—and a distortion

* This afternoon, top Clinton advisor Harolk Ickes said that if Barack Obama were the nominee, there might be a so-called “October surprise” that would hand the election the Republicans. Using this kind of fear tactic is simply beyond the pale—and a total distortion.

* Time after time, we’ve seen that the Republicans are desperate to face Clinton in the fall because they know that Obama would be a stronger candidate. That’s what brought Limbaugh listeners out in droves today to vote for Clinton.

* To suggest that Clinton would somehow offer less risk of an October surprise—at the same time as Republicans are actively working to see her nominated—is certainly curious.

Not the tactics Democrats want to see

* But leaving that aside, this simply isn’t the kind of tactic that Democratic voters and superdelegates want to say. As President Clinton himself said a couple of years ago, “if one candidate's appealing to your fears and the other one's appealing to your hopes, you better vote for the person who wants you to think and hope.”

Link:
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/05/obama_team_talking_points_memo.html

RandomGuy
05-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I for one, am glad it will all be over in November, no matter WHO wins.

The Endless Campaign is wearing me the f*** out.

Hillary
05-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Don't forget the "Hillary in 2012" campaign will be kicking off in January '09.

RandomGuy
05-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Don't forget the "Hillary in 2012" campaign will be kicking off in January '09.

:shootme

Don Quixote
05-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I for one, am glad it will all be over in November, no matter WHO wins.

The Endless Campaign is wearing me out.

Precisely. Democrats don't like devouring each other so much as they like trashing Republicans.

I am hearing, though, that of the 10-12% of Republicans who voted in IN's D-primary, they only went 53-47 for Hillary. So, it appears that, at least in IN, that OC didn't have much effect.

Obama won NC decisively. So, I'd say it was a good night for Obama.

Ocotillo
05-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Limbaugh is certainly enjoying the free press he is getting for his show by pimping this OC.

Ray did you vote for Hillary as Rush asked you to do here in the Texas primary?

romsho
05-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Rush Limbaugh is a special kind of douchebag.

ClingingMars
05-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Operation Chaos is a complete and total success. even the liberals in this thread are being drawn into the chaos.

Congratulations, my fellow foot soldiers. Victory is not far off.

- Mars

ChumpDumper
05-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Delusional.

Don Quixote
05-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Operation Chaos is a complete and total success.
Congratulations, my fellow foot soldiers. Victory is not far off.

- Mars

As a fellow foot soldier in O.C., I'd temper your enthusiasm a bit. We have achieved some success, but it's not over. There's still more to be done.

And what are these successes so far? Well ... back in Feb., when Obamessiah was giving speeches and promising change, the press was fawning over him, women were fainting at his sight, artists were painting portraits of him, musicians were writing songs about him, etc. He was the Second Coming. And he was winning every primary. Did anyone really expect the MSM to ask him about his record, his past, and his political connections? Of course, the answer is no. The MSM adored him.

The Chosen One needed to be bloodied up a little. And who better to do it than the Clintons? Since the GOP nomination was already decided, it was a great situation for everyone. So ... thanks to O.C. keeping the Clintons around, people know alot more about the Messiah (Ayers, partial-birth, Rev. Wright). Most of us right-wing wackos knew this about him already, but O.C. got the message out in the media.

So... we ought to thank the Clintons. Thanks Hillary!:toast

But victory is not certain. After all, we're still stuck with McCain!

Nbadan
05-09-2008, 12:08 PM
But victory is not certain. After all, we're still stuck with McCain!

Just like the hollow victory Rush promised in the 06 midterms.....yeah, we all saw how that worked out....Rush and Dubya are the best thing to happen to the Democratic party...every time they open their mouth and make these stupid statements another GOP congress-person goes down in flames...

Don Quixote
05-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Um, no. I listened to Rush during the 06 election season, and he pretty much predicted a Democratic takeover.

Winehole23
05-25-2018, 05:11 PM
Redux, only the other team is doing it now:

The network — composed of overlapping groups led by Democrats such as the donor Rachel Pritzker and several veteran Obama administration operatives, as well as leading Never Trump Republicans like Evan McMullin, Mindy Finn and William Kristol — aims to chart a middle path between a Republican base falling in line behind Mr. Trump (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/08/us/politics/trump-impeachment-midterms.html) and a liberal resistance trying to pull the Democratic Party left (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/us/politics/democrats-resistance-fundraising.html).https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/us/politics/republicans-democrats-coalition-trump.html