PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate people

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
that spend all day bitching about gas prices? I work with a couple guys that drive big ass trucks and all they do is bitch about it. The best line is something along the lines of: "I heard it will be close to $10 a gallon this summer" ---like where the fuck did you hear that? If it was such a big deal to you you wouldn't drive to work everyday in a giant truck you use to haul a boat you don't even have anymore.

Everyone knows these people. They just bitch to bitch (like I'm doing now). They feel that they are owed cheap gas and that oil supplies are endless and will never run out. They bitch that their lifestyles are screwed up by an extra $7-10 a week they would just blow on something else.

disclosure:A) I'm almost a tree hugger B)I don't pay for my own gas b/c I have a company car

E20
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm one of those people, but I have every right to bitch.

disclosure: A) I live in cali, gas prices are high. B) I'm 19.

Viva Las Espuelas
disclosure:A) I'm almost a tree hugger

they're partly to blame. see anwar.

Soul_Patch
Im in a similar situation, only because i do own a boat that i really cant afford to use anymore. Id love to sell it now to be honest.

It isnt so much that gas prices are sky high, its that almost everything prices are sky high.

i cant go to the grocery store anymore without spending over 200 bucks for a week of food.

I have a Chevy Tahoe that i rarely drive because of gas, luckily i work from home, so its not that big of a deal. I use the gas guzzling truck, to pull my gas guzzling boat down to the coast or out of the storage to teh water...and thats about it.

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm one of those people, but I have every right to bitch.

disclosure: A) I live in cali, gas prices are high. B) I'm 19.

high relative to what we are used to, but still low relative to the rest of the world

they're partly to blame. see anwar.

I'm not that intense. I'm more of the I get pissed when I see people blatantly not recycle, single people that drive hummers, see people litter, and get pissed when people choose plastic over paper variety. I'm the guy that brings my own bag to the grocery store. That's why I say I'm almost a tree hugger

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Im in a similar situation, only because i do own a boat that i really cant afford to use anymore. Id love to sell it now to be honest.

It isnt so much that gas prices are sky high, its that almost everything prices are sky high.

i cant go to the grocery store anymore without spending over 200 bucks for a week of food.

I have a Chevy Tahoe that i rarely drive because of gas, luckily i work from home, so its not that big of a deal. I use the gas guzzling truck, to pull my gas guzzling boat down to the coast or out of the storage to teh water...and thats about it.

I admit it all sucks- that wasn't my point. I just hate people that have to come in every damn day and bitch about it. What is bitching going to do? These same people are the people that a) for the most part don't give a shit about politics and if they even do they are so misguided it's sad and b) they will drive 10 miles down the road to save 2cents a gallon...they are that dumb. All they talk about everyday is how much gas went up and American Idol.

I'm just pissed that it's all people talk about. There is alot going on in the world today- good and bad- and all people want to do is bitch about gas prices. Just shut the hell up about it and go on with your life. It will take some getting used to but you can do it.

Tacker
05-05-2008, 10:11 AM
that spend all day bitching about gas prices? I work with a couple guys that drive big ass trucks and all they do is bitch about it. The best line is something along the lines of: "I heard it will be close to $10 a gallon this summer" ---like where the fuck did you hear that? If it was such a big deal to you you wouldn't drive to work everyday in a giant truck you use to haul a boat you don't even have anymore.

Everyone knows these people. They just bitch to bitch (like I'm doing now). They feel that they are owed cheap gas and that oil supplies are endless and will never run out. They bitch that their lifestyles are screwed up by an extra $7-10 a week they would just blow on something else.

disclosure:A) I'm almost a tree hugger B)I don't pay for my own gas b/c I have a company car

You can't do anything about it, assholes exist

CubanMustGo
05-05-2008, 10:11 AM
In Austin a local church decided it would help people out by lowering the price of gas $1 a gallon for a couple of hours at a nearby gas station. So who showed up? You guessed it, ppl in their SUVs and pickup trucks. Not to mention the line was long, ppl were idling for 45 minutes, etc. etc.

Soul_Patch
05-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I admit it all sucks- that wasn't my point. I just hate people that have to come in every damn day and bitch about it. What is bitching going to do? These same people are the people that a) for the most part don't give a shit about politics and if they even do they are so misguided it's sad and b) they will drive 10 miles down the road to save 2cents a gallon...they are that dumb. All they talk about everyday is how much gas went up and American Idol.

I'm just pissed that it's all people talk about. There is alot going on in the world today- good and bad- and all people want to do is bitch about gas prices. Just shut the hell up about it and go on with your life. It will take some getting used to but you can do it.

Yep i agree, I think it blows, but i also know im not entitled to own a boat. I wish gas was 95 cents a gallon like it was 10 years ago, but i also know if it was we would be in a lot worse situation than we are now. At least this way people are forced to pay attn to the environment, somewhat.

Soul_Patch
05-05-2008, 10:19 AM
I am inclined to bitch at times though...especially when i would love to go out fishing one weekend, but cant afford the 400 bucks it would cost me to get to the coast and run the boat.

mrsmaalox
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM

Well it's all relative I guess. I just resigned myself to paying $80 for a tank of gas, but I'm a "basketball mom" and spend hours upon hours in my car with a minimum of 3 kids. I've considered looking for something more fuel efficient, but I will lose money on my car, and there is nothing big enough to meet my needs. I'm NOT willing to give up the time/activities I spend with my kids and their friends! And you are right about food. I have always spent more than $200/week on food (3 kids) but I've just been blown away lately! Yesterday I spent $175 on half of what I would normally buy! I guess everyone with kids is feeling the same.
What kind of boat you got? I am actively looking......

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Yep i agree, I think it blows, but i also know im not entitled to own a boat. I wish gas was 95 cents a gallon like it was 10 years ago, but i also know if it was we would be in a lot worse situation than we are now. At least this way people are forced to pay attn to the environment, somewhat.

yeah see the person that drove me nuts enough to start this whole thing just showed up in a new 2008 Chevy Tahoe and says "you better go get gas now, the Speedway up there is going up another 4 cents today" then started bitching for about 15 minutes about how he couldn't drive to visit his brother this weekend in Columbus because of gas prices.

Soul_Patch
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
lol...at least i own a 2000 tahoe :)

We just bought a 2009 Toyota Corolla for our every day driving, the Tahoe is strictly for the boat, both of which we can barely afford to use...haha...i laugh at how dumb we were to buy either one of them.

mrsmaalox
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
But you're right Thunder Dan, people bitch too much about it.

TwAnKiEs
05-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I dont like ppl who bitch about it all the time. It does hurt the pocket though.. I went from filling up my car ( I drive from Seguin to San Marcos for work 5 days a week) with $30 last year to spending over $50 now.. I get paid bi-weekly, and if I do not go anywhere else I barley make it on the fifth day. hell I'd rather spend 20 buck on my little girls.... I drive a Taurus BTW :depressed

Spurminator
05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Dallas Area Rapid Transit saves us $200 a month.

Soul_Patch
05-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Well it's all relative I guess. I just resigned myself to paying $80 for a tank of gas, but I'm a "basketball mom" and spend hours upon hours in my car with a minimum of 3 kids. I've considered looking for something more fuel efficient, but I will lose money on my car, and there is nothing big enough to meet my needs. I'm NOT willing to give up the time/activities I spend with my kids and their friends! And you are right about food. I have always spent more than $200/week on food (3 kids) but I've just been blown away lately! Yesterday I spent $175 on half of what I would normally buy! I guess everyone with kids is feeling the same.
What kind of boat you got? I am actively looking......

It is a 1999 Majek Pro V. 21' with a superbly inefficient gas guzzling 2-stroke 200hp yamaha Vmax on the back of it. Honestly the boat is a one of a kind, a lot of dealers are in love with it because it is so rare. In any other situation i would hate to get rid of it, but it does nothing for me right now, other than absorb a monthly payment.

It is a fishing Man's ideal boat, but it doesnt do anything efficiently. You can run in some of the shallowest waters in the bays though...if that is your thing. If you are honestly interested, PM me and i can send you some pictures or send you our address to come take a look.

At this point im willing to take a loss on selling it.

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I dont like ppl who bitch about it all the time. It does hurt the pocket though.. I went from filling up my car ( I drive from Seguin to San Marcos for work 5 days a week) with $30 last year to spending over $50 now.. I get paid bi-weekly, and if I do not go anywhere else I barley make it on the fifth day. hell I'd rather spend 20 buck on my little girls.... I drive a Taurus BTW :depressed

right. I'm the first to admit it sucks that we arn't seeing the money we are used to, but I can't stand people that bitch about it and don't want to even try to have solutions.

I'm the young guy here in the office, so I have the least money of everyone here. They bitch about gas and how everything is so expensive, but they have no problem going to the vending machine and buying Coke's 5 times a day, or going to lunch and spending $10 there. I dared to open my mouth and said "If gas is so expensive to you how about buying a 24pack of pop and sticking it in the fridge, or pack your lunch"...they looked at me like I was insane that they might pack a lunch. That is what I'm talking about. They just bitch to have a usless conversation at work. They don't really care about gas prices because if they did they could change a little and it wouldn't hurt them any.

CubanMustGo
05-05-2008, 10:30 AM

DART is great if it goes where you need to, no doubt about it. I wish McKinney (and Allen, etc.) had been paying into the fund like Plano and the other smarter cities have been. If they ever DO decide to sign up (and it will take an act of the state leg to allow it) it'll be 20 years before anything gets up here 'cuz a lot of the long-time member cities are still waiting on their projects.

But since it doesn't, the hybrid gets filled about once a week ... 450 miles +/-, $35. First time I have ever had a car that turned into an investment.

A lot of ppl up here who gripe about gas prices can stop getting triple venti lattes twice daily but NO they have their priorities!!

BacktoBasics
05-05-2008, 10:50 AM
How much for the boat pal? I'm not really wanting to get balls deep into something but you never know, plus I already live down here.

Soul_Patch
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I cant go any less than $16,000. Im in it right now for $17,000.

I have it back up in SA right now replacing both axels on the trailer.

Extra Stout
05-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm the young guy here in the office, so I have the least money of everyone here. They bitch about gas and how everything is so expensive, but they have no problem going to the vending machine and buying Coke's 5 times a day, or going to lunch and spending $10 there. I dared to open my mouth and said "If gas is so expensive to you how about buying a 24pack of pop and sticking it in the fridge, or pack your lunch"...they looked at me like I was insane that they might pack a lunch. That is what I'm talking about. They just bitch to have a usless conversation at work. They don't really care about gas prices because if they did they could change a little and it wouldn't hurt them any.
They want a lifestyle where they can be absurdly wasteful without having to worry about it. Doing something to cope with high gas prices defeats the purpose -- they would be taking responsibility for themselves and their lives. The point is to avoid having to do that.

What they want is for the government magically to solve the problem. That is the American Dream today -- to sit on your ass and do nothing while somebody else takes care of you.

j-6
05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
DART is great if it goes where you need to, no doubt about it. I wish McKinney (and Allen, etc.) had been paying into the fund like Plano and the other smarter cities have been. If they ever DO decide to sign up (and it will take an act of the state leg to allow it) it'll be 20 years before anything gets up here 'cuz a lot of the long-time member cities are still waiting on their projects.

But since it doesn't, the hybrid gets filled about once a week ... 450 miles +/-, $35. First time I have ever had a car that turned into an investment.

A lot of ppl up here who gripe about gas prices can stop getting triple venti lattes twice daily but NO they have their priorities!!

I live in Fort Worth and work in Addison, and I drive a gas guzzler V8. TRE and DART aren't an option for me, unfortunately. My take is that I would find a job nearer to home before I lose serious money trading a vehicle in over 80 bucks a month in fuel.

stretch
05-05-2008, 11:58 AM

I'm with you. Gas prices suck, but people doesn't have to bitch about them every 5 fucking seconds.

stretch
05-05-2008, 11:59 AM

I use DART. I work in Downtown Dallas. It's very convenient, especially since I get free passes through my work.

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 12:08 PM
see this is another thing. In this article people polled say they are expecting $5 a gallon gas. Like what proof or evidence do those people have that gas is going to be $5 a gallon soon? It's all based on emotion; the people saw gas go up 60 cents and it pissed them off so they now expect it to go up over double that. It's all emotion and they have no rational proof that $5 gas is coming yet they will talk about it, discuss it, bitch about something that may never come. The news media just does this to rile people up and people are too dumb to figure it out. They post this garbage to just to get them going (like me now, but I'm anti low gas prices. I want high gas so I can see the people I can't stand at work suffer even more :lol) god I'm angry for no reason, but it's like people spend all their time discussing a problem rather than fixing it. Stop bitching about gas and go make more money, or save what you have. It's not that hard

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/05/news/economy/gas_poll/index.htm?postversion=2008050512

MaK
05-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Sometimes I wonder how people can afford driving around those big SUVS. They have to be filling up at least once a week at a cool hundred dollars.

BacktoBasics
05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I cant go any less than $16,000. Im in it right now for $17,000.

I have it back up in SA right now replacing both axels on the trailer.
unfortunately thats a bit too rich for my blood. If you end up having it after the new year I many be able to take a closer look at that price.

SAGambler
05-05-2008, 12:15 PM
They want a lifestyle where they can be absurdly wasteful without having to worry about it. Doing something to cope with high gas prices defeats the purpose -- they would be taking responsibility for themselves and their lives. The point is to avoid having to do that.

What they want is for the government magically to solve the problem. That is the American Dream today -- to sit on your ass and do nothing while somebody else takes care of you.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Americans are the most spoiled people on the face of the earth. Have had it too good for too long. The days of cheap fuel and cheap energy is over and done.

My pet peeve is people that drive full time 4 wheel drive vehicles because "it's cool". They have never been off road in their lives and very seldom ever get off of 410 or 1604. They need a four wheel drive like I need an extra hole in my head.

BTW gas is $10.00 a gallon in England. How would you like to fill up your Hummers and such there?

SAGambler
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
see this is another thing. In this article people polled say they are expecting $5 a gallon gas. Like what proof or evidence do those people have that gas is going to be $5 a gallon soon? It's all based on emotion; the people saw gas go up 60 cents and it pissed them off so they now expect it to go up over double that. It's all emotion and they have no rational proof that $5 gas is coming yet they will talk about it, discuss it, bitch about something that may never come. The news media just does this to rile people up and people are too dumb to figure it out. They post this garbage to just to get them going (like me now, but I'm anti low gas prices. I want high gas so I can see the people I can't stand at work suffer even more :lol) god I'm angry for no reason, but it's like people spend all their time discussing a problem rather than fixing it. Stop bitching about gas and go make more money, or save what you have. It's not that hard

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/05/news/economy/gas_poll/index.htm?postversion=2008050512

What makes you think it won't reach $5.00? Actually diesel fuel is almost there now, and very well may have hit that mark in some places. As long as we have to import oil, and stockbrokers can make millions and millions by bidding up futures, it will continue to rise.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-05-2008, 12:26 PM

Gee, I wonder what would happen if San Antonio had a vote for a light rail system.

Oh, that's right... they'd vote it down by a wide margin.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-05-2008, 12:28 PM
The $100 fill-ups made me think of a story KSAT did a week or so ago about people filling up at Costco. The pumps automatically shut off at $99.99, so people had to get manual overrides to fill up their SUVs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I will admit I've been preparing myself that I may have to get a new vehicle if the cost to fill up my light truck get to $100 (I paid about $63 on Saturday), but of course, my commute is a killer to begin with.

NW Crossing <--> Downtown SA. (About 25 minutes taking 151 to 90).

Sportcamper
05-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I have a Chevy Suburban ¾ ton…Because of gas prices I am seriously thinking of getting something more fuel efficient…But I don’t know, I really enjoy the roominess & I like driving a big car/truck….I don’t tow anything… but it is nice to know you can…

The government should provide gas vouchers for people that drive huge American made cars...

Spurminator
05-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I topped $40 in my Sentra for the first time last week. Same with the wife's Civic (which she fills up about every five weeks thanks to DART).

CuckingFunt
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
In general, I have a problem with people who bitch without doing anything to change the situation/circumstances about which they're bitching.

To continue with the gas prices scenario: If I were to see someone driving a truck/SUV/Hummer (when they don't need to) and hear them bitch about high gas prices, they made a decision to drive a wasteful vehicle and should either change that decision or shut the fuck up; however, I drive a small car with good gas mileage and try to conserve as much gas/driving time as I possibly can, so I feel I've got the right to complain when gas prices hit $4.07/gal (which is what I saw yesterday where I live) and it costs well over $50 to fill up the tank on my VW Beetle.

mrsmaalox
05-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Gee, I wonder what would happen if San Antonio had a vote for a light rail system.

Oh, that's right... they'd vote it down by a wide margin.

On that note: my parents told me last week that El Paso, yes, El Paso, is having a big light rail push. Too many Yankees around here with more money than brains!

TwAnKiEs
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
right. I'm the first to admit it sucks that we arn't seeing the money we are used to, but I can't stand people that bitch about it and don't want to even try to have solutions.

+1

All I eat at the moment, unless I have toeat out, is leftovers and Banquet meals from HEB\walmart... 89cents... cant go wrong!! :lol

Soul_Patch
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I had to swipe my card 3 times to fill up my boat last time, because the damn thing doesnt let me go past 100 dollars.

fuck gas.

greyforest
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
yea we shouldnt bitch, exxon deserves to make $80,000 profit every minute

greyforest
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I have a Chevy Suburban ¾ ton…Because of gas prices I am seriously thinking of getting something more fuel efficient…But I don’t know, I really enjoy the roominess & I like driving a big car/truck….I don’t tow anything… but it is nice to know you can…

The government should provide gas vouchers for people that drive huge American made cars...

jahahahahah

DarkReign
05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Company pays for my gas. Dont care.

dickface
05-05-2008, 04:16 PM

+1

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 05:05 PM

right but going into your workplace and/or devoting 65% of all conversation about it doesn't do anything about it.

Company pays for my gas. Dont care.

same here. I just hate to constant whining and bitching that I have to endure every day I walk into work or turn on the TV. It's like there is nothing else going on in the world.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
At the current gas price in my area ($3.45/gal) it takes $123.17 to completely fill my tank. I find it all quite hilarious, however.

ClingingMars
05-05-2008, 06:18 PM
2 words

energy independence

(anwar, the gulf, etc)

- Mars