PDA

View Full Version : Free new NIN album download

Shelly
05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Shelly
05-05-2008, 10:36 AM
as a thank you to our fans for your continued support, we are giving away the new nine inch nails album one hundred percent free, exclusively via nin.com.

the music is available in a variety of formats including high-quality MP3, FLAC or M4A lossless at CD quality and even higher-than-CD quality 24/96 WAVE. your link will include all options - all free. all downloads include a PDF with artwork and credits.

for those of you interested in physical products, fear not. we plan to make a version of this release available on CD and vinyl in july. details coming soon.

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 10:39 AM
that is pretty cool. I will be seeing them for the first time come August

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Nice!!

ATRAIN
A message posted on the Nine Inch Nails website read:

"thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years - this one's on me"

ATRAIN
Have you heard it yet Shelly?

Viva Las Espuelas
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
so this is his new album, not a remix or whatever he released a few months ago?

Shelly
05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Have you heard it yet Shelly?

Not yet. My husband downloaded it this morning, so I'll just listen to it when he comes home.

I guess he released two of the songs last week. I heard one of them.

Shelly
05-05-2008, 10:54 AM
so this is his new album, not a remix or whatever he released a few months ago?

New--it has lyrics!

Viva Las Espuelas
05-05-2008, 10:56 AM
New--it has lyrics!cool. i hope it's good. i've been saying that since The Fragile. i didn't download that remixed stuff he had up a few months back. is it worth it?

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
cool. i hope it's good. i've been saying that since The Fragile. i didn't download that remixed stuff he had up a few months back. is it worth it?

The Fragile was the best. I thought Year Zero was pretty good as well, but it took me like 5 listens for it to grow on me. This past weekend I bought the new NIN Blu Ray Concert. Its pretty kick ass, I recommend it.

Shelly
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
cool. i hope it's good. i've been saying that since The Fragile. i didn't download that remixed stuff he had up a few months back. is it worth it?

I'm assuming you're talking about Ghost?

It's not bad...some of it is really noise and some of it is mellow with piano. I think it's one of those things you have to listen to a few times. There are about 4 songs I really like a lot

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
This is posted on their download website

" We encourage you to remix it share it with your friends, post it on your blog, play it on your podcast, give it to strangers etc."

How bad ass is that??

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm assuming you're talking about Ghost?

It's not bad...some of it is really noise and some of it is mellow with piano. I think it's one of those things you have to listen to a few times. There are about 4 songs I really like a lot

I have actually been listening to it all morning. Its good but I do get tried of it after a while, I need me some words.

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Im still waiting for my download links to come to my email, is it taking anyone else a while?

Shelly
05-05-2008, 11:06 AM
The Fragile was the best. I thought Year Zero was pretty good as well, but it took me like 5 listens for it to grow on me. This past weekend I bought the new NIN Blu Ray Concert. Its pretty kick ass, I recommend it.

My husband has all their concerts, but I'm pretty sure a PS3 will be in our possession soon for Blu Ray. Although, he's held off buying one.

That Ghost thing he bought when it was released should be coming this week. I think it had something with Blu Ray?

Shelly
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Im still waiting for my download links to come to my email, is it taking anyone else a while?

Try downloading it from thepiratebay.org I guess the NIN servers are bogged down again.

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM
My husband has all their concerts, but I'm pretty sure a PS3 will be in our possession soon for Blu Ray. Although, he's held off buying one.

That Ghost thing he bought when it was released should be coming this week. I think it had something with Blu Ray?

Which Ghost thing did he buy. I got the 10 dollar one and I got my cd about a week later.

Shelly
05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
He bought the $300 thing.

Have you ever been to this site? http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080503.htm

His cartoons are hilarious!

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
He bought the $300 thing.

Have you ever been to this site? http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp080503.htm

His cartoons are hilarious!

No I havent I will have to check this out. I think ill do with the slip what I did with Radiohead - In Rainbows. Download the tracks then buy the Vinyl to support what they are doing.

ATRAIN
05-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Try downloading it from thepiratebay.org I guess the NIN servers are bogged down again.

I can't get to that while at work so ill have to wait for either the email or till i get home

Viva Las Espuelas
05-05-2008, 11:17 AM
The Fragile was the best. I thought Year Zero was pretty good as well, but it took me like 5 listens for it to grow on me. This past weekend I bought the new NIN Blu Ray Concert. Its pretty kick ass, I recommend it.man, he's been putting out a lot of product lately. isn't that 2 or 3 concert videos in the past couple of years. i have his first one and that is great.

Argiebabe
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Niiiiiiiice!!!
Trent rocks :makeout

spyder
05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
thats pretty sweet...I also think Fragile is a bad ass CD..i listen to it mostly everyday...props to NIN

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I never really liked NIN but I'll give them another shot since it's free.

spursfor
05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
This is easily Treznor's best work since With Teeth, maybe since The Fragile. It's raw, angry and most of all, it rocks. Lights in the Sky is quite possibly the best song Trent has ever written. Fuck Ghosts, that CD sucked, as did Year Zero but this is a return to form. I can't wait to see how this translates live with the band he assembled this time around.

Sense
05-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I really can't find one thing that makes this music good...

it's like it's made when they were high off acid..

What's so good about this band that makes fuzz?

I really can't see it.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I need a list of their kick ass songs because I'm having problems finding them. All I'm finding is gay songs that are supposedly cool. The only songs I've ever liked by them are Head Like a Hole and The Hand That Feeds. Other than that, I've thought they're pretty annoying. So help?

Sense
05-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I need a list of their kick ass songs because I'm having problems finding them. All I'm finding is gay songs that are supposedly cool. The only songs I've ever liked by them are Head Like a Hole and The Hand That Feeds. Other than that, I've thought they're pretty annoying. So help?

so far those two and the light in the sky are the only ones that I don't dislike

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
so far those two and the light in the sky are the only ones that I don't dislike

Eh, not much a fan of Light in the Sky.

CuckingFunt
05-05-2008, 06:30 PM

"Closer"
"Burn"
"The Perfect Drug"
"Something I Can Never Have"
"Hurt"
"March of the Pigs"
"Dead Souls" (one of my very, very favorites)

Thunder Dan
05-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Deep
Terrible Lie
Sin
the wretched

PlayoffEx-static
05-05-2008, 06:57 PM
How very Buzz Aldrin of them.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Another album already? I made a thread about Ghosts I-IV, but this appears to be yet another album.

Interesting.

I'm getting my tickets for the August show tomorrow. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Shelly
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes, this one is called The Slip

Cant_Be_Faded
05-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Something tells me that Shelly loves The Slip.

spursfor
05-05-2008, 08:35 PM
To anyone that thinks NIN is just noise, are you kidding me? Just because it's not generic or simple, doesn't make it bad. Hell we should admire the fact that he's putting out music and letting us have most of it for free. Here's a tip, skip the buttnuggets called Pretty Hate Machine, Year Zero, and Ghosts because those are bad. If you can't enjoy The Slip or With Teeth, you'll have a hard time getting into the rest of Trent's work. I wish more artists would give back to the fans like Trent does.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2008, 08:47 PM
For the weird music that not many people like category, it's all Korn for me. :tu

spursfor
05-05-2008, 09:20 PM
For the weird music that not many people like category, it's all Korn for me. :tu

If by weird, you mean generic radio-metal, than yes. Trent Reznor pisses on Jonathan Davis' shoes.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Jonathan Davis>Trent Reznor
Korn>Nine Inch Nails
Music you can actually listen to>Fuzzy shit.

spursfor
05-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Korn>Nine Inch Nails

Jon Davis himself has even said Trent is one of his biggest influences. You're talking about one of the most respected musicians working today who is now clean and sober and is just as good as ever. Not some douche who makes music for douches. Epand your mind and tastes a little bit and give Trent a chance and jump off the sinking ship that is Korn. There's a reason somebody always leaves that shit sandwhich for a reason each year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Jon Davis himself has even said Trent is one of his biggest influences.
So he likes Trent's music. Great. But I don't.

You're talking about one of the most respected musicians working today who is now clean and sober and is just as good as ever. Not some douche who makes music for douches.
Music>Static shit

Epand your mind and tastes a little bit and give Trent a chance and jump off the sinking ship that is Korn.
Who gives a damn if it's a sinking ship? They still pretty good music today and they could end the band and it would still shit all over NIN.

There's a reason somebody always leaves that shit sandwhich for a reason each year.
What does that even mean?

spursfor
05-05-2008, 09:48 PM
A two star review from All Music for Korn's last effort doesn't constitute as good music. And what I meant by my last quote is that somebody is always leaving Korn for "personal reasons", maybe they know how much of a joke they are and can't stand to be laughed at by the rest of the music community.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM
A two star review from All Music for Korn's last effort doesn't constitute as good music.
:lol I like how you say for me to expand my mind, but you believe that one review = the actual quality of the music.

And what I meant by my last quote is that somebody is always leaving Korn for "personal reasons", maybe they know how much of a joke they are and can't stand to be laughed at by the rest of the music community.
Their drummer, David Silveria, is on an extended hiatus(though even I doubt he'll be back) to focus his attention on his chain of restaurants (he left after your beloved All Music review gave the previous album a 4 stars, so I doubt he thought they were a joke) and the guitarist Brian Welch left because he believed he needed to focus on religion more than his music career (he left after the review gave the previous album a 3.5, which is bullshit because that's in my opinion their worst album [their latest album kicks it's ass so much], so I can understand if he thought they were going downhill, but it was mainly the religion that convinced him to leave.)

MannyIsGod
05-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Korn>Nine Inch Nails

Yeah, no.

ATRAIN
05-06-2008, 07:26 AM
LMAO @ Korn>NIN...........NO FUCKING WAY.

to21
05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Popcorn>NIN

Especially the buttery, hot theater stuff. hmmmmmmm.

Shelly
05-06-2008, 08:02 AM
FYI---

the lyrics are embedded in the songs...in iTunes, right click the song, 'Get Info', then click the lyrics tab....pretty cool.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2008, 09:48 AM
it's pretty good. it's no fragile. and the mix is a little harsh than usual. this is from my first passing.

HeadBanger
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the link.

ATRAIN
05-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Deep
Terrible Lie
Sin
the wretched

Ruiner is a bad ass song.

mardigan
05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Korn>Nine Inch Nails

Korn hasnt made anything good since like 96

ATRAIN
05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I dont understand why people didnt like Year Zero, I enjoyed it very much so. Its not their best by far but its good. It did take me a few listens though.

midgetonadonkey
05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I just started listening to it right now for the first time. It seems ok.

ATRAIN
05-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I just started listening to it right now for the first time. It seems ok.

Same here im on Discipline and so far I like 1,000,000 and Discipline. What track you on?

midgetonadonkey
05-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Same here im on Discipline and so far I like 1,000,000 and Discipline. What track you on?

Just the second track, Letting You. I'm digging this song.

ATRAIN
05-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Just the second track, Letting You. I'm digging this song.

Track 3 you mean and yeah I liked that one too. Echoplex is ok. All in all so far I like what I hear and especially since its free. Thanks Trent. I am a NIN fan and I can't believe I didnt know about this coming out.

ATRAIN
05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I just got thorough my first listen and Head Down was pretty awesome.

mardigan
05-06-2008, 02:39 PM
The Four of Us Are Dying, Corona Radiata, and Lights in the Sky are all badass

CuckingFunt
05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Korn hasnt made anything good

Fixed.

The last few words of your post were superfluous.

spursfor
05-06-2008, 03:27 PM
So mostly everyone agrees, NIN is better than Korn?
I've listened to his album about eight times since I downloaded it at 2 A.M. Monday morning. I'm so glad Trent isn't taking five years to release albums anymore.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-06-2008, 03:59 PM
discipline is a rockin' tune. i can see my self jazzercising to it.

CuckingFunt
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
discipline is a rockin' tune. i can see my self jazzercising to it.

I think this has to be added to the list (with Midge's love of baking and Blaze's fondness for embroidery) of gayest things ever posted in The Club.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-06-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm not really into songs that have the same tone throughout such as Corona Radiata or Light in the Sky, but The Four of Us are Dying is pretty intriguing to me for some reason. And Discipline and Letting You are pretty badass.

Medvedenko
05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Great new album....just got Tickets for their upcoming show...pretty sweet.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Korn>Nine Inch Nails

ROFLROFLOROFLROLFFFLLF
are you shitting me?

Mr.Bottomtooth, I crown thee: King Douche.

midgetonadonkey
05-07-2008, 12:18 AM
I think this has to be added to the list (with Midge's love of baking and Blaze's fondness for embroidery) of gayest things ever posted in The Club.

Fuck you. There is nothing wrong with a man baking.

CuckingFunt
05-07-2008, 02:42 AM
Fuck you. There is nothing wrong with a man baking.

I never said there was.

ATRAIN
05-07-2008, 07:07 AM
So mostly everyone agrees, NIN is better than Korn?
I've listened to his album about eight times since I downloaded it at 2 A.M. Monday morning. I'm so glad Trent isn't taking five years to release albums anymore.

Yeah I have given it multiple listens now, I need to add it to my ipod.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
it's good, but i just don't like how he just pulled the rug from under us the last half of the disc. i mean, i dig the atmospheric-where's-the-razorblade stuff, but i wished it was spread out evenly or something. this disc feels like two seperate halves of a double album on one disc.

ATRAIN
05-07-2008, 11:24 AM
it's good, but i just don't like how he just pulled the rug from under us the last half of the disc. i mean, i dig the atmospheric-where's-the-razorblade stuff, but i wished it was spread out evenly or something. this disc feels like two seperate halves of a double album on one disc.

Yeah I agree it does drop off and sounds like leftoevers from Ghosts towards the end. It is prob left over from Year Zero and Ghosts in one.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-25-2008, 11:01 PM
man. if you haven't seen it already, there's three songs up on their website from a rehearsal for this tour. they're slammin'. it's good to see josh freese laying down the 8th note. i have to go to this show now.