PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge Radio - Spurs

PeterBurns
05-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Looks like I'm doing a phone interview about the series with the Sports station in Baton Rouge later today.

Any points outside of Hugo the Hornet you'd like me to point out.....

Pistons < Spurs
05-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Any chance you can convince them to stop with the whole Rick Flair nonsense, and the ridiculous Boooooooing?

PeterBurns
05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah, the booing is a little weird, but it's a damn energized crowd.
Reminds me a little like Golden State last year.

I kinda like the Ric Flair part.

2easy
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Any chance you can convince them to stop with the whole Rick Flair nonsense, and the ridiculous Boooooooing?

The booing is only going to get worse, especially now that most Hornets fans know it aggravates y'all so much. "Mommy, why are the mean Hornets fans booing my team?":cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:

samikeyp
05-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Rarely do I agree with a Spurs opponent but isn't it the job of the home team to boo the visitors? I would rather see that then seeing the fans lob stuff onto the court.

samikeyp
05-05-2008, 11:22 AM
The booing is only going to get worse, especially now that most Hornets fans know it aggravates y'all so much. "Mommy, why are the mean Hornets fans booing my team?":cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:

You mean the Hornets fans care what Spurs fans think? Why?

2easy
05-05-2008, 11:29 AM

I wouldn't say care, more like amused.

NoMoneyDown
05-05-2008, 11:41 AM

Their newbies to all this PO stuff. About the only time I hear Spurs fans (in the majority) boo is when it is a player that has done something downright nasty (a'la Howard years back to Anderson).

PeterBurns
05-05-2008, 11:49 AM
It's just one game.

It's funny because the majority of Spurs fans are have a high enough BBall IQ, to know that it's only one game.

If Spurs win tonight they are in the driver's seat.

Adjustments on Defense, Duncan bouncing back.....This is the big game.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-05-2008, 11:54 AM

Let me correct you there. It does aggravate the fans as we can barely hear the commentators but in no way it aggravates the players.

They are going to kick the Hornets' asses and there's nothing you or the crowd can do about it. Not a thing.

BRHornet45
05-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Let me correct you there. It does aggravate the fans as we can barely hear the commentators but in no way it aggravates the players.

They are going to kick the Hornets' asses and there's nothing you or the crowd can do about it. Not a thing.

this coming after the 19 point beat down your Spurs just got?

Nolazach
05-05-2008, 12:00 PM

No No No No

We do it for this reason, it pisses the other teams off. If your a Hornets fan you love it.

Booooooooooo!
the whole time the other team has the ball.

Stand up when we have the ball. Wave your towls Monday.

Then do whatever else the screen tells us to.

Really thats how it works. We see Godzilla, and King Kong; that means make more noise.
Casper usually tells us to Boo. Seriously
Its what ever is on the screens, like the "applause" sign at a TV taping.:hat

I agree with this.

PeterBurns
05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
19 Beat down is a little misleading.
This was a good game. Going to be a good series.
I don't think anyone is really worried yet.

Looks like i'll be on for a segment at around 12:30. on 1300 WIBR.

Darcus
05-05-2008, 12:05 PM
do whatever else the screen tells us to.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Telescreen.png

E20
05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Tell them that it was not Hugo the Hornet's fault, it was the goddamn cleanup crew's fault for not knowing how to cleanup a goddamn fire.

Man in the Arena
05-05-2008, 12:17 PM

I'd have to say it affects the players in some way. Either that, or the Spurs just suck it up in the 4th quarter. Since the boos started at the NO'rena (March 12), the Hornets have outscored the Spurs 24-8 and 27-16 in the final quarter of games.

The booing is mostly directed at Bowen; the rest of your team is more or less collateral damage.

spursfan09
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Newsflash, NO is not the only city to boo the Spurs. Get over yourselves. Spurs did not lose because of the crowd or the booing. If that were true, then I'd say the Spurs lost any kind of mental toughness they had, and do not deserve any championships.

GoGatos
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
I wish the ATT Center crowds would get as amped as the ones in NO. SA crowds in top form are the LOUDEST in the league, bar none. Problem is, Spur Fan is spoiled by success and needs a little boost every now and then in order to get it going. Maybe CP3 kicks bowen in the nuts so it can galvanize the Spurs crowd to get into it more. Either way, regardless of the outcome tonight, Spur fan better BRING IT at the ATT on Thursday.

FromWayDowntown
05-05-2008, 12:32 PM
I love Hornets' fans believing that booing is what's making the difference in those games. It was interesting to actually be in the NO Arena and note that there was no booing of the Spurs when they had the lead and were playing well -- a lot of silence in those moments and a lot of muttering among the fans sitting around me.

If it really worked, wouldn't you do it when the other team was ahead?????

spursfan09
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I wish the ATT Center crowds would get as amped as the ones in NO. SA crowds in top form are the LOUDEST in the league, bar none. Problem is, Spur Fan is spoiled by success and needs a little boost every now and then in order to get it going. Maybe CP3 kicks bowen in the nuts so it can galvanize the Spurs crowd to get into it more. Either way, regardless of the outcome tonight, Spur fan better BRING IT at the ATT on Thursday.

If spurs come back down 2. It'll be crazy loud I would imagine.

Ragin Cajun
05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
After we give the Spurs another beatdown tonight it is going to get REALLY CRAZY here!

ElNono
05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
As Depeche Mode would say, Enjoy The Silence

hater
05-05-2008, 12:54 PM

hahahaha the pathetic booing in NO is nothing compared to booing Spurs have seen in Phoenix, Seattle, Utah and Denver.

so it absolutely does not affect the players. keep trying though...

Pistons < Spurs
05-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I love the energy of the Nawlins crowd. It's fun to see the crowd get into it. I just think the booooing has too much of a high school feel to it. And it's not like the players are effected by it. And the Rick Flair mess is just dumb as hell.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Baton Rouge has a sports station????? Is it run by Ryan Perrileaux?? lol

Gotta love the PO virgins on the board.

They think 19 points means they can sweep a veteran team.

NO fans ask the Suns if a 30+ blowout saved their playoff lives and get back with us.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Peter when u gonna start hangin with the big boys....lol

forget about doing a local show in BR......:D

Budkin
05-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I still don't get what Rick Flair has to do with CP3... or New Orleans. Can someone explain that whole thing?

slowchild25
05-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I still don't get what Rick Flair has to do with CP3... or New Orleans. Can someone explain that whole thing?

Flair and Shinn are friends. Also when Baron Davis was with the team in Charlotte and early New Orleans days, the "WOOOOOO!!" sound was Baron's sound, which now has been lazily applied to CP3 .

roturn
05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
We Boo more than just the Spurs. It has become a tradition for us to “Boo” the opposing team when they are on offense. Especially when we need a stop, a.ka. when the game is close. While the most notable “Boo” came when Bowen kicked Paul, we did it for Baron Davis when he returned to the Arena earlier this year.

You guys can talk all you want about us being new to this post season stuff and yes we are. We lost are team for two years. The couple years before that we were horrible.

New Orleans is just learning to become a basketball town. We like to make noise; we are some of the most passionate sports fans you will meet.

It is nice that we are creating tradition. But I don’t see how any other team’s fans would be upset with us making noise.

And trust me, the “Boo” makes a difference. It rattles the other team.

FromWayDowntown
05-05-2008, 02:28 PM

If you say so. I didn't see the Spurs get rattled in Game 1.

nfg3
05-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I hope the Hornets fans continue to boo. I think it's hysterical.

First of all it's their arena and they can do anything they want. They paid for that ticket and it allows them the ability to do that. If they think it will help their team then go for it! We do the same here - that is try to pump our team up and get the W.

But really do any of you think it effects the players? If so I have land in Florida really cheap. The effect is probably just the opposite. In fact I've read where players love to go into opposing arenas and get booed. It really jacks them up to play harder.

All the Spurs need to do is beat the snot out of them and the boos will be for the Hornets and not the Spurs.

Nolazach
05-05-2008, 02:32 PM

I wonder the same thing, since he is from North Carolina, but i go with it.

Wooooooooooooooo!

Pistons < Spurs
05-05-2008, 02:38 PM
In fact I've read where players love to go into opposing arenas and get booed. It really jacks them up to play harder.

Indeed. Billups was just on the Jim Rome show last week saying just that.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 02:38 PM
We Boo more than just the Spurs. It has become a tradition for us to “Boo” the opposing team when they are on offense. Especially when we need a stop, a.ka. when the game is close. While the most notable “Boo” came when Bowen kicked Paul, we did it for Baron Davis when he returned to the Arena earlier this year.

You guys can talk all you want about us being new to this post season stuff and yes we are. We lost are team for two years. The couple years before that we were horrible.

New Orleans is just learning to become a basketball town. We like to make noise; we are some of the most passionate sports fans you will meet.

It is nice that we are creating tradition. But I don’t see how any other team’s fans would be upset with us making noise.

I guess that basically means that the Hornets fans are 'virgins' when it comes to the playoff atmosphere. :lmao

Seriously though, the booing doesn't affect professional athletes. They get that stuff all the time.

It's just like the dumb ass balloons. From where the players are, those balloons are out of the player's vision when shooting free throws.

Oh and one last thing Hornets fans, can you get your game ops/marketing people to be a little more professional tonite?

if your mascot doesn't know how to extinguish a ring of fire, why in the hell would you do it? Oh wait, because it's the first time the Hornets are in the playoffs. duh....

PeterBurns
05-05-2008, 02:42 PM
It will be awfully quiet in that arena with 3 Minutes left in the game.
Spurs 98
Hornets 91

roturn
05-05-2008, 02:52 PM
If you say so. I didn't see the Spurs get rattled in Game 1.

Ummm...101-82? I think the crowd played a part.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Peter:

Did u get the duty of babysitting wally?????

oh lawd!!

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 02:56 PM

Turnovers and sloppy play did that.....not the crowd.

The Spurs don't get rattled by an opposing crowd.

Go back to game 3 of the Suns series and you'll see how quickly the Spurs took the crowd out of the picture.

Same thing here. Crowd noise wasn't a factor at halftime and it only got loud once the Hornets capitalized on the mistakes made.

Won't be a repeat of mistakes tonite.

Might even be the other way around.

The Spurs are pretty thick skinned about crowds and such.

roturn
05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
I guess that basically means that the Hornets fans are 'virgins' when it comes to the playoff atmosphere. :lmao

Seriously though, the booing doesn't affect professional athletes. They get that stuff all the time.

It's just like the dumb ass balloons. From where the players are, those balloons are out of the player's vision when shooting free throws.

Oh and one last thing Hornets fans, can you get your game ops/marketing people to be a little more professional tonite?

if your mascot doesn't know how to extinguish a ring of fire, why in the hell would you do it? Oh wait, because it's the first time the Hornets are in the playoffs. duh....

Hey man, I am relishing the fact that I am part of this playoff run. While the Hornets made the playoffs while in New Orleans their first year here, it was not the same. This is our team and players now, not Charlotte's.

So call it what you will, yes I am a virgin to the NBA playoffs. I don’t see what is so funny about that. Do you remember when the Spurs had their first run? Wasn’t it great feeling? Win or loose, it has been the best NBA season ever for me and a lot of people in New Orleans.

Who Dat!

roturn
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Turnovers and sloppy play did that.....not the crowd.

The Spurs don't get rattled by an opposing crowd.

Go back to game 3 of the Suns series and you'll see how quickly the Spurs took the crowd out of the picture.

Same thing here. Crowd noise wasn't a factor at halftime and it only got loud once the Hornets capitalized on the mistakes made.

Won't be a repeat of mistakes tonite.

Might even be the other way around.

The Spurs are pretty thick skinned about crowds and such.

Every team can get rattled by the crowd, which is why HCA is so important. Don't think your Spurs are invincible, you will be disappointed. I am all for homerism, but to be ignorant and think that the Spurs can’t be affected and that Hornets and the crowd had nothing to do with the outcome of game 1 is just foolish.

Go Hornets!

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey man, I am relishing the fact that I am part of this playoff run. While the Hornets made the playoffs while in New Orleans their first year here, it was not the same. This is our team and players now, not Charlotte's.

So call it what you will, yes I am a virgin to the NBA playoffs. I don’t see what is so funny about that. Do you remember when the Spurs had their first run? Wasn’t it great feeling? Win or loose, it has been the best NBA season ever for me and a lot of people in New Orleans.

Who Dat!

The Spurs have been in the playoffs for most of their 35 years of existence and have always been in the playoffs since he's been here.

Most of us were kids when that first run by Captain Late (James Silas), Larry Kenon, the Iceman, etc.

So to answer your question, naw, can't relate to it unless you are talking about the championship runs and we have all been around for those.

tlongII
05-05-2008, 03:08 PM
The Spurs have been in the playoffs for most of their 35 years of existence and have always been in the playoffs since he's been here.

Most of us were kids when that first run by Captain Lake, the Iceman, etc.

So to answer your question, naw, can't relate to it unless you are talking about the championship runs and we have all been around for those.

Who is Captain Lake?

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Every team can get rattled by the crowd, which is why HCA is so important. Don't think your Spurs are invincible, you will be disappointed. I am all for homerism, but to be ignorant and think that the Spurs can’t be affected and that Hornets and the crowd had nothing to do with the outcome of game 1 is just foolish.

Go Hornets!

Nobody on the board said the Spurs were invincible. Ask any of us and we'll tell you that HCA didn't help us in 06. Spurs had the better record than Dallas and yet we lost a game seven that would have sent us on to the WCF and a back to back title.

Is it important? Yes. Is it absolute? No.

roturn
05-05-2008, 03:10 PM

Most of us were kids when that first run by Captain Lake, the Iceman, etc.

Umm...that is exactly what I am talking about. You remember that first championship, don't you?

SPARKY
05-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Umm...that is exactly what I am talking about. You remember that first championship, don't you?

Sure, and I remember many playoff runs before that. I also remember the Spurs being the new flavor of the month team and getting dropped in the postseason after being up in a series.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:16 PM
You said playoff run......not championship run.

don't start thinking too far ahead of this series.

Even if the Hornets get past the Spurs, there is one of two teams left who have brilliant coaches with a lot more playoff experience than Byron.

Your team is facing one of the all time winningest coaches in "modern" NBA playoff history with a .644 winning percentage over his career.

He's only had one losing season and he has put all of the championship teams together.

It's more than just players, it's the coaching staffs as well.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Sure, and I remember many playoff runs before that. I also remember the Spurs being the new flavor of the month team and getting dropped in the postseason after being up in a series.

Bingo Sparky.......

NOLA fans don't think that could happen to them until it does.

roturn
05-05-2008, 03:27 PM
It is a good feeling right now to be a Hornets fan.

God forbid were are not smug like you becasue since we don't have 4 rings and made the playoffs almost every year for the past 35.

The nerve of us to believe we can beat the Spurs and and possibly win a championship!

Silliy us what were we thinking.

Keep believing we are the flavor of the month. People have been saying we will fade all season, it hasn't happened.

You might not think so, but we believe the Hornets are special this year. So bring on tonight. I can't wait!

SPARKY
05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
God forbid you were are not becasue since we don't have 4 rings and made the playoffs almost every year for the past 35.

I, for one, am thankful we are not you.

roturn
05-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I, for one, am thankful we are not you.

Thanks for point out the clerical error! You are a sweet heart!

2easy
05-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Bingo Sparky.......

NOLA fans don't think that could happen to them until it does.

No teams fans believe it can happen to them until it does moron. Dont you think it would be stupid if Hornets were saying "There is no way we can beat the Spurs". I have come to realize in my short time on this board that Spurs fans are very spoiled and think way too highly of themselves. Its time for it to come tumbling down my friend.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:35 PM
It is a good feeling right now to be a Hornets fan.

God forbid were are not smug like you becasue since we don't have 4 rings and made the playoffs almost every year for the past 35.

The nerve of us to believe we can beat the Spurs and and possibly win a championship!

Silliy us what were we thinking.

Keep believing we are the flavor of the month. People have been saying we will fade all season, it hasn't happened.

You might not think so, but we believe the Hornets are special this year. So bring on tonight. I can't wait!

I don't prescribe to the regular season.

All season people kept saying the Spurs wouldn't be one of the top teams in the west and yet, surprise here they are again.

No one is believing that you are the flavor of the month but you are trying to get where we are now.

Like the team, we Spurs fans are veterans at this.

You guys are new and its okay to have that special feeling.

But you have to be realists as well.

To dismiss the Spurs simply because you won game one doesn't mean anything.

Take a lesson and learn it from the Mavs of 06.

They had the Heat down 0-2 and was never heard from again.

The Heat was a veteran team that had guys who knew how to win championships.

Not just a coach but a complete team with coaches, players and all.

The Spurs want this just as bad as your team does but they have an advantage over the Hornets; they know what it tastes like.

Just be prepared if this series turns out to be longer than you think.

SPARKY
05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
No teams fans believe it can happen to them until it does moron. Dont you think it would be stupid if Hornets were saying "There is no way we can beat the Spurs". I have come to realize in my short time on this board that Spurs fans are very spoiled and think way too highly of themselves. Its time for it to come tumbling down my friend.

It would be pretty stupid if a bunch of us were trolling another team's forum acting like 12 year olds.

Pistons < Spurs
05-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Go Hornets!

HCA is important because the fans support you ... not because they rattle the opponent.

The players feed off of their home crowd going crazy on a fast break dunk, a big block, diving for a loose ball etc etc. It's a shot of adrenaline that keeps the home team going at a high energy level.

Younger players especially tend to excel in their home environment.

The benefit of HCA has absolutely nothing to do fans trying to rattle the visitors. Players are used to walking into different arenas and getting boo'd and heckled. They ignore it. They're completely capable of blocking it.

DarrinS
05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
HCA is important because the fans support you ... not because they rattle the opponent.

The players feed off of their home crowd going crazy on a fast break dunk, a big block, diving for a loose ball etc etc. It's a shot of adrenaline that keeps the home team going at a high energy level.

Younger players especially tend to excel in their home environment.

The benefit of HCA has absolutely nothing to do fans trying to rattle the visitors. Players are used to walking into different arenas and getting boo'd and heckled. They ignore it. They're completely capable of blocking it.

I read somewhere that Manu actually likes to play road games and takes the booing as a compliment.

ElNono
05-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Look at the brighter side. Once we are done with your team, we'll still be here to cheer you up from your sure depression after the premature ejaculation. We will be even able to answer that question you will be asking yourself: "What happened?"

2easy
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
It would be pretty stupid if a bunch of us were trolling another team's forum acting like 12 year olds.

Don't worry. We'll be on the Lakers' board next weekend bothering them while y'all are left here wondering what just happened.

2easy
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I read somewhere that Manu actually likes to play road games and takes the booing as a compliment.

Oh, well nevermind then. We're going to stop booing now.

SPARKY
05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Don't worry. We'll be on the Lakers' board next weekend bothering them while y'all are left here wondering what just happened.

Meanwhile, Laker fans will be here.

PeterBurns
05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Here's the deal. I still believe that the Spurs will win in 6.
Nothing has changed.

Although being a Baton Rouge boy, I will say that if the Hornets win, I'm pulling for them for sure.

Between Chris Paul and David West, they both seem like good guys that play hard.

Plus they both went to school for 4 years, and for whatever reason, I like that.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Spoiled?

If going to five NBA Finals in what, 11 years is spoiled, then so be it.

But that is also called a tradition 2easy and until you guys have a tradition of going deep in the playoffs and winning more than series each year, I wouldn't expect you to understand any of this.

roturn
05-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't prescribe to the regular season.

All season people kept saying the Spurs wouldn't be one of the top teams in the west and yet, surprise here they are again.

No one is believing that you are the flavor of the month but you are trying to get where we are now.

Like the team, we Spurs fans are veterans at this.

You guys are new and its okay to have that special feeling.

But you have to be realists as well.

To dismiss the Spurs simply because you won game one doesn't mean anything.

Take a lesson and learn it from the Mavs of 06.

They had the Heat down 0-2 and was never heard from again.

The Heat was a veteran team that had guys who knew how to win championships.

Not just a coach but a complete team with coaches, players and all.

The Spurs want this just as bad as your team does but they have an advantage over the Hornets; they know what it tastes like.

Just be prepared if this series turns out to be longer than you think.

First off, make sure you read your fellow Spurs fan’s remarks. Some of you believe the Hornets are a fluke and will be forgotten about after this season. Which I don’t see how anyone could actual believe that.

I don’t think at any point in this thread I have said this series is over, due to the fact the Hornets won game 1. This series will be fun!

I am glad you Spurs fan’s are season veterans of the playoffs, because someone needed to explain to me how a 7 game series worked. I just didn’t know we had win 4 games. It is not like we coonasses have ever watched the NBA playoffs before. We just became fans since we made the playoffs this year.

I am sure your team has heart and desire just like we do. I have never indicted otherwise. In fact I still believe Duncan is the best player in the NBA. Why because he has last years ring. I see his passion and admire it a lot. I see that same fire in the entire Hornets team.

slowchild25
05-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Plus they both went to school for 4 years, and for whatever reason, I like that.

Chris Paul left Wake Forrest after two season.

Chris Paul best player ever in the NBA from Wake Forrest...

:p:

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Here's the deal. I still believe that the Spurs will win in 6.
Nothing has changed.

Although being a Baton Rouge boy, I will say that if the Hornets win, I'm pulling for them for sure.

Between Chris Paul and David West, they both seem like good guys that play hard.

Peter you are smoking crack again!!:bang

Paul went to Wake Forest for two seasons.

SPARKY
05-05-2008, 03:53 PM

Yes, you are "slow."

slowchild25
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Yes, you are "slow."

http://utenti.lycos.it/doh/indexfiles/homer_doh.gif

That's what happens when your posting at work and get in a hurry trying to hit the submit button before your boss walks by.

PeterBurns
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Nice.....What the hell was I thinking.....I refuse to edit to show the shallowness of my Wake Forest / Chris Paul Knowledge.

Either way.....that Mofo is fun to watch.

slowchild25
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Nice.....What the hell was I thinking.....I refuse to edit to show the shallowness of my Wake Forest / Chris Paul Knowledge.

Either way.....that Mofo is fun to watch.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/madmaxdeacon/tim16.jpeg

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Dude the best player from Wake Forest led his team to FOUR NBA titles.

Let's not get this all nice and twisted after one spectacular season people.

Chris Paul is not the next coming of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, KG, MJ or the like.

Let the kid get a few more playoffs under his belt first before you start crowing him the best NBA player ever from any school.

slowchild25
05-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Dude the best player from Wake Forest led his team to FOUR NBA titles.

Let's not get this all nice and twisted after one spectacular season people.

Chris Paul is not the next coming of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, KG, MJ or the like.

Let the kid get a few more playoffs under his belt first before you start crowing him the best NBA player ever from any school.

It was a joke I'm well aware of what forum I'm on and who went there. :toast

roturn
05-05-2008, 03:59 PM
God I hope their at least 2 spurs fans in the Arena tonight, so I can talk some shit in person. I thank you guys for getting me even more fired up for this game. This is fun. This is what the playoffs are about.

I just hope you folks don't turn nasty and start pouting after you realize how good this Hornets team is and that the Spurs era, with all do respect, is coming to an end.

Welcome to the show!!! Hope you enjoy the ride. The bandwagoners welcome after it steams rolls you!

FromWayDowntown
05-05-2008, 04:00 PM

Yeah, see, I don't. I think the Hornets played a big part -- and I would never diminish the credit due to them by suggesting that a bunch of people who could never play that game had any bearing on making that happen.

It seems unseemly to credit a crowd and take away from the credit due to a great young team.

In other words, the crowd could boo all it wanted, but if the Hornets didn't play well, the booing wouldn't have made one bit of difference -- and I don't think the Hornets played better just because the crowd was booing; nor do I think that the Spurs played poorly because of that.

Credit where credit is due. Credit is not due to the crowd.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
First off, make sure you read your fellow Spurs fan’s remarks. Some of you believe the Hornets are a fluke and will be forgotten about after this season. Which I don’t see how anyone could actual believe that.

I don’t think at any point in this thread I have said this series is over, due to the fact the Hornets won game 1. This series will be fun!

I am glad you Spurs fan’s are season veterans of the playoffs, because someone needed to explain to me how a 7 game series worked. I just didn’t know we had win 4 games. It is not like we coonasses have ever watched the NBA playoffs before. We just became fans since we made the playoffs this year.

I am sure your team has heart and desire just like we do. I have never indicted otherwise. In fact I still believe Duncan is the best player in the NBA. Why because he has last years ring. I see his passion and admire it a lot. I see that same fire in the entire Hornets team.

As anyone will tell you I don't subscribe to most of the posters on the board either!! :lmao

Nope you haven't said that the series is over but you definitely got some Hornets fans drinking WAY too many hurricanes so early in the day.

roturn
05-05-2008, 04:05 PM
As anyone will tell you I don't subscribe to most of the posters on the board either!! :lmao

Nope you haven't said that the series is over but you definitely got some Hornets fans drinking WAY too many hurricanes so early in the day.

Some of us tend to get ahead of ourselves. I call it the Saints syndrome.

DarrinS
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
You guys are stoned.

The best player from Wake Forest is Josh Howard.

nbascribe
05-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Some of us tend to get ahead of ourselves. I call it the Saints syndrome.

The Saints???

Talk about not hearing about a team since a playoff run.......:wow

roturn
05-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Dude it is almost 4:20, who wants to bet Josh Howard is packing a bowl just like he was packing his locker last week?

roturn
05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
The Saints???

Talk about not hearing about a team since a playoff run.......:wow

Wait till next year! We might have a defense!

You see, I have the Saints syndrome too.. it is in our DNA.

DarrinS
05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Dude it is almost 4:20, who wants to bet Josh Howard is packing a bowl just like he was packing his locker last week?

A friend of mine just saw him in a Texaco station. He spent about 30 minutes in the chip isle.

roturn
05-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Where are the funnyons man? I can't find them!

Pistons < Spurs
05-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Being new here, you do not know the personalities of the posters. You don't know for example that SpursDynasty and his fluke comments on just about every team and every player do not represent the views of ... well pretty much anyone but him!

Hang around for a while, and you'll soon learn who the quality posters are, and which threads/posts you should basically ignore. Every board has it's share of fools ... you just have to make sure you don't paint the masses with a broad brush based on a couple of ignorant posters.

VoiceofReason
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Go Hornets!

Sect. 110. Represent.